PDA

View Full Version : "Having" chickens vs. "having" cows in the new tasks

cakeandpie
12-19-11, 12:51 PM
So we've already discovered that "having" cows (and also "having" giant candy canes if you choose to do that goal) means you have to purchase all new ones. The ones you already have on your farm or in inventory don't count.

However, I just started the "chicken handler" goal yesterday, and they want you to "have" 6 brown chickens. Surprisingly, the 5 I already owned were credited towards the 6! Yay! I bought one more and then sold it, checked the goal, and it still said I only had 5. So I bought another, checked the goal, and it was checked completed. I sold the chicken and then checked the goal, and it was back to 5/6. So I bought a third chicken and stored it in inventory and it still says complete.

So it's really nice that the brown chickens you already have do count towards this goal, but if you have to buy more to fulfill it, you must keep them, at least in inventory.

Sure wish my cows would have counted towards the "Santa Cows" goal since cows are 800 and brown chickens are only 50!!

kattybell
12-19-11, 01:03 PM
I know what you mean. I was surprised to when it showed up that I had the chickens.

GroupMagma
12-19-11, 01:51 PM
The Cow issue is likely a bug. Though it won't work retroactively, I can see if we can fix this for those who have yet to complete this quest.

farmerrobbo
12-20-11, 05:08 AM
The Cow issue is likely a bug. Though it won't work retroactively, I can see if we can fix this for those who have yet to complete this quest.

Thanks! I did the cow goal today, and it recognized the ones I'd already brought.

mushroom79
12-21-11, 05:30 AM
having cows or chickens as gifts actually work. I got a chicken as a gift from a nbr, saved it and then it was counted. The gift came after the goal came out. So for those who are running low on coins, do get your friendly nbrs to send you the cows or chickens as gifts by posting on their walls

hectorloch
12-21-11, 08:50 AM
having cows or chickens as gifts actually work. ..........

It was broken when cakeandpie first posted but (it seems) has since been fixed. Certainly, I had to buy cows when, annoyingly, I had byres full of them in Inventory.

Good plan to think ahead though and ask your nbr's for cows and chickens as mainstream gifts.

PS Plum Trees too as gifts would be good.

mushroom79
12-21-11, 08:21 PM
Pls do not sell the chickens even after you complete the quest. Just store them. What happen to me was I sold the 6 chickens after I was awarded the snow pine and then got the new goal. After I planted the pines and bought new ones and exit the game, when I came back, all pines were gone and it was goal-locked again. The old goal came back and the chickens reset to 0/6 and I had to buy everything and store them again in order to re-unlock the snow pine.