PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, does anyone actually spend the gems to master flowers?

xSnowyOwlx
12-15-11, 03:32 AM
Now, I realize we get a garden gnome for completely level 4 mastery of crops, etc. but I'm just wondering if anyone actually does spend hundreds of gems just to earn the 2 gems back and the garden gnome?

It's not like you get something for completing everything since they add more crops, etc.

I've been wondering about it since it seems silly to me but I wondered if anyone does do this.

xSnowyOwlx
12-15-11, 03:33 AM
Oh, and when I mean flowers I of course am referring to the flowers that cost gems since no other crop costs gems, just some of the flowers do.

MiniLaura
12-15-11, 05:59 AM
No..........

mcgee22
12-15-11, 06:42 AM
no way! Its rather crazy

pinkster73
12-15-11, 08:00 AM
No way. I'm not that rich :p

mushroom79
12-15-11, 08:14 AM
why do we master crops? its to earn gems....why would I want to use more gems to master flowers to earn 2 gems + a gnome?

sourlicorice2
12-15-11, 09:35 AM
I don't and never will plant any kind of crop that costs gems.

nmishii
12-15-11, 09:41 AM
No. It would cost 2500 gems to master a 1-gem flower. I'd rather buy a gnome for 15 gems, but won't even do that.

yanochka
12-15-11, 10:35 AM
No way :-)

criizz
12-15-11, 10:57 AM
Oh, no! I don't even see why there are flowers available for gems. The only time I've purchased one was on accident! :)

nmishii
12-15-11, 01:03 PM
Oh, no! I don't even see why there are flowers available for gems. The only time I've purchased one was on accident! :)

I accidently purchased a 1-gem yellow rose and a 2-gem black rose. And I accidentally harvested both roses. I harvested the 2 day rose 1 or 2 days after it bloomed. But its okay, it was small and ugly anyway. I kind of miss my 1 gem rose, but not enough to buy another.

FarmerZionLion
12-16-11, 02:31 AM
I bought 6 of the small ugly black ones without checking here first (my bad) assuming the look was to be the same, my bad...they looked more like blakcberries than roses, cropped them and counted my losses.

pinkster73
12-16-11, 10:16 AM
I bought 6 of the small ugly black ones without checking here first (my bad) assuming the look was to be the same, my bad...they looked more like blakcberries than roses, cropped them and counted my losses.

I had a whole thread titled "my black roses are ugly and too small". My gnomes had a funeral for them on the day we harvested them.

myweedpatch
12-16-11, 11:40 AM
No! How many gems would it take to master! And why buy them if u can't put them away in inventory! Ridiculous!

nmishii
12-16-11, 12:48 PM
No! How many gems would it take to master! And why buy them if u can't put them away in inventory! Ridiculous!

2500 gems to master. But you get gems at Levels 2 and 4 so you get back 2 of them.

pinkster73
12-16-11, 12:55 PM
2500 gems to master. But you get gems at Levels 2 and 4 so you get back 2 of them.

That sounds like a fair deal to me

hectorloch
12-21-11, 03:38 AM
Good question, Snowy. When I've seen a farm in the past with quite a number of roses, I've tried to ask if their leaf indicator moved at all. I never got an answer. I've now bought about 20 Red Roses in total - a mixture of idiocy, error and now Goals. I've never bought any other colour of rose. I can see no movement in the indicator compared to the other roses. Maybe 20 is too small - but it would be 4% of the visible slide and I think you would see some movement. Begs the question - was Mastery ever available for the gem flowers ?

I guess you'd need to do about a 100 to be sure. Any volunteers ?

uwantoplay
12-21-11, 11:02 PM

Same with me! I have 1 yellow rose that I accidentally purchased when the game was lagging. I am always worried I am going to harvest it!!

ilovecooper14
12-21-11, 11:06 PM
Same with me! I have 1 yellow rose that I accidentally purchased when the game was lagging. I am always worried I am going to harvest it!!

