PDA

View Full Version : Goal Issues

GroupMagma
12-19-11, 12:40 PM
Hey guys,

We have received a lot of reports regarding lost Goal progress and/or an inability to continue through Goals in Bakery, Farm and Restaurant (the Holiday games, specifically). We're aware of these issues, and hope to have them ironed out completely soon (expect a fix later today).

Please direct inquiries regarding Quest Progression, particularly in instances in which Gems were spent, to our Support team at support@teamlava.com.

Others have also wanted to know if they will be able to have extended time with the holiday items due to the issues. Holiday items & quests are currently scheduled to be removed on Jan. 13; players will receive a notification via popup the week prior informing them of the removal of these items. Also, please note that while some recipes are Holiday Themed that are received from Quests, ALL recipes unlocked via quests will be available beyond the limited time.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

pinkberry22
12-19-11, 01:00 PM
Thank u very much for clearing this up
And I want to ask about the goals for fashio

pinkberry22
12-19-11, 01:01 PM
Sorry sent by mistke ^^^
Anyway. The goals for fashion we received them days ago but it was removed after
When we will receive it again?

pinkberry22
12-19-11, 01:02 PM
And sorry another question will goals be removed after Jan 13?

ilovecooper14
12-19-11, 01:04 PM

That's my question, too. (The holiday goals.)

di1975
12-19-11, 01:10 PM
Hi GM!

You said holiday items and quests will be removed...but holiday recipes that r unlocked by quests will still be available if we manage to get unlocked.

What about other holiday recipes? The ones we didn't have to unlock? Are any of those going to be removed?

di1975
12-19-11, 01:11 PM
Hi GM!

You said holiday items and quests will be removed...but holiday recipes that r unlocked by quests will still be available if we manage to get unlocked.

What about other holiday recipes? The ones we didn't have to unlock? Are any of those going to be removed?

ccflorida
12-19-11, 01:41 PM
THANK YOU for giving us the update!!!!!!

Rachael98
12-19-11, 01:45 PM
Thank you GM, but could you please give feedback that (though it's the 12th Night), that it's not really long enough? There's absolutely no way physically for us to master all the items, which is a shame. Thanks!

ultrafrog
12-19-11, 01:47 PM
Are goals going to be modified so that we aren't required to spent gems to complete them?

GroupMagma
12-19-11, 02:41 PM
Sorry sent by mistke ^^^
Anyway. The goals for fashion we received them days ago but it was removed after
When we will receive it again?

I don't have any update on these at the moment. I'll be sure to post when I do.

The Christmas specific ones (available from the holiday games) will.

Hi GM!

Yes, most likely on Jan. 13.

Are goals going to be modified so that we aren't required to spent gems to complete them?

Probably not, as this is how the Goals were created.

xcellent
12-19-11, 03:15 PM
What happened? After the maintenance in RS, all tasks are reset from the beginning!!! >_<

Is there any good news everytime an update is implemented? Haven't heard any!....

MiniLaura
12-19-11, 03:15 PM
GM,

Thank you so much for answering my biggest concern about the quests and about the holiday items: Telling us when they are going to be removed. This, hopefully, will reduce the anxiety on the forums regarding the difficulties completing the quests.

diverDestiny
12-19-11, 03:22 PM
Well with you last maintenance, I just lost all my progress in restaurant with the goals. Now I have to buy another chestnut roaster and make 25 more grill cheese. I just finished making the grill cheese this afternoon. Now I have to start all over again. At this rate, I won't be able to finish any goals or unlock anything. *sigh*

Rachael98
12-19-11, 03:25 PM
What happened? After the maintenance in RS, all tasks are reset from the beginning!!! >_<

Is there any good news everytime an update is implemented? Haven't heard any!....

Well with you last maintenance, I just lost all my progress in restaurant with the goals. Now I have to buy another chestnut roaster and make 25 more grill cheese. I just finished making the grill cheese this afternoon. Now I have to start all over again. At this rate, I won't be able to finish any goals or unlock anything. *sigh*

There's a thread for that here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21370-Restaurant-Story-down);).

shop555
12-19-11, 03:28 PM
Hi, This happened to me too. I deleted rs and reinstalled it, and now the goals are missing and all the prime rib i've been making for the last few day's is gone from my counters and cookers. It takes a whole day to cook it so I was rather miffed when it all disapeared! Maybe the xmas goal's should be scrapped and bring them in with non seasonal recipies (because at this rate there won't be enough time to finish anything) when the bug's are sorted. It will be a good addition to the game when it works properly.

gamergl
12-19-11, 03:30 PM
GM,

Thank you so much for answering my biggest concern about the quests and about the holiday items: Telling us when they are going to be removed. This, hopefully, will reduce the anxiety on the forums regarding the difficulties completing the quests.

Ditto. What a shame for teamlava to try and rush a Christmas release, and have it bomb, and for such a short time. Maybe concentrate on the basic game functionality before 'botching' theme releases.

juliec05
12-19-11, 03:31 PM
I also have been sent back to the beginning of my goals on RS and keep getting out of synch messages.
Thanks for the update. Let's hope it's fixed before the last of my ribs cook :)

DreamBig14
12-19-11, 03:40 PM
Okay I would really appreciate if someone could answer or clarify these questions:

Will the goals be back? Even if they won't be back today, will they be back later on?
If the goals do come back, will be able to start where we left off?

