PDA

View Full Version : New Goals are too hard to Complete

NanC24
12-18-11, 03:03 AM
I like what they have done to RS for the Holidays. What I don't like though are the new goals. They are too hard to reach I mean, cook 20 prime ribs, they take an entire day. Later, no matter what u have to spend gems, either u buy the snowman for 24 gems or skip for 10, really? What about those of us that do not want to spend actual money? TeamLava I know u are better than this, plz make this easier. Thx.

anmu11
12-18-11, 04:22 AM
I served 6 prime rib and in the goal it still says I served zero. :-(

kyora
12-18-11, 04:27 AM
I would beg to differ as the recipe maybe limited to the festive season and may be removed after a period of time. So you should cook it at your own pace to earn the exp and gems since mastering the recipe yield 2 gems. So just cook it at your own pace

NanC24
12-18-11, 12:09 PM
@anmu11 I think that is a bug or something. Because I sent my friends the request for chicken and meat about two days ago and I just received them this morning. They usually don't take that long to arrive.

@kyora true, thx for the advice.

diverDestiny
12-19-11, 03:57 PM
Get rid of the goals and quests. I hate them. Too time consuming. This is supposed to be fun, not frustrating.

ultrafrog
12-19-11, 04:27 PM
The materials request system is shoddily designed as well.

There is no way to tell who actually is responding to your materials request unless you ask each player directly.

For the quests, any overage in material goes to waste and if you don't gather enough material to progress one day, you have to wait another day to send out another round of requests.

It's not the most simple task to determine how many neighbors to request materials from to try to complete the goals especially with deadline for their removal looming. At least im at max appliances and 96, I can see lower level players having an even harder time with this.

nmishii
12-19-11, 04:33 PM
I am on an Android device. At first I couldn't respond to material requests and force closed when one was sent. That was fixed, then I started getting many material requests for holiday items I don't have. I accepted each one. Since Sunday, I have not received requests for holiday items, only parts for constructables. I can't remember Saturday that much, kind of busy and play was more mechanical, but its possible I didn't receive them on Saturday either. That may have contributed to the difficulties in completing goals before the maintenance today.

pastrychef17
12-19-11, 05:50 PM
I am on an Android device. At first I couldn't respond to material requests and force closed when one was sent. That was fixed, then I started getting many material requests for holiday items I don't have. I accepted each one. Since Sunday, I have not received requests for holiday items, only parts for constructables. I can't remember Saturday that much, kind of busy and play was more mechanical, but its possible I didn't receive them on Saturday either. That may have contributed to the difficulties in completing goals before the maintenance today.

Actually the maintenance today made things worse since it reset the goals back to the beginning. I'm waiting for them to fix that before I do anything. Right now I'm serving food as they complete then putting on 16-hour recipes in case they take the system down again and I can't get back in right away. They really need to call it something rather than "maintenance". I don't think it's maintaining when it makes things worse than before the "maintenance", lol.

DaojinWildfire
12-20-11, 06:50 PM
Actually the maintenance today made things worse since it reset the goals back to the beginning. I'm waiting for them to fix that before I do anything. Right now I'm serving food as they complete then putting on 16-hour recipes in case they take the system down again and I can't get back in right away. They really need to call it something rather than "maintenance". I don't think it's maintaining when it makes things worse than before the "maintenance", lol.

They'll be back eventually. Pay no attention to how it looks (i.e. that you're at the beginning). They'll be back soon... at least, that's the info I have currently.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

NanC24
12-21-11, 06:32 PM
@ultrafrog yeah I know what u mean. Waiting an entire day to request again (in case u didn't receive what u requested) thing sucks. I wish u were able to know like u said.

@nmishi yeah I know, android users have more of a difficult time on everything including regular stuff

@pastrychef17 I found the same problem at first but a few minutes later I checked back and my goals were updated to where they needed to be

pastrychef17
12-21-11, 07:33 PM
@pastrychef17 I found the same problem at first but a few minutes later I checked back and my goals were updated to where they needed to be

Thanks - the day after I posted, my goals came back and I finished them as far as I could go without spending gems. I'm done with the goals in RS now. Still working on the ones in Bakery but it's slow going with the ingredients request bug.

sweetsucess
12-21-11, 09:29 PM
Once I hit the buy the snowman for 24 or skip for 10, I quit working on that goal. I will not pay actual money to purchase a decoration that I do not want. So I guess I just won't be able to master that recipe.

itsallme
12-22-11, 12:07 AM
Get rid of the goals and quests. I hate them. Too time consuming. This is supposed to be fun, not frustrating.

I feel the same the fun is removed from the game..u feel that I have to get these quest completed before they disappear! Very time consuming for sure!!

julia3032
12-22-11, 12:25 AM
TL always says that the games are free to play. They are not free to play if you have to use gems to progress in the game. This is not a case of wanting to decorate, or get something that is in a case, or the other things you would want gems for. This directly affects your progress in the game. There should not be a gem requirement. Also, it's horrible that after serving 20 Hot Chocolates or Apple Ciders, the very next goal you have to serve 30 or 40 of them. It's too much, especially at this time of year.

sophiacml
12-22-11, 01:15 AM
Questions, this goal thing is a seasonal thing, right? In the end, too many of us stress ourselves out to achieve the goal in order to master everything we can playing games is to destress our stift senses. it seems the other way round now.

starstar2
12-22-11, 01:57 AM
Questions, this goal thing is a seasonal thing, right? In the end, too many of us stress ourselves out to achieve the goal in order to master everything we can playing games is to destress our stift senses. it seems the other way round now.

