PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant is never full

Unregistered
10-20-10, 09:05 AM
I have 33 seats in my restaurant, even with 50 smiley faces, it's about half full at best. There's always empty chairs. Do I have to add another host table to increase traffic?

nono
10-20-10, 09:08 AM
.................................................. .................................................. ....................

Unregistered
10-20-10, 10:28 AM
I have 33 seats in my restaurant, even with 50 smiley faces, it's about half full at best. There's always empty chairs. Do I have to add another host table to increase traffic?

Does every chair face its own table? You have to have a table for each chair; you can't put 2 or 4 chairs at one table unit.

deadpix
10-20-10, 11:25 AM
I'm not certain but there may be a limit to the number of guests that a restaurant, no matter how large, can server. For me, even at an unwavering rating of 50, there would always be one or two empty tables in my restaurant that can seat 24; but this sort of ensures that there are never any angry guests.

BTW, There are no blockages in my restaurant and every table has only one seat placed against it.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 01:51 PM
I'm the OP.

Yes, every seat in my restaurant is accessible and chairs do face the tables. One chair per table. I don't want to spend the coins on another host table to test it out as the storage bug is not fixed yet. Anyhow, I just want to see what's the point to expand the area of the restaurant if the max capacity is only 15-17 customers at one time. Customers eat too fast anyway. I'm always out of food to feed them. Most of the time, the restaurant is closed for food preparation.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 03:01 PM
the 2nd host question is a good one, I think right now team lava probably has it set that the popularity limit is 50 so you only need like 22 tables to seat everyone, which means that expanding is pointless. This is what I believe it to be and I would like team lava to make an update to allow more than 50 popularity so that more costumers will come, however if it just takes a 2nd host that would be fine to. If not then don't waste the money to expand past a 9X12, which means this game is going to get boring pretty quickly.

deadpix
10-20-10, 08:39 PM
the 2nd host question is a good one, I think right now team lava probably has it set that the popularity limit is 50 so you only need like 22 tables to seat everyone, which means that expanding is pointless. This is what I believe it to be and I would like team lava to make an update to allow more than 50 popularity so that more costumers will come, however if it just takes a 2nd host that would be fine to. If not then don't waste the money to expand past a 9X12, which means this game is going to get boring pretty quickly.

The second host option does not work, so for the moment, just maintain the number of tables at around 22 - 24.

Allowing more guests at this point in time may not be wise. I suspect that the servers are being heavily taxed by players who play this game as if it were Diner Dash or Cake Mania, hence the many crashes and out of sync issues.

However, there is actually a good reason to have as many tables as your flooring is able to take, even if the tables were not accessible to the guest... Tips! A neighbor can tip a table, regardless of whether it is accessible by a guest. Having more of these tables means that you'll be collecting more tips and hence build up your coin reserves more quickly.

As for getting bored too quickly, that depends entirely on the player. I've seen some who deliberately spent huge amounts on gems to in order to buy larger expansions and then decorate the entire place to look like a 5 Michelin Star Restaurant, complete with sections of what looked like a bar counter.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 08:49 PM
omg i hate this game i put something in my storage and now it wants me to buy it agian. they said that the game had a glitch but they are lieing!!!! dont you think so yo??????

deadpix
10-20-10, 08:54 PM
omg i hate this game i put something in my storage and now it wants me to buy it agian. they said that the game had a glitch but they are lieing!!!! dont you think so yo??????

They don't actually deduct that amount from you again. The glitch is that you need to have that amount of coins in your restaurant's accounts in order to pull the item out of storage; I repeat, they don't actually deduct that amount from you again when you pull out the item from storage. I've put tables, chairs, stoves, etc., etc. in storage and pulled them out again without paying anything extra.