PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain the privacy policy more clearly?

Unregistered
10-20-10, 08:11 AM
What information gets shared with third parties? I couldn't find the privacy policy in the game itself so managed to find it on the website. It states things like how my email, number and credit card will be shared in some instances which sounds really shady. Hearing about the news that Zygna / Farmville and other games shared personal information recklessly has concerned me and reading this privacy policy has escalated my concern for my own privacy.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 09:24 AM
So to what extent does my information get shared with third parties for marketing and "other" purposes? If I send an email to "opt out" of sharing private information, to what extent would actions be made and how can I confirm my information is protected??

Unregistered
10-20-10, 01:02 PM
Please delete this game from your phone. It is obviously upsetting you to think that your information is being shared. There is no opt out option. At best you can remove your credit card from your itunes account and replace it with a itunes gift card. Your email will still have to remain in place or you can opt to create a email just for itunes use so you can better monitor what is received and what is potentially a threat to your credit and privacy.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 03:51 PM
In the privacy policy it does mention an opt out method but I guess if everyone does that then ur company won't be too happy. All I wanted was a better understanding of the privacy terms but all I get is "delete the game" huh

Unregistered
10-20-10, 06:02 PM
In the privacy policy it does mention an opt out method but I guess if everyone does that then ur company won't be too happy. All I wanted was a better understanding of the privacy terms but all I get is "delete the game" huh

The policy is very detailed and you mention in your first post what will be shared. If there is an opting out option, why not take it? I suspect, however, that nothing will satisfy you.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 07:36 PM
The policy is very detailed and you mention in your first post what will be shared. If there is an opting out option, why not take it? I suspect, however, that nothing will satisfy you.

The privacy policy is broadly detailed but not detail specific in the most concerning areas. FYI the opt out option is stated in the third from last paragraph in the policy but it seems a bit vague. I realize not much can be done about my privacy from a customer service standpoint and will stop bugging you folks.

Curiosity ****ed the cat