PDA

View Full Version : Here is the FIX for constant POP-UPS!

3squares
12-15-11, 08:54 AM
Here is the FIX for constant POP-UPS!

Gem traps, unequal treatment for Android users, a new pop up every few seconds, and now, walking (and stationary!) billboards? This last update was the last straw for me.

Tired of constantly being nagged by TL to play other Story games while you're playing Restaurant Story? Here's the fix:

1. Close Restaurant Story.

2. Go ahead and download the game they're pushing on you.

3. Open new game. Be sure to DISALLOW notifications!

4. Play game for a few minutes. Get to Level 2.

5. Close new game.

Now return to Restaurant Story. If you start receiving pop-ups and walking billboards for ANOTHER game, repeat steps 1-5 above until pop-ups stop.

6. Go to your App Store and give each of your new Story games a ONE STAR RATING. You can always come back another time and write a negative review. Do not skip this step! Remember, TLs motivation is to have high ratings in App Store and to get you to spend money on in-app purchases.

If you are running out of space on your iDevice, or just don't want to see the icons of all these games you DON'T WANT TO PLAY, delete them! They will stay in the cloud and you can always download them again if you change your mind. (I kept my stats in Game Center.)

I did this for Bakery Story, Zoo Story, Farm Story, Fashion Story, and City Story.

I am now free of pop-ups, walking advertisements, and billboards.

This doesn't take that much time, and it is SO worth it. Maybe if TL gets enough ONE STAR ratings and negative reviews they will alter these obnoxious business practices. No pity, people.

sumnboutme
12-15-11, 09:25 AM
Also, if you click on the billboard and the thought bubble, they go away.

3squares
12-15-11, 10:04 AM
Also, if you click on the billboard and the thought bubble, they go away.

Yes, but they soon return, unless you follow the steps noted above.

julia3032
12-15-11, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info! Will try that

maulrat1967
12-15-11, 03:52 PM
this company just doesnt get it ... the itunes store is now flooded with "this is the last straw" posts with teamlava's incessant ads .... its a shame because the games are fun time ****ers but they have crossed the line of ridiculously annoying, its actually insulting at this point

akosihannah
12-16-11, 08:41 AM
Tried this and it worked! Keep in mind that you also have to download the Christmas versions too but well worth not having to deal with pop-ups!

3squares
12-16-11, 10:08 AM
Tried this and it worked! Keep in mind that you also have to download the Christmas versions too but well worth not having to deal with pop-ups!

I did not have to download the Xmas versions, just the regular ones. YMMV.

3squares
12-16-11, 10:09 AM
Happy that it worked for you !! Maybe I should post these instructions in the other Story sub forums ...

3squares
12-18-11, 06:03 AM
OK after downloading Xmas version, I started getting new Popups for Pet Store Story, but I got rid of them the same way as above. Six down, and if any other Popups DARE show their faces I will annihilate them ALL. Bwahahaha!

marrrina
12-18-11, 06:06 AM
The Pet Store pop ups are over****.... I didn't mind just having the bubble/billboard

3squares
12-18-11, 02:01 PM
Oh and by the way, despite all the effort TL puts in to get us to download games we DON'T WANT TO PLAY, none of their games are anywhere NEAR "The #1 FREE iPhone and iPad" app: not even in the Top 20, according to App Store.

I notice a LOT more negative reviews in there, too...

laurgirl11
12-18-11, 02:15 PM
thank you!! im sick of those darned pop ups! ;)

xcellent
12-19-11, 08:48 AM
Oh and by the way, despite all the effort TL puts in to get us to download games we DON'T WANT TO PLAY, none of their games are anywhere NEAR "The #1 FREE iPhone and iPad" app: not even in the Top 20, according to App Store.

I notice a LOT more negative reviews in there, too...

Farm story is in top 50.... But other than that..... None even shows in top 100...

mushroom79
12-21-11, 09:34 AM
yes, I dl Zoo2 after i got annoyed with the full screen pop up every few seconds (Like being forced to dl). I was fine with the bubble and billboard, actually amused but was completely annoyed by the full screen pop up. I opened the Zoo2 that I dl, placed 2 elephants there (just follow the initial tutorial) took about 5 min, then deleted the app. Hooray, no more pop ups, bubbles etc!

3squares
12-24-11, 01:19 PM
yes, I dl Zoo2 after i got annoyed with the full screen pop up every few seconds (Like being forced to dl). I was fine with the bubble and billboard, actually amused but was completely annoyed by the full screen pop up. I opened the Zoo2 that I dl, placed 2 elephants there (just follow the initial tutorial) took about 5 min, then deleted the app. Hooray, no more pop ups, bubbles etc!

YAY!

You *may* get subsequent ads (I got one for Mobsters 3D, which is also produced by Storm 8) but just follow the procedure noted above and you will PULVERIZE those suckers!

BTW the mobsters game is totally lame.

farmer1600
12-24-11, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately; downloading the games is exactly what TL wants you to do so that they can get high download numbers for their games

I refuse to be bullied into doing anything I don't want to do.

TL - STOP with the annoying excessive POP-UPS and ADVERTISEMENTS - 6 in a row upon opening the game and then constant harrassment throughout gameplay!! 1 ad upon opening is fine - What you are doing is ridiculous, you should be embarrassed.

