PDA

View Full Version : Length of time seems to have doubled for breeding and cross breeding

sarahaddicts
12-14-11, 12:52 AM
I put something onto breed last night and cross breed, the time said they'd be ready this morning, but all the time lengths seem to have doubled.

Ive also noticed that all the other animals times for cross breeding have doubled aswell, i had to abandon the animal cross breeding as it would have finished at midnight and since I read somewhere you have to place them within a certain time or they get sick I had no choice. Can't check if the just breeding have all doubled or not as I still have something breeding and I am Not paying gems to speed it up.

Is this a glitch in my game or have other people noticed this aswell?? I think it's a little unfair to change the times after you've put something on to breed.

57Speckman
12-18-11, 10:47 AM
This has just happened to me as well. I was breeding a baby Giraffe and cross-breeding a Bush Baby. I had only 4 hours left on the Giraffe and 5 hours for the Bush Baby. Now suddenly I have 22 hours and 9 hours left respectively. Anyone else have something like this happen???

floramina
12-18-11, 12:29 PM
The breeding time has MORE than doubled..i was breeding a kangaroo (9 hrs) and woke up to see it has 2 DAYS(!!) left to go! And to buy a second breeding nest will cost 199 gems!! Seriously, TL??

driftboutique
12-18-11, 02:47 PM
Yeah, this happened to me too. Does anyone have an open nest to see if the times are changed when you select the animal, or is this only happening to people who already had animals breeding? I'm going to lose a tree kangaroo... That's a lot of gems.

driftboutique
12-18-11, 09:29 PM
I wanted to add, when my koala came due according to the 9 hour breeding time, I received a notification that it was done. When I went timo my game, it said it had nine hours to go :(

pinkster73
12-18-11, 10:39 PM
Poor Mommy animals, being overdue sucks :p

driftboutique
12-19-11, 09:32 AM
Update: I was able to place my animals that doubled in time and see the breeding time for all the animals. They are indeed doubled. I would really like to hear from TL if this is a bug or an intentional decision. If its a decision, it's not one I agree with. The animals already took a very long time as it is. If i only have something to do every two days instead of several times a day, I am going to quit investing gems. It's just not worth it for me.

kooky panda
12-19-11, 09:47 AM
thanks Drift for the PM. I will flag this over.

seeun0104
12-20-11, 04:23 AM
mine too. among my friends, I'm the only one who doubled breeding time.

driftboutique
12-20-11, 09:08 AM
I really hope this is fixed soon. Most of my animals are 2 days or more to breed. The harp seal is TWO WEEKS o_O

kooky panda
12-20-11, 07:53 PM
Got word back and this is not a glitch . The timing has now changed .

driftboutique
12-20-11, 08:32 PM
Thanks for looking into this. I have to say I'm really disappointed. I don't mind having several items at 2 days or even a rare item at 7 days but I really liked having a mix of shorter breed times in there. It means that there's no reason for me to even play this game more often than a couple times a week. I really hope TL reconsiders this decision.

seeun0104
12-21-11, 08:07 PM
It doesn't fixed yet.
Yesterday I have C quest - 24h limited, complete 2 copybara and 2 baby copybara.
breeding copybara needs 1day. 2 baby means 48h

sad

pinkster73
12-21-11, 08:14 PM
It doesn't fixed yet.
Yesterday I have C quest - 24h limited, complete 2 copybara and 2 baby copybara.
breeding copybara needs 1day. 2 baby means 48h

sad

It's not being fixed. It was done on purpose

333sandy
12-24-11, 12:17 AM
I'm not at all happy over the long breeding times, I have no reason to go back to the game for 5 days now that I put a baby orangutan in for breeding. I realize that with the short breeding times, people were getting through the game far too quickly, but now it's too far on the reverse side, which makes it boring.
The game itself was very well made, graphics are wonderful, very cute and was fun at the start.
The problem with this game and pet story is that they didn't follow the patterns of the successful story games, of a shop style.
I'm not sure how this could have worked with zoo, but definitely with pet store. There is a definite end to this game. Once your land is full, it's full. Once all the babies have eventually been bred, there is an end. No point bringing out new animals without room to add them.
Maybe you could think of an adoption system, where you sell the babies and have to breed new ones, this would keep the game going instead of an early death.
On a good note, again, well done with the cuteness and the graphics.

