PDA

View Full Version : New pre-checked gifting system is an extreme hassle

farmer1600
12-14-11, 03:39 AM
With 2 new machines in both restaurant and bakery story; my various neighbors are requesting all different types of parts.

Whenever I go to an individual neighbors' restaurant/bakery and try to send them the part they requested...ALL my neighbors boxes are checked which means that I have to uncheck all of them and very often...cannot even send the gift because the neighbor is 'maxed out'.

So; I tried waiting till they gifted me allowing the gift back option to come up - Again! I have ALL my neighbors boxes prechecked so have to uncheck all of them again - Even worse, the neighbor STILL can't receive the gift even though the gift back button pops up on my screen!

This is an incredible hassle not to mention extremely frustrating.

When players (not me) asked for a gift all option; that's what they wanted, an OPTION - This new method gives players no choice but to either gift all or manually uncheck all but 1 or 2 neighbors whenever they want to send specifically requested parts/gifts.

I'm very unhappy with this change.

farmer1600
12-14-11, 05:22 AM
correction! The gift all (pre-checked boxes) are not in bakery story; only restaurant and fashion.

please do not change bakery - thanks!

caprimom
12-14-11, 08:33 AM
Agreed. There should be some type of toggle to check all/uncheck all. Even before, for those who mass gift, they'd only have to check all the boxes one time. Now if I want to gift on an individual basis, I have to uncheck 500+ boxes every time I gift?! Not happening--the games are already a huge time suck but it was enjoyable. I'm not going to work that hard to play a game. Meh...guess everyone on my list gets stew or a random part they don't even need which sucks when you're trying to build the new machines.

sourlicorice2
12-14-11, 08:38 AM
I agree I hate it and hope they change it back. I'd rather have it the other way. I appreciate TL trying to listen and give us what we asked for but like farmer1600 said this is not quite what we meant.

xcellent
12-14-11, 08:41 AM
The players were asking for "gift all BUTTON"..... NOT pre checked gifting....
Seems TL misunderstood or got confused with the request.....

caprimom
12-14-11, 08:43 AM
Yeah, the effort is appreciated. I agree with that. But if it's not possible to toggle, then I'd rather have the old way back. Here's to sending screws to everybody on my nbr list until hopefully it changes.

tiancai17
12-14-11, 08:57 AM
A toggle button will be great, if not, please resort back before update - "uncheck/unselect all the neighbors."

pastrychef17
12-14-11, 09:44 AM
Agree with the above - this "fixed" something that wasn't all that broken and doesn't allow us the flexibility to manage different requests without going through a lot of unchecking. Yesterday I ended up with food gifts from neighbors who used to gift me parts but because of this new "feature" I ended up on their mass food gift list because they have a lot of neighbors and can't uncheck each one who doesn't want food. Nor do I expect them to but the end result is I'm probably going to delete anyone who mass gifts food because I don't want food gifts in my queue taking up space before I can decline it. Especially with new appliances to build and all I want are parts.

It would be better to copy Bakery's system where if you select a neighbor to gift, they appear at the top of the gift list and all the other neighbors who may be eligible to get a gift also appears but you have the option to CHECK their boxes, not have to uncheck them if you don't want to send them the same gift as the first neighbor.

Mindslicer
12-14-11, 02:53 PM
This must only be for iOS cuz I have android and I still have to manually click all my neighbors

ariesblu
12-14-11, 02:54 PM
This must only be for iOS cuz I have android and I still have to manually click all my neighbors
Yup it was one of the updates they received over the last few days.

imnotbernard959
12-14-11, 04:25 PM
the solution is simple. gift stew (or whatever) to all neighbors, then deselect those that request, then gift those neighbors parts.

farmer1600
12-14-11, 07:39 PM
Unrfortunately, if you have a large neighbor list like I do, that means a LOT of unchecking...several times a day just to get 1 requested part to 1 neighbor - I even tried going to their specific restaurant page and gifting from there but nope, alllll the boxes are still pre-checked with no option to uncheck them all - Even worse, very often the neighbor can't even receive the gift even though their gift box is lit up and the gift back option shows up under my messages - Makes no sense at all.

3 of of my other game apps have timer countdowns to let me know exactly how long before I can attempt an action that is on any kind of a timing system - I don't expect TL to do this but at the very least, pls. don't light up the gift boxes or show a gift back option if the person can't actually receive anything -

Pls. add an unselect as well as a check all select box.

3squares
12-14-11, 09:47 PM
Don't like the new gifting system. Want to be able to uncheck "gift all". This is more of a hassle than previous system!

tminutes
12-15-11, 06:26 AM
the solution is simple. gift stew (or whatever) to all neighbors, then deselect those that request, then gift those neighbors parts.

This would not work for me as my friends have different time zones-- therefore I receive requests throughout the day. Doing your solution would then not allow me to gift someone what they asked until the next gift reset.

tminutes
12-15-11, 06:31 AM
While it seemed like a good idea when I saw all friends selected when I went to gift, I have changed my mind.

I try to gift people what they need (if they post requests on either my wall or theirs) but now it has become tedious to do so. Even if I am at their place and click on gift it still auto selects everyone. So I have to uncheck all except one.

I would love to see a "Send to All" selection or an "Uncheck All" one. Seeing that it is a social game and we do have to ask for help I would really like to be able to give people what they need, not what is the easiest to send

Just a thought.

mcgee22
12-15-11, 06:54 AM
that doesn't seem to be the only problem w the gift all solution. From other threads I have read that ppl cannot request more than one part/quest at a time. So if you request 4 eggs, you requested them for everybody, even if u uncheck the boxes. This did not happen w the old system.

What I did notice in the bakery though is that I requested sugar, got 1 for one quest but for the other quest that required 2, it was ot fulfilled. Don't think that only 1 of my neighbors answered! Why can't the same gifts go for multiple quests?

tiancai17
12-15-11, 05:33 PM
The pre-checked system for all neighbors is very annoying and cumbersome.

mysticura
12-15-11, 07:11 PM
The pre-checked system for all neighbors is very annoying and cumbersome.

I totally agree with this...really hoping it will go back to the way it was.

dirigibl
12-16-11, 08:16 PM
Yes, this needs to be fixed with a toggle button for "select all". In the meantime, though, the Halloween edition still allows you to gift individually - so that's how I am getting around the the problem for now - going back and forth between Christmas and Halloween.