PDA

View Full Version : Border Collie

canacanacana
12-17-11, 12:37 AM
Can someone who has unlocked the border collie please post how much it costs? I'm only level 15 and am dying to know if it's still 149 gems or if it was changed since TL updated the game. Fingers and paws crossed that it's no longer that crazy price. Thanks!

barleycoon
12-17-11, 01:22 AM
Sorry, still showing at 149 gems each Border Collie.

canacanacana
12-17-11, 01:34 AM
Thanks for info barleycoon : ) I won't rush through the levels now. I don't get that huge hike in price for my coveted dog. Still hoping its a typo and is actually 14 or 19 or even 49! ...and will be fixed someday. Oh well at least I have my real border collie!

dalula
12-18-11, 12:17 PM
At first I thought it was a typo too...guess not lol

sunnyDreams
12-18-11, 12:28 PM
Thanks for info barleycoon : ) I won't rush through the levels now. I don't get that huge hike in price for my coveted dog. Still hoping its a typo and is actually 14 or 19 or even 49! ...and will be fixed someday. Oh well at least I have my real border collie!

I'm glad you have the real one. I had one for 15 years. I still miss her.

canacanacana
12-18-11, 02:19 PM
I'm glad you have the real one. I had one for 15 years. I still miss her.

Mine is 14 now. She's the most amazing dog. I completely understand how you'd miss yours. There will be no replacement for my current border, but I know I can't live without a border collie in the household! Hopefully she has a few years left- I'm not ready for another puppy right now. We added a Newfoundland last year (just turned a yr last month) and she's been a bit of a handful lol. Definitely not a sheepdog- much more stubborn as a pup haha. The Newfie is still awesome though. Hold on to your BC memories- they last forever at least : )

Rachael98
12-18-11, 02:26 PM
I remember.....

Anyway, I wish it wasn't that much; I'll have to win either some Forum Contests or the lottery (considering that the Forum Contests are based on s****, I probably have a better chance at 1:14000000:p).

canacanacana
12-18-11, 02:32 PM
I hear ya Rachael! It seems like really bad luck to me that it's the only animal that's like $30. Plus I missed the BC in farm by a week because I didn't start playing til then. And of course it was one of the few items they didn't bring back in the thanksgiving day sale. I feel fairly cursed lol.

PattyZhangp
12-26-11, 02:24 PM
If the border collie's in "Featured", than eventually it must be worth coins. Maybe level 20???

PattyZhangp
12-30-11, 08:08 PM
Yes! The Border Collie is now unlocked for Level 20, and you can buy it for coins! :D

MiniLaura
12-31-11, 06:36 AM
If the border collie's in "Featured", than eventually it must be worth coins. Maybe level 20???

??? Really? Are you positive? I thought the featured menu was just the place where new items were listed.

Yes! The Border Collie is now unlocked for Level 20, and you can buy it for coins! :D

I unlocked it two days ago and it is still a gem item for me. I've even done all the usual things (force quit, delete, reinstall, restart device) and the only thing that changed was the order of the items in my store.

kooky panda
12-31-11, 09:36 AM
My border collie is still showing for 149 gems

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 12:48 PM

Not for me, it's still 149 gems - what price are you seeing?

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 12:49 PM

There's never been anything about the "Featured" tab that say gem/cc items will someday be coins, it's where they display the new items from weekly updates and stuff.

lupi123
12-31-11, 06:26 PM
I just got to leavel 20 and the Border Collie unlocked. It still costs 149 gems to buy it

iusedtobedigusr
12-31-11, 06:35 PM
Yeah, not cool by TL to have you work hard to Level up and unlock Items to only find they cost Gems. Not only Gems, but a ludicrous amount of Gems. Then to add insult to injury make it part of a collection so can't unlock that collection if don't spend $$$.

dalula
12-31-11, 07:00 PM
the price for the border collie is just ridiculous, i thought it was a typo, but obviously its not. :(

lupi123
12-31-11, 07:00 PM
Yeah, not cool by TL to have you work hard to Level up and unlock Items to only find they cost Gems. Not only Gems, but a ludicrous amount of Gems. Then to add insult to injury make it part of a collection so can't unlock that collection if don't spend $$$.

