PDA

View Full Version : Bad Christmas presents I've received.....

pinkster73
12-01-11, 10:25 PM
I'll start. One year I got a swiffer. Seriously.

expressW
12-01-11, 10:33 PM
What's a swiffer??

pinkster73
12-01-11, 10:37 PM
For cleaning the floors

http://i41.tinypic.com/nyfi4n.jpg

kooky panda
12-01-11, 10:44 PM
I had a customer one time that made her own jewelry. ( she was about 70 yrs young) She game me a huge bead necklace and huge bead dangle earrings.(in brown). lol
very unattractive... but I kept them in my desk and whenever I knew she as going to stop by I would put them on.. she was a very sweet person.
Not too bad, until one day I forgot I had them on and went to a company meeting and noticed some of the other woman gave me the "what in the world are you wearing" look...

expressW
12-01-11, 10:45 PM
LOL, that was for a joke right?

pinkster73
12-01-11, 10:50 PM
LOL, that was for a joke right?

You mean the swiffer? No it wasn't for a joke. That's what was so funny.

Kooky, you're a good sport. At least you wore them :)

expressW
12-01-11, 11:00 PM
If my partner bought me a cleaning tool as a present when I didn't ask for it, I would probably hut him over the head with it.... Haha...
But.... LOL, was it a good thing to clean with at least?

jiwoogenara
12-01-11, 11:12 PM
lol thats really funny pinster 

casadolce
12-01-11, 11:27 PM
I'll start. One year I got a swiffer. Seriously.

Did you do the swiffer dance? ��

Mkay86
12-01-11, 11:37 PM
When I was about 12 I got some ibuprophen from my step-aunt. my family had a good laugh and forgot about it. A ffew weeks later I had a headache and opened the box only to find a stack of lip gloss that she put in the box and glued perfectly back shut. Needless to say this is one gift I will never forget.

sourlicorice2
12-02-11, 02:20 AM
My mom who knits would always make me really nice sweaters that even strangers would comment on. Except for one year (I was about 15) she made me a white and very very very very bright flourescent yellow sweater. Needless to say I'd wear it under my winter jacket to school, go straight to the bathroom, take it off and stuff it in my backpack till after school where Id do the reverse. Hidious thing. I don't know what possessed her lol normally she'd make amazing sweaters with nice colours that I'd always be proud to show off.

Yarox
12-02-11, 05:31 AM
I have never had terrible gifts, as i can appreciate about anything lol

But maybe some for the thread here :P

> Once I got a part 2 of a book.... and I had never read part 1 lol
> Once I got a video game that was really terrible, it had received the worst of ratings on all gaming websites.

Thats all I can think of now lol ;)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

By George, I think he is...lol
Best Quote Ever ! :p

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo68/Cu_sunhl/MerryChristmas.gif

JuniperFruit
12-02-11, 06:39 AM
I love my Swiffer, lol. It was one of my bday presents and I love it :D
I have had some bad presents though, when I was a teenager my mum used to get me new panties every Christmas and I would unknowingly open them in front of my Dad and three brothers...Jeeze.

mtytomlinson
12-02-11, 07:09 AM
I love my Swiffer, lol. It was one of my bday presents and I love it :D
I have had some bad presents though, when I was a teenager my mum used to get me new panties every Christmas and I would unknowingly open them in front of my Dad and three brothers...Jeeze.

Haha! I've got under wears and bras for christmas last year from my aunts and grandma. I guess they really ran out of ideas for my Christmas presents since I am a teenager now :/ I still like toys ya know xD

sissy8
12-02-11, 07:23 AM
never got a christmaspresent:(:(

starcross
12-02-11, 09:14 AM
I got a cast-iron frying pan from the now EX-hubby, it was still in the bag from the store. With the receipt that had been charged to MY credit card. :mad:

pinkster73
12-02-11, 10:30 AM
Actually I used my swiffer so often I broke it and bought another one. But I did mention that maybe stuff like that we could buy and not make it a Christmas present.

