PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to quicker level up?

Unregistered
10-21-10, 10:44 PM
You know... Such as the red quinoa trick in FS or the old mp3 one in CS  Just wondering 

deadpix
10-21-10, 11:42 PM
You know... Such as the red quinoa trick in FS or the old mp3 one in CS  Just wondering 

No there isn't. Teamlava has sort of plugged this "feature".

You'll be in for a rude shock if you attempt to do that with one of the expansive, high exp points dishes. Exp points in RS are awarded in stages. You get about 2 to 3 points each for the first two preparation steps, some of the remaining points when you dress the dish and the last bit when you actually serve it.

Unlike in CS where you can cancel a contract and get 20% of its costs return to you, you don't get any of the cost of the dish back.

The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .

Unregistered
10-21-10, 11:49 PM
No there isn't. Teamlava has sort of plugged this "feature".
(...)
The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .

Thanks for your answer. I guessed so...

Unregistered
10-22-10, 06:20 AM
What's the red quinona trick... I have farm story and city story .. anyone know any tricks please tell ...

Unregistered
10-22-10, 06:22 AM
What's a rasberry tap??

The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .[/QUOTE]

deadpix
10-22-10, 06:31 AM
What's the red quinona trick... I have farm story and city story .. anyone know any tricks please tell ...

It's no big secret.

In FS, you can gain exp points quickly by planting big fields of Red Quinoa and then "selling" the plots using the Edit function of FS. When you plant Red Quinoa, you gain 7 exp points per plot, but when you "sell" it with the edit function, you remove the planted crop but retain the exp points. You don't earn money but this is a quick way to level up if you have the money to spare. At 20x20, you'd get 2,800 points for the Red Quinoa and an additional 400 points for the plowing for a total of 3,200 points.

In CS, you quick level by taking on long contracts in your factories that have high exp points and then cancel them by changing them to Popsicle contracts. You get 20% of your payment back but you get to keep all of your experience.

You can't do anything like this in RS.

Unregistered
10-22-10, 06:34 AM
Ah.. thanks.. any other tips???

deadpix
10-22-10, 06:48 AM
What's a rasberry tap??

The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .[/QUOTE]

The "Raspberry Tap" is a way to gain levels (and coins) quickly in Farm Story. Raspberries take only one minute to mature in the game, and their seeds are free, so if you were to continuously Plow/Plant/Harvest raspberries, you could potentially be earning 60 exp and 600 coins per plot per hour; for a 20x20 plot, that's potentially 24,000 exp and 240,000 coins but only a super human would do that. I've personally never been able to sustain it for more than 10 minutes before my fingers take on a life of their own and attempt to claw my eyes out in protest.

In Restaurant story, there aren't Raspberries to plant, but the same principle applies when you keep cooking batches of French Toast; its even better than the Raspberry Tap because each French Toast yields 7 exp points. This trick definitely gets better when you have 10 stoves as it generates you 70 exp points per minute.

Unregistered
10-22-10, 06:53 AM
what level do you have to reach to be able to have 10 stoves.. it will only let me have 4 atm with one in storage, so i could have a grill...

deadpix
10-22-10, 07:09 AM
what level do you have to reach to be able to have 10 stoves.. it will only let me have 4 atm with one in storage, so i could have a grill...

You get to put out a new appliance on the floor for every 5 levels you gain starting from level 3 if I remember correctly. I've only got 7 with one level to go before I get to use 8.

Note that you don't have to be of the correct level to BUY the appliance, you need to be the correct level to put them on the floor, so at your level, you could have 4 stoves, 4 ovens and 4 grills, 8 of them in storage and 4 on your kitchen floor. You can then swap them in and out to mix them around to suit your cooking needs. Put one in storage before taking another out. But beware that there is a bug in the storage system that requires you to have coins matching the value of the item you want to take out of storage. It doesn't charge you a second time, it only requires that you have that amount.

Unregistered
10-22-10, 01:23 PM
The fastest way to level up would probably be through neighbors/gifts as those are items you don't have to spend time cooking. There is certainly no shortage of people who want to be your neighbor or just start asking on walls. Then send/receive gifts as often as possible (you can gift each neighbor once every 24 hrs but you can only receive 20 gifts per day). Once you have more than 20 neighbors, you can be more selective about the gifts you receive, accepting only stew for example to maximize your gifts.

deadpix
10-22-10, 01:59 PM
The fastest way to level up would probably be through neighbors/gifts as those are items you don't have to spend time cooking. There is certainly no shortage of people who want to be your neighbor or just start asking on walls. Then send/receive gifts as often as possible (you can gift each neighbor once every 24 hrs but you can only receive 20 gifts per day). Once you have more than 20 neighbors, you can be more selective about the gifts you receive, accepting only stew for example to maximize your gifts.

You don't get exp points from accepting gifts, nor do you get exp points for serving the gifts, only coins, so how do we level up using gifts?

Unregistered
10-22-10, 02:13 PM
Yes but you do get lots of money from those gifts which you can use to buy/expand/decorate etc which you get points for. With five appliances, it would take 8 days to make 20 stews vs receiving them all in one day and still having access to your appliances all day.

deadpix
10-22-10, 08:45 PM
Yes but you do get lots of money from those gifts which you can use to buy/expand/decorate etc which you get points for. With five appliances, it would take 8 days to make 20 stews vs receiving them all in one day and still having access to your appliances all day.

That's a nice idea :-) but you did know that 20 gifts of stew amounts to only 3,000 (150x20) plates a day whereas 5 stoves cook up 7000 (1,400x5) plates every 2 days?

Also, the 3000 plates of stew will get you 15,000 coins (after 1 hour 25 minutes if you have no other dishes and have a rating of 50 and have at least 22 tables), that will in turn get you a potted plant and something else that will bring you approximately 75 exp points, whereas doing the French Toast waltz with 5 stoves will gain you 90 exp points in 3 minutes.

I'm sorry, but there may be a few shortcuts in RS but they generally don't work too well. A little elbow grease however can take you a long way; and of course a huge credit line will also allow you different alternatives.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 01:07 PM
Well this is a fast way to lvl up I found it by my self

first,u gt cook whatever u wanna cook with ur stoves, bt pls leave 1free
then,cook toast(1min) ,cook omelettes(5min),switch them.
This may cost ur money but gives around 8xp per 3sec if u tap hard
another benefit-u can increase dish lvl fast in this way. All ppl know tht lvl4 gives u 2000 coin+200 exp(also u can earn gem) after u compelete omelettes-toast combi, u can start with salad(55 coin) and toast again
I lvled 13 to 20 in just 2hours n still got enough $ to expand n buy stuff I want

try it, n if u like this idea,add venuslia,I gift everday

HANA-BI
10-24-10, 11:15 PM
Thank you so much for your kind replies! So... It seems there's not actually a quick way to level up, despite of the French Toast thing... Anyway, thank you to everyone who replied to me, of course! ;) Happy gaming!