PDA

View Full Version : gems?

sb2378
12-13-11, 03:45 PM
Is there any way to earn gems? It doesn't seem there is and yet many of the actions that the goals require cost gems. I have never been required to spend money on TL games in order to enjoy them and this seems like a deviation from that. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks!

jonnypopins
12-16-11, 01:02 AM
I sure hope so. I just started playing ZS2.
Not opposed to buying gems. But don't wanna fund the whole world to have a few animals. :)
I stopped playing ZS1 after it got so gem happy, you couldn't do anything. I know in the other games like rs and bs you can master items and win a gem or 2. If there isn't anything like that here.
I'll probably stop playing this Zoo Story version too! :(

Liberty46
12-17-11, 03:29 AM
I agree with jonnypopins .... There's no way to earn gems and yet lots of the actions require gems. Even the goals are pretty pointless as gems aren't offered as prizes :0(

donnapetersen
12-17-11, 10:35 PM
I lost 9 gems apparently by crossbreeding. I wanted to cancel and actually hit the cancel but nope 9 gems gone..TL is getting greedy

Chihuahua81
01-19-12, 05:23 PM
There actually are a few ways to get gems without actually spending real money on them. The farther along in the game get, more goals come up. A few of those goals offer gems as prizes. Otherwise though, sorry you gotta buy 'em!

cakeandpie
01-19-12, 07:33 PM
There are three tasks that reward gems. Two of them reward 2 gems, and one rewards 5 gems. That is it, at least that anyone has found.

It is definitely disappointing that there isn't any kind of mastery or other way to earn gems as so many animals and crossbreeds cost gems.

Miquilis
01-20-12, 03:12 PM
There actually are a few ways to get gems without actually spending real money on them. The farther along in the game get, more goals come up. A few of those goals offer gems as prizes. Otherwise though, sorry you gotta buy 'em!

All the goals I've seen that offer gem rewards to complete, except for one, require you to spend more gems to complete it than you are rewarded with. Breed a Liger is a goal the rewards gems but costs more gems to actually complete. Breed a Griffon is another. Have you seen any other goals that reward gems but don't cost gems to complete?

Lucy3580
01-25-12, 08:07 AM
The only goals that I have seen require a lot more gems to complete than you get in return

There is still no way to earn gems and I spend all the ones I had on upgrading habitats before it was changed that you could do this with coins

Team Lava please respond do you intent to introduce a way to gain gems without spending gems

pinkbarbie123
01-25-12, 09:57 PM
There are way too many items in this game that require gems. I won a few at the beginning but I had to use gems to win some gems. I've only been playing zs2 for like 3 weeks and I'm out of things to buy that cost coins. Every 3 days I get to play it for 2 minutes. It takes about that long to breed something and you only have one breeding nest.

berberry87
03-02-12, 08:15 AM
i also have a very big problem with how many things cost gems in ZS2, i also play pet shop story and not nearly as much things cost so many gems. im not even at the max level yet but if i wanted to get all the animals for my zoo(which is the point to having an awesome zoo) id have to spend about 400.00 on gems just to get all of them, im only at lvl 23 so i have a bit still to go so who knows how much it would cost me, the gem/coin ratio is good in pet shop, and id like to see it in zoo story too, even if they make some animals over 100k coins, id still rather collect everyday and know ill get them eventually instead of spending my hard earned money on them. plz consider this team lava!

Dragon_cdk
03-03-12, 08:15 AM
Yeah, TL is greedy on this game, and there are a lot of gem traps, where lag might make a screen pop up, then the 6 taps you've already made end up buying a stupid mystery box (I've bought 3 accidentally). Anyway, that's why I stopped buying gems - I've basically given TL $20 that I didn't want to (there's no confirmation when you buy with gems, even though there is when you buy something with coins - weird eh? ;) ) Anyway, start shooting for the 350k+ critters like Sloth and Jackrabbit. I have 2 jackalopes in the zoo right now to round out my mythical creature section (Minotaur, Flying Monkey, and Lunar Dragons as well). I threw my tarantulas in there since they are the only ones I've found with the same "scary forest" environmnet as the flying monkeys.

saintlover
03-04-12, 07:42 AM
... I have 2 jackalopes in the zoo right now to round out my mythical creature section (Minotaur, Flying Monkey, and Lunar Dragons as well). I threw my tarantulas in there since they are the only ones I've found with the same "scary forest" environmnet as the flying monkeys.

The ghost and werwolf from the halloween mystery box and the vampire bat also have that background. Got lucky With the mystery boxes but haven't plonked down the 149 gems for the vampire bat and don't think I will either. But those 3 match nonetheless.