I realized that it will cost a fortune to get an iguana... and I am sure you will need the iguana to cross breed something else.
Right now there is no way to make a bullfrog other then buying a Border Collie for 149 gems and then buying a mate for another 149 gems, then breeding them twice (I am not sure how much it costs to breed the Border collie gems? coins? how many/much?) in oder to complete the the collection and get the tree frog.

I am on level 20 and it things do not change I will have to quit the game because I cannot afford it. I do not mind paying a one time fee of 2.99 for a game on the app store that I can play until I reach the highest level or get bored by it. Or $50 for new PS3 game that I can play forever online with friends and if I get bored I can spend another $15 for a new map so I can "upgrade" the game. I have bought all the animals I can for coins and some with the gems I was able to get through tasks. I only have a few family to complete (some will take forever since one box turtle baby takes 7 days). But after that I will be done. I cannot afford over $50 just to have a family of dogs so I can unlock another virtual pet and then probably have to spend another 20 dollars to get the family of bullfrogs so I can get the iguana. IMakes me sad because I really love this game :(

iusedtobedigusr
12-31-11, 08:15 PM
I realized that it will cost a fortune to get an iguana... and I am sure you will need the iguana to cross breed something else.
Right now there is no way to make a bullfrog other then buying a Border Collie for 149 gems and then buying a mate for another 149 gems, then breeding them twice (I am not sure how much it costs to breed the Border collie gems? coins? how many/much?) in oder to complete the the collection and get the tree frog.

I am on level 20 and it things do not change I will have to quit the game because I cannot afford it. I do not mind paying a one time fee of 2.99 for a game on the app store that I can play until I reach the highest level or get bored by it. Or $50 for new PS3 game that I can play forever online with friends and if I get bored I can spend another $15 for a new map so I can "upgrade" the game. I have bought all the animals I can for coins and some with the gems I was able to get through tasks. I only have a few family to complete (some will take forever since one box turtle baby takes 7 days). But after that I will be done. I cannot afford over $50 just to have a family of dogs so I can unlock another virtual pet and then probably have to spend another 20 dollars to get the family of bullfrogs so I can get the iguana. IMakes me sad because I really love this game :(

Here is what I thought on how to get 1 Bullfrog, I won't swear on it since I will never buy gems to put TL employee's in Mansions as I fight to get disability.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22112-Bullfrog

Now if you noticed on the goal to unlock the Iguana, It has three steps to unlock goal. The breed a Bullfrog and you will need 2 adults to breed a baby Bullfrog is just step one of accomplishing goal. God only knows what parts 2 and 3 entail or how many gems may be needed to accomplish.

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 08:39 PM
Based on other gem pets, it would cost a total of 596 gems to complete a border collie family. That's 149 gems x 4 because all other gem pets require the same amount of gems to breed each baby.

Since some people have obviously already paid up that money - look at how many have tree frogs - TL is unlikely to reduce the price because they've figured out some people will pay it.

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 08:40 PM
It would be cheaper to skip the steps, most likely.

PattyZhangp
12-31-11, 08:51 PM
Yeah, the border collie's still 149 gems. Sorry about that. A friend told me about it and I thought for sure the collie would be worth coins at level 20. The cost of the collie (not to mention extra nursery beds) is outrageous.

dalula
12-31-11, 11:07 PM
Yeah, the border collie's still 149 gems. Sorry about that. A friend told me about it and I thought for sure the collie would be worth coins at level 20. The cost of the collie (not to mention extra nursery beds) is outrageous.

i think they got it from tap zoo, i remember those slots were outrageous too. :( and they gave us only ONE :( star (equivalent to gems) to start with, so unfair, and the prices are extremely ridiculous (even more ridiculous than TL i remember, thats hard to believe!)

bellasscooby
01-02-12, 12:42 PM
My store is still showing 149 gems and no update in the store!

leachick1
01-02-12, 05:58 PM
149 gems for a pixilated dog Team Lava Are you Drunk??

Some reward for getting to the last current level!

Halibel
01-02-12, 06:19 PM
149 gems for a pixilated dog Team Lava Are you Drunk?? Some reward for getting to the last current level!

149 Gems for one "pixilated dog" 298 for a mate and probably another 75 or 150 for two small babies.