Loveone101
12-24-11, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately; downloading the games is exactly what TL wants you to do so that they can get high download numbers for their games

TL - STOP with the annoying excessive POP-UPS and ADVERTISEMENTS - 6 in a row upon opening the game and then constant harrassment throughout gameplay!! 1 ad upon opening is fine - What you are doing is ridiculous, you should be embarrassed.

This is EXACTLY how I feel! I will not download another game just because of TL harassing tactics. It's not enough to delete it afterward, because all they care about is that the game WAS downloaded. In a sick way they won. I just play around the darn ads and each time I am PROMPTED to write a review: I give TL one star and a super unflattering review:)

cupcakes4cece
12-25-11, 12:00 AM
Exactly what the people above said! I refuse to download garbage! I find games about criminal activity to be OFFENSIVE and there is no way one will ever be downloaded onto any device I own! The more you harass me, the angrier I get and the less respect I have for you.

The games are pretty much unplayable because of the popups. Although I enjoy the games a lot and would miss my lovely neighbors, they are not my life... I will drop them if they become more annoyance than fun, which is exactly what they are now. In fact, I AM taking a break from them right now, specifically because I simply could not stand to go through the barrage of spam each time I opened a game. Way to drive off long-time players!

3squares
12-25-11, 10:10 PM

Sure it is...but their ultimate goal is to make money. So, dont spend money, and give them bad reviews. When I'm thinking about downloading a new app, I look at the most critical reviews first. They have real impact. Your "caving in" will earn them one download from you, but how many downloads does your bad review prevent? Just being mad at TL will do nothing but raise your blood pressure. If you want a more enjoyable gaming experience, Follow the procedure noted above.

Of course, if you're really out for revenge, you could report them to Disney, for infringing on Disney's intellectual property rights to the Gingerbread Man (which TL is using to promote Bakery Story: Christmas Edition).

Sorry TL, but you are clearly and intentionally ripping off Disney.

12-26-11, 04:02 AM
I don't know about most of you but I've a stinking feeling those 4 or 5 star ratings (not all I hope) in iTunes are skewed. These reviews are like "love the game so addicted to it", "great game", "so fun and cute" and yada yada; nothing specific.

Anyone can give a rating as long you downloaded the game and since it's free to download, not saying its totally "free" to play so I tend to give 99% discount to those reviews.

I really don't know how one can be so numb to those abrasive ads. Even to those extremely mild tempered people, these ads will eventually get to their nerves...just a matter of time.

As of today, I'm ad free but not holding my breath that they won't return.

julia3032
12-26-11, 04:17 AM
3squares, I have a bone to pick with you! I followed your directions and all was going well until I went into Fashion Story. Long story short, I'm still in there! I was following your guide to play until Level 2 and somehow I just didn't want to quit playing! ROFL! See what you made me do???? I'm afraid to go into the other stories now...j/k...but I have already fallen victim to 2 gems traps since I started playing Fashion at the beginning of the week!!!

3squares
12-26-11, 11:10 AM
3squares, I have a bone to pick with you! I followed your directions and all was going well until I went into Fashion Story. Long story short, I'm still in there! I was following your guide to play until Level 2 and somehow I just didn't want to quit playing! ROFL! See what you made me do???? I'm afraid to go into the other stories now...j/k...but I have already fallen victim to 2 gems traps since I started playing Fashion at the beginning of the week!!!

Oh noes!!! Well, if you like the game...certainly those bots are much better looking in FS...

Are you playing on your phone? I'm only playing on iPad. Slow down! :)

graciebell3
12-26-11, 11:11 AM
This is too much trouble, honestly. I am about done with the games, the level of annoyance is too high these days.

julia3032
12-26-11, 11:27 AM
Oh noes!!! Well, if you like the game...certainly those bots are much better looking in FS...

Are you playing on your phone? I'm only playing on iPad. Slow down! :)

I do like the game...and yes, on my phone...I don't have an IPad...yet...hoping to buy one in the next few months.

pinkster73
12-26-11, 11:32 AM

See? You did exactly what they hoped ha ha

ksbmommy
12-26-11, 09:05 PM
It still does NOT work long term. I have Pet Story my son plays it. I'm still getting Pet Story pop ups, they started again late last week after they had gone away post download.

This trick only seems to work so long and now it is popping up worse than before. It really does need to stop at some point. Certain levels? Dollars spent on games? I'm getting sick of it.......

julia3032
12-26-11, 09:51 PM
See? You did exactly what they hoped ha ha

IKR! But Fashion is a fun game! Not picking up any more though! ARRRRRGHGHGH!

julia3032
12-26-11, 09:53 PM
And it doesn't do anything about the billboards outside my boutique! I think I hate that the most!

3squares
12-27-11, 04:23 AM
IDK what to tell you guys...my Popups and billboard are gone. Ksbmommy, is your son playing pet story on the same device as the one you're using? If you are using different devices, that would explain the problem.

ksbmommy
12-27-11, 06:29 PM
Same device. Fix worked for a while. Then it stopped working for a few days. Now it's working again. I'm more than annoyed by the constant advertising!