PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Oven

rodneylicious
12-12-11, 12:49 PM
Team Lava,

I know you are aware of this but just trying to get some feedback, as to when we will be able to buy food on the candy cane oven. I have it already constructed, but can't build. All I can see is " goal" which is locked. I'm on level 95 so how much longer would one need to wait to un lock.

Thanks
:confused:

kooky panda
12-12-11, 12:55 PM
Team Lava,

I know you are aware of this but just trying to get some feedback, as to when we will be able to buy food on the candy cane oven. I have it already constructed, but can't build. All I can see is " goal" which is locked. I'm on level 95 so how much longer would one need to wait to un lock.

Thanks
:confused:
no announced time of when the goals will be coming to the game.:(

rodneylicious
12-12-11, 01:03 PM
Thank you!!

jessicabplyr
12-12-11, 06:21 PM
I actually wasted my time buying and wasting my saved building materials to build the candy cane maker only to find out that it could not be used due to the whole "goal" issue. Now MY question is this: If the goals weren't going to be available or in working order in time for the 2011 Christmas update, then WHY would TL release the Candy Cane Maker with a goal requirement? It makes NO sense to me at all. As a matter of fact, Absolutely NONE of the new Christmas foods in either BS or RS can be made. They are all locked and say Goal on them.... I hope they fix this soon. :(

DaojinWildfire
12-12-11, 06:32 PM
The ability to unlock the Goal items has not been released at this time. We hope to add this feature to the game very soon.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

Lilyput
12-12-11, 06:38 PM
My candy cane over has disappeared along with the other oven that I built earlier on. What's going on??

kooky panda
12-12-11, 07:20 PM
My candy cane over has disappeared along with the other oven that I built earlier on. What's going on??

Are you looking in your Christmas Bakery game? You will not be able to the two new appliances when you are in your regular bakery game.

niccy79
12-12-11, 08:27 PM
I actually wasted my time buying and wasting my saved building materials to build the candy cane maker only to find out that it could not be used due to the whole "goal" issue. Now MY question is this: If the goals weren't going to be available or in working order in time for the 2011 Christmas update, then WHY would TL release the Candy Cane Maker with a goal requirement? It makes NO sense to me at all. As a matter of fact, Absolutely NONE of the new Christmas foods in either BS or RS can be made. They are all locked and say Goal on them.... I hope they fix this soon. :(

I agree 100% with you!!! Why would TL release ANYTHING if it cant be used! I sum it up to extremely poor planning on TLs part!!! Tons of nbrs on my game are complaining about this too!!! I will definitly send them to this thread!!!!!

niccy79
12-12-11, 08:28 PM
Another weird thing is the marzipan oven has only one recipe!!!!

sophiacml
12-12-11, 11:05 PM
I haven't even able to buy this oven or the pan thing!

rubine
12-13-11, 06:03 AM
That my opinion, too!
Why do they put it into the list when it does not work?

kitkatmom
12-13-11, 01:05 PM
Are you looking in your Christmas Bakery game? You will not be able to the two new appliances when you are in your regular bakery game.

I am so upset, I had yo use coins to build that oven and all of the sudden it is gone! I am furious!! And I am playing in the holiday version... How do I get it back?OMG, this game is really starting to make me angry :-)

kitkatmom
12-13-11, 02:15 PM
I am so upset, I had yo use coins to build that oven and all of the sudden it is gone! I am furious!! And I am playing in the holiday version... How do I get it back?OMG, this game is really starting to make me angry :-)

So it seems I found the answer myself :-) I manually did the update in the app store, and now my oven is back. Still can't do anything with it, lol. Hope this keeps it there!

NikkiDai
12-13-11, 03:55 PM
I do hope whatever updates are coming so that this issue is resolved. For future ideas, definitely better planning on when to roll out finished products and goals.

jannywanny86
12-14-11, 07:57 AM
i thought the goal was to make 10 fruit tarts and the sugar thing???? but be nice to have other stuff on it

sourlicorice2
12-14-11, 08:30 AM
It would have been nice if they had waited till the rest of it was ready before releasing the candy cane make however I'm bothered by it as long as we'll have enough time to master the food items once they r unlocked :-)

kooky panda
12-14-11, 09:21 AM
My understanding from a post I saw from DW, is that as long as you have the new appliances before the seasonal content are removed, you will still have access to the recipes. You will still need to unlock them before you can use them.

This is what happened on Farm. They removed the caramel trees, but if you already had some on your farm or in storage, you could finish mastering them.
(which I did and got my gem and gnome- I just could not see the trees in the store to see my mastery bar).

sumnboutme
12-14-11, 09:49 AM
My understanding from a post I saw from DW, is that as long as you have the new appliances before the seasonal content are removed, you will still have access to the recipes. You will still need to unlock them before you can use them.

