PDA

View Full Version : Turducken Fryer and Chestnut Roaster

marrrina
12-13-11, 12:59 PM
After the new update to RS this morning I saw two new appliances to build: turducken fryer and chestnut roaster. Unfortunately I'm unable to buy either :( When I click them I get a pop-up that says 'Hooray! Build your own...etc.' but when I click 'ok' I am given no option to place the fryer or roaster. I have restarted the app, reinstalled the app, restarted my devices, etc. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Using iPhone 4 with the latest software.

kattybell
12-13-11, 01:08 PM
My neighbor has mentioned that they can't place the appliances.

driftboutique
12-13-11, 01:13 PM
I have has this problem with a bunch of constructible appliances. Make sure when you are tapping the menu item, you tap close to the top of it, away from the hammer. This should give you the option to place it instead.

I was able to place both new appliances this way. Hope that helps :)

marrrina
12-13-11, 01:19 PM
I don't even get the hammer to appear :( I had the same issue with the sushi counters when they first came out and I had to do the hammer trick to place them, but in this case no hammer at all.

marrrina
12-13-11, 01:20 PM
Eek! Nvm! It worked :)

jj486
12-13-11, 01:30 PM
I can buy them and build without any problem. in fact, I already finish one of the chestnut mashine and one of the Turducken Flyer. but I do see the problem that asking the parts from nbrs. It will said unable to send requests to my nbrs because I already sent it today while I wasn't. So, I just use the parts that I have been saving to build them. Just have to be careful when u place them do not click the "info". the chestnut are for 4hrs recipe. and the turducken are 2hrs recipe. or u can add me and take a look at it.id jj486

laurie20
12-13-11, 01:32 PM
I had a hard time with this as well. This what you do. When you select your appliance do not touch the area that says new, touch the above that area instead and then you will not get the pop up instead you will be able to put tha appliance in your restaurant. Hope that helps you out.

kooky panda
12-13-11, 02:59 PM
I can buy them and build without any problem. in fact, I already finish one of the chestnut mashine and one of the Turducken Flyer. but I do see the problem that asking the parts from nbrs. It will said unable to send requests to my nbrs because I already sent it today while I wasn't. So, I just use the parts that I have been saving to build them. Just have to be careful when u place them do not click the "info". the chestnut are for 4hrs recipe. and the turducken are 2hrs recipe. or u can add me and take a look at it.id jj486
the issue of the unable to send requests has been reported. I had this in bakery and Fashion, but I am getting parts back.(slowly).

jay1314
12-13-11, 04:04 PM
After the new update to RS this morning I saw two new appliances to build: turducken fryer and chestnut roaster. Unfortunately I'm unable to buy either :( When I click them I get a pop-up that says 'Hooray! Build your own...etc.' but when I click 'ok' I am given no option to place the fryer or roaster. I have restarted the app, reinstalled the app, restarted my devices, etc. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Using iPhone 4 with the latest software.

Mine was doing the same thing just tap it a couple times and it will work

littlemisshazel
12-13-11, 06:42 PM
I lost my goals upon completing the building n cooking requirements.. Aft I finish cooking the 25 cheese sandwiches it just disappeared I didn't rmb requesting for the chicken n beef at all.. So is that it? Or am I expecting to get anything more den the fryer, toaster, coins n exp.. But Chillby did not unlock AppleCidar for me! So I'm not there yet am I? Puzzled~

barleycoon
12-14-11, 12:34 PM
I too am having problems, I can't get past the first screen to place either turducken fryer or the chestnut roaster.
I have tried so many times, I have left plenty of room. I've tried force closing the app, restarting my devices, deleting the app and redownloading. I've tried on both the original RS and the Christmas RS, same issue on both. I recieved the goals to place on my iPod, but still I can't place.
iPod version 4.2.1 game version 1.4.1
Ipad2 version 5.0.1 game version 1.4.1
Some of my nbrs are also having issues, I'd be really grateful for help in resolving this. Thank you.
I'll post a SS below of the screen I get, but still it won't place.

barleycoon
12-14-11, 12:34 PM
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/milliemay1/d6d29c1c.jpg

marrrina
12-14-11, 12:46 PM
Click okay, then select the icon in the menu above and to the left of the hammer. That's the issue I was having but this method allowed me to place them.

barleycoon
12-14-11, 12:50 PM
Click okay, then select the icon in the menu above and to the left of the hammer. That's the issue I was having but this method allowed me to place them.

