PDA

View Full Version : Copycat: Fashion City

sehana
12-15-11, 02:11 AM
LOL Found another copycat game. This time from Fashion Story.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/sdivinity/7254f64a.jpg

xcellent
12-15-11, 03:28 AM
Someone already posted that... I am tryng to search but cant find it anymore... I guess the mods deleted it.... It is against the forum rules..... (under cross linking/advertising)

bawpotter
12-15-11, 01:04 PM
Phew, that must really anger TL! That even bothers me! That is just CHEAP!!!

ultrafrog
12-15-11, 01:29 PM
Why is it wrong? It just gives more choices for players to pick what they want to play.

You do realize that more competition is GOOD right? It means the developer has to work harder to keep players playing. If there are no choices out there they get complacent.

bawpotter
12-15-11, 01:55 PM
Well... they pretty much stole TL's game...

shakiba
12-15-11, 02:00 PM
Well... they pretty much stole TL's game...

I agree. Pathetic... I mean what if u did some work like a essay and someone else has the same idea either by purpose or by accident. How would you feel? We can't just think about ourselves.

pinkster73
There's tons of restaurant, bakery, farming, night clubbing, zoo etc games. TL was not the first to make them, and won't be the last. Its competition, not theft.

julia3032
Nonsense. There are lots of games very similar to this! Do you think TL invented the only Fashion game? The more, the better. Competition is good.

pinkster73
12-15-11, 02:02 PM
Nonsense. There are lots of games very similar to this! Do you think TL invented the only Fashion game? The more, the better. Competition is good.

Hey, you copy-catted my post! Ha ha

ultrafrog
12-15-11, 02:15 PM
I haven't tried playing it but unless it was a wholesale lift of TL's art and programming code then what's wrong with it?

Can McD, Carl's Jr/Hardees, Burger King, In n' Out not coexist with each other because they all serve burger and fries?

It's competition that spurs innovation and change. The developers have to adapt if they want to keep their players.

Why would TL be inclined to remove gem traps and fix their bugs if they were the only game in town? They wouldn't.

If another company does it better, then players can leave and play something else.

shakiba
12-15-11, 02:52 PM

true. i guess I have different opinions, whether its a good or bad thing.
I think overall... I dont care if there is a game like FS unless its literally the exact same thing. I know its not theft but iti s a little awkward.. :P
but who cares right? o. o

shakiba
12-15-11, 02:54 PM
wait a sec, I just realized it didnt say Fashion story, it says "Fashion City"
Okay... now I understand that it is not theft at all. There are soo many games that are fashion related. You cant just say they all stole FS' idea.

GroupMagma
12-15-11, 02:55 PM
Please don't comment on third party apps without TL's permission in the forums. This is a violation of the Terms of Service, as outlined here: http://teamlava.com/terms/