PDA

View Full Version : Gems required to complete goals...not happy

tones22
12-15-11, 12:23 AM
I just finished my second set of goals, to reveal the third set which I was looking forward to. Only to find out that you have to buy a snow man (24 gems) in order to complete the goal...or skip for 10 gems. I.E. In order to move forward in the game you have to buy gems. Honestly I buy gems regularly but to decorate, not to enjoy playing the game. Seems it might be time to quit. Anyone have thoughts?

mushroom79
12-15-11, 02:50 AM
10 gems or 24 gems?! pls!!! goals should be free!!! as i said in another game that I play, when there was a quest where it involved real cash, it was later removed/changed such that there was no need to involve real cash!! if i need to use gems to unlock a recipe, I would rather give up on the quest....

xcellent
12-15-11, 03:23 AM
Another gem payment?? for a task??

Really, TL?? >_<

marrrina
12-15-11, 05:55 AM
Wow are you kidding? I'm on part 2 of one goal and I'm annoyed that it requires sooo much cooking. I had to store all my drink mixers and buy 5 more stoves just so I could speed my way through these demanding cooking tasks. But now this?! Makes the goals more of a joke than they already were.

lj74717
12-15-11, 07:33 AM
wow looks like I don't need to consider starting the goals

jj486
12-15-11, 07:52 AM
I have had two gaint snowman already. Being that it doesn't matter u bought before because it didn't count. is it that mean I have to buy another one????

sunnyDreams
12-15-11, 08:09 AM
Which goal requires you to buy a snowman? Like many of you, I already have one.

ultrafrog
12-15-11, 09:30 AM
I have had two gaint snowman already. Being that it doesn't matter u bought before because it didn't count. is it that mean I have to buy another one????

That's been my experience in the past.. If you already bought one it doesn't count.

pastrychef17
12-15-11, 09:51 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear spending gems is involved in completing a goal. I guess I won't be completing that one. It's not worth it to spend 10 or 24 gems just to get a new recipe that will only yield 2 gems for mastery. Someone didn't do the math on that one.

3squares
12-15-11, 11:11 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear spending gems is involved in completing a goal. I guess I won't be completing that one. It's not worth it to spend 10 or 24 gems just to get a new recipe that will only yield 2 gems for mastery. Someone didn't do the math on that one.

You got that right! If a snowman is required, then that requirement will probably go bye bye once seasonal items have been removed. Along with the recipe itself, if it is seasonal.

cakeandpie
12-15-11, 12:10 PM
Ugh!! That makes me so mad! So they require you to spend gems to unlock a new crop or tree (Edited:recipe)?? That's really wrong. :mad:

fangme
12-15-11, 12:57 PM
Ohhh, I am not eagle to complete task. Just 1 recipe of prime rib enough.
24 gems to unlock for new appliance, I can accept but to buy a snowman to complete the task.
It's waste of money.

quentinsmommy
12-15-11, 01:03 PM
24 gems? Ouch! That's just not right.....I truly think that TL is getting greedy with the gems or having financial trouble and needing to make more money. I'm sorry for sounding rude, but that's how I feel lately.

julia3032
12-15-11, 03:25 PM
24 gems? Ouch! That's just not right.....I truly think that TL is getting greedy with the gems or having financial trouble and needing to make more money. I'm sorry for sounding rude, but that's how I feel lately.

It's not rude. It IS greedy. It's also greedy to ask 8 gems for 1 table! When you need multiple tables, to charge 8 gems for Christmas items is just crazy. But at least we don't Have to buy the tables in order to progress in the game!

GroupMagma
12-15-11, 05:14 PM
Do you know the name of this particular Goal?

jackie2006
12-15-11, 05:38 PM
it calls "Affridgative Action"

Serve 30 Colas
Buy a Snowman Waiter Buy for 24 gems / Skip 10 gems
Obtain 8 Turkeys

jackie2006
12-15-11, 05:39 PM
it's from Restaurant story xmas 1.4.1 for iphone

GroupMagma
12-15-11, 05:59 PM
Thanks. I'll send this feedback to the devs regarding this Goal.

