PDA

View Full Version : Store not making any money

boopakery
12-10-11, 02:13 PM
To the support team:

This is my first post and is to let you know of the bugs issues with my Fashion Story.
Problem:
- Not earning any coins
- Timer on top of customers heads
- My clothes last forever, even the 30 mins ones.

I have:
- deleted the app and re-install it
- switch my doors in different places
- re-set my iphone
- added more mirrors,closets

Please help!:confused:

Rachael98
12-10-11, 02:18 PM
That's extremely strange.
Contact Support via support@teamlava.com.
Include that information, plus: your device, game version, Operating System and Storm8 ID:).

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gif
Rachael98...because Norman was taken:p! ...what:o?

Saturday, 10th December 2011
Merry Christmas! 15 sleeps to go...

Rachael98:cool: (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gif

Join (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?do=join&groupid=18) the TeamLava Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?groupid=18)!
Check out the TeamLava Fan page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663)!

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

Want a Signature made for you? PM me (forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1327), with any quotes, colours, info or images/GIFs you'd like in it and I'll do the hard work!:)

crushedgrapes
04-14-12, 12:04 PM
I also seem to be losing money. I have just reached level 33 this morning and have not been able to get over 500,000 coins for a month! I am trying to save up so I can so an expansion to compete a goal. I have "expensive" 1 day items for sale, the ones that are supposed to earn you the most money, yet I have had under 450,000 for a month! I don't purchase expensive items or any items at all. Every time I check the "while you were away", then I play for a minute and the number magically decreases back to what I ended with the day before.
Can someone please tell me how to earn more money or how to keep the money I have without it dissapearing?
It's getting to the point where I barely want to play cause I can't do anything with my coins.

crushedgrapes
04-14-12, 12:06 PM
My id is crushedgrapes and I'm playing the re installed original version of fashion story.

queentina3
04-14-12, 02:22 PM
The Regular Fashion Story still has the coin bug associated with it. You should be using the Fashion Story Valentines version as it is the latest updated version. I know the pop-up says to not use it, but since the Regular version hasn't been updated since Dec 2011, you should use Valentines. To my knowledge the coin bug was fixed in that version.

kooky panda
04-14-12, 03:34 PM
I also seem to be losing money. I have just reached level 33 this morning and have not been able to get over 500,000 coins for a month! I am trying to save up so I can so an expansion to compete a goal. I have "expensive" 1 day items for sale, the ones that are supposed to earn you the most money, yet I have had under 450,000 for a month! I don't purchase expensive items or any items at all. Every time I check the "while you were away", then I play for a minute and the number magically decreases back to what I ended with the day before.
Can someone please tell me how to earn more money or how to keep the money I have without it dissapearing?
It's getting to the point where I barely want to play cause I can't do anything with my coins.

Can you post pictures of your coin losses so I can send over?
On valentine version-
Screenshots of coin total right below you shut down your game for the day.
then when youopen your game the day morning"
screenshot of daily bonus and welcome back screens
then a screenshot of your total coins.
also please advise if you get an out of sync message.

oreo1981
04-15-12, 09:26 AM
I was just going to post a "Not making any money" thread as well.

I will post it here rather than make a new one.

I am about lvl 30...since about lvl25, I cant sell items as fast anymore. I have enough mirrors and changing rooms so there is no weight. I also purposely put things as close to the door as I could with the cash register but its still not working.

For the most part, I make only 8/12/16 hour items, with a couple of 3/4 hour items here and there.

I woke up this morning after a long 9 hours of sleep and game notified that I made 7,900 coins while I was asleep.

I am sitting on like 10,000 items, they're just not selling. Its very, very slow. At lvl 21-22, I would go to sleep and the shelves would be wiped. 8ish levels later, I am sitting on 10,000+ worth of items. Did something change?

oreo1981
04-15-12, 09:26 AM
*weight = wait lol

tones22
04-21-12, 04:57 AM
Oh I am having this same issue, have started a thread on it too.

BellasHouse1
04-22-12, 12:56 PM
I, too, am losing money. I watched it happen while I collected my "likes". The number should have gone up, not down. I can't get the valentines version, as someone above stated. I'm on android. I sent an email to support and also uninstalled/reinstalled. I have not ordered new clothes for my boutique in 2 days hoping to see the numbers go up, but they haven't. I hope this gets resolved soon.

patriziaf
04-22-12, 07:14 PM
I was just going to post a "Not making any money" thread as well.

I will post it here rather than make a new one.

I am about lvl 30...since about lvl25, I cant sell items as fast anymore. I have enough mirrors and changing rooms so there is no weight. I also purposely put things as close to the door as I could with the cash register but its still not working.

