PDA

View Full Version : Pets Cost Too Much

Halibel
12-15-11, 05:17 PM
I don't quite agree with the prices TeamLava have put in, I just really can't accept the fact that 80% of the pets cost $4.99 or more.

Why would an extra nursery cost 149 Gems?! Thats like $30.00!

And the Border Collie is worth 149 Gems?! What is it? A near extinct dog?

And when you feed your pets, where does this magical food come from? From a magical bottomless pit of pet food?

musclemommy
12-15-11, 07:12 PM
I agree. I just started to play and was quite surprised at their prices and gems required

driftboutique
12-15-11, 08:31 PM
I don't quite agree with the prices TeamLava have put in, I just really can't accept the fact that 80% of the pets cost $4.99 or more.

And when you feed your pets, where does this magical food come from? From a magical bottomless pit of pet food?

Shush, you'll give them ideas about charging us for food!

I noticed that the poodle and the great dane just got changed to coins. I'm pretty sure they cost gems before. Can anyone confirm? Also, I already bought all of the cats, because I have poor impulse control -- did any of those get changed to coins?

ilovecooper14
12-15-11, 08:59 PM

I noticed that the poodle and the great dane just got changed to coins. I'm pretty sure they cost gems before. Can anyone confirm? Also, I already bought all of the cats, because I have poor impulse control -- did any of those get changed to coins?
The poodle and great Dane were gems.
I know because I bought the poodle for 27(?) gems. I want those gems back because now they're 200 coins. WTH.:mad:

Halibel
12-17-11, 12:26 AM
I know because I bought the poodle for 27(?) gems. I want those gems back because now they're 200 coins. WTH.:mad:

Its 100 gold now, but you have to "build" the dog first.

yo3ana
12-19-11, 04:16 AM
Border collie is one of the pets that I'll forget about buying 139 gemsis way over priced !!!! I can get many other pets with 139 gems... Like five to ten pets instead one dog. I mean it doesn't even got anything special in it... So why over priced ??

LCAHEARTS
12-19-11, 04:31 PM

The Border Collie is an amazing dog...but this is a game, so I agree. Totally ridiculous. I kinda have to agree with food too. We're able to buy food bags or whatever....that should be how we feed our pets also. It's not that expensive anyways.

But yes, the gem prices are unreal. I can't even stand it. ESPECIALLY the breeding/nursery extras.

JuniperFruit
12-19-11, 05:32 PM
I could maybe understand the high pet prices, but why on earth should it cost more gems to breed babies once you already paid gems for the parents? That does not seem logical to me and if I knew that I only had to pay gems for the parents then I would be much more willing to spend my money on this game knowing I could complete families.

143Blue
12-19-11, 06:52 PM
Border collie is one of the pets that I'll forget about buying 139 gemsis way over priced !!!! I can get many other pets with 139 gems... Like five to ten pets instead one dog. I mean it doesn't even got anything special in it... So why over priced ??

plus if u get the pet ull probably have to pay another 139 gems for its mate! i bought the maltese an now they want another 18 gems for its mate so like is the babies 18 gems too?!?

JuniperFruit
12-19-11, 07:59 PM
plus if u get the pet ull probably have to pay another 139 gems for its mate! i bought the maltese an now they want another 18 gems for its mate so like is the babies 18 gems too?!?

Yes, I'd assume so. I bought the Persian and his mate was the same and it costs the same for a baby too.

Hyukfied
12-20-11, 09:39 AM
Yes, I'd assume so. I bought the Persian and his mate was the same and it costs the same for a baby too.

i think it depends on how expensive you bought the pet with gems for. I bought a pomeranian and its mate for 26 gem each while their baby cost like13 gems.

sourlicorice2
12-20-11, 11:04 AM

That's even worse than changing a coin item to gems. TL should refund u your gems though u know they won't. I'd be p####d off to if that happened to me.

sourlicorice2
12-20-11, 11:05 AM
Well this will be one game I'll not be buying gems in.

dalula
12-20-11, 05:22 PM

er... i thought the beagle was 149 gems. o-o

mushroom79
12-20-11, 09:38 PM
yes and suddenly the persian cat is locked until a higher level?! I bought it when I first started playing the game....as for food, I DO NOT WANT to pay extra coins to feed the pets so pls stay that way. I would really be quite horrified if suddenly it cost gems to feed certain pets!

yumeiro89
12-20-11, 10:17 PM
Agree! We also need to buy lots of pets which caused a lot of gems which are expensive! I'm not able to earn gems in the game as well. I've stopped playing zoo story 1,2 and pet shop.

care1187
12-22-11, 01:17 AM
omg agreed! so ridiculous! 149 gems? ha! yeah right!

omgannmarie
12-24-11, 10:03 AM
I agree with all of you. I always found the 2 gem tile prices in the other games outrageous but this is absolutely insane! 149 gems for another nursery spot?! No thank you. I've bought gems with the other games and the fact that there are ways to actually EARN gems makes the pricing reasonable but there is absolutely NO way I'm buying gems w/ pss.

