PDA

View Full Version : All neighbors are selected when gifting or requesting for parts

tiancai17
12-14-11, 08:55 AM
Since the new update, I noticed that all neighbors are selected when gifting or requesting for parts. I do not like this feature as I never mass gift my neighbors with one specific item and I usually request for different parts from different neighbors. This new feature of automatically selecting all your neighbors is cumbersome as I now have to unselect the neighbors that I do not want to send a gift to or request a part from manually.

musclemommy
12-14-11, 09:15 AM
Since the new update, I noticed that all neighbors are selected when gifting or requesting for parts. I do not like this feature as I never mass gift my neighbors with one specific item and I usually request for different parts from different neighbors. This new feature of automatically selecting all your neighbors is cumbersome as I now have to unselect the neighbors that I do not want to send a gift to or request a part from manually.
I do t like this either - I hope it can be removed as a feature .....

chezdubois622
12-14-11, 10:05 AM

Yes, this is a HUGE problem for me, too. I have 569 neighbors and to de-select thos who I don't want to get an item makes it impossible for me to play the game. HELP!!!!!!

mimisarah
12-14-11, 10:15 AM
I DON'T LIKE it at all.....Will they fix this?? Have anyone heard about it?? and 3 pop-ups?? Are you kidding me?

Cloud9000
12-14-11, 11:11 AM
I'd like to have this fixed aswell, as I do not send mass food out to all my neighbours.
I always check first (on their walls) what they are in need of.
So please remove this and make it as it has been before - Thanks.

niccy79
12-14-11, 12:02 PM
Tl please remove this horrible feature or create a button so ppl can choose to gift all nbrs at once!!! This is a pain especially when someone has hundreds of nbrs!!!!!

niccy79
12-14-11, 12:05 PM
Also on BS they added this function too!!! So I spent the time unchecking nbrs to request parts the ones who were checked didnt get the request but the ones who werent checked did!!!! What in the world is going on! I believe TL has bigger issues to deal with then adding bogus features such as this!!!!! Eg of issues: Nbrs cant play due to force close, missing emojis, missing gems etc!!! I think the listed issues should take priority!!!!!

GamingGod81
12-15-11, 11:15 AM
I LOVE the mass gifting, why complain?? I have 100's of ppl to gift every day.. I Welcome mass gifting bugs..

lumri
12-15-11, 04:59 PM
Remove the mass gifting feature on RS, please TL. At least add a "deselect all" button. +__+

greygull
12-15-11, 06:37 PM
This request has been passed along, though not sure what the outcome will be.

myweedpatch
12-15-11, 06:44 PM
Like it for general gifting, but need a deselect button so we can chose to ask 1/2 of our neighbors for
One thing and 1/2 our neighbors for another item. Also, if someone selects the same number twice in a 24 hour period and all the names are checked it could deny to send to all the rest who you didn't hit up twice!

treataddict
12-15-11, 11:16 PM
I absolutely hate new feature of all neighbors checked when gifting. It is absolutely too time consuming to uncheck my 141 neighbors every time I gift. I gift one person at a time and like to select gifts individually. If a neighbor needs a gear why give all my neighbors gears. The game is no longer fun and will stop playing if not corrected. It looks like Restaurant Story is not interested in happy players they just want to make their millions on gems.

flowless
12-15-11, 11:26 PM
love the new feature

but i guess the ideal solution would a button to select all for those who wants to

gdoldcat
12-16-11, 02:14 AM
Remove the mass gifting feature on RS, please TL. At least add a "deselect all" button. +__+

Support to create a "deselect all" button. It is useful especially on asking nbr for material. I don't want to ask over hundred nbr for one kind of material and it is really annoying for uncheck the boxes.

yummydedumdum
12-16-11, 04:24 AM
I too dislike this feature very much. Seems when I try to request two different items, I uncheck half of my neighbors, request the first item, then try to request from the other half the second item and it says I have already requested for the day. So it seems I am spinning my wheels unchecking. TL has many ways of making you spend coins don't they.

gdoldcat
12-17-11, 08:25 AM
I too dislike this feature very much. Seems when I try to request two different items, I uncheck half of my neighbors, request the first item, then try to request from the other half the second item and it says I have already requested for the day. So it seems I am spinning my wheels unchecking. TL has many ways of making you spend coins don't they.

Agreed. The pass few days made me crazy for unchecked so many boxes...It made me feel I am not a game player but a factory worker... :(

If TL insist to keep this annoying function, please add a deselect all button for player.

lsloman
12-17-11, 08:41 AM
Hate the new feature as well. What about giving us a choice....either select all, or just letting us select who we want? Unsecting hundreds of nbrs to give one gift is truly a time waster.

sourlicorice2
12-17-11, 11:42 AM
I hate it to. A button we could press to select all would be ok providing it didn't create even more bugs.

gmasgoodys
12-18-11, 02:49 PM
HATE the pre checked gift an parts req in both RS an BS PLEASE add a deselect button or change it back I'm a disabled vet and have spinal damage that effects my arms if it's left this way then I am DONE not because I want but because I can't play. Please fix this SOON. Gmasgoodys

maca0912
12-18-11, 04:56 PM
Hate this thing, my nbrs sent me different gifts because they like and need different things, with this system is imposible to be a good neib!!!

madbazoo
12-19-11, 12:32 AM
I hate it too. So irritated I have stopped giving gifts back until it is fixed. May be the only way to get some action to remove it.