@ starcross - he's your ex for a reason now ha ha

pinkster73
12-02-11, 10:31 AM
never got a christmaspresent:(:(

Oh no why not?

lambyo
12-02-11, 10:39 AM
My cousin used to buy the same gift for both my husband and me. Did I mention they were terrible gifts. So not only did we get something horrific, we got TWO!

pinkster73
12-02-11, 10:51 AM
My cousin used to buy the same gift for both my husband and me. Did I mention they were terrible gifts. So not only did we get something horrific, we got TWO!

What were they?

ilovecooper14
12-02-11, 10:55 AM
What were they?
That is exactly my thought, too. :)

pinkster73
12-02-11, 11:06 AM
Here's a bad gift I gave: One year I got my brother in law a plastic moose that when you moved its tail chocolate covered raisins came out of his bum. He deserved it.

kattybell
12-02-11, 11:06 AM
Here's a bad gift I gave: One year I got my brother in law a plastic moose that when you moved its tail chocolate covered raisins came out of his bum. He deserved it.

Lol that's great.

lambyo
12-02-11, 11:28 AM
To the poster who asked what awful double-gifts my husband and I got...one of them was a stuffed Grimmy (from Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon fame), that velcroed to the inside of a dresser drawer so it looked like he was stuck inside - yuck!

pinkster73
12-02-11, 12:25 PM
To the poster who asked what awful double-gifts my husband and I got...one of them was a stuffed Grimmy (from Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon fame), that velcroed to the inside of a dresser drawer so it looked like he was stuck inside - yuck!

Wow, just wow.

criizz
12-02-11, 12:53 PM
I don't think I've ever really gotten any awful gifts for Christmas, but a few years ago my friend
got a box of Cheez-its from her grandpa. HIL-AR-IOUS.

sissy8
12-02-11, 03:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by sissy8 View Post
never got a christmaspresent
Oh no why not?

we celebrate sinterklaas but i am to old to recieve a gift from him so i am a very sad case:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rachael98
12-02-11, 03:20 PM
Oh no why not?

we celebrate sinterklaas but i am to old to recieve a gift from him so i am a very sad case:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can have a Christmas present from me...now, how to get it there:o.

I could not possibly say...:p. Except the year long long ago, when I discovered a receipt...for a gift that came from a certain jolly fellow dressed in red...^^

And now I'll need some blinds, as I literally just (as I write this) annihilated my current one:(.

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Holidays/Winter_holidays/merry_christmas_2.gif
Friday, 2nd December 2011
Merry Christmas! 23 sleeps to go...

Rachael98:cool: (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)

Join (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?do=join&groupid=18) the TeamLava Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.teamlava.com/groups.php?groupid=18)!

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

Want a Signature made for you? PM me (forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1327), with any quotes, colours, info or images/GIFs you'd like in it and I'll do the hard work!:)

nmishii
12-02-11, 03:55 PM
Oh no why not?

I'm too old too. It didn't bother me to not get a gift until one Christmas when one of my nieces, who was around 3 or 4 at the time, asked me what Santa Claus brought me. Now I make sure I buy me a gift every year from Santa Claus. And more often than not, including this year, that gift is bought before I buy others.

pinkster73
12-02-11, 04:02 PM
I'm too old too. It didn't bother me to not get a gift until one Christmas when one of my nieces, who was around 3 or 4 at the time, asked me what Santa Claus brought me. Now I make sure I buy me a gift every year from Santa Claus. And more often than not, including this year, that gift is bought before I buy others.

Me too. For a few years it was just my 2 kids and I alone and Santa still got me something every year. And he always knew what I wanted!

Green4life1
02-21-12, 06:11 AM
For cleaning the floors

http://i41.tinypic.com/nyfi4n.jpg

Wow that's really lame well once I got an iPod from Santa not that there is any thing bad about that