Thank you so much for your advice, even when I click okay and tap to place the appliances. Nothing appears, no matter how many times I try or leaving loads of room. I also tried tapping all over the icon for the appliances, and nothing happens.

GroupMagma
12-14-11, 12:50 PM
Tapping the hammer is informational text explaining how the constructables work. Tapping that box other than the Hammer should let you place the items.

barleycoon
12-14-11, 12:52 PM
Thank you, I've tried tapping the box, the same as how I place all appliances and nothing happens.

barleycoon
12-14-11, 01:39 PM
I've tried again on both devices, I even tried tapping in different places on the floor. Still nothing, I can place all the other appliances on both with no issues at all. It's so strange.

kitthecat
12-14-11, 09:56 PM
I lost my goals upon completing the building n cooking requirements.. Aft I finish cooking the 25 cheese sandwiches it just disappeared I didn't rmb requesting for the chicken n beef at all.. So is that it? Or am I expecting to get anything more den the fryer, toaster, coins n exp.. But Chillby did not unlock AppleCidar for me! So I'm not there yet am I? Puzzled~

Same thing happened to me, I finished de goal with a new drink which require building an appliance, few omelette and 2 chicken. Got some coins n xp, but NO drink!! A new goal appeared without unlocking the goal for the finished quest. Am i doing de right thing here??????

greygull
12-14-11, 10:14 PM
Some quests will only award coins and XP, while some quests will unlock the new recipes. You may have to complete the smaller quests in order to reach the quests that do unlock the recipes.

Posted http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20968-Have-completed-one-of-the-goals-but-no-recipe-is-unlocked&p=186888#post186888

Tiny2101
12-15-11, 03:48 PM
I have a different issue with the Turducken-Fryer & Chestnut Roaster. I have to pay 24 diamonds to get these new appliances. I get the message "You have reached the maximum number of appliances. There are no more appliances."
It does not tell me what the next level I need to reach in order to buy more appliances.

greygull
12-15-11, 04:01 PM
I have a different issue with the Turducken-Fryer & Chestnut Roaster. I have to pay 24 diamonds to get these new appliances. I get the message "You have reached the maximum number of appliances. There are no more appliances."
It does not tell me what the next level I need to reach in order to buy more appliances.

They're 24 gems for you? I will flag that part over to a CM, seeing if that's correct.

What level are you? There's only 18 appliances slots to unlock, the last one is level 73. Is it possible the purchase of an additional slot is 24 gems, and the appliance is for coins? You can try storing one appliance, and placing either the fryer or the roaster.

Tiny2101
12-15-11, 06:23 PM
Thanks, yes they are gems. I am at level 75. The last time I stored an appliance, I had to pay 24 Gems to get it back. I received an email stating that this was a bug and they were working to resolve it, but I still had to pay to get my stove back from storage.

greygull
12-15-11, 06:39 PM
Thanks, yes they are gems. I am at level 75. The last time I stored an appliance, I had to pay 24 Gems to get it back. I received an email stating that this was a bug and they were working to resolve it, but I still had to pay to get my stove back from storage.

Do you still have that email from them? I would suggest to reply back to it, asking for an update, and letting them know it happened again.

wardos
12-16-11, 03:15 AM
Any chance for TL raising the limit for number of gifts received in a day - just over the xmas period while we have new appliances to build (plus some goals involving appliances that need to be built?). E.g. I only have 1 fryer, roaster and drinks machine...no chance of mastering food + successfully completing some goals (10 Root Beers at 5 hrs each!) unless am able to receive more parts a day! Pretty pleeeease? As it's xmas?! :)

yummydedumdum
12-16-11, 03:43 AM
If you tap on the cooker real fast before the message appears, then you can build it, but you have to be fast. Just keep trying and be sure you have plenty of space because you have to be super fast.

toshiab
12-16-11, 08:27 AM
When will this be available for android users?

barleycoon
12-16-11, 09:04 AM
I had the same probem Tiny. I was maxed on my appliances. I stored one of my stoves and then it let me buy the fryer. Hope this helps.

I had terrible issues with these appliances, I was only able to place mine after receiving the goals. I tried countless times, and was unable to place anywhere. I feel, we have to tap alot harder with some appliances too. Could try restarting your device, that also helped me with my iPod. Let us know, if you're still having issues with them.

ultrafrog
12-16-11, 09:30 AM
If you tap on the cooker real fast before the message appears, then you can build it, but you have to be fast. Just keep trying and be sure you have plenty of space because you have to be super fast.

You should be real careful with tapping anything fast in this game or you will end up with very few gems and no refund available.