Sorry if these questions are a bit repetitive, but I'm completely lost.

Thanks.

meggie520
12-19-11, 03:44 PM
Okay I would really appreciate if someone could answer or clarify these questions:

Will the goals be back? Even if they won't be back today, will they be back later on?

Thanks.
im NOT SURE AS WELL THOSE ARE MY QUESTIONS!

meggie520
12-19-11, 03:47 PM

Thanks.
sry 4 last post.. accident
They will hopefully be bakc after nxt manual update and much matinence so i would be watching 4 matinence unexpactedly!!! When they come back we should be @ the same progress point but until then, Im not gonna do any more quests cuz im P.O.ed
Well, Meggie520 cuz I'm Megz, obviously..... Now stop asking questions!!! :)
Luvya,
Megz.. A.K.A. Nightclub Rep.
P.S. Madi's my bff :)
Proud member of Teamlava Forum User Union!!!
MERRY XMAS!!!!

Rachael98
12-19-11, 03:49 PM

Thanks.

Very good questions, but ones that we'll probably need to wait for TL (GM) to answer.

beatleboy1091
12-19-11, 03:51 PM
So I think most of us can agree that you have ruined Christmas. Thanks!

DreamBig14
12-19-11, 03:53 PM
Very good questions, but ones that we'll probably need to wait for TL (GM) to answer.

sry 4 last post.. accident
They will hopefully be bakc after nxt manual update and much matinence so i would be watching 4 matinence unexpactedly!!! When they come back we should be @ the same progress point but until then, Im not gonna do any more quests cuz im P.O.ed
Well, Meggie520 cuz I'm Megz, obviously..... Now stop asking questions!!! :)
Luvya,
Megz.. A.K.A. Nightclub Rep.
P.S. Madi's my bff :)
Proud member of Teamlava Forum User Union!!!
MERRY XMAS!!!!

Alright, thank you for letting me know :)

Rachael98
12-19-11, 03:56 PM
So I think most of us can agree that you have ruined Christmas. Thanks!

They still have a few days left to fix it!

coloradomom1
12-19-11, 04:00 PM
The Christmas versions have been a horrible mess in many of the stories. I guess the best strategy is to just be satisfied with the regular game and earn, do not buy gems, city cash, etc.

sehana
12-19-11, 04:03 PM
I'm usually not one to complain, but With all the force closes, errors, lost connection/sync and maintenance, isn't it only fair to perhaps extend the Christmas items a little further? especially now that the quests/goals (Whichever they're called) are reset :(

But I guess then people will want New Year & Valentine's stuff also :p... *SIGH* so many people to please. :)

emmyray
12-19-11, 04:09 PM
My goals have been erased!!!???? This problem has just occurred in the last couple of hours. Would someone please fix this problem...... And soon!

primerib
12-19-11, 04:17 PM
So all my goals have been reset as well.. Not impressed in the least with this latest fumble. Whats worse is I can't say I'm surprised either based on past experiences. I'm going to assume everyones previous goal standings will be restored as it's hard to believe they would be that stupid not to have the data backed up. Especially when the goal contacts their servers what seems like every time you press any button in their games.

Get it fixed, apologize for the inconvenience, and we'll pretend it never happened....

ultrafrog
12-19-11, 04:18 PM
Prime Rib THERE YOU ARE.

I spent so many days cooking you up only for you to up and leave me :(

MoonAndRew
12-19-11, 04:19 PM
Dear team,
I am upset. My goals have resetted to the beginning.
I don't want to hide my excitement over this game. I made good neighbors and I always try to be there for them whenever they need items or gifts. I also don't want to hide the fact that I actually try to wake up in the middle of the night to try and serve my dishes for the quest so I can be faster ahead.

Today, now, in the early times of 7am. I am lost for words. I can feel tears in my eyes, my goals are resetted for restaurant story. Tell us what to do. Are u guys going to put back the quest that were done? Or ? Pls tell me. Because, this is a con! For us to buy gems. PAY WITH REAL MONEY AND THEN U GIVE US THIS type of results that don't account for it. Money if u take, fine. NOW U ARE TAKING AWAY MY TIME! MY 1 full day of waiting for that ribs!?!?!

Pls counter your game and check with your systems before launching anything. Make a beta or something. Make blizzard your fellow example. I understand your game is free, but for those who really spent money on gems, we are your real customers. Treasure us, and we will treasure your efforts too. is this game here to stay? If yes, pls, make it work.

LCAHEARTS
12-19-11, 04:20 PM
Prime Rib THERE YOU ARE.

I spent so many days cooking you up only for you to up and leave me :(

LOL! I couldnt help but laugh at this ;)

Hawaiianmomma
12-19-11, 04:20 PM
So all my goals have been reset as well.. Not impressed in the least with this latest fumble. Whats worse is I can't say I'm surprised either based on past experiences. I'm going to assume everyones previous goal standings will be restored as it's hard to believe they would be that stupid not to have the data backed up. Especially when the goal contacts their servers what seems like every time you press any button in their games.

Get it fixed, apologize for the inconvenience, and we'll pretend it never happened....