Uneek78
12-20-11, 11:08 AM
I too hate this feature as well. Going through & deselecting neighbors is insane. It actually makes me not want to gift anything because of this feature. If you want o fix this prblem, remove it or have a button at the top of the list that says "Select ALL"

joannejojo24
12-20-11, 02:50 PM
Till now it still not fixed or removed yet... I dont like this feature so please remove this and make it as before.

briguynv
12-20-11, 08:30 PM
This checking all is now causing a NEW BUG... even those people I UNCHECK... they are telling me they are GETTING the item I sent to OTHER people. Like people I try to send materials to, are getting the stew that I sent to other people! I KNOW for a fact I unchecked those materials people, but they told me they got stew! THAT is the major issue with the check-all... other times, I uncheck ALL except one... and it says "your gift was sent, but 25 did not receive"... well DUH... they shouldn't have, because I UNCHECKED them... but it still TRIED to send to them!

So this new check system is SERIOUSLY FLAWED!!!!!

kooky panda
12-20-11, 09:40 PM
My is working. I sent 1/3 my nbrs one item and 1/2 the other this morning, and I have been getting both items back today.
Try deleting your game and redownloading it from the app store.

gamergl
12-21-11, 12:20 PM
Please please please remove the preselected checks. !!!!!!!

When when when will this be removed???????????????

jodeye
12-21-11, 10:00 PM
I do not have the ability to "select all" but would really like a button with that capability. I think it is a necessity though that you may click the same button to deselect all.

pastrychef17
12-21-11, 10:12 PM
This checking all is now causing a NEW BUG... even those people I UNCHECK... they are telling me they are GETTING the item I sent to OTHER people. Like people I try to send materials to, are getting the stew that I sent to other people! I KNOW for a fact I unchecked those materials people, but they told me they got stew! THAT is the major issue with the check-all... other times, I uncheck ALL except one... and it says "your gift was sent, but 25 did not receive"... well DUH... they shouldn't have, because I UNCHECKED them... but it still TRIED to send to them!

This happened to me too when neighbors who have always gifted me parts suddenly were sending me stew in the past day or so. And yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Those tricks really don't work.

Also in Bakery, the bug for not having the ingredients request go to all your neighbors if you uncheck them is also back. I thought they said it had been fixed? It might've been for a day or so but now it's not. I've gotten stalled again on getting ingredients back even though I've sent out less than 15 requests today but when I send a request to someone I KNOW I haven't asked for something from in over 24 hours, I get an error message that I've already made a request to them already. It might've gone out to them all when I sent ONE ingredient request to one neighbor. So it's back to being a pain again to get ingredients to complete the goals.

mushroom79
12-21-11, 10:23 PM
I dont even remember when was the last time I requested for the materials!!! I would really appreciate if they could include an indication (for e.g., for gifting, the gift button will be faded when the 24 h mark is not up yet) as to when we could request again...I have 7 games and how do you expect me to remember at what time of the day I can request again!! trying again and again is getting on my nerves! and it is quite hard to set all games at the same time as I complete the goals for each game at different times of the day!

briguynv
12-22-11, 05:10 AM
My is working. I sent 1/3 my nbrs one item and 1/2 the other this morning, and I have been getting both items back today.

Already done... did NOTHING! And it JUST did it again. I unchecked EVERYONE except 6 people, because I still need 2 cinnamon sticks, that I've been trying to get for 4 days now. I've been TRACKING who I send when... so I KNEW I could request those 6, and still send another request to 21 other people. But what happens when I send it... it says "your request was sent, but 17 did not receive it...blah blah"... NO DUH 17 shouldn't have received it! So then I tried to send the other 21... NOPE... can't send ANYONE anymore. TOTALLY SCREWED ME FOR 24 HOURS NOW! This is BEYOND RIDICULOUS! This NEEDS to be fixed! And because of ALL these errors, they should EXTEND the quests/holiday items to give us TIME to get them! It should NOT take 4 days to get 15 items sent to you!!!

It's plain and simple... this check-all system does NOT work! The requests do NOT work! At least in BS & RS anyway! SO IRRITATING!

xcellent
12-22-11, 05:20 AM

Tried this one too.... Nothing works....
Tried installing the normal version, still the same....
I reinstall the christmas version (deleting the normal v) but it still send to everyone....
I was hoping giftng/requesting is manual choice now as per DW posted.... But then NOT!

The gifting/request issue has been fixed. The game will now properly send the requests to just the neighbors you request or have checked.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

briguynv
12-22-11, 05:21 AM
Oh and the same for gifting in RS... I just tried to send a specific requested part to 4 people... I UN-checked everyone else... I even slide back up and make sure that everyone is un-checked. I submit it and next thing I know, 30+ people are now grayed out, because they just got SENT that one part... even though they were UN-checked! It's seriously FLAWED period!

dblbarj
12-22-11, 06:00 AM
Agree. Hate the forced mass gifting. I don't have time to uncheck hundreds of nbrs so can't give specidpfic gifts. It's better to force people to fill in the checks if they want to do std gifts. Better yet, make it an option when the gift screen comes up.

pastrychef17
12-22-11, 07:47 AM
Oh and the same for gifting in RS... I just tried to send a specific requested part to 4 people... I UN-checked everyone else... I even slide back up and make sure that everyone is un-checked. I submit it and next thing I know, 30+ people are now grayed out, because they just got SENT that one part... even though they were UN-checked!

