PDA

View Full Version : When did the price of the extra slot change?

xSnowyOwlx
11-28-11, 01:05 PM
I have never bought the extra slot, but I remember that it cost 25 gems.

Now it says the slot will cost 35 gems. Now, customers pay $4.99 just for 24 gems so the extra slot used to cost over $5 and now it's even higher than that? What happened - did not enough people accidentally tap on the extra slot?

kattybell
11-28-11, 01:07 PM
Everyone's gems prices vary now. Mine does cost 35 gems like yours. A lot I have seen has been more. Especially for expansions.

nmishii
11-28-11, 01:10 PM
The prices recently changed for extra slots, expansions, and constructable parts when purchased with gems. The prices are random. Some people's extra slot is 50 coins, and people have posted that they accidentally tapped the extra slot and lost 40 or 50 gems.

I loved your last question. :)

pinkberry22
11-28-11, 10:09 PM

Now it says the slot will cost 35 gems. Now, customers pay $4.99 just for 24 gems so the extra slot used to cost over $5 and now it's even higher than that? What happened - did not enough people accidentally tap on the extra slot?

Extra slot for me is 50 gems! And I accidentally got one so how about 10$ for a lame slot.... Unbelievable.. T.T

sourlicorice2
11-29-11, 08:22 AM
Extra slot is 20 for me (still wouldn't waste 20 gems on a slot) and expansion is 80 (again wouldn't waste any gems on a expansion).

pinkster73
11-29-11, 08:26 AM
The prices for different customers are random. Can you imagine walking into a store to buy a sweater and it costs $50 for you to buy, but cost the person in front of you $25? Then it costs the person behind you $35. Not a good business practice in my opinion.

kattybell
11-29-11, 08:29 AM
The prices for different customers are random. Can you imagine walking into a store to buy a sweater and it costs $50 for you to buy, but cost the person in front of you $25? Then it costs the person behind you $35. Not a good business practice in my opinion.

That's a very good example.

BellasPalace1
11-29-11, 09:35 AM
My extra slot went from 25 gems to 20 gems....I accidentally bought one when I realized it dropped.

sourlicorice2
11-29-11, 10:00 AM

I agree......................

ariesblu
11-29-11, 10:04 AM
I agree with the others, that this is a perfect example.

shakiba
11-29-11, 11:34 AM
Wowo, the more I think about, the more i think what better way to use your money instead of spnding it for one single slot or expansion (etc)
$10 is a lot for a poor person. Its just sad instead of helping them, u spend that money for a single slot for some game. This is just one example. You can do soooo much more with ten dollars1 Its unbelievable!

shakiba
11-29-11, 11:35 AM
Wowo, the more I think about, the more i think what better way to use your money instead of spnding it for one single slot or expansion (etc)
$10 is a lot for a poor person. Its just sad instead of helping them, u spend that money for a single slot for some game. This is just one example. You can do soooo much more with ten dollars1 Its unbelievable!

soo many typos sorry. -_-

xSnowyOwlx
11-29-11, 01:09 PM

I hardly ever give money to anyone. I don't even have a "smartphone" because that would cost so much money that I don't have. I myself am in poverty. The only reason I still have my iPod is because I would go crazy without all my songs. I no longer even have a computer which sucks for trying to get my Christmas music on (I have to hope a housemate will let me use their laptop).
As for giving money out, there are sadly quite a few people in poverty who wouldn't use that money for bettering their lives. That's why outside a fast-food place I'd buy them something to eat instead of giving them money if they ask for change so they can eat. That way I know they are feeding their bodies and not a bad habit.

xSnowyOwlx
11-29-11, 01:11 PM
The prices recently changed for extra slots, expansions, and constructable parts when purchased with gems. The prices are random. Some people's extra slot is 50 coins, and people have posted that they accidentally tapped the extra slot and lost 40 or 50 gems.

I loved your last question. :)

50 COINS?!!!! Who gets to be lucky enough to buy the extra slot for 50 coins? Man, I wish I had that option.

sissy8
11-29-11, 01:12 PM
34 for a slot:mad:, now way:rolleyes::rolleyes:

flowless
11-29-11, 01:15 PM
50 for me

is that because i recently bought gems

cuz its 20 in bakery where i never bought gems there yet

so if i buy gems i will get higher prices
not the best way to tempt me t0 spend my money again
if anything i didnt even bother buying in the 40 % sale
(and i was waiting for a long time for it )

TL u should think twice about ur random pricing and offers

dalula
11-29-11, 04:29 PM
50 COINS?!!!! Who gets to be lucky enough to buy the extra slot for 50 coins? Man, I wish I had that option.