For the most part, I make only 8/12/16 hour items, with a couple of 3/4 hour items here and there.

I woke up this morning after a long 9 hours of sleep and game notified that I made 7,900 coins while I was asleep.

I am sitting on like 10,000 items, they're just not selling. Its very, very slow. At lvl 21-22, I would go to sleep and the shelves would be wiped. 8ish levels later, I am sitting on 10,000+ worth of items. Did something change?

But did YOU change your design? Can the customers go between the ranges of racks and tables? I blocked many of my racks and tables ON PURPOSE, and of course the number of the items on them doesn't change (for exemple I always have 200 dot dresses). Do the numbers decrease or not at all?

grazelley
04-26-12, 09:17 AM
i have been seeing the message that i made 70k last night and press ok but the amount in my bank doesnt increase from the night before. I am on an android. i will try reinstalling but will i loose all my current stock?

kooky panda
04-26-12, 09:18 AM
i have been seeing the message that i made 70k last night and press ok but the amount in my bank doesnt increase from the night before. I am on an android. i will try reinstalling but will i loose all my current stock?
no, if you uninstall, and reinstall, you will not lose your game, it is saved on team lavas servers.

BellasHouse1
04-28-12, 07:05 PM
It's been six days since my first post about this. I have written to support and got a generic "we will forward this to the engineers"...blah blah blah. I kept a notebook of my "said" earnings and actual earnings. I haven't bought any new clothes for my store during this time. I have made, over the course of 6 days, maybe 300k. The game says I make over 90k a night but the actual earnings do not reflect this. I'm lvl 91. I, too, used to come back to a half empty store. Now I'm sitting on well over 1 mil clothes with 5 registers. Seems like nothing is selling at all. I have pretty much quit playing other than to check if this has been fixed. I really hope it gets fixed soon, for all of our sakes. All I can say is keep posting on this issue as much as possible. Someone is bound to make this a priority. Like when they changed the prices on everything. Come to think of it...that seems to be when the problem started for me.

mattyboo1
04-28-12, 07:16 PM
Email support@teamlava.com

kooky panda
04-28-12, 08:16 PM
It's been six days since my first post about this. I have written to support and got a generic "we will forward this to the engineers"...blah blah blah. I kept a notebook of my "said" earnings and actual earnings. I haven't bought any new clothes for my store during this time. I have made, over the course of 6 days, maybe 300k. The game says I make over 90k a night but the actual earnings do not reflect this. I'm lvl 91. I, too, used to come back to a half empty store. Now I'm sitting on well over 1 mil clothes with 5 registers. Seems like nothing is selling at all. I have pretty much quit playing other than to check if this has been fixed. I really hope it gets fixed soon, for all of our sakes. All I can say is keep posting on this issue as much as possible. Someone is bound to make this a priority. Like when they changed the prices on everything. Come to think of it...that seems to be when the problem started for me.

I sent an invite to check you store(you can delete that invite).
I Noticed that you have tables all the way across the store. It is taking time for your shoppers to get over there. You may look at redesigning to see if this helps. Here is helpful hint from DW.
I just moved alot of my tables towards the center as he suggested and overnight I made around 10,000.00 more than I had been getting.

When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.

BellasHouse1
04-30-12, 09:56 AM
Kooky Panda, I've had the same layout in my store for pretty much the duration of me playing this game. I appreciate you checking it out, though. However, this coin issue just started recently. I know it's a bug because the game will say I made x amount of money...around 90-100k, but my amount barely changes above maybe a 2k profit. I've kept track of it for the duration of the six days. It was always some obscure number of what I actually made vs. what the game said I made. My profits after six days should have reflected around 600-700k, not a mere 200k. I've blocked the door for now. My game in the past has been able to trigger the "quick sale" and wipe out my store. I'm hoping this will do the same this time, but I'm also afraid the coins won't reflect it.

faithvilles
05-01-12, 04:14 PM
I as well am loosing money, while away from game when I come back tells you how much you earn deducts instead of adding the money? So is this being looked into, I have never had Valentine Version so that has nothing to do with it.

BellasHouse1
05-02-12, 01:22 AM
Keep posting everyone...this is sooo aggravating! I STILL haven't been able to order clothes for my boutique!! It's been 9 days since my original post and my store is still not reflecting the correct earnings that the game says I'm making!!! PLEASE FIX THIS, TL!!!! I've been playing this game almost a year now and only recently have had problems with it! I would like to continue playing but I can't because the cost to order clothes for my store is greater than my profits. Some things are selling and some things are just sitting there, and I have 1000's upon 1000's of clothes in my store and can't seem to get rid of them. I even tried to block my door for a day and trigger a quick sale...this worked in the past, but no longer. :( I'm very upset with this! Please Help!

