PDA

View Full Version : Android not getting new appliances

capri1227
12-13-11, 11:08 AM
This is an issue with BS and RS. While the ios users have the new appliances once again the Android users get nothing. I mean we still don't even have the sushi counters while apple users keep getting new xmas items. Are we even going to get them before Christmas ? This is really not fair to Android users at all. We haven't even gotten collectibles or badges. When will these issues ever be fixed?

Faufiffon
12-13-11, 11:34 AM
So can you confirm we don't have the 2 new appliances on Android? Can't see for myself because like a lot of people, RS force closes right after opening.

Bahaqueen
12-13-11, 11:35 AM
Perhaps we NEVER will...Android is beneath TL :((

capri1227
12-13-11, 01:11 PM
This is an issue with BS and RS. While the ios users have the new appliances once again the Android users get nothing. I mean we still don't even have the sushi counters while apple users keep getting new xmas items. Are we even going to get them before Christmas ? This is really not fair to Android users at all. We haven't even gotten collectibles or badges. When will these issues ever be fixed?

I have went back into RS and BS and I still don't have the new appliances. Maybe like Bahaqueen says we might never get it. Frustrating......

nmishii
12-13-11, 01:18 PM
I don't have the new appliances either on RS or BS. I think there are 2 appliances in each game. All I have is Morning Glory to cook in RS and nothing in BS.

They have given us all the weekly content items but none of the constructables or items from tasks and goals. I think that is there intent, but I hope I'm wrong.

I looked at the force close crash data. I think the force closes we are getting is because iOS neighbors are sending us requests for items, like maybe sugar, that we don't have and we are force closing since the game doesn't recognize these as valid requests.

So instead of constructables, tasks, and goals, TL gave Android users force closes.

ariesblu
12-13-11, 01:31 PM
There are new appliances in BS, RS and now Fashion story that ios users now have access to.

Faufiffon
12-13-11, 03:27 PM
OMG, will you please stop whining! Are you really not aware of how difficult it is to create things that are compatible with Android and all of the different phones????? One of these days I'm going to check out how many games are available for Droid. I'm willing to bet that there are not a lot because of this very problem. All of these games were invented and created for IOS. It's a very new technology. Now comes Droid, with not just a different platform, but many different phones and they have to be made compatible for ALL of them! It's just not an easy thing to do. Give TL some credit for trying. A lot of game devs won't even bother because it is too complex.

Thanks for your post Julia. No, really.

julia3032
12-13-11, 03:40 PM

Thanks Faufiffon. I don't mean to be rude and I'm sorry if I was. It's just that I've been in this situation when Windows had it all over Apple with computer gaming. I wished devs made more games for Apple, but when my kids wanted computer games, eventually we got a Windows computer for them. It took bloody years and years before we had anywhere near the software Windows did. That was the big trade off at the time. I chose Apple but I also knew the limitations and accepted it. Even tho I have an IPhone, I am thinking of getting an IPad for my games. I'm going blind with this little screen!

Faufiffon
12-13-11, 03:50 PM
Thanks Faufiffon. I don't mean to be rude and I'm sorry if I was. It's just that I've been in this situation when Windows had it all over Apple with computer gaming. I wished devs made more games for Apple, but when my kids wanted computer games, eventually we got a Windows computer for them. It took bloody years and years before we had anywhere near the software Windows did. That was the big trade off at the time. I chose Apple but I also knew the limitations and accepted it. Even tho I have an IPhone, I am thinking of getting an IPad for my games. I'm going blind with this little screen!

Well to be honest I found the word 'whining' a little bit disrespectful but that probably wasn't your intention so it's ok. Don't forget that some people here (including me) spent money in this game. We would like to feel it has been well spent...

capri1227
12-13-11, 04:54 PM
Well to be honest I found the word 'whining' a little bit disrespectful but that probably wasn't your intention so it's ok. Don't forget that some people here (including me) spent money in this game. We would like to feel it has been well spent...

I agree with you 100%. It's not like they haven't done it before for example deep fryer was let out the same time as ios users. It can be done.

julia3032
12-16-11, 08:58 AM
Dear Android Users,

I want to apologize to all Android users for any remarks I have made that offended you. It really was not my intention. I still believe that there are problems in trying to reproduce some functions for Android, but I was also shown a thread which shows that TL uses marketing stats in their decisions about what to release to Droid (and probably IOS users too sometimes). If that is the case, then parity should not be an issue for most things. I know that they roll out updates, but now with the goals, Android didn't get them and there doesn't seem to be any reason for that. In any event, as it has been stated, if you are going cross platform then you should put out a proper product. Unfortunately, none of us get much that is "proper", this last update is a mess. Again, I apologize for any remarks that have been hurtful.

toshiab
12-16-11, 09:09 AM

In reviewing the ?concerns? about android updates, I find that it is very easy to take someone?s concern and turn it into a complaint or even say we are whining. It just a simple concern or question. Let?s not turn this into a battle of IOP vs Droid. This is a matter of answering a question that I am pretty sure every Droid user is probably wondering about: When can we have the update? Bottom line?
It?s not a matter of whining or your perception of a question asked. A question or concern was asked and your answer of insulting the public who actually supports this forum or game is unethical.
Explaining about the difficulties of vamping a new game for Droid users is oaky, but to add insult to your response is unwelcome. The concern is a valid concern as we DO invest our money time and effort into this game and would like to see a reasonable response or solution to a problem that has been brought to your attention. I would not discredit your position but simply wish the team well in discovering new ways to improve this app for Droid users. There can be a common ground when which everyone can agree to disagree but to add a personal insult to the people who actually support your company is a bit much. As I play this game every single day, and if I were to have a question or concern, I would expect some type of resolution as monies are being spent. With all of this being said, is there a certain time frame to which Team Lava expect Droid users to have use of new appliances?
Kindly,
ToshiaB

julia3032
12-16-11, 09:21 AM
In regard to your post, if you are referring to my original statement, please see my apology above. I do not work for TL. I am usually the last person to defend them, but if they do something good, I do try to give credit where it is due.

pinkster73
12-16-11, 09:48 AM
Dear Android Users,

I want to apologize to all Android users for any remarks I have made that offended you. It really was not my intention. I still believe that there are problems in trying to reproduce some functions for Android, but I was also shown a thread which shows that TL uses marketing stats in their decisions about what to release to Droid (and probably IOS users too sometimes). If that is the case, then parity should not be an issue for most things. I know that they roll out updates, but now with the goals, Android didn't get them and there doesn't seem to be any reason for that. In any event, as it has been stated, if you are going cross platform then you should put out a proper product. Unfortunately, none of us get much that is "proper", this last update is a mess. Again, I apologize for any remarks that have been hurtful.

No worries. And you can just post the group hug link if people still hassle you ha ha

nmishii
12-16-11, 09:59 AM
Yes, no worries. And everyone, everything is okay now. Julia and I are neighbors in our games now. And I'm picky about my neighbors and keep a low count of them.