PDA

View Full Version : Goals have to be done a second time?

DAmanding
12-16-11, 11:36 AM
I am one of the lucky people that does have the goal quest system at least sort of working. I started making all the hot chocolate right away and its taken me several days to work through all the goals requiring gift requests (competing with a ton of parts requests to build these machines). So now that I have the gifts sent to me that I needed and machines built it wants me to make the hot chocolates again! I already made a bunch of hot chocolates and completed that goal. Why do I have to redo it? Do they expire if I don't get all the goals met quickly enough? After I spend the several days it is going to take to make 30 hot chocolates at 16 hours each am I going to find that all the gifts I received have then expired and I have to collect those all over again?

This totally sucks...especially having to make THIRTY of an item I previously mastered when I've already got over half a million food items I'm trying to get rid of in my shop. I actually took all my ovens/drink makers out weeks ago to try and get rid of some food and clear up counter space to master different recipes. Now I have to make tens of thousands of food I don't want that wont earn me any gems. Just to earn 1,200 coins, 120 stars and MAYBE get to finally unlock a recipe. Though the first time I met all the listed goals it just gave me a new list instead of unlocking anything.

I usually keep my neighbor list in the 25-40 area because I tip everyone every day so I only keep people that return that favor. I've actually started taking new neighbors just to catch up with all the gifting required. So once I get through all this I'll have to then cut all the neighbor dead weight. AGAIN.

For those of you who don't have the goals system yet...you're not missing anything good!

Christmas Bakery Story 1.4; iphone 4s; ios 5.0.1

pastrychef17
12-16-11, 12:08 PM
I didn't like the goal to make hot chocolate a second time. If they were going to repeat a recipe, they could at least have done one that earns higher coins like cappucino or one of the newer ones that people might not have mastered yet or one that is a shorter time frame. I cleared my counter of hot chocolate once I met the goal. I have way too much food as it is and don't need the ones I had already mastered long ago. On the ingredient gifts for the goal, I don't believe they expire. They just take forever to collect as there seems to be some kind of lag when your neighbors receive them and/or they count against the 20-gift limit a day like parts do.

marrrina
12-17-11, 04:47 AM
I feel ya... And the unfortunate thing is, when you finally unlock a recipe, you still need to devote so much time and effort to unlocking the next one that you don't even get to work on the one you just got. It also doesn't help that yesterday 2 new unlocked recipes were added to the game. I'm afraid all of these recipes will expire before I get to make anything :(

pastrychef17
12-17-11, 09:53 AM
I liked how they did it in Restaurant better where for one of the goals, you had to make the new recipe (prime rib). The ones in Bakery are all for recipes I've already mastered.

mjoutz
12-19-11, 10:44 AM
Since yesterday almost everytime I resume playing, the game resets all my progress on the goals. I actually finished one goal by getting the last of four eggs and was given the next goal only to see that disappear the next time I logged on and it says I still need an egg. I have spent $50,000 twice and completed all the mochas twice and started on a third time for another goal, but now it says that I haven't done anything toward this goal although all the mochas are on my counters.

This is in addition to having the request system screwed up so I haven't been able to request materials and ingredients from only some of my neighbors.

It is really frustrating to see the dialog box come up for the tenth time telling me that I have completed the gingerbread goal and can now access the next. And, don't know why but twice I have had a huge number of gingerbread cake servings show up under my gifts.

What is going on? I am on an itouch.

kooky panda
12-19-11, 12:03 PM
I did report this issue . Here is the current thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21300-Lost-my-cupcake-progress

515ca
12-19-11, 11:21 PM
I still dont get any goal yet in my bakery. How long should i wait for it? Im curious about it

barleycoon
12-20-11, 12:24 AM
Please see this thread for a response from TL and more information, http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21362-Goal-Issues