I second thatand Happy Fuzzy Freaking Goofy Holidayz to Everyone....lol

Hawaiianmomma
12-19-11, 04:25 PM
Oh and the gems ppl are using for goals are alarmingly disappearing.....I wish you a large wrench to fix. Negative interactions of per glitches sets households in justified mini furious unnecessary episodes....Tis the Season To Be Jolly.....Not Folly

shop555
12-19-11, 04:56 PM
My prime rib is back too! I'll sleep easy tonight now!

astriger
12-19-11, 05:38 PM
Dear team,
I am upset. My goals have resetted to the beginning.
I don't want to hide my excitement over this game. I made good neighbors and I always try to be there for them whenever they need items or gifts. I also don't want to hide the fact that I actually try to wake up in the middle of the night to try and serve my dishes for the quest so I can be faster ahead.

Today, now, in the early times of 7am. I am lost for words. I can feel tears in my eyes, my goals are resetted for restaurant story. Tell us what to do. Are u guys going to put back the quest that were done? Or ? Pls tell me. Because, this is a con! For us to buy gems. PAY WITH REAL MONEY AND THEN U GIVE US THIS type of results that don't account for it. Money if u take, fine. NOW U ARE TAKING AWAY MY TIME! MY 1 full day of waiting for that ribs!?!?!

Pls counter your game and check with your systems before launching anything. Make a beta or something. Make blizzard your fellow example. I understand your game is free, but for those who really spent money on gems, we are your real customers. Treasure us, and we will treasure your efforts too. is this game here to stay? If yes, pls, make it work.

THIS. THISSSSSSSSSS. Ive been waking up in the middle of the night for the past few days setting multiple alarms and timers to make sure my food doesn't burn. I've sacrificed so much of my sleep and to be honest at this point I'm not even angry anymore I'm just... Tired. :(

MoonAndRew can we be friends ^^

spuds2011
12-19-11, 05:56 PM
aww I was enjoying the bakery story goals :( i just didnt like the restaurant goals

12-19-11, 05:59 PM
:mad:What about emoji issue? Too long and no news about it

MoonAndRew
12-19-11, 06:26 PM
THIS. THISSSSSSSSSS. Ive been waking up in the middle of the night for the past few days setting multiple alarms and timers to make sure my food doesn't burn. I've sacrificed so much of my sleep and to be honest at this point I'm not even angry anymore I'm just... Tired. :(

MoonAndRew can we be friends ^^

Yes we can of course! I was shy to say that on forum, but that's the truth for me. Lol.

I am so sad that I feel like quiting the game now, not that I am a quitter, but it's just 2nd thoughts on whether this game is worth playing? When TL just have maintence whenever they want, and not post on the boards on our walls? Or even have bulletins like how they promote their zoo story? Irony.

aiyayu
12-19-11, 06:46 PM
What recipes are will be removed from each game on Jan 13?

sehana
12-19-11, 06:48 PM
I'd like to know also.

DreamBig14
12-19-11, 07:05 PM
Yay! The goals are back up, supper happy, no progress was lost. Thank you TL.

iusedtobedigusr
12-19-11, 07:14 PM
And I know that at Halloween, Any "Holiday" tree's we had in our inventory can be used at any time after. I'd like confirmation that this will be the case this time. With the Holly tree running 20,000 coin and a 2 day maturation period, I don't want to invest 2-3 mil coins to rush it out, but also don't want to open inventory in Feb to see the trees I bought are gone. But if this can't be confirmed I will. Sorry but as we have all seen, lately things on these games change on the fly with no notification at all usually to the detriment of the players.

cakeandpie
12-19-11, 08:23 PM

GM said, "ALL recipes unlocked via quests will be available beyond the limited time." That means the answer is: none.

CraftyGranna
12-19-11, 08:29 PM
What about items I received for goals (Santa hats, cinnamon sticks, etc.) that went into my Halloween version? Will those automatically be brought over to the Christmas version? I hate deleted the Halloween version, do I need to download it again for them to convert over from Halloween version to Christmas version? Thanks bunches.

CraftyGranna
12-19-11, 08:31 PM
oops, typo, I "have" deleted, not hate deleted, sorry

c00kiepuss
12-19-11, 08:39 PM
Sadly I've yet to receive any Bakery Story goals so I haven't been able to work towards the new goalrecipes that need to be unlocked. I have two candy cane makers that sit in inventory unable to do anything with them. At this point I only have a few weeks left and have lost about a week to make any progress. Can anyone tell me how to unlock the goals so I can work towards unlocking the recipes? I have mastered every oven recipe (except the two new holiday recipes) and would really love to add the new ones to my bakery. Thanks for any help you can give me!

kooky panda
12-19-11, 09:16 PM
Sadly I've yet to receive any Bakery Story goals so I haven't been able to work towards the new goalrecipes that need to be unlocked. I have two candy cane makers that sit in inventory unable to do anything with them. At this point I only have a few weeks left and have lost about a week to make any progress. Can anyone tell me how to unlock the goals so I can work towards unlocking the recipes? I have mastered every oven recipe (except the two new holiday recipes) and would really love to add the new ones to my bakery. Thanks for any help you can give me!
what device do you play on? android? Ipad? Iphone?

kooky panda
12-19-11, 09:28 PM

Holiday items & quests are currently scheduled to be removed on Jan. 13.
while some recipes are Holiday Themed that are received from Quests, ALL recipes unlocked via quests will be available beyond the limited time.