Maybe 50 coins is a typo? nmishii, do you mean 50 gems? I dont think you can get a slot with coins. My slot is 40 gems.

nmishii
11-29-11, 04:33 PM
Maybe 50 coins is a typo? nmishii, do you mean 50 gems? I dont think you can get a slot with coins. My slot is 40 gems.

Yeah, that was a typo. I meant gems. Sorry.

yvette36
11-29-11, 04:38 PM

Fashion Story: it use to cost 25 gems per slot now it cost 50 gems per slot!!! That's crazy!

roxabelle
11-30-11, 02:15 PM
Mine has gone up to 50 gems for an extra slot, and I'm completely paranoid about accidentally tapping it because it doesn't say "are you sure you want to purchase this?" it just takes your gems in an instant!

Kinda like........... walking into a store and seeing a top you like, but before you've decided you actually want to buy it the sales assistant grabs your wallet, steals your card, and charges you for the sweater. Which is hideous and massively overpriced.

ilovecooper14
11-30-11, 02:29 PM
My slot price just went back down to 25... (was 35)

Mkay86
11-30-11, 03:52 PM
My slot price is only 20 gems and I have never purchased gems for fashion. Weird

dalula
11-30-11, 04:13 PM
My slot price is only 20 gems and I have never purchased gems for fashion. Weird

Slot prices are random. Has nothing to do with wheter you buy gems or not.

j0dst3r
11-30-11, 08:50 PM
Soo weird mine went up to 30 gems but now I just realized its back down to 25 gems. Anyone else's change back to the original price?

j0dst3r
11-30-11, 08:51 PM
My slot price just went back down to 25... (was 35)
Opps didn't see this before I posted lol. Mine went down too ;)

janibany
12-01-11, 04:07 AM
Mine went back to 25 as well. I like better the 35 gems slot, that way I won't buy one by accident, since I use my 24 gems in a box as soon as I reach the number

quentinsmommy
12-01-11, 06:43 AM
Mine's 25 as well. No problem for me since I can't afford gems and only have 4 right now from mastery.

sourlicorice2
12-01-11, 10:03 AM
Did anyone elses expansion for gems go back down? Mine went up to 80 but now r down to 40. Not that it matters as I don't use gems to expand. just curious.

sourlicorice2
12-01-11, 10:06 AM
Extra slot is 20 for me (still wouldn't waste 20 gems on a slot) and expansion is 80 (again wouldn't waste any gems on a expansion).

Just checked fashion....expansions have changed again to 40 and extra slots are up from 20 to 25.

kattybell
12-01-11, 10:12 AM
Just checked fashion....expansions have changed again to 40 and extra slots are up from 20 to 25.

My exspansion is 40 now, and slots are 25.

pinkberry22
12-01-11, 12:11 PM
Yup they changed it back go 25 for slots and 40 for expansions finally :3

kooky panda
12-01-11, 12:14 PM
My slot had gone down to 20 now it is back up to 25.

Lee_7
12-01-11, 08:55 PM
So my my slots were 20 gems and twice now I've accidentally tapped and lost gems (they will NEVER put a confirm option as this mistake is a regular occurrence by players) so I do buy gems, and for helping make TL richer they 'punish' by putting the price of slots up because I'm a regular gem buyer? Are you kidding me? Lol dodge or what.

Lee_7
12-01-11, 08:56 PM
Oh, my slots are currently 35 gems ��

nmishii
12-01-11, 09:00 PM
So my my slots were 20 gems and twice now I've accidentally tapped and lost gems (they will NEVER put a confirm option as this mistake is a regular occurrence by players) so I do buy gems, and for helping make TL richer they 'punish' by putting the price of slots up because I'm a regular gem buyer? Are you kidding me? Lol dodge or what.

TL is an equal opportunity gem taker. They' raised prices for regular gem buyers, infrequent gem buyers, weekly gem buyers, an those who don't buy gems. And they have no problem taking gems from anyone.

hayzgirl
12-02-11, 07:58 AM
I'm glad TL realized how upset everyone was and brought the price of slots back to 25, on my phone the slots were 30, but on my Ipod at level 61, The price for an extra slot hd gone up to 50 Gems!!