PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: to allow players to make more money

bearbear77
12-19-11, 09:40 AM
To all the TL staff: clearly you've heard players complain that it takes WAY too long to make money compared to about 8 months ago, when you guys slowed down the food consumption rate. I understand this was likely done in response to early players' complaints that they couldn't stock their counters fast enough and had to keep closing their doors, but the result of this fix (what we have now) is much than the problem. Especially when we want to either master limited-time recipes (a la Halloween, and now Christmas seasons), or complete game specific goals that require us to make large volumes of any given item.

Ideally, we want you to speed up the game's food consumption rate to what it previously was. This would allow players to make money faster (which is necessary, considering the rising cost of everything new the devs insert) and get those high volume items off the counters (I still have 295 000 candy cane macaroons left, and I stopped making them the instant I mastered that recipe). Honestly, better to have empty counters, lower hearts and more money than less money and counters we can't clear.

BUT, I have an additional suggestion. Although I think you really should speed up the rate as above, how about this idea: instead of giving the player the option to just clear a counter of its food, why not change it to letting the player immediately sell the remaining items (like say, to a fictional neighbouring bakery) and reimbursing the player with 50% of whatever food you're clearing is normally worth if you let it sell through your bakery. This gives us a chance to clear our counters and make SOME money doing it, but at only 50% the profit motive for people to make huge amounts and then sell it off immediately would be diminished.

Come on, TL. No more new recipes, items, specials. Just please FIX the existing bugs, and this long-lasting problem of not being able to get our food off the counters fast enough.

sunnyDreams
12-19-11, 09:51 AM
I think you have a good idea. I have thrown away a lot of food to make room for new recipes. The only thing you said that I don't agree with is "no more new recipes". I like the new recipes it keeps the game from getting boring.

bearbear77
12-19-11, 02:34 PM
I think you have a good idea. I have thrown away a lot of food to make room for new recipes. The only thing you said that I don't agree with is "no more new recipes". I like the new recipes it keeps the game from getting boring.
Thanks for the feedback!
I only suggested "no new items" as a method of priority: better they fix and address all the existing issues before adding anything new. Of course I want them to continue making new recipes and decorations down the road.

MyLissyDoll
12-19-11, 02:53 PM
Yeah, faster food consumption rate would be cool! I'm trying to expand but getting to 3 million coins is taking so very long. And right after that will be 4 million, then 5 and so on x.x I'd love for it to speed up so I can better determine what gem items I want to decorate.