queenrocks77
12-15-11, 06:37 PM

Can you also tell them that its annoying that the game doesnt recognize that you already own something. The first time I did this I had to buy 5 white tables (or whatever) and I owned 30 or 40 in storage. I had to place and sell them in order to complete the mission. Very time consuming and annoying AND not fun.
And I also don't like spending gems on a quest. Last time it was just complete some eggs instantly. And I said in that thread (along with others) that it was rediculous and we didn't like it. I also said what happens next time when you want us to buy a big screen tv for 68 gems. And here we are. 24 gems for a snowman. I guess sometimes I dont mind be a droid user.

pinkster73
12-15-11, 06:46 PM
Can you also tell them that its annoying that the game doesnt recognize that you already own something. The first time I did this I had to buy 5 white tables (or whatever) and I owned 30 or 40 in storage. I had to place and sell them in order to complete the mission. Very time consuming and annoying AND not fun.
And I also don't like spending gems on a quest. Last time it was just complete some eggs instantly. And I said in that thread (along with others) that it was rediculous and we didn't like it. I also said what happens next time when you want us to buy a big screen tv for 68 gems. And here we are. 24 gems for a snowman. I guess sometimes I dont mind be a droid user.

Now that's funny. (The droid user part)

tones22
12-15-11, 10:53 PM
Thank you for checking into this. I understand Team Lava needs to have people buying gems to keep providing such great and cute games, and I certainly help to fund that, but it can be demotivating when it becomes an issue of being able to continue the game after you're already in the 93-96 level range.

pastrychef17
12-16-11, 09:33 AM
I think everyone can also help provide feedback by NOT spending their gems to fulfill or skip the goal. That's the most effective feedback I can think of when no one advances past this goal, no one unlocks the recipes associated with it, no one plays that part of the game anymore and all their dev work on it is wasted. But if we complain and still spend the gems on it, TL has no incentive to change. I personally will not be spending any gems when I get to this goal and if I don't go any further, so be it. I can still play the rest of the game just fine.

kyora
12-16-11, 10:23 PM
I think everyone can also help provide feedback by NOT spending their gems to fulfill or skip the goal. That's the most effective feedback I can think of when no one advances past this goal, no one unlocks the recipes associated with it, no one plays that part of the game anymore and all their dev work on it is wasted. But if we complain and still spend the gems on it, TL has no incentive to change. I personally will not be spending any gems when I get to this goal and if I don't go any further, so be it. I can still play the rest of the game just fine.

I agree as above..as I have reached this stage and I am not gonna proceed any further in this goal..the loss of the recipe does not affect the gamplay at all

jj486
12-16-11, 10:48 PM
well, I just found out one thing on Farm story. every time when u complete the goal. u have some kind of reward " like a snowglobe and polarbear".I don't mind to pay 24 gems if I have something that are limited decorations, but not a new recipe. Once u mastered them, u only get 2 gems back which is nothing.

gdoldcat
12-17-11, 07:52 AM
Ohhh, I am not eagle to complete task. Just 1 recipe of prime rib enough.
24 gems to unlock for new appliance, I can accept but to buy a snowman to complete the task.
It's waste of money.

Totally agree. I will spend gems on buying new oven and other decoration but not that snowman because It's not my favor thing. I feel unhappy that TL force me to spend gems in order to earn more money. That's against my willing.:(

pinkster73
12-17-11, 10:14 AM
Totally agree. I will spend gems on buying new oven and other decoration but not that snowman because It's not my favor thing. I feel unhappy that TL force me to spend gems in order to earn more money. That's against my willing.:(

I also agree. I spend a lot of money on gems and I wouldn't want to use them on something mandatory to progress in the game. I would rather choose what I buy with them.

sourlicorice2
12-17-11, 11:52 AM
I won't be completing any of the goals with gems. Too bad the snowman won't count if u already bought one which I did. I won't be buying another one as I don't want another one. I really do hate these goals they r too frustrating with all the bugs etc etc.

hentie2
12-17-11, 01:16 PM
I just got to this goal and I was lost for words 24 gems (?2.99) for a snowman i dislike anyway to what gain 2 gems (?0.25) I go no further with it! I too have reached level 96 brought gems along the way to decorate my restaurant & bakery but enough is enough with the pushy annoying advertising which is now imposing on my games so much it's far from enjoyable along with the bugs mostly the all neighbours ticked when gifting or requesting it does not give us players a chance to personalise the game for individual use and my neighbours my time with these games is reaching an end!

fangme
12-17-11, 02:58 PM
Well, I will stop to unlock the quest in this level. We have to buy 1 more Chestnut Roaster. Ahhh, and 1 snowman. OH DARN!