I harvested mine because I kept getting stressed about accidentally harvesting it. LOL

143Blue
12-21-11, 11:14 PM
well has anyone mastered a gem flower on level 1?? maybe not on purpose but just bcuz u bought alot>

nmishii
12-21-11, 11:56 PM
well has anyone mastered a gem flower on level 1?? maybe not on purpose but just bcuz u bought alot>

You need to plant and harvest 167 of any crop to reach Level 1. 500 if you don't want to harvest them. If I planted that many gem roses on accident or purpose I don't think I'd admit it.

hectorloch
12-22-11, 12:44 AM
Since I posted yesterday (at 17 above) I reached the point in Goals where I had to harvest the roses. Such a waste - TL already had my gems, why make us destroy them too ? However on Mastery that must now give me a cumulative score of around 60 - over 10% of Leaf One. The slider gauge hasn't moved. So, unless we have a gauge that's slow off the mark, I'm going to say there's no Mastery in the gem flowers.

So, huge sigh of relief everyone. Your 10,000 gems are safe :)

MiniLaura
12-22-11, 07:18 AM
So, huge sigh of relief everyone. Your 10,000 gems are safe :)

Hahahahaha!!!

pinkster73
12-22-11, 11:10 AM
You need to plant and harvest 167 of any crop to reach Level 1. 500 if you don't want to harvest them. If I planted that many gem roses on accident or purpose I don't think I'd admit it.

Maybe if you were REALLY drunk its possible?

And whew, I'm relieved my 10 000 gems are safe, thanks Hector

yanochka
12-22-11, 10:48 PM
My neighbor planted primrose by mistake when it first came out. Lucky for her she realized that her gem count started to go down, so she didn't plant the whole field. However, she planted enough for her mastery bar advance 2/3 of the way (I asked her to check after seeing this thread). So it looks like mastering gem flowers is possible.

hectorloch
12-23-11, 07:43 AM
My neighbor planted primrose by mistake when it first came out. Lucky for her she realized that her gem count started to go down, so she didn't plant the whole field. However, she planted enough for her mastery bar advance 2/3 of the way (I asked her to check after seeing this thread). So it looks like mastering gem flowers is possible.

Well, that's my theory - or eyesight - knackered. I was sure there would be some movement at 60 leaf points.

So, at 2/3rds of the way, she would have planted 330 primroses ! That would have been a bad night :)

hectorloch
12-23-11, 12:31 PM
Sorry to return to this. I've just planted 60 white poinsettia = 60xp. That's my first planting obviously as they're new as of some minutes ago. The Leaf Scale has moved ! Perceptibly so. My Red Rose indicator - about 20 roses planted and cropped = 60xp - has not.

Right, there's nothing else for it. Someone, will have to plant 100 Roses, fertilise them, and report back the result. Volunteers, please.

pinkster73
12-23-11, 12:34 PM
Sorry to return to this. I've just planted 60 white poinsettia = 60xp. That's my first planting obviously as they're new as of some minutes ago. The Leaf Scale has moved ! Perceptibly so. My Red Rose indicator - about 20 roses planted and cropped = 60xp - has not.

Right, there nothing else for it. Someone, will have to plant 100 Roses, fertilise them, and report back the result. Volunteers, please.

I stand by also awaiting a volunteer who isn't me

bobbyrae
07-12-12, 03:03 PM
So has anyone mastered a gem flower as yet? Anyone? What did you get?

luv4quiltz
07-13-12, 03:18 PM
I accidentally spent ALL of my gems by selecting a gem flower to make an American flag for the 4th. I was busy planting away unknowingly when all of a sudden a message popped up that I was out of gems. All of my hard earned gems were gone in seconds. I was so mad!

Just yet ANOTHER gem trap added by Team Lava. This is why I REFUSE to buy gems!

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:41 PM
I accidentally spent ALL of my gems by selecting a gem flower to make an American flag for the 4th. I was busy planting away unknowingly when all of a sudden a message popped up that I was out of gems. All of my hard earned gems were gone in seconds. I was so mad!

Just yet ANOTHER gem trap added by Team Lava. This is why I REFUSE to buy gems!

