PDA

View Full Version : gift problem

hihiivy247
11-26-11, 06:09 AM
i haven't receive any gifts but my neighbours said i'm full

where should i find my gifts? i thought it's at the message tab.. but there's no any gift, did i miss something? can anyone please help me... i'm new to the game

i'm using the android version, LG Optimus 2x.. updated to gingerbread

note**i'm playing restaurant story aswell but don't have any problem

nmishii
11-26-11, 06:14 AM
You'll find your gifts under messages, same as in Restaurant Story.

Try uninstalling and reinstallilng your app. Move it to your SD card. If you still have a problem, a mod can help you. Or you can email support@teamlava.com

hihiivy247
11-26-11, 06:59 AM
tried but failed:(

kooky panda
11-26-11, 08:19 AM
When your nbrs try to send you gifts and they get the screen that the gift does not go, couple things could be happening.

The have to wait 24 hours from the day before, to send you another gift. So if the day before they sent you a gift at 2:00 pm, they will not be able to send you another gift until After 2:00 pm the next day.
Also you can only get gifts based on when you accepted them the day before. So if you accepted 10 gifts the day before at 2:00 pm, and your other 10 gifts at 7:00 pm then you will not be able to accept gifts until 2:00 pm (10 gifts) and 7:00 pm ( 10 gifts).
Also you can only hold 10 gifts at a time. If you have 10 gifts and do not accept them, no one will be able to send you a gift until you accept the pending gifts you have.
When my gifts get off and and come too late in the day, I will take a day to reset the time when I can get gifts. I will leave the gifts and not accept any during the day . Before I go to bed, I decline the 10 gifts.
The next morning I look at the time that the gifts came in and any before midnight I decline. Then I start accepting all the gifts as they come in.
The next day, then the times I can get gift resets and I will normally get all by 20 by lunch time.

nmishii
11-26-11, 08:37 AM
When your nbrs try to send you gifts and they get the screen that the gift does not go, couple things could be happening.

The have to wait 24 hours from the day before, to send you another gift. So if the day before they sent you a gift at 2:00 pm, they will not be able to send you another gift until After 2:00 pm the next day.
Also you can only get gifts based on when you accepted them the day before. So if you accepted 10 gifts the day before at 2:00 pm, and your other 10 gifts at 7:00 pm then you will not be able to accept gifts until 2:00 pm (10 gifts) and 7:00 pm ( 10 gifts).
Also you can only hold 10 gifts at a time. If you have 10 gifts and do not accept them, no one will be able to send you a gift until you accept the pending gifts you have.
When my gifts get off and and come too late in the day, I will take a day to reset the time when I can get gifts. I will leave the gifts and not accept any during the day . Before I go to bed, I decline the 10 gifts.
The next morning I look at the time that the gifts came in and any before midnight I decline. Then I start accepting all the gifts as they come in.
The next day, then the times I can get gift resets and I will normally get all by 20 by lunch time.

Did they change this AGAIN???

The last time I paid attention to the gifting was a while ago. Then the 24 hr clock was on the time you received the gift, not accepted it. So if you received a gift at 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00, but did not accept them until 5:00, and you accepted 20 gifts that day, the next day you couldn't receive gifts until 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00. In your example you would be able to receive 3 at 5:00.

On the 10 gift buffer change, when it was first released I noticed the older gifts getting dropped as newer gifts came in. Did they change it to be the 1st 10 gifts, like when they first changed the gifting system you could only store the 1st 20 gifts?

When did these changes happen? Did it happen for both iOS and Android?

nmishii
11-26-11, 10:27 AM
Did they change this AGAIN???

The last time I paid attention to the gifting was a while ago. Then the 24 hr clock was on the time you received the gift, not accepted it. So if you received a gift at 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00, but did not accept them until 5:00, and you accepted 20 gifts that day, the next day you couldn't receive gifts until 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00. In your example you would be able to receive 3 at 5:00.

On the 10 gift buffer change, when it was first released I noticed the older gifts getting dropped as newer gifts came in. Did they change it to be the 1st 10 gifts, like when they first changed the gifting system you could only store the 1st 20 gifts?

When did these changes happen? Did it happen for both iOS and Android?

kooky, when did the gifting system change? What else changed when it changed?

nmishii
11-26-11, 04:56 PM
Kooky, I'm serious. I've always been interested in the gifting system and didn't realize it changed. It seemed the same to me. When did this change, and for what platforms?

kooky panda
11-26-11, 05:45 PM
sorry I must of missed this thread earlier. I went and reread my post. sorry I know It was confusing..

No nothing has changed. I meant to say that your time is set when the gift is received and that it gets locked in when you accept the gift, so If you are trying to reset your gifts accept only accept the ones that are received at the times you want to keep. For example I like my gifts to all be in by 2:00 pm, so any gifts that are received after 2:00, I do not accept. Then before I go to bed I decline all the pending gifts.

I thought the bottom gift stopped dropping off because on Thanksgiving I did not play my games and when I came in that night I only had 10 gifts and the bottom gift had come in at 6:00am .
( I had quit paying attention too)

I checked today and let the gifts stack up and yes the bottom gift is still dropping off.
I guess on thanksgiving, alot of my nbrs were not playing and maybe I only got 10 gifts for the day.:confused: (strange because I do have over 100 nbrs.)

nmishii
11-26-11, 07:16 PM
Thank you. I like gift receipt rather than gift accept so I am glad that didn't change.

But I wish the gifts would stop coming in at 10 instead of dropping off.