Example in Farm - the Ornamental crops will be removed January 13, but the Candy Cane crops and locked trees will remain longer.
Example in RS - the Morning Cheer will be removed, but locked items will remain a little longer

jj486
12-19-11, 09:43 PM
how about the chestnut and the fry ducken?

melodypalace
12-19-11, 09:52 PM
I am still waiting for FS goals to appear...sighz....:(

FireBoltI
12-19-11, 09:56 PM

yeah and the candy cane + marzipan

---

F.B.I.

FireBoltI in all games

primerib
12-19-11, 10:21 PM
Well TL.. You held up your end of the bargain by fixing the bug(s) and restoring my goal standings. So I will hold up my end and pretend this never happened. The *story themed games are fun but proper testing needs to be done with future versions, prior to their deployment.

pinkster73
12-19-11, 10:57 PM
Well TL.. You held up your end of the bargain by fixing the bug(s) and restoring my goal standings. So I will hold up my end and pretend this never happened. The *story themed games are fun but proper testing needs to be done with future versions, prior to their deployment.

I like your bargain, it made me giggle

greygull
12-19-11, 11:06 PM

I think a CM posted that they will be removed at some point (this was a few days ago), but if you had purchased these and the ones in Bakery, you would keep them. Similar to holiday decor that gets removed - you can't buy more, but yours won't disappear.

aiyayu
12-19-11, 11:38 PM
GM said, "ALL recipes unlocked via quests will be available beyond the limited time." That means the answer is: none.

Well, yes I read that. I ment the non-quest recipes Pecan Pie, Chocolate Cherry Trifle, Meat Pie, Mutton Leg, Naughty on Ice, etc. Some may not leave like the Malt Mummy from Halloween.

DoubleZ
12-20-11, 12:32 AM

I was told by support some months ago that no releases/updates are tested prior to release.
It was said in matter-of-fact manner, so my logical assumption is that there are no future plans to do so either.

xcellent
12-20-11, 12:40 AM
I was told by support some months ago that no releases/updates are tested prior to release.
It was said in matter-of-fact manner, so my logical assumption is that there are no future plans to do so either.

They test alright...... To the players! They Just wait for feedbacks......... :-p

briguynv
12-20-11, 01:07 AM
Requests in quests/goals STILL aren't working for me on RS on my iPhone... because of so many issues, and trouble with the requests anyway, I decided not to send ANY requests out on ANY of my games for 2 days... so I didn't. So to be clear it's been 48 hours since I last sent a request of ANY kind in RS, not even for parts/materials... nothing... so a little bit ago, I tried to send requests for the few items I've needed for a couple of days still... yet when I tried, it kept saying I had already sent... which of course I have NOT sent in 48 hours, much less 24 hours. VERY frustrating! I've been trying to complete these two quests for 3 days now... but can't get the last few items. GRRRRRRR!!!!!

iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 RS 1.4.2

MoonAndRew
12-20-11, 05:23 AM
VERY VRY GOOD! I just managed to log in! And I am really happy and relieved. Thank u so much. I appreciate it!

EVERYONE! Start baking and start cooking! Gogogo!!!

c00kiepuss
12-20-11, 05:29 AM
I'm using an IPad 2.

c00kiepuss
12-20-11, 05:32 AM
what device do you play on? android? Ipad? Iphone?

Sorry I didn't quote in my previous post, I'm using an iPas 2. Thank you!

12-20-11, 06:03 AM
They test alright...... To the players! They Just wait for feedbacks......... :-p

It means that all user/player here are the tester which is similar as guinea pig or trial error. They can say that they have tested it. Who is tester???? Programmer/developer?????

kooky panda
12-20-11, 06:08 AM
Requests in quests/goals STILL aren't working for me on RS on my iPhone... because of so many issues, and trouble with the requests anyway, I decided not to send ANY requests out on ANY of my games for 2 days... so I didn't. So to be clear it's been 48 hours since I last sent a request of ANY kind in RS, not even for parts/materials... nothing... so a little bit ago, I tried to send requests for the few items I've needed for a couple of days still... yet when I tried, it kept saying I had already sent... which of course I have NOT sent in 48 hours, much less 24 hours. VERY frustrating! I've been trying to complete these two quests for 3 days now... but can't get the last few items. GRRRRRRR!!!!!

iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 RS 1.4.2

Question- Are you also trying to build any appliances where you are sending out material requests to your nbrs for parts? If so, the goal requests and material requests for appliances are tied together so If you send out to all your nbrs for a part to an appliance, you will not be able to send any goal requests out for that 24 hour period.

You can also only accept a total of 20 appliance parts and/or goal items in a 24 hour period.

mostdgk
12-20-11, 07:36 AM
Will there be a gem sale? Seeing at how your FORCING us to buy gems in order to finish the goals.

wardos
12-20-11, 09:19 AM
I just completed a goal and have been given the Affridgative Action goal which includes buying a snowman waiter (which costs 24 gems) or I can skip it for 10 gems! That's pretty disgusting TL. I'll skip that goal and continue with the other one - if that turns out to need gems too, I'll just have to stop playing goals and think I might stop playing the game altogether. This is the first time I've come across something in the game where you 'have' to spend gems in order to participate and play. I had connectivity issues this week and was getting fed up with all the ads popping up every time I got connection back (about 5 boxes to close before I could play!), and there are ad boxes appearing at an increasingly annoying rate. I've pretty much had enough I'm afraid!

bunny_foo
12-20-11, 09:50 AM
I'm also having problems sending out requests for goal materials. The last time I sent out a request was 9AM yesterday morning but got a message a few minutes ago that I had already made a request. I thought it was 24 hours?

