PDA

View Full Version : Still no way to earn gems?

stote
12-10-11, 06:01 PM
The lack of any way to earn gems was a big barrier to many people enjoying the previous Zoo Story, and I can't see any obvious way to earn gems in this one either. If a way to earn gems isn't added soon, people are going to come against the same barrier in Zoo Story 2 and stop playing this one too.

driftboutique
12-10-11, 08:30 PM
I agree. I like the game much better than the previous version, but it's frustrating that gem costs are so high -- and affect gameplay as opposed to just customization -- yet there is no way to earn even a small amount of gems. In fact, the equivalent of mastery costs two gems.

dipnchips
12-10-11, 11:26 PM
I'm ready to stop. I can't even purchase gems. I was once directed to the payment site and haven't been able to find it again. Is something wrong with the website?

elliejean
12-12-11, 01:58 PM
I can't seem to purchase gems either, can someone please enlighten us. Also I have no clipboard for goals, I would very much like to earn the koala bears (coming from a koala bear lover :) )

Lucy3580
12-12-11, 06:39 PM
I completly agree no real way to earn gems and the cost to purchase is ridiculous. It really ruins the enjoyment of the game.
I understand that Team Lava need to make money but this is crazy.

Which would you rather have:
For ?20.98.... a complete game for the wii OR 1 breeding nest in zoo world (btw only giving 1 nest and making the only way to get extra is paying ?20.98 is very stingy.)
For ?129.96..... A wii console OR complete everything in Zoo World 2 at level 11 (that is 1 breeding nest, 1 lab nest, all gem animals and attractions and upgrading animals)

I know what I would rather spend the money on.

talyon
12-12-11, 07:11 PM
U can earn gems by completing the chores top left of game screen.

kooky panda
12-12-11, 07:15 PM
I can't seem to purchase gems either, can someone please enlighten us. Also I have no clipboard for goals, I would very much like to earn the koala bears (coming from a koala bear lover :) )
Not all players will be able to unlock the Goal items at this time.

I'm ready to stop. I can't even purchase gems. I was once directed to the payment site and haven't been able to find it again. Is something wrong with the website?
what device do you play? What happens when you you try to purchase gems? error message? blank screen?

lesleypsg1
12-12-11, 07:28 PM
I'm iPad. I have no "chores" option on my screen. Just as I never got quests option on my farm. If this is a case that some players can earn gems and some can't then thinking I should drop this sooner rather than later. The inability to earn gems is what ultimately lost me in zoo original. I don't mind buying gems occasionally, but not on a game that requires gems to reach mastery and won't let you earn any. Hmmmm. I'll hold on until Friday and see what happens. Pet story seems the same too, ie. no way to earn gems (no chores there either). Too bad as I was really looking forward to that one.

U can earn gems by completing the chores top left of game screen.

GroupMagma
12-12-11, 07:35 PM
There's no way to earn Gems yet, but that doesn't mean there won't ever be - Zoo 2 is still a very new game, and we're still optimizing it. Also, there are a lot of Coin items/animals that can be purchased, even early on in the game.

driftboutique
12-12-11, 08:27 PM
For some reason, I have goals on my phone as of today (although I play mainly on my iPad.) There is at least one goal which gave me two gems and cost no gems to achieve. And the koala is super easy to get! I really hope these roll out to all users soon because they definitely add a level of fun.

stote
12-13-11, 03:50 PM
I'm iPad. I have no "chores" option on my screen. Just as I never got quests option on my farm. If this is a case that some players can earn gems and some can't then thinking I should drop this sooner rather than later. The inability to earn gems is what ultimately lost me in zoo original. I don't mind buying gems occasionally, but not on a game that requires gems to reach mastery and won't let you earn any. Hmmmm. I'll hold on until Friday and see what happens. Pet story seems the same too, ie. no way to earn gems (no chores there either). Too bad as I was really looking forward to that one.

I'm on iPad as well and I also have no 'goals' on any of my games. They did appear on my bakery yesterday but when I went back later they were gone again.

Lucy3580
12-14-11, 04:36 AM
I don't have any chores, I am on iPhone 4.

Also I cannot gift somethings for example walkie talkie.

jemmamarxclose
12-31-11, 04:38 PM
I understand the fact that the game is free that TL make money via gems. But when you can buy a game for $6 and never have to buy anything, then the purchasing of gems is a bit crazy - spending hundreds of dollars. Ot of principle I won't buy any. But the few I have earned... Have disappeared! This morning I had 3 and this evening only 1. Where did the 2 go? Do they expire?

iusedtobedigusr
12-31-11, 04:49 PM
Never had them expire, But with the plethora of "Gem Traps" inherent to all TL's games all it takes is one mis-tap or double tap if think it didn't take first tap to hit something hiding behind it.