RoseMeyer
05-02-12, 08:37 AM
The coin bug has got nothing to do with the layout of your store.

BellasHouse1
05-02-12, 11:10 PM
The coin bug has got nothing to do with the layout of your store.

Thank you...I keep trying to tell everyone this. I check my store once a day to see if anything has changed. The coins actually earned vs the amount the game says I earned are still very different, with the amount actually earned being less. :( Seems my actual earnings are around 2k, instead of what the game says, around 100k. BIG difference here TL....something definitely needs to be done. Is there another more active thread I can post to? Seems hardly anyone is looking at this one.

RoseMeyer
05-03-12, 07:09 AM
See, everybody is burnt out on this topic. The game doesnt work for everybody. Some people never get their money added in. Its been going on a long time. For KP to blame your layout now is just crazy. They blamed the internet and the devices and told people it was a pretend problem that didnt exist. Some people have found workarounds to get their coins added in, but I think everybody is tired of providing free customer support. This happens on Bakery RS and some other games too. Basically you can search for "coin bug" and see what people have tried.

Today I sold everything in my store and bought rose chairs with all my money. You cant delete the game, but I wanted to set it up so it wasnt so tempting for me to come back.
I'm really going to try to resist this time. (My game is waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting for me so it can jerk me around some more). Why should I play a game that cant add when there's tons of games that CAN.

AnnasCoffee
05-03-12, 07:33 AM
It does seem less people are posting about the coin bug. Maybe it's because a lot of the people who had the coin bug have QUIT. I quit. Piggiful quit. We can't fix the coin bug, so why struggle with a game that doesn't work.

We gave them lots of time and screen shots. There were new threads everyday. Probably hundreds of people posted. But, my coin bug never got fixed, I was still losing coins. We were told it was only 'cosmetic' and we weren't getting out coins back. If I'm not getting my coins back... I quit.

BellasHouse1
05-03-12, 09:07 PM
I don't care if I get my coins back or not...at least the game is ADDing and not taking away...it's just not adding correctly. It sucks that I've been playing for so long now and only just started having this problem. I'm going to try to sell out of everything and see what happens...maybe i'll quit, or maybe i'll redesign...then quit

nikee80
05-04-12, 10:11 PM
Same here. I just started playing the game recently and I am totally annoyed. My store is making barely any money and my stuff is not really selling. I have all my tables filled and I will leave the game and come back the next day and still have the same amount of stuff. And it will say I made 7,255 coins while I was gone but my total coins will be 3,500! How does that make any sense? I cant really do anything in the game because it is going too slow. Or it is like I am earning money but it is not being added to my total.

kooky panda
05-05-12, 03:14 PM
New IOS update for Fashion came out yesterday . version 1.5.1 Try downloading the new version to see if this corrects your coin totals.

BellasHouse1
05-05-12, 11:55 PM
I'm on android...no update. As for my game, I've tested it and the only way the game will add correctly is if I never completely exit out of the game. I can exit via the "home" button on my phone and it will continue to act like I never exited. However, I don't know what that will do to my phone or the battery. Anyone have any idea?

RoseMeyer
05-06-12, 05:07 AM
it probably wont hurt the phone, but you'll be buing new batteries all the time. Is it worth it? This game DOES NOT WORK for you. You're fighting a losing battle.

BellasHouse1
05-06-12, 10:42 AM
Yes, I'm seeing that. My coin count is all over the board when I come back to it, even after leaving it running in the background for an extended period of time. Sometimes when I go visit neighbors it adjusts itself while I'm gone, but this doesn't happen all the time. I really wish TL would FIX THIS! It USED to work for me and now it doesn't.

nikee80
05-06-12, 05:48 PM
I am on Kindle Fire and there is no update available. It just happened to me again, I came back into the game and it says you have earned 7,523 coins while you were gone but my total was only 2,522. Not only that but some clothes I have had on racks for 3 straight days now and no one is buying it. I cant progress in the game because I never have enough to do anything! Yesterday, based on what the game told me I earned the entire day, my total coins should have been around 20,000. But instead it was around 5,000. That is ridiculous. And it looks like this is an issue that TeamLava has been aware of for some time now so shouldn't it have been fixed by now. They put out an update that I cannot even get so that doesn't help. I have emailed TeamLava about this and gotten no response. I'm sure when they do finally reply they are just going to tell me to do what they always tell me, uninstall and reinstall. Which never works.

nikee80
05-06-12, 10:53 PM
Okay now I just saw that money is actually being deducted from my total. This time I went into my store and my total was 2358 and the 5 seconds later it was 355. Now that's messed up. TeamLava what is going on!? Can you fix this please!?