PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU manage your neighbors?

farmer217
12-02-11, 08:10 PM
I have a lot of neighbors! Well over 200. How do you manage yours if you have a lot? i.e. watering, gifting, etc. Do you keep track on paper or what?

Also, I do a lot of constructibles, and some of my nbrs don't always come through with requests for materials. I don't understand because it doesn't cost you anything to accept a request for materials!

However, I must say that most send gifts and a lot are faithful every day waterers/gifters. I do my best, but I'm not able to water everyone every day. Though I gift every day. Boy, does that take a long time to go through the list! :p I wish they had a "select all" button.

P.S. if you're my nbr, THANKS! I have so many that I enjoy looking at their farms and see what they change or add. :D

ariesblu
12-02-11, 08:53 PM
When I first started out, I thought these games were all about quantity. But I found it hard to manage over all of the games that I played. I started keeping track on paper (to the bemusement of my sister, lol) on who gifted/watered me, as well as how often I did the same with them. Now I do it on excel, which is a lot easier and cleaner to use. That way, I could delete people who were not reciprocating what I was giving out. Now that I do not have a lot of neighbors like I did (max I have is 60 I believe, and that's on Farmstory - in the 40s in BS, FS and RS). I'm lightweight playing NS, but I have a great minimum of neighbors that I want to keep capped low.

pinkster73
12-02-11, 09:01 PM
I start from the bottom of my list of neighbors and water them once daily. If they are full I only come back if they post on my wall that they replanted. (I only play farm). I gift everyone daily, I think, but its hard to tell because gifting is still messed up for android. I have about 65 neighbors. I also water back whoever waters me on my newsfeed.

cltucker0
12-03-11, 12:28 AM
I water everyone who waters me and I make sure my star rating stays a 4. If it does happen to get below a 4, I bring it back up within hours. On the weekends I try to water all my neighbors. Then, about once a month, I go thru my neighbors list and delete anyone with a low star rating or whose farm looks dormant. Needless to say, I gift "everyone" daily but who knows which neighbors actually get my gift.

barleycoon
12-03-11, 12:56 AM
I have quite a few nbrs that visit on the newsfeed so i do check that as well as my wall. I think in time we get to know which nbrs water back regularly. It's hard though when you have alot of nbrs, I enjoy it too its lovely visiting different farms.
I always try to wait a while when nbrs go inactive, as their could be a very valid reason why they are unable to play.
I just tend to gift all my nbrs now, I know some players just gift back. All of us can only do our best as time is precious, hopefully your nbrs are understanding.

nmishii
12-03-11, 01:27 AM
I have 107 neighbors in 3 games, but 8 don't really play anymore. I'd like to get down to 25-30 per game. I am 4 star, sometimes going to 3 at night, but my goal is to become 3 star all the time and be able to accept it.

I use an Excel spreadsheet to manage my neighbors. Not just to make sure my neighbors are good neighbors, but to make sure I am a good neighbor. It also tracks what type of gift each RS and BS neighbor wants.

Some days I tip/water all neighbors, some days I tip/water all neighbors who typically water/tip back, and usually during the workweek I'll water/tip back, often before and after work, and then water/tip the remaining daily waterers/tippers.

If a neighbor doesn't appear to be playing, I'll check out their place and wall and try to determine if they might have a real life reason for not playing, or if they have become a deadbeat neighbor. When people come back after a week and say they were out because a family member was sick and passed away, or they were dealing with a natural disaster, you tend to not be too quick to delete an inactive neighbor. Also, I don't delete or keep neighbors just because of their star rating.

I gift daily, but because of the time zone I'm in and when I gift, I'm not sure if my neighbors get my gifts because of the 10 gift buffer. And the messages I get when I send gifts don't always make sense. When I pick up gifts and tips I'll try to send gifts to whoever I can gift to. Today I sent all neighbors but 1 a gift, but that's rare.