I have the same bug. Unchecked all the neighbors I didn't want to send a particular part to because I was going to send them different parts they had asked for but, even though they were unchecked, that part went to all of them because I can't gift them anymore. Whatever they were trying to fix broke something else that wasn't actually broken. I'm sure the devs work hard but don't you guys have any QA people?

ginrae22
12-22-11, 09:02 AM
I also strongly dislike that all neighbors are automatically selected. I used to think it was annoying to have to go through and check as many people as I wanted to ask but this is by far worse. Also, I am having an issue at least with BS Xmas. When I try to request items from neighbors it now always says cannot complete because I've already requested items from my neighbors however they are people who I am pretty positive I have not requested anything from... And I have deleted and re-uploaded both Xmas versions of BS and RS. I appreciate the advice however I doubt doing It again will fix it since it doesn't sound like its necessarily a glitch, rather a preference of the maintainers? Well just glad I can voice my opinion and my complaints.

Thank you.

12-24-11, 01:42 AM
pls add check box for 'all being selected'

12-24-11, 01:47 AM
We need to have a check box which allow user/player to select all their neighbor. When user/player need to send a gift to their neighbor the default will be unchecked all, then the user/player can select 1 or more their neighbor, the user/player also able to send to their neighbor by selecting a 'all selected'check box.

12-24-11, 08:46 AM
I HATE IT. The stupidest feature by far. Dumb idea, decrease productive but increase workload.

I just busted again twice today. One is to send and the other is request and both sent to all (or at least 80% of my list is gray out) even though I triple checked I unchecked those I neither want parts from nor want to send them that particular part and yet it all went through.

Now I wasted one day of gifting.

kooky panda
12-24-11, 08:54 AM
Okay guys, support looked into my games because my requests were being delayed and some not going where they needed to. I did have an issue.
I deleted all versions of farm, bakery and fashion and I just redownloaded the christmas versions.
This morning on Fashion I sent out 5 different items to different nbrs and so far I have gotten back all different items. I will be trying bakery and farm later this afternoon.

cast1532
12-24-11, 08:55 AM
I actually thought they wanted to make it difficult for us to accomplish the goals. TL always have something good but they mess it up with bugs and all that.

This wouldn't be a problem if people have less than one hundred neighbors. Seriously, in BS I have almost 600 neighbors that's a lot and I can't keep track who send me what. Sometimes I feel like deleting all my neighbors and start fresh. I would also like a de-select feature.

12-24-11, 11:41 AM
Let TL investigate and analyse which features is the best for their games.

bfq2001
12-25-11, 12:14 AM
in some cares, you would like/need "Select All". I would like to have an option for select/deslect all. If it's possible, the selection function should be depended on the screen; which means from which screen you are sending the gift or sending the request. --it's a design / user friendly issue.

bfq2001
12-25-11, 12:46 AM
in some cares, you would like/need "Select All". I would like to have an option for select/deslect all. If it's possible, the selection function should be depended on the screen; which means from which screen you are sending the gift or sending the request. --it's a design / user friendly issue. eg: when clicked "Gift" from nbrA's screen, at the Gift screen, it should be "ONLY" nbrA selected; for the request, the number of checked NBRa should be the same or less than the number of required parts or food. -- TL should have some good BAs and QAs

briguynv
12-26-11, 04:25 AM
I'm just sick of them saying the problems are fixed when they are NOT fixed! Sat night I unselected ALL but ONE, yet it sent the request to EVERYONE. Sun night, I unselected everyone but 4 people... AGAIN it sent it to EVERYONE! Totally WASTES all my requests, wastes what they send me because it won't store quest items. They keep saying "it's fixed, just delete & re-install"... DONE THAT SO MANY TIMES!!! Yet STILL keeps screwing up EVERYTHING! Trying to complete these quests takes 10 times longer than it should... so I am guessing the quests, holiday recipes, special appliances, etc will be gone well before we can finish everything! SO frustrating!

mimidori
12-26-11, 04:56 AM
I confirm it hasn't been fixed. It worked for me one-time only now it's select one sent to all. I may not complete goals and I am level 60+ and 100 neighbors. What about lower-level players?

12-26-11, 05:35 AM
in some cares, you would like/need "Select All". I would like to have an option for select/deslect all. If it's possible, the selection function should be depended on the screen; which means from which screen you are sending the gift or sending the request. --it's a design / user friendly issue. eg: when clicked "Gift" from nbrA's screen, at the Gift screen, it should be "ONLY" nbrA selected; for the request, the number of checked NBRa should be the same or less than the number of required parts or food. -- TL should have some good BAs and QAs
TL should employed a good of qualified BA and QA, unfortunately it hasn't currently. We can see the defect I'd it's apps (TL games), they keep changing the requirement based on the input from user, it seem like we are the tester, thy can listen or input from us but again they need to analyse whether it is compatible with their longterm planning.

