PDA

View Full Version : Different color Mastery Keys, what does it mean?

BELLA
10-22-10, 08:28 AM
I understand that there are 4 keys on top of each contract. A key with no color means you haven't completed any yet. But for some of the contracts I've completed all 4 keys, and the 4 keys are all YELLOW. But for other contracts I've noticed the 4 keys are sometimes NOT all yellow. Instead the first 2 are YELLOW but the third and fourth keys are LIGHT YELLOW. What does this mean?

Unregistered
10-22-10, 10:42 AM
Yes, I've been wondering the same thing for a long time

chvchv & chvchv2
10-22-10, 12:25 PM
It's most probably a glitch.

Supervolcano
10-22-10, 12:45 PM
Either it's a glitch

Or more than likely, I suspect the following:
Bright Yellow = All contracts were properly completed to earn that key.
Light Yellow = Some contracts were cancelled while earning that key.

Unregistered
10-22-10, 12:53 PM
I don't think so. On my chvchv2 city I have started with A LOT of contract canceling and I've got a bunch of keys that way. All keys are dark yellow however.

Btw: I now also have an Empire State Building in my little 10x10 city. :-) I'm thinking about getting a second onw. :-))

Supervolcano
10-22-10, 01:01 PM
I don't think so. On my chvchv2 city I have started with A LOT of contract canceling and I've got a bunch of keys that way. All keys are dark yellow however.

Btw: I now also have an Empire State Building in my little 10x10 city. :-) I'm thinking about getting a second onw. :-))
I knew I should have looked for myself before saying the colors.

Original poster said yellow and light yellow, so I went with his flow.
It's actually bright yellow and dark yellow.

So I suspect the following:
Dark Yellow = Some contracts were cancelled while earning that key.

chvchv & chvchv2
10-22-10, 01:05 PM
I knew I should have looked for myself before saying the colors.

Original poster said yellow and light yellow, so I went with his flow.
It's actually bright yellow and dark yellow.

So I suspect the following:
Dark Yellow = Some contracts were cancelled while earning that key.

No matter which colors you actually mean, I've started my chvchv2 city with lots of cancelled contracts and all keys have the same shade of yellow.

In the process I've seen some bright yellow keys too, but after a simple restart of the game all keys were dark yellow. So I stick with my "it's a bug" guess.

Unregistered
10-22-10, 01:39 PM
It's just a glitch. I've not cancelled any contracts but I do sometimes get some keys showing different shades of yellow. Point is, sometimes. The same key can be a different shade at different times. I haven't noticed any common factor so I think it's just a 'funny'.