I don't how you can make that mistake. Don't you look at the prices? All the roses are together and the roses are gems unless you just started playing then that's a different story.

lylahmae
07-13-12, 03:55 PM
I don't how you can make that mistake. Don't you look at the prices? All the roses are together and the roses are gems unless you just started playing then that's a different story.

There are slot more gem flowers than just roses and they are not all together. It is very easy on a phone screen to hit slightly off and not know you are planting gem flowers.

cast1532
07-13-12, 04:35 PM
There are slot more gem flowers than just roses and they are not all together. It is very easy on a phone screen to hit slightly off and not know you are planting gem flowers.

That's right. But since I'm on the iPad I don't have that problem. Sorry.

phoebesmom
07-13-12, 05:36 PM
Some people have tapped on a flower costing a gem by mistake. I one time only tried buying a flower, expecting it to be special and to last, rather than disappearing when I harvested. When I realized it just disappeared, that was the end of that!!:mad:

luv4quiltz
07-14-12, 12:52 PM
The flower i chose wasn't a rose and was mixed in with the others that only cost $. I guess i must be stupid for making the error! At the same time, it is wrong that gem items are mixed in with $ crops. As I said before, just another gem trap!

luv4quiltz
07-14-12, 12:57 PM

My last reply was in response to this statement, which i find rather rude! I didn't just start playing. I just missed the gem price.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 01:27 PM
The flower i chose wasn't a rose and was mixed in with the others that only cost $. I guess i must be stupid for making the error! At the same time, it is wrong that gem items are mixed in with $ crops. As I said before, just another gem trap!

That person later apologized for the tone of their post, so don't worry about it. And you're not stupid, everyone makes mistakes.

cast1532
07-14-12, 01:39 PM
Yeah, this has happened to me too. I spent gems on the worst flower ever, which was the Ghost Lily, it's small. But I caught myself when instead of seeing coins being distracted it was gems. So, it was 2 gems per flower. Never again this happened to me. So, if that makes me stupid, then I'm stupid too.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 01:45 PM
Yeah, this has happened to me too. I spent gems on the worst flower ever, which was the Ghost Lily, it's small. But I caught myself when instead of seeing coins being distracted it was gems. So, it was 2 gems per flower. Never again this happened to me. So, if that makes me stupid, then I'm stupid too.

Omg i started a whole thread just about the ghost flowers! It's called "my ghost flowers are ugly and too small"! I also had one about the black roses. It was called "my black roses are ugly and too small".

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19356-My-ghost-flowers-are-ugly-and-too-small!&highlight=ghost+flower+ugly+small

pinkster73
07-14-12, 01:47 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18354-My-black-roses-are-ugly-and-small&highlight=black+roses+ugly+small

WendingWanderer
07-14-12, 06:37 PM

I have a couple of gem flowers left (accidentally harvested some others). I hid one behind the barn, and one behind the trees so I CAN'T accidentally harvest them.

cast1532
07-14-12, 07:49 PM
Before: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/12aa7f52.jpg

After: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/03b26a4d.jpg

I like my new design. I don't have to worry that I accidentally harvest them. When I started buying flowers that costed gems it was when there was no weekly updates and I was almost done with mastering all of my crops. Since I was almost done, I wanted to design my farm with my mansion and just make it nice. But now, I can't because I have more than 10 crops to master and sometimes it gets boring.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 07:55 PM
I accidentally harvested most of my gem flowers, then purposefully harvested the rest because i was sick of looking at them and i need the space. I have one white pointsetta left (accidentally harvested the other 2) and I've hidden it behind a building. We should be able to store gem flowers.

cast1532
07-14-12, 07:59 PM
I accidentally harvested most of my gem flowers, then purposefully harvested the rest because i was sick of looking at them and i need the space. I have one white pointsetta left (accidentally harvested the other 2) and I've hidden it behind a building. We should be able to store gem flowers.

I can't harvest the roses especially if I harvest the red ones. If I do, I have to buy more just to replace them. I think this is called OCD.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 08:03 PM
I can't harvest the roses especially if I harvest the red ones. If I do, I have to buy more just to replace them. I think this is called OCD.

I'm ocd in life, i really try not to let it creep into my farming.