I am wondered, just 1 recipe each in Chestnut roaster and Turducken Fryer?

mimisarah
12-17-11, 08:25 PM
Do you know the name of this particular Goal?

I just reach this Goal...it is Affridgative Action is asking 30 mooore Colas, Buy Snowman Walter for 24gems or skip with 10 gems, and 8 Turkeys.

It's not a good idea to force gems items on players.

Please GM let us know what will happen.....I DON'T like Walter.....I like to buy with my gems what I LIKE.

Thank you for your help

RebekahRJones
12-17-11, 09:22 PM
Does anybody know what you get for completing the goal?

mcgee22
12-17-11, 09:45 PM

that is true! I am not going to do any of the goals that involve spending gems in any of the games. The only one I might consider is the giant candy canes in farm because I wanted them in the first place. I did buy one already so if that one doesn't count then I will not buy another 2, that would be 15 gems.

sourlicorice2
12-17-11, 11:21 PM
I would only use gems to complete a goal if I wanted the item I had to buy to complete it. However if I've already bought it and it doesn't count towards it then I wont be completing the goal. I only want one snowman so not gonna waste gems on another one just to complete a stupid goal.

gw9258
12-17-11, 11:53 PM
I just got this goal, I was enjoying the goals despite the bugs and the food with the long cooking times..., but to REQUIRE we buy an item with gems...! Thats taking it to far! I spend a ton of money on these games for things I WANT to buy I will not purchase an item to complete a goal that is so unfair! Plus its to unlock a food item, that if we happen to complete the goal in time to finish the food item completely we get 4 GEMS n some coins! The snowman is 24 Gems n the opt out is is 10 GEMs! What is the incentive? I, along with many others already have a snowman we have purchased, which as someone mentioned isn't counted.
TL didn't think this one through! I love my games but I will not complete the goals that require I buy anything and I am sure I am not a alone in that decision.

tiancai17
12-18-11, 12:43 AM
I agree. I will not spend gems to complete goals.

littlemisshazel
12-18-11, 02:19 AM
I just finished my second set of goals, to reveal the third set which I was looking forward to. Only to find out that you have to buy a snow man (24 gems) in order to complete the goal...or skip for 10 gems. I.E. In order to move forward in the game you have to buy gems. Honestly I buy gems regularly but to decorate, not to enjoy playing the game. Seems it might be time to quit. Anyone have thoughts?

It's time consuming to deal with the goals yet we have to buy gems to buy deco ( who with the right mind will spend 10 gems to skip this task anyways,.) I would say that it's totally unfair! I bot quite abit of gems to get deco I wanted every now and den and that's out of free will n it makes me happy. Now I feel obliged yet we won't know wad we'll get at the end of it.. It is worth it afterall? Speechless~

marrrina
12-18-11, 05:58 AM
I finally just got to this goal and wasn't going to do it after reading this post a few days ago. But I'm also equally bothered by the fact this goal requires us to now make 30 cola when we JUST made 20 cola to even unlock this task. Why not 30 apple cider, seeing as that recipe has been newly unlocked?

cazella10
12-18-11, 07:20 AM
Totally agree with all comments. I will not be forced into parting with my gems for something I don't want. So my goals will be incomplete. I am fed up of making hot chocolate in bakery 16hrs and required 10 now 30!!!!!!!!!!
The goals unlock recipes that we cannot make as progressing with the goals and even more frustrating as we know it's all time limited. Maybe if TL gave some indication of how long the seasonal recipes/crops etc were available and how long goals available, it would take some stress away from players.

pastrychef17
12-18-11, 09:19 AM
If anyone does complete the snowman waiter goal for gems, let us know what comes next :). I'll never find out personally since I'm not spending my gems to do this and I'd willingly give up unlocking the holiday stuffing recipe since ti's only going to yield 2 gems for mastery anyway. But I just want to know what I'm missing, lol. And yes, I think it's lame to make more colas but at least it's better than the goals in Bakery that have you endlessly making 16-hour hot chocolate.

ultrafrog
12-18-11, 09:54 AM
I'm stuck on the snowman waiter quest as well. Was hoping for a resolution on if the quests will be changed to not require gem items but not really holding out much hope for that..

