PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is items costing more gems nowdays?

divinedessert
12-06-11, 06:51 PM
It seems like every new item that gets released on Friday updates, that costs gems are super expensive! I guess it all started with that coffee carousel for 45 gems; now its the gift basket for 34, giant ornaments for 31 and a gingerbread table for 8 gems? Really TL?! When has a table ever cost that much gems? (I understand when the limited items came out they cost a brick for gems...because they were limited. That's not what i'm referring to.) Is BS/RS going through an inflation due to the economy like the rest of the country? I used to always buy gems (even when they weren't on sale), but now I don't. What's the point? To only get 1 or 2 items, or a handful of items depending on how much you spend. BS used to be a fun/fantasy distraction, but now it seems like I have to pull resources and ask neighbors to tip just to make more money (to which my money keeps dropping everytime I log on...I read the posts about missing money and am happy that it's not just me!). I have enough trouble getting by in reality...not in my game!

I am hereby petitioning TL to lower the gem cost for items!

Yarox
12-06-11, 06:53 PM
Or to do sales on gem items from tome to time.
Like 20% discounts or something like that.

nmishii
12-06-11, 07:02 PM
Its not you. Both gem and coin items are costing more each week. It will probably continue.

shakiba
12-06-11, 07:03 PM
It seems like every new item that gets released on Friday updates, that costs gems are super expensive! I guess it all started with that coffee carousel for 45 gems; now its the gift basket for 34, giant ornaments for 31 and a gingerbread table for 8 gems? Really TL?! When has a table ever cost that much gems? (I understand when the limited items came out they cost a brick for gems...because they were limited. That's not what i'm referring to.) Is BS/RS going through an inflation due to the economy like the rest of the country? I used to always buy gems (even when they weren't on sale), but now I don't. What's the point? To only get 1 or 2 items, or a handful of items depending on how much you spend. BS used to be a fun/fantasy distraction, but now it seems like I have to pull resources and ask neighbors to tip just to make more money (to which my money keeps dropping everytime I log on...I read the posts about missing money and am happy that it's not just me!). I have enough trouble getting by in reality...not in my game!

I am hereby petitioning TL to lower the gem cost for items!

Like thats going to happen. I dont think they will start making things cheap nowadays. :(

tammybfarm
12-06-11, 07:07 PM
I agree...Its becoming to expensive to be fun. I have spent so much that I`m ashamed of myself. Its about time to stop playing when item prices keep go up and you still get multiples of [snip] items in the boxes.

143Blue
12-06-11, 07:37 PM
ikr its just not right wen i first started the game it was REALLY cheap! now with like 105 gems all u can get is like the blue couch n a box:(!!!!

sehana
12-06-11, 08:26 PM
I agree, Gem items seem to be costing more and more. $15 for deco is a bit much for me now, I had a reality check a couple weeks ago after spending way too much for my standards of spending. I could have bought 5 nice tops with the money I spent.

dalula
12-07-11, 06:06 PM
No. It's not just you. :) things are getting awfully expensive. For example, the new update. Seriously, 8 GEMS just for a table?! :O
Gem item costs are incresing in every game. In fashion a dress used to cost 24 gems oor less. a while ago, the halloween update came out and a dress costed as much as 50 gems... :rolleyes: :confused: but then the economy is bad right now and TL is a company that needs to make money...

wonderkim
12-11-11, 04:19 AM
I totally agree. I'm seriously contemplating quitting. I'm losing coins because of a bug AND the paid items are becoming ridiculously expensive. On top of that, they are having less and less gem sales.
I'm changing my device in a couple of months. If things stay this way, I'll just simply not download BS to my new device.

bigdaddio
12-11-11, 11:31 PM
Why not just put out a coin item for every gem item at least...and they usto do 40% off now all I ever c is 20% off when they even do that...people like me will still buy the stuff that costs gems but I have almost 14 million coins...and I've bought the chocolate fountain just for exp points lol than sold it...I have nothing to do with my coins..I could never buy enough food to spend all my coins...I also have suggested b4 why not sell gems even if for a ridiculous price....say 10 mill coins for 5 gems....or even 1 gem...it would defiantly give ua something more to do...and how about letting us sell the stuff we bought with gems and get gems bk...if it cost 30 gems we get 3 gems bk...since we pay cash for the gems u still get ur money but its just good customer service...I love this game...anyone who has seen my bkry can c that but I stand by my prior statements that teamlava lacks bigtime in customer service...I understand its a business and yea they need to make money or they couldn't do the updates and give us the fun but at what cost? Can u make the money and put the customer first....I don't think anything anyone says will ever matter....money talks all else....well its not money

lambyo
12-12-11, 04:25 AM
I think the items are becoming more expensive because of all the gem sales we recently had. This way, the items still cost the same amount of $, even though the cost per gem is less. Also, the cost of coin items has risen , IMO, due to many players having millions of coins to spend (I have between 8 - 15 million in each of 4 games).

MiMundo
12-14-11, 08:52 AM
I think the items are becoming more expensive because of all the gem sales we recently had. This way, the items still cost the same amount of $, even though the cost per gem is less. Also, the cost of coin items has risen , IMO, due to many players having millions of coins to spend (I have between 8 - 15 million in each of 4 games).

A little unfair for people who have just started the games.