PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story - Force Close

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 07:54 PM
I can't get my bakery story to run! For the last hour or two it's been timing out at the screen announcing the French art for sale and forces closed. I was in the middle of a massive renovation, had bought gems earlier in the afternoon w/the 40% off sale and that worked fine, but now I can't get it to run. I've done everything I know to do, uninstallled and reinstalled the game, powered off my phone, removed the battery and waited but still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm worried all my food will go bad & my neighbors will wonder what the heck is going on w/my bakery! Suggestions??

kooky panda
11-25-11, 08:00 PM
What device are you playing on? , its version .
Are you playing on wifi ?

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:10 PM
Android phone, the Samsung Fascinate on the Verizon network. Is that what they need?

nmishii
11-25-11, 08:17 PM
I am on Android. I found that if I stay in the design tab too long, I get an out of sync message and it takes me back to the state before I started redesigning.

If you are trying to do one big massive redesign, try smaller redesigns. Exit out of the design tab. This will give the game time to send what has been changed to the server. I found this works for me.

You might be running out of memory storing all the design changes, causing it to force close. Besides shorter design attempts, try clearing your cache and moving the TL games to your SD card.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. At this point I can't even get it to open. I managed to accept a few gifts & that let me into my wall so I was at least able to post a message for my neighbors that I was having problems, but this is frustrating! I just cleaned out some of my memory but had about 100mb available prior to doing so. I have more now and have just pulled my battery so I'll reset it and see if that works. Crossing my fingers...

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:33 PM
Well I cleared the cache & moved it to my SD card, then when I tried to open it it said that application was not installed on my phone, so I'm reinstalling it now. sigh...

greygull
11-25-11, 08:35 PM
Do you run your task ****er before trying to open the game? I've found on my phone I have to tap it a few times to **** all the tasks, and if I don't do it, I can't open the games sometimes.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure if I know how to do that. I've gone to my Task Manager and it doesn't show any active applications, so I've kept that clear this entire time but still no luck. Any other suggestions??

greygull
11-25-11, 08:48 PM
I might mess this up, but I'll try to explain it. On your home screen (or a screen that has a free spot) press and hold any free spot. A pop up will show up, titled "Add to Home Screen" with options. Choose Android Widgets, then your task ****er (I have Advanced Task ****er Free - they set it up at the store when I got my phone - it's a little Android guy with a blue X on the front). It should then show up on the home screen, without anything written underneath it. When you tap on it, it should say "X apps ****s, X memory available". Mine usually ****s down to 1 or 2, depending on things like which background app I have on.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:52 PM
You did excellent walking me there but I don't have any such task ****er program. Can i download that from the market?

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:55 PM
OOH...found it, downloaded it & ****ed 13 tasks! Trying BS now...

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:56 PM
GAH...still no luck! Going to pull the battery again. So frustrating.

greygull
11-25-11, 08:57 PM
Yes, it's a free app, and the very first one on the list when I type in "task ****er" (FYI - there's 3638 results under apps). Slight warning - once you install it, go in to see which tasks it ****s. I have to uncheck my alarm clock, because it turned it off for me.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 09:01 PM
Still no luck. I'm thinking about uninstalling for the night and reinstalling in the morning to see if that doesn't help. Think it'll make any difference?

greygull
11-25-11, 09:08 PM
Have you deleted and reinstalled yet? You can always try it. Does your phone have updates available? Go to Settings, About Phone, System Updates, and it will check for you. In the About Phone will also list your Android version, what is it? Mine is 2.3.3

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 09:15 PM
My firmware version is showing 2.2.2, last status update was Aug 9, 2011 but shows no updates available.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 09:18 PM
ok...removing app, pulled battery....

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 09:30 PM
uninstalled app, pulled battery, returned battery, ****ed tasks, downloaded app, ****ed tasks....and still forced closed. sigh...

greygull
11-25-11, 10:11 PM
I'm not sure what else we can suggest for you to try. I'd say contact your phone company about the update, you should be able to go up to 2.3 minimum (some are at 2.3.4, but not everyone). Sorry we couldn't get your game working!

PrissysGoodies
11-26-11, 08:49 AM
Thanks. Still not working this morning. I'll try emailing Team Lava directly, although I'm not sure what they can do other than restore my game to an earlier version maybe. We'll see. Thank you for all your help.