This is what happened on Farm. They removed the caramel trees, but if you already had some on your farm or in storage, you could finish mastering them.
(which I did and got my gem and gnome- I just could not see the trees in the store to see my mastery bar).

But if goals aren't released in time, we might not even have a chance to unlock the holiday recipes!! How is that fair?

xSnowyOwlx
12-14-11, 10:13 AM
But if goals aren't released in time, we might not even have a chance to unlock the holiday recipes!! How is that fair?

Umm.... since when has TL shown themselves to be fair? They keep some items from some players, they change prices on items, they make new games while keeping the old games in the store and not even bothering with them but still advertising to some people that the games can be updated weekly, the list just goes on.

DominaRed
12-14-11, 12:56 PM
I had goals on BS on Sunday, lost them on Monday. Don't know when or if they're coming back. Marzipan oven is working. Cannot complete goals to unlock everything else.

gitten
12-15-11, 01:09 PM
Will TL make the bakery candy cane oven a purchased item if we bought it before goals appeared - 5 days for me. I bought the oven when it became available to construct but no message that you had to buy one to unlock the goal. So, now I have an oven and can't unlock the goal unless I buy another candy cane machine - lots of wasted coins or no goal. Will someone please let me know how TL will handle this issue. Thanks so much. But, do love the new goals - just hope future procedures are made clear beforehand.

elsielicious
12-16-11, 02:28 PM
gitten, I'm in the same situation!!

uwantoplay
12-17-11, 10:27 AM
I built both ovens twice just to advance, which means I have completed 4. But I still can't get 2 sugars after 5 days?? Please please please fix the sugar problem! I have posted and emailed regarding the sugar issue. I deleted all games yesterday and reloaded everything hoping to get past the sugar issue but inhale not succeeded so far. Will TL credit is 10 gems if we manually skip the 2 sugar problem?

uwantoplay
12-17-11, 10:28 AM
Sorry about the two typos. I think you can still understand my point and question.

Krekhur
12-17-11, 10:55 AM
Ah, finally found my answer. Didn't think there would be an update containing new cookers and no quests to go with it. But it did. I'll try to be patient.

touchydpad
12-17-11, 12:37 PM
Same issue going on even with the update. Goal still cannot be completed with an oven placed from storage. Still refusing to return to the game until this is fixed or at least addressed.

MidnightAeval
12-17-11, 01:10 PM
I was told by customer service I would have to buy a new appliance in order for the goal to be completed even though I had 3 of each new appliance already built prior to goals being released. Now that the materials requisition part of my game seems to not be functioning, I can't even finish building these newly purchased appliances and they are taking up an appliance space in my bakery!

gitten
12-17-11, 07:18 PM
I think I will just skip the goals until TL gets things fixed. They are trying to do too many things at once and thus the major problems in all games. Too bad!!! The content for all games is really great.

Sillykitty1221
12-18-11, 12:45 PM
Same issue going on even with the update. Goal still cannot be completed with an oven placed from storage. Still refusing to return to the game until this is fixed or at least addressed.
I also had candy-cane & marzipan maker built before I got the update, now they don't count towards the goals even if I place them from storage. I won't bother to rebuild them..I hope TL can fix this.

chachaz
12-18-11, 06:03 PM
Have just spent an additional 10 gems on the candy maker oven as part of the first goal (even though I had already built it!!), I got the sugar n baked 10 fruit tarts - but Surprise I still cannot use the thing n make the first cake! Now it shows me a new goal 30 celebration cupcakes, etc. IS THIS A JOKE?

mushroom79
12-19-11, 06:56 AM
Have just spent an additional 10 gems on the candy maker oven as part of the first goal (even though I had already built it!!), I got the sugar n baked 10 fruit tarts - but Surprise I still cannot use the thing n make the first cake! Now it shows me a new goal 30 celebration cupcakes, etc. IS THIS A JOKE?

After which you have to keep making hot chocolate over and over....I still havent got the candy cane cake unlocked...

elsielicious
12-20-11, 04:37 AM
Has anyone actually got this oven working yet?

pastrychef17
12-20-11, 10:09 AM
Has anyone actually got this oven working yet?

I finally started on the goal to start unlocking this recipe so yes, there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not sure how many goals there'll be though before it gets unlocked.

papatya0
12-22-11, 01:54 PM
I also had candy-cane & marzipan maker built before I got the update, now they don't count towards the goals even if I place them from storage. I won't bother to rebuild them..I hope TL can fix this.

Same happened to me, i already built New Candy Cane ovens, but still it doesn't work, also I never received any sugar, although requested! I am already at the end of level 96 and it's really boring if you don't have any mor new goals!
The marzipan oven is a shame with one receipt....
Apple iPad 1, newest update on