iusedtobedigusr
12-24-11, 12:44 AM
TL's motto Hey, guys we have something good here, Now Let's find every way we can to suck the fun out of it.

farmer217
12-24-11, 01:26 AM
I went from 65+ nbrs with TONS more asking each time they toured. And some really beautifully designed zoos. Now I have less than 30 because of lack of touring. I'm hoping it's just Christmas, I'm going to take off the next few days off. The breeding time takes just waaaay too long, and no opportunity to buy an extra nest for cash. Snoozefest!

Hoping next weeks update (was there one in zoo2?) is great!

Merry Christmas all!
Treefarmer217 in zoo2

iusedtobedigusr
12-24-11, 01:47 AM
Partially Christmas, But since change in times, I have breeding asking to abandon or revive( for Gems) before the timer was even up to finish breeding. So I think people are just disgusted. No one wants a pet or animal to die and if knew how long exactly maybe but when it gets into 3-5 day range, Cmon people do have a life outside of TL. And sorry if I don't set alarm for 5 days from now to make sure grab before it costs me gems to revive 5 minutes after born.

FlameyHawk
12-24-11, 09:18 AM
TL's motto Hey, guys we have something good here, Now Let's find every way we can to suck the fun out of it.

This is not what they try to do.
This game was just released.
Give it some time.

jemmamarxclose
12-28-11, 05:06 PM
Me too! My ring tail lemur has just changed from half a day to 2 days! Only have one nest so this is spanner in the works for me.

jemmamarxclose
12-28-11, 05:11 PM
If 2 days is on purpose, then it's ****. I have no reason to play regularly now. Takes a day to build an extension, so I'm now just watching the hours tick by. Boring :(

iusedtobedigusr
12-28-11, 05:28 PM
This is now just plain freaking ridicules. To BREED a Harp Seal is now 14 days!!!!

pinkster73
12-28-11, 05:47 PM
This is now just plain freaking ridicules. To BREED a Harp Seal is now 14 days!!!!

That is ludicrous. People will get bored of the game and quit before their animals are ready

iusedtobedigusr
12-28-11, 05:55 PM
That is ludicrous. People will get bored of the game and quit before their animals are ready

Like I posted in another thread, It's like TL wants us to leave. These new times will give me alot of time to explore the millions of apps in the app store that don't use underhanded practices and if find enough TL can take their app's and stick where sun never shines. If wasn't for some of my neighbors and time I invested already I'd have been long gone when Ad BS and added Gem Traps started.

iusedtobedigusr
12-28-11, 06:00 PM
If 2 days is on purpose, then it's ****. I have no reason to play regularly now. Takes a day to build an extension, so I'm now just watching the hours tick by. Boring :(

You must not be too far into game yet. It Becomes 2 days for every extension and I'm not thru them all so that may even increase.

cupcakes4cece
12-28-11, 07:08 PM
My newest expansion is going to take four days. :-(

uwantoplay
12-28-11, 11:52 PM
Each one of my expansions were 4 days. It was just this past week they dropped to 2 days. It got smaller for me instead of longer. I wish they would address the overpriced animals!! $1.8Million for a Big Horned Sheep and over $1Million to Xbreed an Iguana and Toad. I am nearly to level 30 and would never be able to get enough money gathered up to breed or purchase 2 of these animals!! Not when you only collect several hundred dollars from each habitat maybe once or twice a day. Also, why only get to tour 5 times with neighbors instead of the 10. Once you reach the high levels, you don't even need the gifts. Say way in Pet. TL needs to adjust the WAY overpriced amounts and start trying to extend both games past their current ending levels!

333sandy
12-29-11, 12:24 AM
I've had enough, breeding times doubled, babies being lost, I sold everything and deleted the app. Just for your information, each family of animals, even completely updated, gave me between 9 and roughly 25 coins per set. Even the animals which cost gems paid around 15 coins for the family. Bye bye zoo friends.