PrissysGoodies
11-26-11, 05:05 PM
So the wierd part is that I can visit my neighbors & leave tips and comments but it won't let me into my own bakery. All of my food has gone bad (I get just enough of a glimpse to see the flies swarming before it freezes & shuts down), and my doors are open to customers so my foods being sold. I have lots of food available but am worried that if this doesn't get fixed soon all my food will be gone & my customers will be upset! haha...this is the silliest frustration I've ever had, but I just spent $40 on gems & now I can't even play! I sent an email to TL support but of course just got back the canned response that they're very busy right now & it may take up to 3 days before they'll get back to me. UGH!!!!! I just want to be able to get into my bakery once again!

kooky panda
11-27-11, 02:04 PM
I have sent over bug thread to GM. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20275-connection-issues&p=177216&viewfull=1#post177216

PrissysGoodies
11-27-11, 10:31 PM
What is GM? Does anyone from Team Lava actually read these threads? I'm beginning to think it's all just users and am quickly feeling like a disgruntled, and ripped off, user. I spent $40 on gems that I now cannot use because I can't get into my own bakery and TL hasn't replied to my emails yet. Frustrated hardly begins to describe what I'm feeling now, 3 full days later with no access to my bakery.

nmishii
11-27-11, 10:36 PM
GM is a Super Mod, a TL employee. This is a 4 day Thanksgiving holiday in the US, so please be patient in getting a response from TL this long weekend.

lynsd
12-02-11, 01:33 PM
i have the same problem !!! team lava just dont want to know !!! i was on level 61 now my bakery is sayimg force close !!! done everything possible but still cant play . no one has offered any help at all. i have come to the point that i cant play on bakery anymore !!!!! if anyone can help plz let me know !!!!

barleycoon
12-02-11, 01:46 PM
i have the same problem !!! team lava just dont want to know !!! i was on level 61 now my bakery is sayimg force close !!! done everything possible but still cant play . no one has offered any help at all. i have come to the point that i cant play on bakery anymore !!!!! if anyone can help plz let me know !!!!

Which device do you have?
I'll try my best to help you.

cakesbaby
12-02-11, 03:11 PM
have you had any luck with your bakery? i have had the same problem! i too was on level 61 and i have no idea what to do i love playing bakery story and be very upset if i cant play it any more!

cakesbaby
12-02-11, 03:12 PM
Want to help but i cant!..... Miss my neighbour! :-( please someone help lynsd! Xxxxxx

barleycoon
12-02-11, 03:18 PM
Hi cakesbaby and lynsd, sometimes restoring your device can help with force closing off apps. It's best to back up the data on your device first. This takes it back to the factory settings, it might help.

kooky panda
12-02-11, 06:36 PM

have you had any luck with your bakery? i have had the same problem! i too was on level 61 and i have no idea what to do i love playing bakery story and be very upset if i cant play it any more!

Try deleting your games and redown from the app store. If still problems, please advise your device and its version and the version of the game you are playing.
I'll try my best to help you.[/QUOTE]

tevoid
12-04-11, 07:05 PM
Same problem with my droid 3 on bakery story stormed tevoid3. I put a chocolate fountain in storage and then can't make changes. Got in long enough to add tables, but did a big design change and that may be the cause. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and everything else.

tevoid
12-05-11, 05:24 AM
I got back in. Open the game and quickly go to design mode if you can. Make one change and exit design mode. That worked for me. No more big changes in design mode for me. I stored a chocolate fountain and I reckon that was too much.

lynsd
12-06-11, 06:15 AM
Which device do you have?
I'll try my best to help you.

i am playing on samsung galaxy 2

lynsd
12-06-11, 06:22 AM
i am playing on samsung galaxy 2, i have uninstalled and reinstalled my bakery but still no luck. i really want to get back into my bakery !!!

barleycoon
12-06-11, 09:23 AM
i am playing on samsung galaxy 2, i have uninstalled and reinstalled my bakery but still no luck. i really want to get back into my bakery !!!

Could try restarting your device, or try moving the game to your SD card if applicable with your device.
Also sometimes restore/reset ie taking your device back to the factory settings can help with force closing issues with apps.
I always back up everything first, so not to lose any data. I really hope it improves for you, it must be so frustrating.
Also, do you have the most current game version of Bakery story for your device? Check if any updates are showing or not in the market.

chaosx69
12-08-11, 06:42 AM
My game force close every time i try to enter it !