PDA

View Full Version : Make Money Faster (Your Thoughts)

viiz6
11-28-11, 04:42 PM
I was thinking, to make money faster for those of us who are higher levels & have tons of food stocked up, when u click on the counter it says 'clear counter' & 'save food' ... (something along those lines.) There should be a 3rd option - 'sell all'. That would sell everything on that counter (whether it be 1 plate or 100,000 plates.) Whatever that plates sells for would go into your coin bank. Hawiian BBQ sells for 4 coins. If u have 30,000 plates of it & u click 'sell all', 120,000 coins would be added to your bank. This way us capped players can still make food without having our restaurants overflowing with 500,000+ plates of food.

Rachael98
11-28-11, 05:03 PM
I think that people could be upset if they accidentally tapped it, and that it would defeat the purpose of the sell rate, possibly causing further server sync issues.

viiz6
11-28-11, 05:12 PM
I think that people could be upset if they accidentally tapped it, and that it would defeat the purpose of the sell rate, possibly causing further server sync issues.

Well its just the same as people clicking on things too fast and wasting gems, u just have to be careful. I'm just lookin for a way to constantly cook food but not have it all pile up on 30 counters, each with a different food. U can clear it but that's a waste of money.

sterlingempire
11-28-11, 05:19 PM
I think this is a great idea. Pass it along to GM :)

However, Rachael has a point...

viiz6
11-28-11, 05:37 PM
I think this is a great idea. Pass it along to GM :)

However, Rachael has a point...

I also agree with Rachael but that's why this would be an option. The sell rate is great for low levels & overnight, but so slow when people actually have time to play. There doesn't seem to be a sync issue when players sell furniture (tables, chairs etc) or collect large amounts of coins from collectables. (Well I don't experience any problems) Don't think 'sync'-ing would be a problem. Any game that is server based has sync errors here & there.

- But thank u for the feedback 

aiyayu
11-28-11, 07:22 PM
Sell all would be nice but such an option seems game breaking and making sell hapiness based sell rate useless.

Now an option to sell 'wholesale' be nice with the catch being the batch would be sold for like 150% cost to make. Not a lot of profit, but there isn't a loss other than what could have been made.

nmishii
11-28-11, 07:58 PM
I love this idea. I've had over 2.2M plates of food on my bakery counters for almost 2 months now. And I only bake weekly updates and the minimum needed to master the food.

I think people would be less upset to accidentally sell all their food than spending 5 gems to instantly cook something.

If there's an issue with people cooking something and then instantly selling it, put some conditions on it that the food has to have been sitting on your counters for a certain length of time.

greygull
11-28-11, 09:42 PM
Just as a thought from a fellow player - what if this was an option that only unlocked after level 80 or so? The last unlocks are in the 70s, so something new in the 80s might be fun for higher level people.

nmishii
11-28-11, 10:13 PM
Just as a thought from a fellow player - what if this was an option that only unlocked after level 80 or so? The last unlocks are in the 70s, so something new in the 80s might be fun for higher level people.

That would be fine. Or even unlock after the last expansion is bought. Then you don't get people making and instantly selling food just to get the coins to buy an expansion. It should be something just to sell the food on your counters without wasting it so you can play the game. Right now I can only make foods to master then put away my appliances until the next weekly update with food. There's food I haven't made in a long time that I would like to, but won't because it'll just add more counters of food that won't sell.

amygdane
11-28-11, 10:51 PM
I just wish when you serve the same dish multiple times it would go to the same counter. That would make things a lot easier. I do like the "sell all" idea though!

barleycoon
11-29-11, 12:26 AM
I love this idea. I've had over 2.2M plates of food on my bakery counters for almost 2 months now. And I only bake weekly updates and the minimum needed to master the food.

I think people would be less upset to accidentally sell all their food than spending 5 gems to instantly cook something.

If there's an issue with people cooking something and then instantly selling it, put some conditions on it that the food has to have been sitting on your counters for a certain length of time.

