PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cows goal

Tzgaine
12-18-11, 12:00 PM
This goal requires you to "have" 10 cows. I currently have more than 50 cows but the goal progress card says that I have 0/10. Am I going to have to inventory 10 cows just to buy 10 more? I'm sure that if I try selling them I won't get anything close to the 800 coins it costs to buy them. Nor do I have room on my farm for more animals.

sourlicorice2
12-18-11, 04:29 PM
At least its not the one where they want u to buy 2 large candy canes for 5 gems. I have it but I'm 2 gems away from being able to get the penguin. And this goal is only for a pig which looks like the regular pig only they stuck a Santa hat on its head and a scarf. I am now stuck on this goal as I refuse to complete it for gems :-(

As for the cows it's a pain yes but at least I can complete it for coin. if u just started playing the game than it may be a bit much.

mushroom79
12-18-11, 08:59 PM
This goal requires you to "have" 10 cows. I currently have more than 50 cows but the goal progress card says that I have 0/10. Am I going to have to inventory 10 cows just to buy 10 more? I'm sure that if I try selling them I won't get anything close to the 800 coins it costs to buy them. Nor do I have room on my farm for more animals.

I am not sure if this works, but you could post messages on your nbrs wall and ask them to send you a cow as gift?

jj486
12-18-11, 10:34 PM
I think u need to 'BUY" them. there are buy botton next to it. it does not count how many u had. it counts how many u need to buy through the goal.

pinkster73
12-18-11, 11:03 PM
I read on another thread (of course I can't remember which one), that you must BUY ten more cows.

Ps you get 160 coins when you sell a cow

cakeandpie
12-19-11, 12:30 AM
Yes, you have to BUY the cows. It shouldn't say "have," as that is not accurate. We'd all love if TL would count the things we already own towards these goals, but they never do.

mushroom79
12-21-11, 09:27 AM
gifts from nbrs work too. Tried on the chickens. Just post on their walls that you would like chickens or cows as gifts (if you do not require parts for building constructibles)

kooky panda
12-21-11, 10:46 AM
gifts from nbrs work too. Tried on the chickens. Just post on their walls that you would like chickens or cows as gifts (if you do not require parts for building constructibles)

I got my chickens automatically checked off, because I had some in storage, I did not buy any new ones or get any new ones as gifts.

mushroom79
12-21-11, 08:21 PM
Pls do not sell the chickens even after you complete the quest. Just store them. What happen to me was I sold the 6 chickens after I was awarded the snow pine and then got the new goal. After I planted the pines and bought new ones and exit the game, when I came back, all pines were gone and it was goal-locked again. The old goal came back and the chickens reset to 0/6 and I had to buy everything and store them again in order to re-unlock the snow pine.

hectorloch
12-22-11, 02:06 AM
Pls do not sell the chickens even after you complete the quest. Just store them. What happen to me was I sold the 6 chickens after I was awarded the snow pine and then got the new goal. After I planted the pines and bought new ones and exit the game, when I came back, all pines were gone and it was goal-locked again. The old goal came back and the chickens reset to 0/6 and I had to buy everything and store them again in order to re-unlock the snow pine.

That's amazing ! Even after the Goal was finished ? Did it cancel the Goal you moved on to as well ? Must have, I suppose.

When you get to the bit where you're forced to sell your 15 gem roses, that doesn't happen. Different obviously - although someone must have altered the program for that. So, TL knew that would happen but let it run. Not cricket at all, some might say.