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 01:54 AM
The capybara quest became impossible. My sister passed it with no problems earlier on before the breeding times changed. Me, on the other hand... I have 19 hours to breed two capybara babies, and it takes 12 hours to breed each one. How unfair is that?

nmishii
12-29-11, 02:28 AM
The capybara quest became impossible. My sister passed it with no problems earlier on before the breeding times changed. Me, on the other hand... I have 19 hours to breed two capybara babies, and it takes 12 hours to breed each one. How unfair is that?

This one is most likely a bug. When they increased the breeding time they forgot to increase the time you had to breed. You can report this to support@teamlava.com. Or a mod or TL employee should do something when they read this. Might also happen with other animals.

rainwai9
01-01-12, 01:06 AM
my id is rainwai9, when i finish breeding my fennec fox, it suddenly double my breeding time, i need to wait another 5hours to breed. why? it is the second time have error.

iusedtobedigusr
01-01-12, 01:19 AM
I make no promises but read this thread.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22127-Out-of-sync-issues

jenbeaum
01-01-12, 04:55 AM
Not sure if my problem is baby kidnapping or double breeding time but after loosing 3 babies over Christmas I thought I'd put a harp seal to breed while you sorted out the bug! Bad idea! It was ready this morning but when I tapped to place it disappeared and the nursery has a new one set off for another 4 days! I can't cancel the seal at all. I have deleted and reinstalled and nothing has happened apart from wing stuck for another 4 days!
My son on an iPod successfully placed a baby this morning so is this just an ipad2 problem now?
Would like to say although this baby thing is driving me nuts, I do like the way neighbours drop to the bottom of the list when you clean, makes life much easier when cleaning and touring!

jenbeaum
01-01-12, 04:56 AM
My harp seal on iPad is 4 days but has just reset for another 4!!!!!!!

SilentOwl
01-01-12, 06:47 AM
I'm glad I checked the forums or I would have gone all day thinking I was crazy. I have been playing for exactly a week now, I'm level 18, and I haven't had this problem until today. I thought maybe it was due to the year change but it seems it's been going on for awhile now...
Anyway, I always plan for my baby animals to be ready when I wake up in the morning, or at least close to it. Last night I started breeding a Walrus and crossbreeding a Tasmanian Devil. Well, when I woke up expecting them both to be finished, the Walrus had 15 hours left and the Tasmanian Devil had 5 hours left. What's strange is that they both have the exact same number of minutes and seconds left, and I know I didn't put them in at the same time, so they must have somehow reset at the same time.
I'm upset now because I won't be able to finish my Capybara quest and get that nice extra 4,000 coins and 600 xp. ): TL please fix this error!

babycakes23
01-01-12, 08:33 AM
I cannot believe this is happening again! It happened a few days ago & I lost out on the capybara goal due to the inability to place the babies. Without any acknowledgement from TL, it seemed fixed. Guess not, as I just placed a baby walrus only to discover it wasn't there & needed 10 more hours. And now my nursery is tied up since I can't cancel to breed something else. Team Lava, you are making this game exceedingly frustrating and the lack of acknowledgement of this issue from you is appalling.

iPod, latest update.

iusedtobedigusr
01-15-12, 09:49 AM
I just calculated what my zoo needs for breeding time and coins, Just to finish out what I have now, not counting anything added.

Currently have 69 Habitats, 30 of which are Totally complete counting upgrades, and only coin ones since won't buy Gems.
Only missing the Sloth and Jackrabbit since major coinage to get and the 2 new Crossbreeds (Spectacled Bear and Wildebeests).

As of right now it will take over 125.5 days to breed everything else I have left if non-stop breeding and start next breed as soon as last one finished. At a cost of 1,096,790 coins, This is just the breeding cost, not counting the 2 expensive upgrades.

cakeandpie
01-17-12, 09:47 AM
I am pretty sick of the breeding time changes. When you can only breed one animal at a time, these long breeding times leave you with not a lot to do, and yet TL keeps lengthening the breed times.