Really great idea that it should be food that's been their for ages, it would help us sell the more unpopular food/drinks. Thanks for suggesting that, it would help out so many players.

nmishii
11-29-11, 12:41 AM
Really great idea that it should be food that's been their for ages, it would help us sell the more unpopular food/drinks. Thanks for suggesting that, it would help out so many players.

Thank you. But I really can't take credit for this idea. It's viiz6's idea - he's the one who suggested it, I was agreeing and in the last two paragraphs was commenting on other posts before mine. But thank you for thinking it was a good idea.

And its really not the more unpopular food/drinks. The ones that sit on my counters are the ones that have a high yield, and after mastering them I have 200000 to over 300000 plates on one counter. Food is consumed at about the same rate on each counter.

Once again, thank you.

aiyayu
11-29-11, 02:02 AM
I just wish when you serve the same dish multiple times it would go to the same counter. That would make things a lot easier.
It does. Just have less free counters out before you take things off stoves. Plates also force combine when there is no clear counters when you are trying to add an unique dish to counters full of the same food.

amygdane
11-29-11, 12:53 PM
It does. Just have less free counters out before you take things off stoves. Plates also force combine when there is no clear counters when you are trying to add an unique dish to counters full of the same food.

I take out the empty counters before serving. It's time consuming and I lorr that I might put away a full counter.

viiz6
11-29-11, 06:05 PM
Or they could make a counter that is unlockable at level 96 & only that counter has he sell all option

lj74717
11-29-11, 09:35 PM
This is a great idea of course, but I do want to say that in other restaurant games the quick sell option costs something like the gems we have here...
Perhaps TL may consider setting a discount, say 70% of the proceeds..? at least better than letting the food stay there forever. I can't imagine eating something that was made a month ago.

nmishii
11-29-11, 10:38 PM
This is a great idea of course, but I do want to say that in other restaurant games the quick sell option costs something like the gems we have here...
Perhaps TL may consider setting a discount, say 70% of the proceeds..? at least better than letting the food stay there forever. I can't imagine eating something that was made a month ago.

Then if you eat at my restaurant or bakery, be careful of what you order. I use some really powerful preservatives in my food. I have food in my bakery from August. I have Vanilla Scoop ice cream on my counters from Aug - I'm not sure why they haven't melted yet. I have 112K Gravestone Brownies and 317K Candy Corn Macaroons that I will still be selling on Valentine's Day.

I'd go for taking a percentage of the sales. I'd probably leave them or trash them before selling them for gems.

Wilbursworld
11-30-11, 12:42 AM
I noticed the food sells much faster in my restaurant than my bakery and I am on around the same level in both so not sure why either but a sell all option would be nice for level 80 and up players.

barleycoon
11-30-11, 01:02 AM
I noticed the food sells much faster in my restaurant than my bakery and I am on around the same level in both so not sure why either but a sell all option would be nice for level 80 and up players.

I've found my food sells quicker in RS too, I have certain dishes in bakery that are very slow to sell.
However, it is nice to have lovely food on display.

viiz6
11-30-11, 06:14 AM
70-80% sounds good like lj74717 said. Get 70% when selling now or wait & get the full 100%. That sounds like a plan TL should get to work on 

cindyc1988
11-30-11, 06:59 AM
Has anyone heard if TL is considering any of these things to help get our food sold faster? I am on level 60 and starting to have these problems. Would be nice to have less counters so more decorating options. Also would bring back some of the excitement to the game to HAVE to cook food. I remember when I first started how much fun it was to have to worry about keeping counters full!

ultrafrog
11-30-11, 10:18 AM
Only way I see this happening is yeah, if it costs gems to exercise this option. If it had to use gems though, very few people would do it since coins are free, gems are not.

If you want the aesthetics of serving 'themed' food, then clear your counters and do that. Once you have 18 appliances you can easily build up enough servings and never run out of food.

It's the fear of 'waste' that is the mental roadblock preventing players from clearing counters. The reality is that unless you clear them, you will NEVER be able to serve out all the food to customers without stopping playing for many months and stop cooking food.

This is also likely the reason why TL increased prices of additional appliances. It's useless to have a ton of appliances because the food you produce far exceeds the ability to serve said food hence millions of servings sitting on counters.