PDA

View Full Version : Can we get an explanation on the private policy?!

Unregistered
10-20-10, 09:19 AM
So to what extent does my information get shared with third parties for marketing and "other" purposes? I couldn't find the privacy policy in the game itself so managed to find it on the website. It states things like how my email, number and credit card will be shared with third parties and affiliates which sounds really shady. Hearing about the news that Zygna / Farmville and other games shared personal information recklessly has concerned me and reading this privacy policy has escalated my concern for my own privacy.*If I send an email to "opt out" of sharing private information, to what extent would actions be made??

Unregistered
10-21-10, 02:32 AM
Are you sure it said credit card would be shared? That would actually be illegal.

Unregistered
10-21-10, 03:35 AM
Here's a direct quote from the policy:

"TeamLava may collect personal and non-personal information from you when you use the Service.* Personal information is information that specifically identifies an individual, including, but not limited to, an individual?s name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home address.* Non-personal information is information that is not, on its own, personal information, such as an individual?s zip code, but that may be considered part of an individual?s personal information if combined with other identifiers in a way that enables identification of an individual."

Unregistered
10-21-10, 03:53 AM
"We may share aggregate information with third parties with whom we have a strategic relationship.* The information shared with these third parties may be used for industry analysis and demographic profiling."

"We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing how the Service is used."

"We may also provide Your Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you."

"We do not warrant or represent that your Account or any of Your Information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties"