PDA

View Full Version : Wasted gems!!!!!

kakurinesan
12-15-11, 08:34 AM
So I was preparing food and accidentally clicked one of my stoves twice causing me to auto prepare food and waste somewhere around 96 gems. Why in the world doesn't a box pop up asking if this is okay?!? That means I pretty much just wasted around $20 I spent on gems for absolutely no reason. Is there any way to get these back?! If it was 10-12 gems, I would be irritated but I would just let it go. Is there any solution to this issue???

Rachael98
12-15-11, 08:39 AM
You cannot get them back, no.
A popup has been requested many times. Personally, I'm in favour of an On-Off switch:).

sourlicorice2
12-15-11, 09:14 AM
I noticed on mine a pop appears with complete all food for x amount of gems at the top, complete one dish for 5 gems etc. after all the complaints about this gem trap TL went and added the complete all for x amount. I dare any one to now say these aren't gem traps and isn't intentional. I definetly believe it is intentional now since there have been so many complaints about this gem trap, TL being aware of it and then instead of fixing it and adding an are u sure button they added another gem trap to get u to accidentally spend even more of your gems. After all who would be crazy enough to actually spend gems to finish a dish yet alone all of them purposely?

sourlicorice2
12-15-11, 09:15 AM
I do love TL games and there are a lot of good things about it but hate this dishonorable practice of placing gem traps which are now obviously intentional.

kakurinesan
12-15-11, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I most definitely lost somewhere along the line of 96 gems...not even sure since it popped up so quickly...

bellasscooby
12-15-11, 11:55 AM
I quit playing this game for that reason - my gems kept disappearing when clicking on the stoves too many times! It got frustrating.

nmishii
12-15-11, 12:53 PM
I've only instantly cooked foods twice, and the last was a few weeks ago when mutton legs were released in RS.

I do not have the update where this new gem trap is introduced, and I'm not looking forward to this feature. I can't believe TL would do this after all the complaints about losing gems instantly cooking one dish.

pinkster73
12-15-11, 12:55 PM
I've only instantly cooked foods twice, and the last was a few weeks ago when mutton legs were released in RS.

I do not have the update where this new gem trap is introduced, and I'm not looking forward to this feature. I can't believe TL would do this after all the complaints about losing gems instantly cooking one dish.

Really? I can :p

ultrafrog
12-15-11, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I spent 10 gems accidentally completing an appliance this morning. Sorry for your loss. One of the worst parts is that I've got it engrained in my head that support won't even help so why bother creating a ticket for it.

xcellent
12-15-11, 03:18 PM
I noticed on mine a pop appears with complete all food for x amount of gems at the top, complete one dish for 5 gems etc. after all the complaints about this gem trap TL went and added the complete all for x amount. I dare any one to now say these aren't gem traps and isn't intentional. I definetly believe it is intentional now since there have been so many complaints about this gem trap, TL being aware of it and then instead of fixing it and adding an are u sure button they added another gem trap to get u to accidentally spend even more of your gems. After all who would be crazy enough to actually spend gems to finish a dish yet alone all of them purposely?

That is one example that if they can add another pop up for completing a recipe, then they most certainly can add a pop up for gem confirmation...... But then....... TL prefer to ignore this request...... Cos they know, they will lose a lot from this caution button if implemented.....

ultrafrog
12-15-11, 03:43 PM
Sure they ignore it. They just scored 20 bucks from a misclick!

cr4zy_eights
12-15-11, 06:07 PM
If this happened to me. I'd quit right on the spot. I've wastered 40 on expansion. 24 on boxes about 5 or 6 times. And of course I've instantly completed for 5 multiple times. And I'm always very careful. But of course this was over a long period of time. Not 90 at once. I really hate lava for this reason. Which is why I'll never give them a dime of my money. I'm done. But I've master everything and have ranked up quite a few gems in all my games. But I seriously feel really bad on anyone who has done this instantly complete all.

mcgee22
12-15-11, 06:24 PM
Are you kidding? I play RS, BS, Farm, Fashion and NS but I think that nothing can compare to what they did in Fashion. BTW I lost 16 gems for this unintentionally.

Look at this post and see if you can catch the difference... really, its fun, like laying one of those compare games... just in this case I wasted 16 gems :mad:

here is the post :

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21033-Another-(absolutely)-useless-rant-about-gem-traps/page2&p=187732#post187732

uwantoplay
12-15-11, 06:56 PM
Just today I instantly finished a two day dish with only 20 minutes left! I have lost more gems by the gem traps and have bought I don't know how many extra spaces in Fashion by accident!! I spent some on a box in RS and I don't even know what box it came from! I am VERY careful not to hit the wrong button but when the games start lagging that is when it always happens!!

pinkster73
12-15-11, 06:58 PM
Are you kidding? I play RS, BS, Farm, Fashion and NS but I think that nothing can compare to what they did in Fashion. BTW I lost 16 gems for this unintentionally.

Look at this post and see if you can catch the difference... really, its fun, like laying one of those compare games... just in this case I wasted 16 gems :mad:

here is the post :

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21033-Another-(absolutely)-useless-rant-about-gem-traps/page2&p=187732#post187732

Wow, that is a blatant gem trap.

mcgee22
12-18-11, 08:37 AM
Wow, that is a blatant gem trap.

Yep, did you realize that they did it for RS too? Just be careful, it seems to be the new trend. Either that or they got new artists/developers who are not paying attention to the old designs. Whatever the case, intentional gem trap or disinterested artists, they need to have somebody oversee this and be accountable for these kinds of mistakes.

kakurinesan
12-19-11, 10:38 AM
Yep, did you realize that they did it for RS too? Just be careful, it seems to be the new trend. Either that or they got new artists/developers who are not paying attention to the old designs. Whatever the case, intentional gem trap or disinterested artists, they need to have somebody oversee this and be accountable for these kinds of mistakes.

They need to create a process that can reverse an accidental purchase on a setting menu or something along that line.

pinkster73
12-19-11, 11:00 AM
They need to create a process that can reverse an accidental purchase on a setting menu or something along that line.

This will never happen

elsielicious
12-19-11, 04:38 PM
This happened to me twice today within the span of 10 seconds! It was all due to RS going "Out of Sync" message popping up every 3 seconds, which it usually reset to uncook state, fine. I double -click on the Sushi counter to cook, little did i know i was cooking it instantly instead. Then it went out of sync, it repeated. Lost 10 gems. ARGH!!!!

Not only that, my bloody candy came machine was bought before the goals, BS wouldn't recognise it, I either have to buy and built a new one or pay 10 gems to skip that goal. Now the cooker is just sitting there doing nothing! So tempted to spend the gems but I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!!!!!!!

iloander
12-20-11, 09:00 AM
T.T T.T T.T
This just happened to me! I've been saving gems since I started playing last year, and just like that 74 gems gone! I swear I could cry, this is just wrong!

hellojazzii
12-26-11, 05:07 PM
ooh, i agree, a popup feature would be nice. i've accidentally wasted gems this way as well, SO aggravating. ):