Taischo
12-26-11, 05:44 AM
Sorry to say, but this does not work. I even tried: shut down - restart - delete both versions - shut down - restart - reinstall, but still all neighbors are selected when returning gifts.

xcellent
12-26-11, 08:20 AM
What i waste of request for one day if i only need one task request/material and will be sent to 55 nbrs :"(

Pls TL, fix this one! :-(

hellojazzii
12-26-11, 05:04 PM
i DESPISE this new feature as well; i like to send different gifts and requests to different neighbors. for the people that do like this new feature, why not put a "check all" or "uncheck all" option?

briguynv
12-27-11, 01:04 AM
Still screwed up on gifting also... I just sent a knob to ONE person who asked me to gift that... I unchecked the others listed (luckily I had already gifted MOST nbrs so there were only like 8 on the list)... but instead of sending the knob to ONE person that was checked, it sent to at LEAST 4-5 of them! ARGH!!! And the quests are the same! I'll never get to finish them before they remove them, because when I need 1-2 items in quests, it sends that request to 40 people! ARGH!! Yet they keep saying this bug is fixed... yeah right!

And yes, I've deleted & reinstalled too many times to count this past week! It's happening on RS mostly but also on BS, on both my iphone and itouch! Ridiculous!! They need to REMOVE this stupid all-check system that is totally SCREWED UP!!

xcellent
12-27-11, 10:24 AM
It's funny that the days we are venting our frustrations and annoyance in so many thread--- TL staff are enjoying their grand week (?) vacation!!! And before they get to fix all the bugs we wanted them to fix ASAP, the limit date has arrive! ........ And here we'll be again, complaining that we never had the chance to finish goals due to lateness of their action.... The only answer we could get is--- "we gave the date, there is nothng we can do" !!!

It's holiday people! Let everyone enjoy these days of celebration, TL Is not an exception... I am annoyed too with the bugs and issues they left us, but i have accepted, i wont be finishing this goal.. It's easier to accept that than to spoil my vacation..... Peace everyone!!!

ultrafrog
12-27-11, 12:09 PM
They don't care because they haven't seen a hit to their profits. We do a lot of complaining in the forums but then there's a gem sale and people line right back up and throw their money at TL. If more people stopped spending money until issues are fixed then things would actually get done.

The whole reason why goals are so frustrating is because it's not a very rewarding system.

The whole business with relying on neighbors for parts has never been a satisfying game mechanic. It wasn't fun for building constructibles and it wasn't fun for goals. I have a full set of 18 each easy stove/oven/grill and 18 drink machines but it took a long time to get there.

Why it's not fun?

We are limited to receiving parts from 20 neighbors a day.
We can only send out requests once per day.
We have no control over what parts we end up receiving and no way to see what parts neighbors are gifting.
We can't even see which neighbors are gifting so we are actually wasting a lot of time daily sending requests to neighbors that probably aren't even playing anymore.

The only s**** to this system is trying to guess how many requests to send to neighbors for one part vs. another. Like if I need 3 paints and 7 nozzles, I'd send more requests for nozzles vs. paint to try to balance out the parts I need.

Then at the end of the day when presumably all neighbors that actually play the game have had a chance to respond to my request I get to see if I can actually assemble my constructible. If not it takes another whole day to try to gather enough parts.

It's not fun at all to have to wait a whole day to collect one additional part to complete your constructible or progress with your goal. For a constructible it takes up a slot that could otherwise be making food.

Now TL adds a time limit on getting goals done which includes requesting parts SPECIFIC to a goal and not used anywhere else AND requires building new appliances THAT ONLY COOK ONE RECIPE and you can see the result. And on top of that we had part requesting bugs thrown into the mix. Can anyone say they had fun doing these goals?

I just feel sorry for you lower level players that are rushing to get this stuff done before it's all taken away.

greygull
12-27-11, 12:33 PM
Still screwed up on gifting also... I just sent a knob to ONE person who asked me to gift that... I unchecked the others listed (luckily I had already gifted MOST nbrs so there were only like 8 on the list)... but instead of sending the knob to ONE person that was checked, it sent to at LEAST 4-5 of them! ARGH!!! And the quests are the same! I'll never get to finish them before they remove them, because when I need 1-2 items in quests, it sends that request to 40 people! ARGH!! Yet they keep saying this bug is fixed... yeah right!

And yes, I've deleted & reinstalled too many times to count this past week! It's happening on RS mostly but also on BS, on both my iphone and itouch! Ridiculous!! They need to REMOVE this stupid all-check system that is totally SCREWED UP!!

I have reported this. Have you tried deleting the app, restarting your device, then reinstalling? Have you tried syncing with iTunes?

mimidori
12-27-11, 01:19 PM
We all did and it doesnt work. N.O.
Its crazy like saying 245 nbrs didnt receive.
It worked one day and I was able to split requests for 2 parts.
Then it doesnt it always send to all nbrs while I only want 1.
After that I wait days only to get a few out of 100+requests sent.