I'm also finding that when I request goal materials from new neighbours (I only have 2-3 bakeries checked), after hitting the send button, I get a message saying something like 15 of your neighbours did not receive your request. I am not building any appliances so I'm only requesting goal materials.

I don't get it. It's getting really hard to know who's getting my requests.

Razor_S_Edge
12-20-11, 10:04 AM
Heck, what are these goals you speak of lol...I have all new appliances but can't use them because no goals......I pad 2

llamafarms
12-20-11, 11:51 AM
After the "fix" last night my prime rib was still at zero. :(

kooky panda
12-20-11, 11:55 AM
Heck, what are these goals you speak of lol...I have all new appliances but can't use them because no goals......I pad 2

I believe TL is still working on getting the goals in bakery to Ipad players.

beezlemip
12-20-11, 01:38 PM
Hi theree! Just went through all these posts trying to find an answer with no luck. First, let me say I love this game BUT the glitches are making me not love it so much.

Glitch 1: My drink machine and sushi counter have pictures above it making it look like I have to prepare them, but there's a timer on it. This is probably just on my screen when I view the restaurant
Glitch 2: Well, this isn't a glitch but it kind of sucks that we have to use gems to complete the goal. Cheap move, if you ask me. Is this going to be changed? I agree with others - if we are forced to buy it, I'll probably stop playing. I'd rather not play than have it hanging over my head
Glitch 3: My restaurant is constantly out of sync so when it resyncs, I lose progress

Thanks for getting the goals back in order. But please reply!

ID: Beezlemip

di1975
12-20-11, 01:39 PM
I believe TL is still working on getting the goals in bakery to Ipad players.

I think I got mine after I updated my bakery from the app store! Try that

beezlemip
12-20-11, 03:34 PM
I also forgot to mention that I seemed to have used 16 gems and have no idea how. I was saving up for stuff! :(

elena007
12-20-11, 03:40 PM
I appreciate your work on trying to get this sorted. Would it be possible to have an extension for the goal items due to the technical glitches? I will be very disappointed if I don't reach all the goals :-( would it be possible to send out more material requests per day? My other concern is that the Christmas version does not sync with the normal version and when I revert back to the normal version after the Christmas one is withdrawn all progress will be removed.
Thanks again for trying to get this sorted.

guess10
12-20-11, 04:28 PM
Help!! What stove is used for the prime ribs. I cannot find the rib anywhere.

Razor_S_Edge
12-20-11, 04:53 PM
I believe TL is still working on getting the goals in bakery to Ipad players.. I hope soon :)

kooky panda
12-20-11, 05:39 PM
Help!! What stove is used for the prime ribs. I cannot find the rib anywhere.
Prime Rib is a locked receipe that you can get after completing a goal. (on IOS) Go to stove appliance and scroll all the way to the end.

briguynv
12-20-11, 08:26 PM
Question- Are you also trying to build any appliances where you are sending out material requests to your nbrs for parts? If so, the goal requests and material requests for appliances are tied together so If you send out to all your nbrs for a part to an appliance, you will not be able to send any goal requests out for that 24 hour period.

You can also only accept a total of 20 appliance parts and/or goal items in a 24 hour period.

No, Kooky, that's what I said... I have not sent out ANY type of request at ALL... nothing at ALL! :-(

yumeiro89
12-20-11, 10:14 PM
I've requested my friends for materials, they accepted it but I did not receive it! I had 3 candy cane ovens and 3 marzipan ovens but it still says that I need to build one. The special tables for christmas in bakery story is TOO EXPENSIVE!

angeluk72
12-21-11, 04:25 AM
I am currently playing bakery and farm stories and am still trying to unlock quests. I have two points: 1) with all the delays I think the 13 January to remove items is too soon and 2) my daughter who is 9 is also actively playing both games - she earns gems but doesn't have facility to purchase gems - I am disappointed that TL are using the quests as a way to increase their income, especially in the holiday season. I have just had to spend 20 gems to purchase a holiday penguin to complete a quest - there is no way my daughter would ever get enough gems to buy this. You have enough holiday items under design that need gems - and players are buying if you visit community neighbours - that I would have thought TL shouldn't have to pressure players to spend gems to complete quests.
I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

nmishii
12-21-11, 04:37 AM
I am currently playing bakery and farm stories and am still trying to unlock quests. I have two points: 1) with all the delays I think the 13 January to remove items is too soon and 2) my daughter who is 9 is also actively playing both games - she earns gems but doesn't have facility to purchase gems - I am disappointed that TL are using the quests as a way to increase their income, especially in the holiday season. I have just had to spend 20 gems to purchase a holiday penguin to complete a quest - there is no way my daughter would ever get enough gems to buy this. You have enough holiday items under design that need gems - and players are buying if you visit community neighbours - that I would have thought TL shouldn't have to pressure players to spend gems to complete quests.
I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

I don't have quests but I do agree that TL has gone overboard in their gem items in the quests and in the 2 games recently released. But be careful, since the minimum age for playing TL games is 14. The same argument can be made for 14 year old players and others who cannot buy gems.

yunitau
12-21-11, 04:49 AM
Hello can u help me please ? I already used my storm I'd for my iPhone, and I want use my storm I'd for my iPad too, can u tell me how come , please ? Thankyu

nmishii
12-21-11, 05:10 AM
You can only play the game on one device; the Storm8 ID is tied to the device. If you want to transfer the game to your iPad see the link below. You can also have games on both devices with different Storm8 IDs.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device

c00kiepuss
12-21-11, 05:25 AM
This worked for me too on the iPad. I updated my BS last night and this AM I finally have the goals. Question: I already own 2 marzipan ovens and 2 candy cane ovens, I bought them when they came out. Now when I place them from inventory they're not counting towards my goal. Does anyone know if the game will eventually catch up and accept my ovens from inventory towards the goal or do I need to buy more ovens to count towards the goal? Thanks for your help!