3squares
12-18-11, 02:05 PM
I, too, vow not to pursue any quest that requires spending gems.

laurgirl11
12-18-11, 02:08 PM
maybe you should just wait till the holidays.. i know im buying more gems when on sale... but STILL!! TL why do you always have to make it hard for us?!?!

di1975
12-18-11, 04:30 PM
thank you for checking into this. I understand team lava needs to have people buying gems to keep providing such great and cute games, and i certainly help to fund that, but it can be demotivating when it becomes an issue of being able to continue the game after you're already in the 93-96 level range.

yes!!!!!!!

jannywanny86
12-18-11, 04:31 PM
This sucks was having fun with goals the prime rib one gonna take ages

nokcha1
12-18-11, 10:02 PM
In case anyone is curious, here is a screenshot of the goal...

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m638/mcglothh/IMG_0960.jpg

julia3032
12-18-11, 10:04 PM
In case anyone is curious, here is a screenshot of the goal...

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m638/mcglothh/IMG_0960.jpg

I just hit this roadblock...that's the end of the road for me, because I also refuse to spend gems to complete a quest.

pinkster73
12-18-11, 10:19 PM
Sometimes it pays to be Android :p

cakeandpie
12-19-11, 12:22 AM
I also just hit this set of tasks, which means I can not progress any further. :( Makes me sad I will not unlock this recipe and anything else that may come after it. TL, what were you thinking? Do you really think this kind of move makes your players happier with you and more willing to stay with the game? Even among those who are willing to purchase gems routinely, there may be those who don't want a snowman waiter and resent being forced to buy one (or waste their gems skipping the task) in order to progress. It's just a bad, bad move.

marrrina
12-19-11, 07:20 AM
I just got to a forced-gem spending road block in Bakery Story. The item you have to buy is 20 gems but you can skip it for 2. I wonder why the skip "fee" is so much cheaper in bakery than restaurant

pastrychef17
12-19-11, 09:53 AM
I just got to a forced-gem spending road block in Bakery Story. The item you have to buy is 20 gems but you can skip it for 2. I wonder why the skip "fee" is so much cheaper in bakery than restaurant

Ugh, I'm bummed to read there's a gem purchase or skip requirement in Bakery as well. What item do you have to buy? I'd only buy it if it's something I wanted to purchase anyway. I'm betting the skip fee is much less in bakery because of all the negative reaction from the snowman waiter gem purchase requirement in Restaurant. At least with a 2-gem skip fee, you're no better or worse off in paying it since, if it unlocks a recipe, you'll get those 2 gems back in mastery if you can master fast enough before the recipes are removed with the rest of the holiday content. Someone finally got the math right.

pastrychef17
12-19-11, 09:53 AM
Ugh, I'm bummed to read there's a gem purchase or skip requirement in Bakery as well. What item do you have to buy? I'd only buy it if it's something I wanted to purchase anyway. I'm betting the skip fee is much less in bakery because of all the negative reaction from the snowman waiter gem purchase requirement in Restaurant. At least with a 2-gem skip fee, you're no better or worse off in paying it since, if it unlocks a recipe, you'll get those 2 gems back in mastery if you can master fast enough before the recipes are removed with the rest of the holiday content. Someone finally got the math right.

Oh and that's only if there aren't other goals that require gems to unlock the same recipe. Risky.

motherwolf
12-19-11, 10:17 AM
I agree. As long as this quest requires us to use gems, I won't be completing it. I can't afford to buy gems very often, so I have to save them for things I really want. Team Lava actually saved me some money last week. The gems were 20% off, but every time I tried to buy them, either the buying menu came up and was blank or it would get stuck in an endless processing request that would force me to close the game.

mykidsrsweet
12-19-11, 12:26 PM
I am so mad about thus one....I will not buy gems just to make a recipe. How dumb!!!!

mamatomato
12-19-11, 07:26 PM
Totally agree with all.... gems are expensive and i refuse to pay to play such an instable game.
Rules are constantly changing making me want to quit every couple months!

lj74717
12-19-11, 07:35 PM
positive side is that I don't need to make the 30 colas....

lilobrat05
12-19-11, 08:35 PM
I too am upset that I have to spend gems to complete a goal that Only unlocks a recipe that is probably only gonna be around for the holidays! Why didn't they do like Bakery Story at least and require less gems to skip it? In that game u have to buy a reindeer penguin for 20 gems or skip for 2 gems! I wld be willing to skip for 2 gems since that is what I will get if I master the recipe but I don't think gems should be involved in these goals anyways! I'm not completing this goal in restaurant story as long as it requires gems!