DaojinWildfire
12-27-11, 04:17 PM
Delete the normal version from your device and do not reinstall it. Reinstall just the Christmas version. Everything should be okay since the offline cache may have been shared.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

xcellent
12-27-11, 05:28 PM
Did all before i came here... But still the same - gift sent to all!

Can you add the limit to the gifting system? It' so hard to keep up with so many things we need...

12-28-11, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire
Delete the normal version from your device and do not reinstall it. Reinstall just the Christmas version. Everything should be okay since the offline cache may have been shared.

I lost count of how many times I did what was mentioned above and the problem is still there.

If it's not this story today then is another one! If it is not the send all issue even you triple checked you unchecked those you neither want to send to or request from then it is the sent back gift issue. The one way of getting around this is to send one at a time. And this isn't a full proof, FYI, it depends how neurotic the system is performing on that day. EVERYDAY FREAKING DAY...like they are taking turns on both iPad2 and iPhone4!!!

So suppose you have 10 same gifts sent to you and you want to send back to so naturally we would just uncheck those that didn't or haven't send us. If you do this chances are you will be sending ALL to those are available to accept gift for that day even you are meticulous in unchecking those boxes.

Suppose you've forty nbrs (which I doubt many have this low number of nbrs but to be on a conservative side I'd just keep this number low) and you have 10 Pumps/Spring/Motor piling on your feeds wall that you need to send back to. Of the 40 nbrs you've already sent 10 gifts within that 24hrs time frame so you would 30 boxes available to send which we won't know if they are ready to accept gift for that time until we try. So 10 gift back multiply 30 times of unchecking those boxes would come up to 300. Then you hop to another story, do that rinse and repeat...300 times. And if you play more than two stories....you go figure it out how "fun" gifting and requesting are!!!

I wonder if the programmers do play story games like regular users do (with tens or hundreds of nbrs) on a daily basis when they code this feature. Maybe it isn't their fault but certainly whoever thought of this feature and get it implement surely has his/her head bury in somewhere!

cindyc1988
12-28-11, 03:08 AM
I have to agree that the FUN has definitely been taken away from the games with all the problems!! And to think that they are going to pull the quests from people that have spent their money on these quests. It's really wrong!!!!!! The least to do is fix the gifting so some people have a chance ,as it stands now everyone should just quit instead of throwing their money away. It's too much of a struggle...especially for the ones that didn't get the quests until 2 weeks later. Love TL games really, but they are getting to be no fun

kmjnhh123
12-28-11, 06:20 AM
You lot a bunch of silly ppl, who the hell wants to select 1 friend by 1, i acutally stopped playing bs & rs caus of this, now it has that feature i am playing it agen, dont you dare take it away other wise im giving you lot a bad review, i review apps, and im almost at reviewing your app, and i also now got over ?40 on my app store, and im still not buying ure xmas party gems caus there a total rip off.......

mushroom79
12-28-11, 09:12 AM
You lot a bunch of silly ppl, who the hell wants to select 1 friend by 1, i acutally stopped playing bs & rs caus of this, now it has that feature i am playing it agen, dont you dare take it away other wise im giving you lot a bad review, i review apps, and im almost at reviewing your app, and i also now got over ?40 on my app store, and im still not buying ure xmas party gems caus there a total rip off.......

ok...I do agree to a certain extent about gifting. Select all default more convenient. but the thing is, in RS or BS, most people are building appliances and certain nbrs may post on your wall that they require a specific part. In that case, it may be better to be unchecked so we do not have to uncheck everything each time we want to gift our nbr their requested part as gift.

But not the request. The request page should not have all nbrs selected! because if we only need 10 of a certain item, we would probably just request from 20 out of our 100+ nbrs and then send the another 10 nbrs request for another item!

Compromise solution: gifting is all selected by default but request is all unchecked by default?

xcellent
12-28-11, 01:02 PM
It is more better to manually select whom and what to send just like in BS...... It is very time consuming to deselect all nbrs for each gift... I did not accept too much nbrs because of this pressure, and yet, TL actually did it to me (most players actually).....

DominaRed
12-29-11, 01:47 PM
Actually, I like the mass gifting feature they instituted. It allows me to send a lot of gifts quickly, multiple times in a day if I can. I usually have sent back to neighbors what they have sent to me, and can't do that as well with the mass gifting feature, but that's ok. Getting any kind of parts is good, and stew or chicken is also good too :) I do think a great compromise to this would be to allow us to respond individually to gifts that we've received, then when going into gift neighbors in the "social" tab, have a button on the neighbor list that says "select all" so that THEN we can mass gift the rest of the folks. Just a suggestion that I personally would love :)

gingertate
01-01-12, 12:04 PM
I play Bakery & Pets & Restaurant - Restuarant is the only one that makes you send gifts to everyone at a time. I do not like this - as different players need different things. Help!