12-21-11, 06:15 AM
I have two points: 1) with all the delays I think the 13 January to remove items is too soon and 2) my daughter who is 9 is also actively playing both games - she earns gems but doesn't have facility to purchase gems - I am disappointed that TL are using the quests as a way to increase their income, especially in the holiday season. I have just had to spend 20 gems to purchase a holiday penguin to complete a quest - there is no way my daughter would ever get enough gems to buy this. You have enough holiday items under design that need gems - and players are buying if you visit community neighbours - that I would have thought TL shouldn't have to pressure players to spend gems to complete quests.

That's the whole purpose of it IMHO. Pressure works...part of psychological marketing.

Take a closer look at your quests in BS, how many hot chocolates (this one is the bomb, a total of 40 two tasks combined), strawberry cheesecake, celebration cupcake, egg nog, and blah blah blah you have to make just to unlock another quest before unlocking one miserable recipe.

Question to self, why TL is making us baking all these long hour recipes in order to unlock recipe? And if I just don't have the patient, ok tab on skip that for x amount of gems because i want to move on to the next quest and that's kaching to TL.

And if I get so work up into hurrying the process by constantly checking how much time is left before I can cook another quest recipe, guess what might happen, oops I tab on the finish all recipes for x gems, and again another kaching to TL.

So if one doesn't step back and look at it with a clear head, the tendency to buy gems be it to complete quests or by accident or increase slot is very high.

My suggestion is to work on whatever that can guarantee you to earn the two gems per recipe before TL yank them away.

Instead of spending money on things that are so glitchy right now (base on the numerous posts I read in this forum that gem transactions not getting through) and with the robotic response from the support tickets you submitted, these add up to more stress and spoil your Christmas spirit. Four days to Christmas eve and I want it to be a joyous one not pressure from app games. And since when playing app has becoming like finishing a tight dateline at workplace.

Please note that I'm not targeting anyone in particular but just want to articulate my thoughts out loud. Believe me, I had almost all those fallen traps mentioned here happened to me before and some more obscure ones. I'm not mocking anyone either should you deduce that from the tone of this post. I've gone from beyond frustration to utterly speechless and now I won't shut up to say my displeasure.

It has been one heck of a roller coaster fun and grief (more of this i must admit) during the 14 months with stories and I'm just about done with it. Stay I might but definitely no more an in-app purchase user. I doubt I would be able to earn back those gems I had put out but that's ok, a good lesson for me, it helps me to be more attune to other app publishers' gimmicks.

Don't let this affect our Christmas spirit, players.

Merry Christmas

elsielicious
12-21-11, 07:24 AM
Well said!

Check 7733397's math here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21188-Utterly-Outragous-bugs-in-ingredient-request.&p=192536&viewfull=1#post192536)

kooky panda
12-21-11, 11:11 AM
This worked for me too on the iPad. I updated my BS last night and this AM I finally have the goals. Question: I already own 2 marzipan ovens and 2 candy cane ovens, I bought them when they came out. Now when I place them from inventory they're not counting towards my goal. Does anyone know if the game will eventually catch up and accept my ovens from inventory towards the goal or do I need to buy more ovens to count towards the goal? Thanks for your help!
when I completed that goal my appliances showed up checked. Some players are saying that their did not.
I suggest completing the rest of the things in that goal to see if you will automatically move on.
I actually have 6 of one appliance and 4 of the other one in storage so when I unlock the foods, I will have more than one of that appliance.
The holiday appliances are suppose to removed from the games on jan 13, so I wanted more than one, in case they make more receipes for these appliances later.
Note: if you decide to build any more appliances, remember that requesting parts and requesting goal items share the same 20 max you can receive rule, so
just use the request system for your goal requests, and try and get your parts for your appliances from your nbrs through the normal gifts.

01cookie10
12-21-11, 02:30 PM
For my next goal I need to cook gingerbread I have no option for this. Can anyone help? Or do I need to fork out gems?

kjn0119
12-21-11, 07:34 PM
When will I get the Fashion goals? It seems like everyone has them but me!

yumeiro89
12-22-11, 02:47 AM
I don't have any goals for fashion story too.
I also have the same problem as c00kiepuss and I've emailed teamlava regarding the issue last week but still no progress...

eiman1998
12-22-11, 03:34 AM
I put a curse on you and your decendants gm!!! Curssee yoou

Rachael98
12-22-11, 03:42 AM
[EDIT R98]

I hope that that wasn't serious? Because GM is just TL's face-he doesn't decide all these things.
He does an excellent job at making the Forums a good place to be, and keeping us up to date.
(Fan Club Link below;))

