PDA

View Full Version : Running out of food wayy tooo quickly

Unregistered
10-20-10, 01:44 PM
Is there any way you guys at teamlava could reduce the cooking time and expand the number of plates it serves?

I think it is ridiculous to spend a full 2 days to cook something or even 1 full day to cook something, that gets eaten up in two hours. It makes no sense to me... After those two days of cooking, that particular dish should last us throughout a 24 period, AT LEAST!
If there isn't an update soon, I will delete this game.
I've played City Story and like the time management much better than this game....
You guys didn't think out this game properly. . . people have jobs to attend and cannot constantly have this app open throughout the day to cook new meals every hour to keep the restaurant open. Its just not realistic.
Please update soooon!

Nicolab2108
10-20-10, 01:55 PM
I doesn't matter. Sure, plate numbers and money gained per batch of food cooked could be higher, and considering how long it takes to save up for one measly square of overpriced wallpaper (I have noticed btw that to do a full colour scheme of walls and floors you'd have to spend actual money on gems. That is rather dastardly), it makes the game too difficulty to enjoy much.
But I wish they ate faster sometimes. Your happy customers goes down to ten when you close the app. I'd rather open the app right now and see all the food eaten because at least I'll have some more coins to buy another square of expensive wallpaper.
I work full time too. I just do a six or twelve hour contract and deal with it when I get home. You don't actually need food to last customers constantly. Getting back to fifty takes five minuted of having the app open and a decent number of tables.

mcdrunkel
10-20-10, 03:41 PM
Give the game a few days and you'll realize the long waits aren't as ridiculous as it first seems, it gives you the chance to go to work for 12 hours and come home without your dishes spoiling. Of coarse they spoil rather quickly once they are done so you do have to time it just right. But by day 3 or 4 you are making so much money there really isn't much to spend it on. I'm getting to the point that there isn't much left to do except wait a while till I can buy another appliance, and I have more than enough money just need to level up. Once you get more appliances though you will be able to make so much food it wont go so quickly. I do think there is a bug that sometimes the food goes way quicker than it is suppose too causing you to run out of food, but as state before, it only takes a few mins to get your popularity back up so that doesn't really maker if you let it go down. Oh and yes I have spend lots on decorations which are expensive, and that does take for ever to buy them, but they are pointless anyway. But if dishes were quicker and you could buy everything in a day or 2 then what??? you are just going to stop playing anyway.

deadpix
10-20-10, 06:48 PM
Is there any way you guys at teamlava could reduce the cooking time and expand the number of plates it serves?

I think it is ridiculous to spend a full 2 days to cook something or even 1 full day to cook something, that gets eaten up in two hours. It makes no sense to me... After those two days of cooking, that particular dish should last us throughout a 24 period, AT LEAST!
If there isn't an update soon, I will delete this game.
I've played City Story and like the time management much better than this game....
You guys didn't think out this game properly. . . people have jobs to attend and cannot constantly have this app open throughout the day to cook new meals every hour to keep the restaurant open. Its just not realistic.
Please update soooon!

You're playing the game wrongly. This isn't Diner Dash nor is it Cake Mania. You're not supposed to keep up with the endless stream of ravenous guests shambling in and out of your restaurant.

In real life, most restaurants have opening and closing hours; ALL will use the closing hours to prepare food for the next day. So here's what you might wish to try:

1. Determine your restaurant's opening hours (mine's from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
2. When it's time to close your restaurant for the night, move your Host Table (or another piece of furniture) in front of the door, blocking it; this blocks the zombie invasion
3. Use this time to cook up a storm but remember to also make use of your gifts from your neighbors
4. Just before you go to sleep, start a slow-to-cook dish like the burrito on the stove, Strawberry Shortcake on the oven, etc.
5. I usually end up with a couple of thousand plates of 6 or 7 dishes
6. Go to sleep - Don't skip this step, its important to do it
7. Wake up and while you have breakfast, cook a few more batches
8. Go to school/work and if you take public transport, cook a few more batches; if you drive, put on a slow-to-cook dish
9. When you arrive at school/work; open your restaurant by moving the host table or other furniture away from the door, making sure it does not block your guest's path
10. Your restaurant will shift into 'autopilot' so concentrate on your lessons/work; LIVE A REAL LIFE
11. At lunch time, check on the progress and top up with some quick-to-cook dishes if necessary
12. After school/work, check on your restaurant before closing time; tip your neighbors, give them gifts and accept their gifts
13. Repeat from step 2

Hope this helps ;-)

DoPopInn
10-20-10, 07:37 PM
I so totally agree!, u spend so much time cookin for it to basically vanish!, maybe TeamLava could make 'everylasting' dished, like maybe the fruit salad & garden salad, that customers can come in and eat, rather than leave wit angry faces. or definitely reduce the amount off customers......

Also, if u put something in ur inventory, to use at a later time, say put 1 oven away to buy another oven before u reach a certain level, where is the inventory tab to retrieve ur items out?.....

deadpix
10-20-10, 08:47 PM
I so totally agree!, u spend so much time cookin for it to basically vanish!, maybe TeamLava could make 'everylasting' dished, like maybe the fruit salad & garden salad, that customers can come in and eat, rather than leave wit angry faces. or definitely reduce the amount off customers......

Also, if u put something in ur inventory, to use at a later time, say put 1 oven away to buy another oven before u reach a certain level, where is the inventory tab to retrieve ur items out?.....

Some players are complaining that there aren't enough customers :-) Actually, if you follow the steps I listed above, you'd never run out of food and would make 40K- 50K+ coins a day easily.

As for the inventory, if you put a stove in storage, simply tap on the Design icon and then go to the stove purchasing menu. If you had put a basic stove in storage, then you'll see a small orange triangle with a number at the bottom of the basic stove icon. To bring it out of storage, simply tap the basic stove icon and on the floor space you want to place it on.