FlameyHawk
12-24-11, 10:06 AM
I think the prices will be updated so they fit in with everything else.
You guys have to remember that this game was just released so they had to start somewhere and see how the community would react.
We will have to see what the next update brings us.

snubbly
12-24-11, 09:27 PM

What a rip off! So if I want to buy an animal which costs gems, times those gems by 4 to complete it before upgrading. Bloody hell!!

cupcakes4cece
12-25-11, 03:55 AM
The border collie (149 gems... $30) is not only ridiculously expensive (seriously, this is a barely animated digital graphic!), but is also part of a collection you must complete to get another animal. That animal in turn is one you need to breed another animal. So, you would have to spend around $120 for the complete family.

My mind refuses to wrap around the concept of spending $120 on a tiny digital image. I just ordered a gift for my sister for $180. You know what I got for her? A 4th gen iPod Touch.

I don't understand people being willing to drop this kind of money on what amounts to nothing but useless pixels on your screen. You don't even own them. Tomorrow all the games could be removed, and you would have zero legal recourse for your lost border collies that cost you $120.

PattyZhangp
12-25-11, 07:28 PM

I think do, because the golden retriever used to cost gems. Maybe they cost coins instead of gems the higher the level you go?

DominaRed
12-29-11, 03:11 AM
It's not just the pets that cost so many gems that's a problem for me: it's that there are only 4 collections in PS that you can complete so far, and for 2 of those collections you HAVE to purchase gem animals. Heck the one collection that you have to buy the border collie to complete... as some have said, that's about $120 right there....BUT you also have to buy a Bengal for gems and crossbreed a toyger, for which one of the animals costs gems. So, just to complete that collection to get the tree frog (which is necessary to complete one of the goal items, to breed a bullfrog), you're looking more at probably $150 or so. For the other collection, you need to breed a family of French Bulldogs, which also cost gems. It is up to each player to decide whether or not to spend money on gems to play, and that's totally fine, and people can ignore goal items that end up costing gems as well. I just don't understand making such a fundamental part of the game as completing half of the available collections cost so much money. *shakes head*

sourlicorice2
12-29-11, 10:53 AM
The prices are crazy. I'll never spend real money on this game for 2 reasons. Main reason being the prices r too outragous the second is the level 20 cap.

DominaRed
12-29-11, 01:38 PM
I think they'll eventually raise the level 20 cap, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens with that. It's the glitches that I get constantly that's keeping me from buying gems, namely the "server out of synch" errors that pop up every day, multiple times a day. When that happens you do tend to lose stuff you've bought, and things you do in the game get messed up. For the first few weeks of the game, every time I connected to it it also said that I didn't have an internet connection, and the game force closes on me all the time.

LCAHEARTS
12-29-11, 10:34 PM
I think they'll eventually raise the level 20 cap, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens with that. It's the glitches that I get constantly that's keeping me from buying gems, namely the "server out of synch" errors that pop up every day, multiple times a day. When that happens you do tend to lose stuff you've bought, and things you do in the game get messed up. For the first few weeks of the game, every time I connected to it it also said that I didn't have an internet connection, and the game force closes on me all the time.

If your OUT OF SYNC issue happens when you "collect" from a pet...try moving their square, collecting, and then putting it back where you had it. I had that error for like a week and figured TL would fix it last Friday [update day]...but alas, I just "moved" it and that solved it.

carriezoo
12-30-11, 08:26 AM
I think most of the players here love team lava games. I am playing BS, RS, FS for several months & just installed pet shop story for severals days. When compared to the other games, pet shop story really ask for too much gems. I think most of us don't mind spending some money when we are attracted by something we really want to have it in our shop/store. But how can you set such a high level of gems for just 1 dog? It's not a reasonable price. Also many things require us to pay gems. The result is that many stores look similar & the game become boring now. The dogs pictures are so cute. I love dog & have one. I really want to play this game. I think TL should make a great improvement in this game. Pls be more reasonable when asking for GEMS!

PattyZhangp
12-30-11, 09:28 PM
You should really just wait to buy some of the pets that cost gems (especially the ones under "Featured", because they most likely will be worth coins later on).

inheavenmin
01-02-12, 03:15 AM
i totally agree.
what a bummer.
many of the pets require gems, and ALOT of gems too.
even cross-breeding requires gems.
and there's no way to earn gems (unlike bakery story etc.)
it takes away the fun of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!