PDA

View Full Version : pretty sneaky

reokster
11-28-11, 08:59 AM
wow, TL, you're think you're slick.

Anyone else notice the new DELAYED pop up to trick you into buying gems??? All the other pop ups still pop up as soon as you enter the game....but the GEM pop up is now delayed slightly....in an obvious attempt to have you accidently buy gems while you are already in game play.

:mad:

kattybell
11-28-11, 09:01 AM
Can you accidentally buy gems? When I purchase gems a pop up comes up that says are you sure? You can hit buy or cancel..

sourlicorice2
11-28-11, 09:14 AM
Can you accidentally buy gems? When I purchase gems a pop up comes up that says are you sure? You can hit buy or cancel..

Same here. I hit it accidentally all the time and get are u sure button.

pinkberry22
11-28-11, 09:28 AM

Yup and more u have to enter ur apple password before purchasing
So don't think u can accidenlty buy gems unless u are new to the game and u have no idea what u are doing lol
And by that I don't mean u reokster o.o just generally speaking

ilovecooper14
11-28-11, 09:32 AM
So don't think u can accidenlty buy gems unless u are new to the game and u have no idea what u are doing lol

Well once I bought gems in bakery, entered my password, then went to fashion. I bought gems there but didn't have to enter my password because I just made a purchase a minute ago.

kattybell
11-28-11, 09:33 AM
Well once I bought gems in bakery, entered my password, then went to fashion. I bought gems there but didn't have to enter my password because I just made a purchase a minute ago.

True, I only have to enter my password once, then go into another game and buy gems and don't have to re-enter.

GroupMagma
11-28-11, 09:36 AM
As others have mentioned, it's very hard to accidentally purchase Gems for real-world currency. There are a few confirmations and information verifications that one would go through (on iOS or Android) in order to purchase Gems/CC. Also, in the event that such a purchase WAS made, as long as the Gems/CC aren't spent, and you email Support when it happens, they should be able to refund the purchase in most cases.

kattybell
11-28-11, 09:41 AM
As others have mentioned, it's very hard to accidentally purchase Gems for real-world currency. There are a few confirmations and information verifications that one would go through (on iOS or Android) in order to purchase Gems/CC. Also, in the event that such a purchase WAS made, as long as the Gems/CC aren't spent, and you email Support when it happens, they should be able to refund the purchase in most cases.

That's good to know, thanks.

pinkberry22
11-28-11, 10:21 AM

Yes u need to enter it once then u can buy again without having to enter it again
But I don't think someone that stupid to do it o.o it takes more than one tap to accidnetly buy gems
Not like slots and box etc

ilovecooper14
11-28-11, 10:22 AM
Yes u need to enter it once then u can buy again without having to enter it again
But I don't think someone that stupid to do it o.o it takes more than one tap to accidnetly buy gems
Not like slots and box etc

Yup, there is a confirmation for this purchase! :p

reokster
11-28-11, 02:31 PM
thanks everyone. ...i know you have to confirm that purchase. I'm just saying....i think it's sneaky/tricky to delay that particular pop up. The ultimate goal is to get the player to buy gems....

reokster
11-28-11, 02:54 PM
on a side note, i think FS is a super cute game, i love that there are soo many different ways to decorate. and it's easy to make a lot of coins quickly.... more quickly than any of the other games, it seems.

shakiba
11-28-11, 03:54 PM

Well duh, the system needs to know who is purchasing and with what. (ex: credit card, gift card, etc...)

mushroom79
11-30-11, 02:11 AM
for my case, there is a really high possiblity to WASTE gems but not to purchase gems....

quentinsmommy
12-01-11, 06:41 AM
Yeah, that's why I shut off the allow in-app purchases switch on my iPhone 4. I'm quite careful there....