CopperBoom
12-03-11, 03:19 AM
First once in a while I check neighbors with 1 or 0 stars and see if they're cooking/planting anything. If not check their wall and see if they left a msg about quitting. Delete those who are not active anymore.
Then I usually tip/water/like neighbors with 3 or 4 stars daily. If I have time I'll visit neighbors with 1 or 2 stars. I don't even bother with neighbors with 0 stars. Unless they gift I would just delete them. Saves me a lot of time.

scrappybug
12-03-11, 05:47 PM
I am up to 250 nbrs and I cannot water all every day so I water back those that posted on my wall. than I post on theirs, if they are full I post that too and if they tell me they replanted I go back to water them. I water the nbrs that gift me and than gift them back. also I water the nbrs that request materials, and gift them the item they are requesting as well as accept the request. I try to check the news feed and get some of the one that don't post. but I'm sure I miss some. I had requested all my nbrs to post on my wall so I could water them back also any new nbrs I'm sure to tell them also to please post. so if they don't I don't feel so bad if I miss them. I don't like to delete to much because some times life happens and they could be on vacation or in the hospital, going through a life crisis or something and want to play just can't.

FarmerZionLion
12-03-11, 06:14 PM
I hover around the 160 neighbour mark,going as high a 180 and not going below 150 that often.

There is a core group i make sure to water everyday if they do or not, i always see them on my wall/ news and i always see them gift.
Most though i only water if they water men and post on my wall
I will randomly check the news though and water people there as some neighbours don't leave wall comments and miss out on my waterings some non neighbours will also get my water backs.
once a week i will go through my entire neighbour list a weed out the dropouts / once in a blue moon 1 star waters'

Everyone is attempted a gift but as mentioned before if they are capped it may not always happen...

Rachael98
12-03-11, 06:18 PM
How do I manage them?
Quite simply, with the Forums (and a little bit of my own life), I just don't. I try my best with my 80-ish, but I struggle!

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Holidays/Winter_holidays/merry_christmas_2.gif
Sunday, 4th December 2011
Merry Christmas! 21 sleeps to go...

Rachael98:cool: (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)

Join (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?do=join&groupid=18) the TeamLava Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.teamlava.com/groups.php?groupid=18)!

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

Want a Signature made for you? PM me (forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1327), with any quotes, colours, info or images/GIFs you'd like in it and I'll do the hard work!:)

criizz
12-03-11, 06:45 PM
I have about 70-ish, I start with my wall posts every day then go through to every neighbor :)
I have a lot of inactive ones though that I need to delete.

mushroom79
12-03-11, 10:33 PM
Gift all your nbrs. Then after tipping resets, go and tip all the nbrs that returned your gifts, tipped you and then go to Social to tip the good nbrs who may not tip daily but you know are good nbrs. This is what I do daily, unless I am really tied down with work. In that case, I will post a message on my own wall. if I am going to get inactive for a longer period like more than two weeks, I would go post a message on the "regular gifting and tipping" and other good nbrs walls that I will be inactive and only return tips and gifts on weekends. Most often the good nbrs would understand and not delete you.

ScotlandPride
12-05-11, 01:40 PM
I agree with criizz its Very simple for me. 90 nieghbors(75 or so who water regularly) I can post a message on thier wall and water/gift each day in about 15 mins or so, not to many not too little just the perfect amount.

crystalrayn3
12-06-11, 09:31 AM
I have 179 neighbors and keeping them watered truly stresses my blonde roots. I make ernest attempts to splash them all at least every other day. Usually I tend to those who've gifted me and/or left comments on my wall first. Then I'll go back and nail the others when time permits. Of course my neighbors who've been with me since day 1 are always a priority. The neighbors who understand that life comes first are worth their weight in sprinkles😜

alirob
12-06-11, 11:31 AM
I only play farm story and have 416 neighbors (today). my first priority is keeping my farm planted so neighbors can water...I gift everyone everyday...I water everyone who has given me a gift and leave a message for them....I gift everyone who asks for materials as they pop up. I water everyone (sometimes it takes a while) who has left me a message on my wall and leave them a message too. If I have extra time I also water neighbors who stop by but don't leave a message. I accept all friend requests...occasionally I check on neighbors who have 0 water ratings to see if they are still farming. If not I will delete them.