PDA

View Full Version : Help with Santa Factory

Gooberred
12-02-11, 08:38 PM
I purchased the Santa Factory and it is still in the building phase while I am waiting on materials. But when I touch the Factory to check on material status, it brings up the contracts window selection instead. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried selling it and buying a new one, but the new one is doing the same thing. Help please!

bigbux3
12-02-11, 09:05 PM
I purchased the Santa Factory and it is still in the building phase while I am waiting on materials. But when I touch the Factory to check on material status, it brings up the contracts window selection instead. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried selling it and buying a new one, but the new one is doing the same thing. Help please!

Hmmm. I'd say just go with the flow. But who wants the ugly building boards around the thing? No one. You've contacted Support... right?

kooky panda
12-02-11, 09:39 PM
Try restarting your device . If this does not solve the issue, delete the game and redownload it.

cashler87
12-02-11, 10:36 PM
I can't even get the Santa Factory to let me purchase it. I click it and then tap the empty land and it doesn't do anything!

kooky panda
12-02-11, 10:38 PM
I can't even get the Santa Factory to let me purchase it. I click it and then tap the empty land and it doesn't do anything!

You will need to have an open factory slot. If you are maxed and have all your factories out that you can have, you will need to sell a factory, then you will be able to place the santa factory.
You will get 300 coins for the sell of the factory. Also note it is big so make sure you have a large enough area to place it.

bigbux3
12-02-11, 10:38 PM

Try going straight into Build>Factory then try purchasing. Email Support. Or of course, what Kooky said above.

desertfarmer
12-02-11, 11:29 PM

Happening to me.. I bought 3... 2 are still in need of materials and 1 is not build yet but just like u, it takes me to contract... I tried doing the contract, but after some seconds, i will recve an out of sync message.. I will tap again, but same thing happens.. I reinstall, restarted my device, sell and buy new ones-- still the same thing...

Ipod4 (v4.3.5)

bigbux3
12-02-11, 11:35 PM
Strangely, I purchased one of these factories, actually 3, but I made the new contract: Toy box for 1 day. And at about 16 hours, the circle at the top of the factory gave the picture of an expired contract. It hadn't even been a full day, but right under the picture it said withered.
Has anyone else experienced this?

desertfarmer
12-02-11, 11:44 PM
Withered? That's strange........
Maybe they have mixed up with farm..... Anyone in farm that received an "expired" message? Lol!

eagle2112
12-03-11, 12:14 AM
I experienced 2 glitches, both the toy box after 16 hours remaining, and the contract window only after the Santa factoy has been cleaned. I reinstalled and rebooted my device.

bigbux3
12-03-11, 12:33 AM
I experienced 2 glitches, both the toy box after 16 hours remaining, and the contract window only after the Santa factoy has been cleaned. I reinstalled and rebooted my device.

This is weird.

Joypickles
12-03-11, 03:37 AM
Strangely, I purchased one of these factories, actually 3, but I made the new contract: Toy box for 1 day. And at about 16 hours, the circle at the top of the factory gave the picture of an expired contract. It hadn't even been a full day, but right under the picture it said withered.
Has anyone else experienced this?

This just ha[ppen to me as well

kooky panda
12-03-11, 09:30 AM
Has everyone deleted the game and redownloaded it from the app store? If so and you are still seeing this issue, please post the device, its Version and the version of the city game you are playing.

ilovecooper14
12-03-11, 09:37 AM
I am building two factories and every time I press 'Tap to manage' the contract catalog comes up. I have no way to request parts or complete the factory.

iPad 2
iOS 5.0.1

classyca99
12-03-11, 09:44 AM
First time in the forum.
Purchased one new christmas factory last night. and building started. This am was finished as I had materials. When I clicked on it to create a contract, it changed into the old factory.
Last night, I contracted on an icon called Toy Box for $3000, for 1 day and return to be $14,5000. on 11 factories. They changed into the new Christmas factory, very nice and festive.... but this am the contracts had expired and when I clicked on the factory contract button, it changed back to the old factory....so lots of coin lost in these transactions.
Obv iously a huge programming gliche....who do we contact

kooky panda
12-03-11, 09:52 AM
First time in the forum.
Purchased one new christmas factory last night. and building started. This am was finished as I had materials. When I clicked on it to create a contract, it changed into the old factory.
Last night, I contracted on an icon called Toy Box for $3000, for 1 day and return to be $14,5000. on 11 factories. They changed into the new Christmas factory, very nice and festive.... but this am the contracts had expired and when I clicked on the factory contract button, it changed back to the old factory....so lots of coin lost in these transactions.
Obv iously a huge programming gliche....who do we contact

I have sent this issue over to GM. Please post the device you play on, its version and the version of the City game you are playing.

OH welcome to the forum http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/Rockinorange/cute.gif

sourlicorice2
12-03-11, 10:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did a force close, turned my iPad off then on and deleted the app and reinstalled. I then deleted the factory and bought again and it worked for that. Bought a second one, same problem. Sold it and bought another one and fine now but don't want to keep doing that and losing all those coins.

I use an Ipad2 version 5.0
Game version 1.2.5

desertfarmer
12-03-11, 12:22 PM
I cant finish building my santa factory! When i tap to request the materials, it still takes me to contract... I cant start the contract, even if i tap one contract ,it will continously give me an out of sync error! Done everything adviced here....

Why dont they give updates on weekdays so we dont have to wait 2 more days to fix these issues? They surely knows that EVERYTIME they give updates, there is ALWAYS a problem.... Arent these tested first before implementing officially?

GroupMagma
12-03-11, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the reports. I'll send this info to engineering.

driftboutique
12-03-11, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the reports. I'll send this info to engineering.

I had the same exact experience with the toy box "withering" prematurely. I restarted, deleted, and redownloaded the app and built a new factory. I have a toy box running now in that factory and will report back tomorrow whether it works this time :)

cherry31415
12-03-11, 05:26 PM
I had the same issue with the toy box contract expiring way way too early. I actually made a thread about it before I saw this...woops! :P I'm running the newest version of City Story on a 3rd generation iPod touch (iOS 5.something). I also cant build a Santa Factory no matter what I do. It just won't place on an empty plot of land

cherry31415
12-03-11, 05:37 PM
Scratch the part about not being able to build a Santa Factory (I found out in another thread, go figure >.<)

driftboutique
12-03-11, 09:13 PM
I had the same exact experience with the toy box "withering" prematurely. I restarted, deleted, and redownloaded the app and built a new factory. I have a toy box running now in that factory and will report back tomorrow whether it works this time :)

It's still busted. I got a notification half an hour ago that it was about to expire, but there are 16+ hours remaining. This is what happened last time. iPad 1, iOS 5.0.1.