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

julia3032
12-22-11, 03:47 AM

That's a horrible thing to say to anyone! I hope you were just making a joke (albeit a bad one)! TL causes a lot of frustration and frankly I'm surprised they get anyone to work for them on the forums! I have a feeling that GM is walking a tightrope most days in here. I don't blame him for what TL does. He's just the messenger.

nmishii
12-22-11, 04:23 AM

You've made this statement in the last two posts you made. Please stop it.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20893-Old-Quest-System-being-removed&p=191532#post191532

RainPanda
12-22-11, 06:28 AM
No completed baking goals are being recognized on my iPad 2 for bakery. I will never get the recipe for the candy cane appliance at this rate. Buying appliances at 10,000 each with all these issues is beyond frustrating and pointless. Why should I pay 29 gems to complete a goal that I really did complete?! I built multiple ovens and the goals did not even recognize these and had to build another for the goal. I fill 30 or more requests from my neighbors everyday for goal items and I can't even get it to unlock even the first recipe that I completed. The iPad 2 versions of these games are always broken. Now i read you are pulling these goals and recipes mid January? Come ON Team Lava... You release game versions that crash endlessly and don't work? Give it a break already. Software testing anyone??

momsserenity
12-22-11, 07:12 AM
Good MorningHave question about requests. Why are requests not going thru to all the ppl I send to? I am presently working 3 farms so I know for fact they r notEven when waiting a day. I also find it very difficult to believe that outta 600 nbrs, many which I speak with daily, that 10-15 don't accept. There is a flaw in it & can't figure it out. Also don't think very fair that cannot request diff items from diff nbrs. Sometimes it let's me, most it doesn't. For those of us who r fortunate to have many nbrs should b able to benefit from us having such wonderful nbrs. Thank you & would greatly appreciate if you figure out what the problem is. Also-thank you for giving us a little time after Christmas to complete goals. Have been in a panic trying to get doneHave a beautiful day

alov
12-22-11, 08:51 AM
I still do not have any goals/tasks available to me on my Farm Story game, what can I do to resolve this problem?

alov
12-22-11, 09:00 AM
I don't know if my last post actually posted. I still do not have any goals/tasks listed for my Farm Story game. How soon will they be returning?

barleycoon
12-22-11, 09:17 AM

Please don't be so disrespectful to others, kindness will get us alot more help. If you have issues you need help with, please let us know, thank you.

barleycoon
12-22-11, 09:19 AM
I don't know if my last post actually posted. I still do not have any goals/tasks listed for my Farm Story game. How soon will they be returning?

The goals are sent out randomly to players, hopefully everyone will have them as soon as is possible. Double check for any updates showing in the app/ android markets.

pinkster73
12-22-11, 10:49 AM

Did you ever hear the phrase don't shoot the messenger?

And also have you heard of karma?

01cookie10
12-22-11, 10:50 AM
Thank you for all your help :-) can you tell me where to get the gingerbread on bakery story? Bizzarly I handed some out yesterday without making it ;-)

kooky panda
12-22-11, 12:25 PM
Thank you for all your help :-) can you tell me where to get the gingerbread on bakery story? Bizzarly I handed some out yesterday without making it ;-)
Gingerbread cake? you send as gifts, or did you send a request for a goal item?

01cookie10
12-22-11, 01:30 PM
For the goal it says serve 20 gingerbread cakes 0/20 skip for 20gems. I can't make them or send them as gifts as its not an option :-( nice picture btw

01cookie10
12-22-11, 01:34 PM
I found it :-) sorry for wasting your time.

kooky panda
12-22-11, 02:49 PM
no worries...

Plumacreas
12-29-11, 09:11 AM
I planted 15 rose and only got credit for5 so lost 10 gems

jackroc
12-29-11, 09:18 AM
what are "goals" are the in city story?

kooky panda
12-29-11, 10:52 AM
I planted 15 rose and only got credit for5 so lost 10 gems
Try restarting your device to see if you get the credit. did you harvest all 15 after your had gotten the goal, or did you harvest any early before the actual goal came up? ( I accidentally harvested my coconut tree early).
Did you plant red roses only?

If they do not show up, email support@teamlava.com and tell them what happened.

kooky panda
12-29-11, 10:53 AM
what are "goals" are the in city story?
No city Story does not have the new Quests(goals)

juiciosita
12-29-11, 10:02 PM
I'm stucked in the Enthusiasm goal. I can't serve/cook prime ribs or stuffing :( please help. Thank you.

Shamrock1963
12-30-11, 01:24 AM
Please don't be so disrespectful to others, kindness will get us alot more help. If you have issues you need help with, please let us know, thank you.

No offense intended, but in my experience, TeamLava doesn't give any help no matter how you act.

12-30-11, 05:23 AM
No offense intended, but in my experience, TeamLava doesn't give any help no matter how you act.

+1 Same sentiment here

winkysy
12-31-11, 06:07 AM
i'm pretty sure when i started playing the new year goals this morning, the clock table is 3gems each. now it's changed to 20,000 coins. i have used 5 gems to skip the goals opposed to buying 5 tables for 15 gems. now that it's changed to 20,000 coins would TL refund me my 5 gems for my RS and BS as i have plenty of coins & do not need to use my precious gems to skip them. appreciate your kind consideration for the refund. thank you in advance.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 09:25 AM
i'm pretty sure when i started playing the new year goals this morning, the clock table is 3gems each. now it's changed to 20,000 coins. i have used 5 gems to skip the goals opposed to buying 5 tables for 15 gems. now that it's changed to 20,000 coins would TL refund me my 5 gems for my RS and BS as i have plenty of coins & do not need to use my precious gems to skip them. appreciate your kind consideration for the refund. thank you in advance.