Taischo
01-03-12, 08:40 AM

This does NOT work

ST4CoolGames
01-03-12, 01:16 PM
You lot a bunch of silly ppl, who the hell wants to select 1 friend by 1

Oh, please! By the same token, who the heck wants to deselect 1 friend by 1 when requesting parts for equipment or quests? This is fine for gifting but NOT for making requests. But if you like it; okay, fine, bully for you. But it seems the general consensus is that many people DON'T, including myself. That hardly makes those who loathe this feature "silly".

mimidori
01-04-12, 12:23 AM
Whether they are all selected and non-selected is similar to me, you have to click one-by-one at some point (if you have special requests from neighbours)
However with there being a request and gifting limit, I'd rather it is NOT selected, so I won't by accident click SEND and use it all up.

sumnboutme
01-04-12, 12:57 AM
I have reported this. Have you tried deleting the app, restarting your device, then reinstalling? Have you tried syncing with iTunes?

I have tried all of the above as well and it's still wonky. :(

TimeForACuppaTea
01-04-12, 02:37 AM
I don't like this feature either. The ONLY game it works well in is Fashion. There are only 4 gifting options so I often just send everyone the same thing. But in other games that have added parts for building things this doesn't work. Everyone wants something different. So it's a real pain to have to un-check everyone in order to send 1 gift. And requesting is equally a pain. I don't send a request to ALL my nbrs if I only need 4 or 5 of the item I'm requesting. I often have several different things I want to send requests for.

To make everyone happy I think they should simply allow you to "select all" or leave everyone unchecked. It's really not that difficult of a solution.

gamergl
01-05-12, 08:39 AM
When will this be fixed?

briguynv
01-06-12, 06:34 PM
As I posted elsewhere... this is NOT fixed, it still sends to UN-checked people. I have deleted regular versions, I have rebooted with NO games installed, then installed ONLY Xmas versions, I have synced to iTunes... I've done it ALL... yet it just did it again an hour ago... I UN-selected all but ONE person... it then sent it to everyone I unchecked! BEYOND ANNOYING!

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-06-12, 06:47 PM
Seems to me I can gift food to everyone and then if somebody has requested parts I can accept to send them and they still go. I do like e mass gifting but that's just me. :)

expressW
01-06-12, 07:32 PM
i would love this feature on my Androids. Im super lazy and not having to select my neighbours one at a time would be excellent.

TL, please dont not give this feature for Androids just because some IOS people are complaining.

vincenzagiovanna
01-08-12, 09:06 AM
I would like the option of selecting all rather than it being done for me. After I've sent out gifts to selected neighbors I don't mind sending 1 of the same thing to all the rest that don't have specific requests.

Tiny2101
01-08-12, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=lumri;188726]Remove the mass gifting feature on RS, please TL. At least add a "deselect all" button. +__+[QUOTE]

I agree, please either move the mass gifting or add a deselect button. Will this issue be resolved, if yes, when?

briguynv
01-09-12, 05:27 AM
i would love this feature on my Androids. Im super lazy and not having to select my neighbours one at a time would be excellent.

TL, please dont not give this feature for Androids just because some IOS people are complaining.

We're complaining mostly because even when we UNcheck people, it still sends that gift to them MANY times!! Also, when you only need to send a specific part to ONE person, and a different part to a second person, and a different part to a third person... that's 3 times where you have to sit and scroll and UNCHECK ALL the others! It now takes 10 times longer! So yeah, we're complaining! It just did it AGAIN to me a few mins ago! I was sending stew to most people, but UN-checked all the people that wanted parts... but it sent stew to EVERYONE!! Even the unchecked people! Very frustrating!

They are free to add a "check-all" button... just don't do it automatically! And worse, when we UNCHECK someone, don't send that gift!!! We unchecked them for a REASON!!

kattybell
01-09-12, 05:46 AM
We're complaining mostly because even when we UNcheck people, it still sends that gift to them MANY times!! Also, when you only need to send a specific part to ONE person, and a different part to a second person, and a different part to a third person... that's 3 times where you have to sit and scroll and UNCHECK ALL the others! It now takes 10 times longer! So yeah, we're complaining! It just did it AGAIN to me a few mins ago! I was sending stew to most people, but UN-checked all the people that wanted parts... but it sent stew to EVERYONE!! Even the unchecked people! Very frustrating!

They are free to add a "check-all" button... just don't do it automatically! And worse, when we UNCHECK someone, don't send that gift!!! We unchecked them for a REASON!!

For me I gift all the neighbors who want part first. So when I do that I uncheck everyone who has been checked and than check all the ones who want parts. I hit send and it'll say that Your gift has been sent but 5 of your friends didn't receive the gift. So that means 10 out 5 of my neighbors who wants parts didn't get that part since their maxed out on their gifts. Than I send the rest who want food, and the message will pop up the same. So those who want food that are maxed out for their gifts meaning they have received 20 or more won't get my gift.

xcellent
01-09-12, 05:52 AM

Got the same problem here! ..... And oh pls! Dont advise the uninstall and reinstall button here! And for sure, there are players who already reported this to support.....

So pls let us know the fix..... Thanks!

expressW
01-09-12, 06:02 AM
:o

Well, Androids don't have goals that we need parts it things for so really... That's an Ios problem.

But to see both sides of the story, I tried to do some fashion goals on my bf's iPhone and it was fine, I got two different parts back needed for two different goals. Wasn't too much of a hassle, would still rather have it than checking all 100 neighbors individually.

queentina3
01-09-12, 06:57 AM
:o

Well, Androids don't have goals that we need parts it things for so really... That's an Ios problem.