Ya. End of the day, RS is just a game.
U have to take it with a pinch of salt.
I do enjoy the game and every week update by TL is a great bonus.

j2388
12-22-11, 07:26 AM
its so frustrating, the items they want you to cook take 16 hrs to a day... I am done with RS goals, I will not spend 24 gems I do not even have on a santa waiter I do NOT WANT, and BS, now they want 30 hot chocolates!? I already did a Hot Chocolate goal this is getting ridiculous, they should just give us the recipes or make the goals easier and less time consuming!

sophiacml
12-22-11, 07:18 PM
I agree at some point it shouldn't be time consuming when we need to master everything in short period. To achieve goal for unlocking/master task. I assume TL wants players to buy more gems in order to master everything quicker than usual. If you have on 18 slots to master everything that takes 2 months for instance, buy a few more slot with gems that you can achieve in 3 days. That's the whole point.
its so frustrating, the items they want you to cook take 16 hrs to a day... I am done with RS goals, I will not spend 24 gems I do not even have on a santa waiter I do NOT WANT, and BS, now they want 30 hot chocolates!? I already did a Hot Chocolate goal this is getting ridiculous, they should just give us the recipes or make the goals easier and less time consuming!

gamergl
12-22-11, 09:00 PM
I just got to the quest where you have to buy the snowman and I won't spend the money/gems. Especially on this release. I will not pay money on a release that has been so buggy anyway. I won't be finishing that goal either.

diverDestiny
12-24-11, 12:47 PM
I am not up to that point but when I do get there, I guess I will stop. I won't buy a snowman for gems either. Sad.

badger8
12-24-11, 05:13 PM
I actually look at it this way...I spent 10 gems to bypass each of the 2 gem requirements. I did finish both quests, and at the end, you get a pretty nice fireplace and a cute cuckoo clock.
I just figure I spent 20 gems on the 2 items- which really isn't too bad considering the way TL has jacked up the prices... And I had a little fun in the process.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

joyous16
12-24-11, 07:37 PM
It does annoy me that we need gems to complete these goals. With all the gem traps, I've lost many. But, what's even more maddening is that I can't even buy gems! I've been contacting TL support for weeks and nothing has been fixed. My game doesn't even have the option to buy gems. And with all of these bugs, I'm too angry to want to buy them any more.

duckieduckduck
12-25-11, 03:26 AM
I just hope TL give us more time,

For us low level user, it's really time consuming, we dont have plenty drink machine to make those apple cider & cola,
plus all the material request,
I'm afraid i cant finish the goal on Jan 13.

julia3032
12-25-11, 04:33 AM
It does annoy me that we need gems to complete these goals. With all the gem traps, I've lost many. But, what's even more maddening is that I can't even buy gems! I've been contacting TL support for weeks and nothing has been fixed. My game doesn't even have the option to buy gems. And with all of these bugs, I'm too angry to want to buy them any more.

I had the same problem...I ended up having to reset my iPhone as a "new phone". This is an ITunes problem, not a TL one, for once. Not that I excuse them, since their transgressions against us are legion! But maybe you should be happy...that way you don't end up rewarding their bad behavior as most of us do.

zoroak
12-25-11, 05:24 AM
By all means put in goals that will take a long time to complete but NOT time limited or festive items/recipes a week or two (esp with bugs and glitches) before say Christmas. Most of my other non TL games have complete Christmas updates first few days of Dec! I 'm a lvl 96 RS player and only just got the festive fireplace today, I can imagine this is frustrating for the lower level players! My snow globe on Farm story will only be obtained tomorrow, i need to wait to harvest 30 coconut trees that take 36 hours! That having said I do love the Fashion story goals BUT they were taken off for awhile and again whilst waiting for nbrs to accept req, will get my festive time limited item tomorrow AFTER Christmas!

mushroom79
12-25-11, 07:45 AM
I just hope TL give us more time,

For us low level user, it's really time consuming, we dont have plenty drink machine to make those apple cider & cola,
plus all the material request,
I'm afraid i cant finish the goal on Jan 13.

When you have a drink task, bring out all the drink machines and store all the ovens and stuff....that way, you could have more machines outside. I notice you have grills etc in your restaurant. Store those so that you could have more space for drink machines. I added you as a nbr so I could send you parts as gifts and also, you could also request parts from me. That would be about 4 parts a day from me and hopefully you could complete more drink machines to dish out all the apple cider and cola. Cheers and remember to send me request for the parts that you need and leave a message on my wall for what part you need.

mushroom79
12-25-11, 07:46 AM
*oops edit: 2 parts, not 4...sorry about that.

mushroom79
12-25-11, 07:47 AM
and duckie, go to the restaurant story add me thread and check for nbrs who gift daily as such, add them and with the help of people who play daily, you can get 2 parts from each nbrs each day.

27Redd
12-27-11, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know what the reward is at the end of the new restaurant goals? I know in the Bakery it's the gingerbread sleigh but I can't find anything on the restaurant. :)

27Redd
12-27-11, 11:48 PM
Wait, I think I missed it above sorry. :( Is it the festive fireplace? Does anyone have a picture?