PDA

View Full Version : the reason why I'm about to delete this game

suetirami
11-28-11, 05:05 AM
...is THAT NASTY NEWSBOX which is always popping up.
and NO, I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL ANY OTHER GAME TO GET GEMS!!!
I think it should let people choose to see that stupid box or not, I have already 12387621356213465 internet browsers open to 'download and install' other games. it TERRIBLY LAGS my phone. plus
I HATE IT!!!!!! it happens accidently and it's totally annoying.
please fix that with the next update, otherwise it won't be interesting for me at all anymore...ruins all the fun :/

expressW
11-28-11, 05:48 AM
A lot of people would love to get those popups... Free gems with download is one of the only perks androids have. I love that...

Why don't you just download the games and get the free gems? Farm was the first game I downloaded and after downloading all the TL and storm8 games I ended up with like 80 hens free or something.

After downloading them all, I now get hardly any pop UPS, its winwin for u really.

expressW
11-28-11, 05:48 AM
80gems free... Sorry, autocorrect.....

gingerrabbitkitkat
11-28-11, 05:58 AM
...is THAT NASTY NEWSBOX which is always popping up.
and NO, I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL ANY OTHER GAME TO GET GEMS!!!
I think it should let people choose to see that stupid box or not, I have already 12387621356213465 internet browsers open to 'download and install' other games. it TERRIBLY LAGS my phone. plus
I HATE IT!!!!!! it happens accidently and it's totally annoying.
please fix that with the next update, otherwise it won't be interesting for me at all anymore...ruins all the fun :/

Please don't delete.

themcookies
11-28-11, 09:46 AM
On iOS there is no gem reward for downloading their other games, why?

kattybell
11-28-11, 09:47 AM

I think it's only available on Android devices.

nmishii
11-28-11, 09:49 AM

Apple prohibits it.

themcookies
11-28-11, 09:49 AM
Apple prohibits it.

Oh, it was available for mega jump but maybe its a new rule.

ilovecooper14
11-28-11, 09:50 AM
Apple prohibits it.

I remember getting 10 gems every time I downloaded a TeamLava Story app a while back

nmishii
11-28-11, 09:53 AM
Oh, it was available for mega jump but maybe its a new rule.

Yes, since sometime in the summer.

TL did offer 7 gems for downloading the Halloween version of Farm Story, which violated Apple's rule. Someone posted a link to an article where Apple started this rule. Can search the internet for that article.

nmishii
11-28-11, 10:16 AM
I remember getting 10 gems every time I downloaded a TeamLava Story app a while back

That would make sense that iOS users got 10 gems. Android users get 6. Wouldn't want Android users to get the same as iOS.

And since they stopped giving out gems to iOS, Android only gets them when they release a new Story game. I'm still waiting for Treasure Story to be released for my last 6 gems.

sunnyDreams
11-28-11, 11:10 AM
I just started BS & RS on android in October and got 6 gems for downloading the older games. I'm level 96 on apple and got no gems ever for downloading games. If you download the games the pop up for that game will stop. You can always delete the game later.

ariesblu
11-28-11, 11:53 AM
I just started BS & RS on android in October and got 6 gems for downloading the older games. I'm level 96 on apple and got no gems ever for downloading games. If you download the games the pop up for that game will stop. You can always delete the game later.
Yes, but the manner in which they are doing it is disingenuous. If I do not desire to download a game simply to add to their numbers, I shouldn't be bombarded with a pop up to download said game constantly while opening the game and during game play.

suetirami
11-28-11, 12:28 PM
A lot of people would love to get those popups... Free gems with download is one of the only perks androids have. I love that...

you ain't not gonna tell me you love it when pops up right when you're choosing food to cook.I have already wasted such much time to close the browser or market window..and it even crashes the whole game sometimes..

Why don't you just download the games and get the free gems? Farm was the first game I downloaded and after downloading all the TL and storm8 games I ended up with like 80 hens free or something.y

because I'm simply not interested in having more games. it rather sounds like you're trying kind of hard to promote the games..

After downloading them all, I now get hardly any pop UPS, its winwin for u really.

+and it takes space from your phone.can't go for that

nmishii
11-28-11, 12:40 PM
+and it takes space from your phone.can't go for that

Once you download the game, open it. Go back to the game you downloaded it from and verify you got your gems. Then delete the game.

cakeandpie
11-28-11, 01:56 PM
That would make sense that iOS users got 10 gems. Android users get 6. Wouldn't want Android users to get the same as iOS.

It was 6 gems on iOS too. At least it was for me every time I downloaded another TL/S8 game through a free gem offer.

cakeandpie
11-28-11, 01:57 PM
I agree with the OP. I don't mind seeing a popup once, but I get so sick of making the same popups go away a million times! Once you close a popup once, that should be it. That popup should never reappear. I hate clicking away popups for gems sales for days, and popups for the weekly update for 4 days--over half the week!

suetirami
11-28-11, 02:22 PM
I agree with the OP. I don't mind seeing a popup once, but I get so sick of making the same popups go away a million times! Once you close a popup once, that should be it. That popup should never reappear. I hate clicking away popups for gems sales for days, and popups for the weekly update for 4 days--over half the week!

exactly,thank you! finally someone who found back to the point. all of these pop-up announcements hold me back from actually playing the game.

and NO,it does not stop asking to download the games that you have alreadiy deleted as well.
I was hoping that the popups won't show up again as I download zoo story, I thought wrong..

Rachael98
11-28-11, 02:23 PM
exactly,thank you! finally someone who found back to the point. all of these pop-up announcements hold me back from actually playing the game.

and NO,it does not stop asking to download the games that you have alreadiy deleted as well.
I was hoping that the popups won't show up again as I download zoo story, I thought wrong..

You need to run the game (ie. Enter it once)

pastrychef17
11-28-11, 02:36 PM
Yes, but the manner in which they are doing it is disingenuous. If I do not desire to download a game simply to add to their numbers, I shouldn't be bombarded with a pop up to download said game constantly while opening the game and during game play.

That's exactly why I will never download the game they keep popping up for me to download. Never.

suetirami
11-28-11, 03:10 PM
You need to run the game (ie. Enter it once)

I did,and even after all this I've been asked over and over again.