There is a good chance that TeamLava will refund these gems, if you go ahead and email their technical support team now.

keziah_may
01-02-12, 08:36 PM
Why do we have to spend gems (to buy a snowman waiter I don't want) in order to complete goals? That's just ridiculous!! I could see MAYBE up to 5 gems...but 24?! Seriously?? Everyone should be able to complete goals without spending gems/real money. For those who want to spend gems/real money, they do so anyway. Also, are the goal recipes not unlocking because I won't buy a stupid 24-gem snowman waiter?? Oh, come on!

I've been playing this for almost a year and have just about had it with the unreal expectations that TL thinks that everyone should spend real money on their games. Face it, that's just not gonna happen. If anything, tailor certain goals only to those who do spend real money, not half and half.

pinkbarbie123
01-02-12, 09:43 PM
I can tell you from experience that being nice or mean will end in the same result of TL not being fair. I am a paying customer, or I was until they took gems from me and would not reimburse me back. But, I should be grateful bc they are now saving me a bunch of money.

ChoclytThunda
01-04-12, 06:15 AM
Maybe I missed something...I never got the goals in Fashion story or Bakery. Is this an iphone vs android thing or did I do something wrong? I feel left out, and I dont want to fall behind.

ariesblu
01-04-12, 06:29 AM
Maybe I missed something...I never got the goals in Fashion story or Bakery. Is this an iphone vs android thing or did I do something wrong? I feel left out, and I dont want to fall behind.

You did not miss anything at all. Tl decided to skip giving Android users goals and focus this new feature solely on ios users. Sorry, but I believe you will continue to feel left out on new and exciting features, because this is how tl operates.

ariesblu
01-04-12, 06:33 AM

You did not miss anything at all. Tl decided to skip giving Android users goals and focus this new feature solely on ios users. Sorry, but I believe you will continue to feel left out on new and exciting features, because this is how tl operates.

stormdeb24
01-05-12, 11:28 PM
I love resturant story,but if I have to do goals ever time I finish a goal,and another pops up,I probably loose interest in this game.thats why I quit cafeworld,ever time you finished one they just kept popping up,I was hoping and praying you didn't get like cafeworld,I guess if you do I'll find another game,it's nerve racking.

queentina3
01-07-12, 11:26 AM
I had goals in CS last week but now I do not. I don't have them in BS, RS, or Empire as I'm on Android but I did have them in CS. I don't know if they are called goals/tasks/quests or whatnot as I can't remember, but I did have things that I was asked to make, build, or buy and I no longer have anything showing up.

Did TL decide to take those away for everyone in CS, or just Android players? Is it just my game, or are other Android players finding the same thing?

Again, this is just for CS and I did have them and I no longer have them, so it isn't an issue of Android users never being offered them in the first place.

mskeke97
01-07-12, 12:00 PM
I didn't have any on mine either. Lvl 23 so I uninstalled due to boredom. And now I'm playing Bakery Story on iPad and don't have goals.

kooky panda
01-07-12, 02:49 PM
I had goals in CS last week but now I do not. I don't have them in BS, RS, or Empire as I'm on Android but I did have them in CS. I don't know if they are called goals/tasks/quests or whatnot as I can't remember, but I did have things that I was asked to make, build, or buy and I no longer have anything showing up.

Did TL decide to take those away for everyone in CS, or just Android players? Is it just my game, or are other Android players finding the same thing?

Again, this is just for CS and I did have them and I no longer have them, so it isn't an issue of Android users never being offered them in the first place.

Old quest system was removed for both platforms. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20893-Old-Quest-System-being-removed&p=185939&viewfull=1#post185939

thegamequeen
01-10-12, 02:42 AM
I agree, you complete one goal and it sets of another. I have multiple goals all requiring the same appliance. There aren't enough hours in the day to complete them!

june_621
01-10-12, 10:36 AM
i thought GM says in post #1 that we will get notified one week prior to the removal? but i havent received any notification... has anybody got that??

LCAHEARTS
01-10-12, 11:02 AM
i thought GM says in post #1 that we will get notified one week prior to the removal? but i havent received any notification... has anybody got that??

No, can we really be surprised? It's far less than a week at this point. Here is a thread discussing it...

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22519-Do-you-get-annoucement-pop-up-for-removal-of-seasonal-items-in-game

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 11:10 AM
No, can we really be surprised? It's far less than a week at this point. Here is a thread discussing it...

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22519-Do-you-get-annoucement-pop-up-for-removal-of-seasonal-items-in-game

Maybe they are extending it. In that case no notice would be given, no? Let's hope!

LCAHEARTS
01-10-12, 11:13 AM
Maybe they are extending it. In that case no notice would be given, no? Let's hope!

Yeah and that would be excellent. Especially so that those of us who have been working to master things on time can breathe a little. But there is no further communication from TL.

june_621
01-10-12, 06:57 PM

thx for directing me there, hvnt noticed that thread :)

cindystalcup
01-11-12, 12:21 PM
how do i get rid of the petshop icon on my restaurant?