Chez PooPoo
10-20-10, 10:17 PM
I am not impressed with tbis new, and broken, integrated store and storage system. City Story and Farm Story do not have this, and they are better for not having it. The old system is cleaner, more intuitive and prevents "accidents" like putting something in storage and not beung able to get
it out again because you don't have enough cash to buy a new one.

BRING BACK THE OLD STORE AND STORAGE SYSTEM!

Unregistered
10-21-10, 05:49 AM
You're playing the game wrongly. This isn't Diner Dash nor is it Cake Mania. You're not supposed to keep up with the endless stream of ravenous guests shambling in and out of your restaurant.

In real life, most restaurants have opening and closing hours; ALL will use the closing hours to prepare food for the next day. So here's what you might wish to try:

2. When it's time to close your restaurant for the night, move your Host Table (or another piece of furniture) in front of the door, blocking it; this blocks the zombie invasion
3. Use this time to cook up a storm but remember to also make use of your gifts from your neighbors
4. Just before you go to sleep, start a slow-to-cook dish like the burrito on the stove, Strawberry Shortcake on the oven, etc.
8. Go to school/work and if you take public transport, cook a few more batches; if you drive, put on a slow-to-cook dish
9. When you arrive at school/work; open your restaurant by moving the host table or other furniture away from the door, making sure it does not block your guest's path
10. Your restaurant will shift into 'autopilot' so concentrate on your lessons/work; LIVE A REAL LIFE
11. At lunch time, check on the progress and top up with some quick-to-cook dishes if necessary
12. After school/work, check on your restaurant before closing time; tip your neighbors, give them gifts and accept their gifts
13. Repeat from step 2

Hope this helps ;-)

Hey ya, your response did help! I guess I am playing the game totally wrong. . . I'm not trying to compare this game to Diner Dash or Cake Mania - just thought there was more of a point to this game then serving out food while being logged in and not getting recognized in any other way (example: happy customers/decor/available seating/available food)

Now that I realize this game really has no point other than cooking new dishes, and changing decor - I see no point in continuing this app. Honestly, thank you for helping point out the main objective of this game... As a person who is not a gamer or a person who is into games, I appreciate time not being wasted. And although I do not play City Story anymore, I still feel like it was a way better app than this. It kept my attention for about two months rather than 2 days.
Thank you everybody!

Unregistered
10-21-10, 10:03 AM
So here's what you might wish to try:
(...)
13. Repeat from step 2
Nice!! Thanks for these "operating instructions"! As far as I'm concerned, it really helped! Especially the idea of putting a piece of furniture in front of the door while closed! :)

Thanks, deadpix!

Unregistered
10-21-10, 07:29 PM

13. Repeat from step 2

Hope this helps ;-)

So, I think this is a cool approach to the game but, doesnt it still level out to where you make the same amount of money no matter if its with customers or not? Either way, its gonna balance out. Whether its through bits and pieces throughout the day or one huge "rush hour lunch special" and you get a huge payout.

Am I missin something? lol

deadpix
10-21-10, 08:23 PM
So, I think this is a cool approach to the game but, doesnt it still level out to where you make the same amount of money no matter if its with customers or not? Either way, its gonna balance out. Whether its through bits and pieces throughout the day or one huge "rush hour lunch special" and you get a huge payout.

Am I missin something? lol

Nope, you're not missing anything, except that if you did it in the "bits and pieces" way, you'd be so caught up in trying to cook enough to feed the endless flow of guests throughout the day that you'd not be able to live a real life. A rough estimate, assuming you had 24 tables and wanted to maintain your popularity rating at 50, places the number of plates required for an 8 hour operation at around 20,100.

You could just use 5 stoves to generate 134 batches of French Toasts over 2.5 hours to serve up that number of plates, but then your earnings would only be at a low 13,266 coins. However, you couldn't serve just Stew either because you'd need 24 Stoves cycling through 2 days each to meet the half-daily demand; this is assuming you got 3000 plates of stew as gifts from your neighbors daily too (20 x 150 plates).

I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "What kind of a nut case thinks about such things; get a life man, it's only a game." Well, I've got to squeeze in 8 hours of work, 6 hours of quality time with my wife and kids and 6 hours of sleep in a day, so that just leaves me 4 hours to eat 3 meals, meditate on the porcelain pedestal, read the news, handle miscellaneous tasks and squeeze in some game time, so making these calculations does sort of help me maximize whatever time I have, since I also have a farm, city, aquarium and aviary to look after as well as a Wasteland to completely explore and Aliens to defend against and conquer.

:-)

Showbiz Pizza
10-21-10, 09:14 PM
Ok, cool, was wondering if I was missing something. But I love the concept of the "closed restaurant". Definitely ads to a kinda stale game...I love the game but we all know it's going no where lol! I'm a huge fan of The Sims franchise so I'm so used to everything on the screen effecting something in some kinda way. I got really bored with farm story mad quick. Even my mom was like " the animals are not moving! They just stand there?" lol

I would love to see your restaurant, but understand if you don't wanna go whoring your storm ID lol.

-showbiz pizza

Unregistered
10-21-10, 10:31 PM
This app does not work properly. The way City Story is designed is great. Inventory works wonderfully well there. Where is the update to fix the inventory? You can't move any tiles once you place them, or wall colors. Gifts disappear. I had 2 ppl gift me within minutes of each other. I checked and they were in my Gifts. Ten minutes later I went to get one of them and only one was there! Someone invited me to be a neighbor over 24 hours ago and I still cannot gift him. This is ridiculous! I really love this game. I just wish they would fix it so it would work properly.