But to see both sides of the story, I tried to do some fashion goals on my bf's iPhone and it was fine, I got two different parts back needed for two different goals. Wasn't too much of a hassle, would still rather have it than checking all 100 neighbors individually.

We need the parts to make some appliances that have nothing to do with goals. I've been trying for 4 days now to get my drink machine built in RS but I'm still needing 3/4 of the parts and I'm on Android. Just because we don't have goals doesn't mean we don't need parts. Just saying.

I have a feeling many of my neighbors are iOS players as I'm still getting food for gifts when most know to send me parts, so this problem they are having with the "all neighbors checked" isn't just affecting them, it's affecting ALL players. :-(

xcellent
01-09-12, 07:57 AM
We need the parts to make some appliances that have nothing to do with goals. I've been trying for 4 days now to get my drink machine built in RS but I'm still needing 3/4 of the parts and I'm on Android. Just because we don't have goals doesn't mean we don't need parts. Just saying.

I have a feeling many of my neighbors are iOS players as I'm still getting food for gifts when most know to send me parts, so this problem they are having with the "all neighbors checked" isn't just affecting them, it's affecting ALL players. :-(

Love u mommy queentina! *o*........ Lol!

Yes, it does affect all players! I feel so embarrassed to see my nbrs writing repeatedly in my wall that they don't need food, or they dont need parts, or they need a particular part....... I dont mind (but i do mind :p) unchecking 50+ nbrs, as long as they get the parts/food they need..... But to uncheck and STILL have the item sent all?.... That is really annoying!

kooky panda
01-09-12, 09:38 AM

when I am trying to gets parts to build, I use the gift system to request parts, and I also send out to my nbrs (when they have not already sent me a gift)
the part that I want hoping they will send the same gift back.
If my nbr send me a gift first, I try to return to them the same gift. Or if my nbr send a request for a part, I accept and send that, they go and also send them
the part as a gift.
If I am just missing a few of one item to finish, I add to my post when I visit what I part I still need.
This helps me because most of my nbrs do respond to this.

bobbyrae
01-09-12, 09:42 AM
when I am trying to gets parts to build, I use the gift system to request parts, and I also send out to my nbrs (when they have not already sent me a gift)
the part that I want hoping they will send the same gift back.
If my nbr send me a gift first, I try to return to them the same gift. Or if my nbr send a request for a part, I accept and send that, they go and also send them
the part as a gift.
If I am just missing a few of one item to finish, I add to my post when I visit what I part I still need.
This helps me because most of my nbrs do respond to this.

This is pretty much my approach as well.

bobbyrae
01-09-12, 10:02 AM

This is the problem i am having. I can't always unselect all my neighbours to give one person one specific gift. But usually i will try to guve everyone whichever part they give me, leave all my food gifts till the end of the day and all those gving me food will receive the same food gift back. When i've finished this then everyone else gets a part that i really need.

queentina3
01-09-12, 12:31 PM
Kooky and bobbyrae, I do the same things but either my requests are being declined, the people are ignoring them, or they're not getting them. LOL

I may get lucky and have the machine built sometime this week, you never know. My poor customers must be dying of thirst by now! LMAO!!!!

briguynv
01-09-12, 08:20 PM
For me I gift all the neighbors who want part first. So when I do that I uncheck everyone who has been checked and than check all the ones who want parts. I hit send and it'll say that Your gift has been sent but 5 of your friends didn't receive the gift. So that means 10 out 5 of my neighbors who wants parts didn't get that part since their maxed out on their gifts. Than I send the rest who want food, and the message will pop up the same. So those who want food that are maxed out for their gifts meaning they have received 20 or more won't get my gift.

Doesn't matter what order I do it in... when it's screwing up, it's still a mess. Let's say I have 3 people who asked me for paint. So I go through and UNcheck all the other people, which takes FOREVER... trying to send paint to only those 3. Then I get a message telling me 53 didn't get it (even though I only have 45 neighbors, so it's already screwed up)... and then I look and it sent paint to 40+ of my neighbors!!

So either people get food they don't want... OR people get parts they don't want! Either way it's screwed up! The only way I can see this being fixed is removing the "Check-all" feature... and just offer a "select all" button, that we can CHOOSE to use if we want. But that way we don't have to UNCHECK people, wasting time... AND that way it won't send the wrong gifts to everyone!

briguynv
01-10-12, 04:13 AM
OMG... And it screws me AGAIN! I uncheck a handful of people... it still sends all of them the WRONG gift!! Oh and once again, only like 3 didn't get gifted... yet it SAID "47 didn't receive"... where the heck are they getting these ridiculous errors?? This is the WORST bug EVER! Maybe they are doing it on PURPOSE!! I am seriously thinking I have to quit RS... it's a NIGHTMARE and causes MORE stress than fun anymore!

