PDA

View Full Version : Huge bug in gifted food items

Cafe PooPoo
10-22-10, 12:31 AM
If you collect more than one gift of the same typd, they will stack in your gifts box, i.e.: 2 batches of 150 stew, but when you place this stack you only get 150!!! The rest is gone from your gift box and not in the restaurant anywhere!



You can work around it by only accepting one of any type at a time, then placing it in your restaurant before acceptin another, but this is still a significant bug that needs to be addressed.

deadpix
10-22-10, 03:29 AM
If you collect more than one gift of the same typd, they will stack in your gifts box, i.e.: 2 batches of 150 stew, but when you place this stack you only get 150!!! The rest is gone from your gift box and not in the restaurant anywhere!



You can work around it by only accepting one of any type at a time, then placing it in your restaurant before acceptin another, but this is still a significant bug that needs to be addressed.

NO! THAT ISN'T THE BUG!!

The bug is that when you use your gift and they place it on the serving counter, the number is INITIALLY wrongly shown. In the case of Stew, it shows 150, even if you had 3,000 (20 plates of stew from 20 neighbors, I love my neighbors). However, this display is corrected after some time, for example if you go visit A FEW neighbors, tip them and come back.

This works all the time for me.

lala7625
10-25-10, 07:31 AM
NO! THAT ISN'T THE BUG!!

The bug is that when you use your gift and they place it on the serving counter, the number is INITIALLY wrongly shown. In the case of Stew, it shows 150, even if you had 3,000 (20 plates of stew from 20 neighbors, I love my neighbors). However, this display is corrected after some time, for example if you go visit A FEW neighbors, tip them and come back.

This works all the time for me.

you need to CALM DOWN. You're not a moderator, you don't have to post/reply to anyone's post(s). Second of all, since I am also having a problem with gifts being lost, when I came to the forum I searched "gifts" to see if any previous posts would answer my question. Know how many results were returned? Over ONE HUNDRED. Now I don't know how much free time YOU have deadpix, but for me scanning through over 100 posts to try and see if someone has answered my question is not exactly in my schedule. If you are truly so concerned/bothered/overwhelmed/whatever by the repeated request for help on this subject then why don't you send a message to the moderators, with your resolution to the problem, and ask them to make it a sticky note?

This forum is to help people, not yell at them. Not everyone uses forums all the time and may not be familiar with the protocol of searching posts before requesting help. A little compassion goes a long way.

deadpix
10-25-10, 11:41 AM
you need to CALM DOWN. You're not a moderator, you don't have to post/reply to anyone's post(s). Second of all, since I am also having a problem with gifts being lost, when I came to the forum I searched "gifts" to see if any previous posts would answer my question. Know how many results were returned? Over ONE HUNDRED. Now I don't know how much free time YOU have deadpix, but for me scanning through over 100 posts to try and see if someone has answered my question is not exactly in my schedule. If you are truly so concerned/bothered/overwhelmed/whatever by the repeated request for help on this subject then why don't you send a message to the moderators, with your resolution to the problem, and ask them to make it a sticky note?

This forum is to help people, not yell at them. Not everyone uses forums all the time and may not be familiar with the protocol of searching posts before requesting help. A little compassion goes a long way.

I am calm, really, you should see me when I'm not, I'll try to post something on YouTube :-)

I don't have all that much free time, that's why I wouldn't search on "gifts", I would search on "gifts serve", without the quotes, as that would greatly narrow down the results.

The resolution to the "problem" is for the developers to fix the glitch and for people to start reading; making my post a sticky won't help because, I believe you've probably seen it in the 100 or so post that you've read, several posts with the same topics just come in one after another, sometimes on top of each other. And even after a message is posted in there explaining the glitch, several others will chime in about the bug right after the message in the same thread.

Yes, I know this forum is for helping people, but it would also help the forum tremendously if people took a little time to search (properly) and avoid filling up the forum with repeated questions on issues that have already been answered as it causes other less asked but just as important questions to be pushed off and not receive proper attention.

Yep, yep, a little (emphasis on "little", avoiding caps since I'll be accused of shouting) compassion goes a long way; too much of it and it becomes meaningless.

Unregistered
10-26-10, 03:01 PM

You know I read words written in all caps same as any other word. I don't yell to myself when I read it so why is it a big deal when people write things in all caps? I see it as an emphasis, not yelling. Deadpix is always helpful so I'm sure that's her/his?? intention. :D

Unregistered
10-26-10, 03:03 PM
what i do is put out my gifts, close the app. double click home screen and shut close the app, the open again, my gifts are there

deadpix
10-26-10, 09:42 PM
You know I read words written in all caps same as any other word. I don't yell to myself when I read it so why is it a big deal when people write things in all caps? I see it as an emphasis, not yelling. Deadpix is always helpful so I'm sure that's her/his?? intention. :D

Yep, you got it. Used sparingly, capitalized words are a way to emphasize a point. When it fills an entire post however, it becomes shouting.