PDA

View Full Version : Online Calculation Tool (New Thread) - Restaurant

sehana
12-01-11, 12:13 PM
So I learned a little bit from my JavaScript course and I'm thinking about making a tool (online/browser-based) that will do some calculations for Bakery/Restaurant.

You'll be able to enter in the appliance amount and select what recipe you'll be making and calculate all that stuff for you.
And whatever calculations that comes up.

This will be a lot of work and coding and was wondering if anyone is interested in having a tool like that?
This also might take me a while to do considering my other obligations.

If this is something that people are interested in, whichever gets the most responses, I will work on first.

So let me know what you think.

ultrafrog
12-01-11, 12:46 PM
What kind of "all that stuff" are you going to calculate?

I think the spreadsheet of recipe efficiency covers most everything. At higher levels the limitation is pretty much the number of dishes you can serve per hour which is set, and not what you're making.

nmishii
12-01-11, 12:56 PM
I voted No.

When I first started out, it might have been helpful. It will be helpful to lower level users.

I created my own Excel spreadsheet and tracked everything myself.

Now I'm to the point where I wait for weekly updates. I make dishes to master them and am done before the next weekly update. It takes 83 times to master; I put out 17 or 18 appliances and make them 5 times. That's all I really need to know now. I don't even have to know how to count to 5, since the mastery popup window will tell me when to stop. I sometimes compute how many plates it'll make, but it really doesn't matter since I'm going to master them regardless.

sehana
12-01-11, 01:16 PM
calculations: (selection)recipe x (entry)how many of that appliance a person has = output: Total profit & total XP
Level up calculation preparing with least amount of maintenance: (entry)how many more xp points a person has to go to reach next level / total appliance that one can have out on the floor at a time = output: best recipe(s) to cook with the least amount of maintenance. Then a side note saying that all the appliances out on the floor must all be the same type according to what recipe(s) is recommended.

LOL, I also thought the spreadsheet was enough until I received a suggestion on my website of where they can find any calculators to help figure out the numbers and such. I am doing 'research', lol as to how many people are really interested in this before I start it.

Thank you for your input :)

sehana
12-01-11, 01:22 PM
When I first started out, it might have been helpful. It will be helpful to lower level users.
- I agree. For users that are at a high enough level, I imagine that it doesn't really matter anymore and are more so working towards mastering everything.

Limaxa
12-01-11, 01:47 PM
I think this would be a waste of time.. It's just not necessary to have this.. Maybe you could use your knowledge for Other things, which are more important.

ultrafrog
12-01-11, 02:40 PM
The thing is that it's easy to tell you the most efficient way to level up is to just make french toast all day long, but you would be tapping a hole through your device by the time you're level 96.

A calculator isn't necessary since it likely won't take into account things like that. This is not a complex game, it's more useful for newer players to read a guide about what items have good cooking efficiency, like the 1 hour grill items (shrimp kabobs and tbone steak) that won't have you tapping all day yet bring in decent income/xp.

nmishii
12-01-11, 03:04 PM
When I wanted XPs to level up, I used the spreadsheet to see what recipes gave the most XPs / hr.
When I wanted to expand, I used the spreadsheet to see what recipes gave the most coins / hr.
When my food was running low, I used the spreadsheet to see what recipes gave the most servings / hr.

I think if you can filter and sort on a spreadsheet, and have the right calculations in them, that's sufficient.

sehana
12-01-11, 03:06 PM
I think if you can filter and sort on a spreadsheet, and have the right calculations in them, that's sufficient.
I think so too :) and I got those already covered :p lol :D for Bakery, Restaurant, Farm, Fashion & Nightclub :)
-so far I'm keeping them all updated as soon as I can get to them :)

3squares
12-03-11, 02:05 PM
Sehana, I do use your gorgeous Recipes page (the graphic one), where you can compare cooking times and coins earned, sort by appliance, all the time! (and thanks again BTW!) But I don't think I would use such a calculator, so I voted no. I agree that your spreadsheet (which I use less frequently, but is still a work of art) fulfills my calculation needs.

sehana
12-04-11, 11:50 PM
Thank u all for your great input!! And I appreciate that everyone likes the charts and that you all think that is enough info a person would need to accomplish their tasks. I see some of you have selected "yes" they would utilize a calculator like that. I appreciate the responses and will further see what I will be doing. I have a Dreamweaver project coming up so I will be concentrating on that until January. I'll still be around though :)