I will give TL a LITTLE more time to FIX this ridiculous error! But for now, I'm going to send ALL my nbrs the SAME material... that of course means some won't get the part they want, and may upset those that want food... but I'm tired of trying to send multiple things, only to send EVERYONE the wrong thing anyway! But it really should NOT be this difficult or frustrating!

mcegg
01-10-12, 07:59 AM
I have a bigger problem since the update and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. No matter when I ask for a gift or a part, if it is after I have gifted someone (which is now everyone unless I uncheck them and even then they get the gift I did not mean to send them) it tells me I cannot ask becasue I have already asked my friends, even though I have not asked in days. Is anyone else having this issue. It only began when the program changed and everyone is now checked when gifting. mcegg

kattybell
01-10-12, 08:04 AM
Doesn't matter what order I do it in... when it's screwing up, it's still a mess. Let's say I have 3 people who asked me for paint. So I go through and UNcheck all the other people, which takes FOREVER... trying to send paint to only those 3. Then I get a message telling me 53 didn't get it (even though I only have 45 neighbors, so it's already screwed up)... and then I look and it sent paint to 40+ of my neighbors!!

So either people get food they don't want... OR people get parts they don't want! Either way it's screwed up! The only way I can see this being fixed is removing the "Check-all" feature... and just offer a "select all" button, that we can CHOOSE to use if we want. But that way we don't have to UNCHECK people, wasting time... AND that way it won't send the wrong gifts to everyone!

That sucks. :( I hope they fix it soon, I really do.

mimisarah
01-13-12, 02:39 PM
Why will you give me the option to UNcheck all my nbr if your system will decide how will get the gift!!!! And today I send request for motor only to half my nbrs, and the other half was for screw....guess what??? My 2nd half could not get the screw request because it says you already requested for the day (or what ever they say).....

So PLEASE CAN SOMEONE clear out things??? And my and thousands of people will just not wast our time uncheking because it does NOT work....

mimisarah
01-13-12, 02:39 PM
Its not how is who will get the gifts LOL sorry

mimisarah
01-13-12, 07:36 PM
OHhhh I am SO HAPPY just came back to my game, and had to gift in RS and ALL the boxes are UNchecked.......I LOVE YOU FOR REALLY HEARING......THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU mil gracias....������������������

Taischo
01-15-12, 02:57 PM
BIG THANKS for fixing this bug!!!

briguynv
01-17-12, 02:51 AM
It's fixed for gifting, finally... BUT not for requests... I just got screwed again. 66 neighbors... I left 12 checked, and UNCHECKED 54... yet it sent that part request to ALL 66 neighbors!! Screwed on part requests for 24 more hours again! Don't understand WHY it's not fixed for requests... why not do both at the same time?? They added both at the same time, why not remove both at the same time??? So frustrating!

pastrychef17
01-17-12, 10:17 AM
It's fixed for gifting, finally... BUT not for requests... I just got screwed again. 66 neighbors... I left 12 checked, and UNCHECKED 54... yet it sent that part request to ALL 66 neighbors!! Screwed on part requests for 24 more hours again! Don't understand WHY it's not fixed for requests... why not do both at the same time?? They added both at the same time, why not remove both at the same time??? So frustrating!

I fixed this bug for myself - I uncheck everyone and make sure the "send" button is grayed out. If I've unchecked everyone and the "send" button isn't grayed out/is still active, the bug is present. I force close out of the game, delete it, reinstall it, go back in to send a request, uncheck everyone again, verify again that the send button is inactive when everyone is unchecked (it always is after I delete and reinstall) then check the neighbors I want to send the request to and hit send. It's a total pain and only doable when you don't have a lot of neighbors but it works for me. And is an incentive not to add anymore neighbors.

DaojinWildfire
01-17-12, 04:46 PM
The pre-selection has been removed from the request menu, but this fix won't be applied until our next code push. No ETA on the next push, but soon.

vjrivers
01-18-12, 05:47 AM
I do wish that you would at least have a select all button since you did remove this feature. Some people who have hundreds of neighbors do not have the time or patience to go and gift each one individually...

Bal8
01-19-12, 10:50 PM
I'm with you, I love the mass gifting option, but then again I don't have hundreds of neighbors.

chocohk
01-19-12, 11:56 PM
I do wish that you would at least have a select all button since you did remove this feature. Some people who have hundreds of neighbors do not have the time or patience to go and gift each one individually...

exactly! my highest was 29x nbrs then I deleted and now down to 18x , still alot to uncheck when request parts!

psalms139
06-13-12, 07:25 AM
How can I get the little button that players can choose to either send requests/gifts to all neighbors at once? This would help so much as there are very few that ask for parts. I play on an acer tablet. I have fibromyagia so having to click every single person is very painful!

bobbyrae
06-13-12, 07:27 AM
How can I get the little button that players can choose to either send requests/gifts to all neighbors at once? This would help so much as there are very few that ask for parts. I play on an acer tablet. I have fibromyagia so having to click every single person is very painful!

There is no select all button available.

hornhonker
06-24-12, 09:00 PM
+1 on adding a "Select All" button on the Gift menu. I have something like 120 to 150 neighbours, and I can spend several minutes every day going through and selecting each one individually - it's a real pain and a waste of time.

Appreaciate that others may not want this as default behavior, but the option to do this at the top of the selection list would be much appreciated.

Thanks, HornHonker.

ellygator
12-19-12, 05:02 AM
I'd love if they selected all 375 neighbors for me... it's tiresome having to check them all one by one on such a tiny phone. But if people dislike that, then I'm fine with a button that i can click that allows me to check all my neighbors... that would make this game perfect.