mc4martyc
12-19-11, 10:51 PM
Well I for one have never bought gems for RS or BS and am not starting now. I have completed all recipes and have 0 gems due to holiday boxes etc so I certainly won't be completing these tasks and am indeed contemplating quitting the games altogether. I only started them to help the kids out and got a bit addicted am on level 96 on both. Well done team lava for ruining it for obviously many of us. It was hard enough collecting ingredients and parts never mind forcing us to spend real
Money. Also the farm story popup is the most annoying thing ever. Not once at the opening o the game but every few minutes whilst trying to decorate ��

carollwee
12-19-11, 11:56 PM
24 gem to exchange for a receipt which only give you 2 gem.. If really not worth.. Somemore that snowman waiter is not cute at all。dont feel like buying it... Zzzz

mushroom79
12-20-11, 12:17 AM
the entire list of task should be given in the form of a list (something like pet story) Then we choose the tasks we want to do so this would give us the choice of ignoring those with gems but could still progress and do other tasks. The current one, we are practically FORCED to used gems in some way, if not you may not even get to see the next task that may be just coins. Sorry, this will not work on me. I will just forfeit the goals and recipes then.

ccane77
12-20-11, 04:42 AM
My thinking was why snowman waiter? At least make it a pea*** waiter.

pastrychef17
12-20-11, 10:06 AM
Do you know if you have to also spend gems to complete the goals in Bakery Story

So far I know you have to buy a penguin reindeer (for 20 gems) or skip the task for 2 in the Bakery goal. I don't know if there are any gem requirements after that as I'm still debating whether to go past it by skipping or not.

I'm finally done with the RS goals! Or at least as far as I'm going to go without spending gems. I got the fireplace decoration which was really nice and almost worth the hassle of all the goal problems. The only recipe I haven't unlocked is the stuffing one because of the gem requirement so it looks like I'll go no further and I'm done with goals. Now concentrating on mastering the holiday recipes I did unlock before they're removed next month.

cakeandpie
12-20-11, 01:33 PM
Now concentrating on mastering the holiday recipes I did unlock before they're removed next month.

We do not know when they will be removed. GM said that holiday decorations and goals will be removed Jan. 13th but that recipes would be available longer.

pastrychef17
12-20-11, 02:39 PM
We do not know when they will be removed. GM said that holiday decorations and goals will be removed Jan. 13th but that recipes would be available longer.

True. But I wouldn't risk for how long they'd be available after Jan 13. I think it's great that they gave us the Jan 13 date this far in advance since that hasn't been their normal practice. But I'm not going to wait for any longer than that to master the recipes "just in case".

di1975
12-20-11, 03:31 PM

I think he said the ones we unlocked would not be removed but the ones they just gave us ...pancake with snowman?....will be gone jan 13th

dalula
12-20-11, 05:43 PM

I think the unlocked recipes will stay. only the holiday ones will go. so that skip price is OK. :p

keviPad
12-20-11, 06:36 PM
Holiday recipes include just Prime Rib and Apple Cider. Am i forgetting one??

The others are the goal recipes. Am I correct?

DaojinWildfire
12-20-11, 06:38 PM
Any Goal recipes that you unlock through the quests will still remain in your game when the seasonal content are removed. So try to unlock the Goal recipes and master the current seasonal recipes before they're gone.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

cakeandpie
12-20-11, 08:15 PM
I think he said the ones we unlocked would not be removed but the ones they just gave us ...pancake with snowman?....will be gone jan 13th

Oh, so the holiday ones that were NOT unlocked by goals will go. I get it now.

3squares
12-20-11, 08:16 PM
not going to pursue third Chillby request because it requires you to spend gems. So I won't unlock stuffing recipe. So what? It won't be around very long anyway. I will ignore any quests that require spending gems.

keviPad
12-20-11, 08:30 PM
Specifically, which ones are the holiday/seasonal recipes???????

keviPad
12-20-11, 10:39 PM
Specifically, which ones are the holiday/seasonal recipes???????

Pancake with snowman? ... Oh, Morning cheer. I forgot about that one. So is that the only holiday recipe???

PrimeRib and AppleCider are goal recipes i assume???

Sorry for sounding like idiot. I didnt even remember i mastered morning cheer. Morning cheer must of been out awhile before xmas.