PDA

View Full Version : Unable to purchase gems in ANY game using Google Wallet (Android)

ginicourt
11-25-11, 01:41 PM
When I have purchased gems in any TL game, (I play Bakery, Restaurant, Fashion, and City), my transactions are handled through Google Checkout. Now Google Checkout is being merged with Google Wallet, and no transactions can be completed without first accepting Terms of Service. However, since there is no checkout page on TL games, this is impossible. Now, I am unable to buy gems; today there is a 40% sale and there are items available for only a few days. I would really like a response as soon as possible.
I have emailed TL customer support, who refused to help me, and referred me here. There is nowhere to post a bug that is for ALL games, only specific games. I cannot believe that TL does not want to help me figure out why I am unable to purchase gems, and do something to help me support TL.
I play on my Android phone, I have no clue which version, but my phone isn't even a year old. My ID is GINICOURT.
By the way, I have called and emailed Google Wallet, without success.

Is there another way to purchase gems in Android Marketplace?

kooky panda
11-25-11, 01:45 PM
You will need to check your specific device for payment options to see if you can purchase any other way besides google wallet.

ginicourt
11-25-11, 01:49 PM
How do I do that?

kooky panda
11-25-11, 01:53 PM
I am not sure on the different devices , on my kindle fire I go to the application button then my store button. My only option to to buy through amazon.

If you have a help menu in your device or user manual try looking there of how to buy in application purchases.

What is your device? Maybe another member plays on the same device and can help.

ginicourt
11-25-11, 02:09 PM
I have a Samsung Continuum. When I first started playing, all my purchases were through ******. Then for some reason, it switched to Google, and it does not appear that I am able to change that.

ginicourt
11-25-11, 02:36 PM
I just spoke with someone at Android Marketplace, and there are no payment options, it's only Google Wallet. So I am unable to purchase gems in any TL game any longer.

greygull
11-25-11, 02:51 PM
You can find your device version by going to Settings, About Phone, and look at the Android Version (mine is 2.3.3)

shamei
11-26-11, 06:42 AM
got same problem, using andriod Version 2.3.2
Can you teach me how to screen shot, I got samsung galaxyS this month.
Pls help me, I wanna upgrade my stuffs. Thanks!!

27Redd
11-26-11, 08:34 AM
Hi Greygull,

I have the same phone as you and google is not letting me purchase gems either now even though I bought some last week. Are you experiencing any trouble? I did email Team Lava Support but I hope it can be fixed so I get the gem sale. Any suggestions? I tried almost everything I think.

greygull
11-26-11, 12:16 PM
got same problem, using andriod Version 2.3.2
Can you teach me how to screen shot, I got samsung galaxyS this month.
Pls help me, I wanna upgrade my stuffs. Thanks!!

I believe the only screenshot options are using the camera button in game, using another camera, or doing something that involves rooting your device (I wouldn't actually recommend that though).

Hi Greygull,

I have the same phone as you and google is not letting me purchase gems either now even though I bought some last week. Are you experiencing any trouble? I did email Team Lava Support but I hope it can be fixed so I get the gem sale. Any suggestions? I tried almost everything I think.

I haven't purchased anything with my phone (never connected a credit card to it - I hate that a password isn't needed to use it, and my kids could accidentally buy something). You tried the normal restarting, reinstalling?

27Redd
11-26-11, 12:42 PM
Yes, I restarted, reinstalled, all that jazz. No luck. Last night Google told me my account was on hold for purchases, which there should no reason for that. I tried to purchase something else from my Ap store this morning using the same form of google payment and it went through in seconds. I purchased a box on the 23rd and had no problem either. Not sure why now. This is happeneing to me in Bakery and Restaurant. I am about ready to cry from frustration. I did email Team Lava support. I hope they can help fix it. I wanted one 580 package in Restaurant and two-580 packages in Bakery because Christmas is my favorite time of year :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I also wanted to get some of the stained glass but no gems and offer is almost up. :( :( :( :(

kooky panda
11-26-11, 03:08 PM
Yes, I restarted, reinstalled, all that jazz. No luck. Last night Google told me my account was on hold for purchases, which there should no reason for that. I tried to purchase something else from my Ap store this morning using the same form of google payment and it went through in seconds. I purchased a box on the 23rd and had no problem either. Not sure why now. This is happeneing to me in Bakery and Restaurant. I am about ready to cry from frustration. I did email Team Lava support. I hope they can help fix it. I wanted one 580 package in Restaurant and two-580 packages in Bakery because Christmas is my favorite time of year :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I also wanted to get some of the stained glass but no gems and offer is almost up. :( :( :( :(

I do not know if this is happening on android, but on Idevices there is an issue buying the the two higher packages I kept getting an error when I tried to get the 580 and 275 packages but I could purchase the 105 pkg, so I just bought a couple of those instead .

maddsassy
11-26-11, 03:20 PM
I was able to buy a gem pkg but I haven't received my gems. I bought them today @ 12:30 est time & I still don't have it on my account. I emailed support I only got the automated reply. I was charged for the purchase. My device of choice HTC Thunderbolt, Android 2.3.4

kooky panda
11-26-11, 03:26 PM
I was able to buy a gem pkg but I haven't received my gems. I bought them today @ 12:30 est time & I still don't have it on my account. I emailed support I only got the automated reply. I was charged for the purchase. My device of choice HTC Thunderbolt, Android 2.3.4
Try restarting your device. I once had a delay of over 2 hours before my gems showed up. If they are still not there, since you have a copy of the receipt, reply back to your support ticket email and
send them a copy of your receipt.

27Redd
11-26-11, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Kooky but it wouldn't even let me purchase the smallest package :(

Rachael98
11-26-11, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Kooky but it wouldn't even let me purchase the smallest package :(

Oh dear...I can't think of anything to suggest.
I wonder if Support might be understanding if you finally manage to get the gems...

maddsassy
11-26-11, 03:52 PM
Try restarting your device. I once had a delay of over 2 hours before my gems showed up. If they are still not there, since you have a copy of the receipt, reply back to your support ticket email and
send them a copy of your receipt.

I did uninstall & reinstall twice and I restarted twice still nothing. I did send a copy of my receipt and the other info they need . But my account is not reflecting my purchase. In my time zone it's 6:00 pm so I bought the gems 5 1/2 hrs ago.

Rachael98
11-26-11, 04:13 PM
I did uninstall & reinstall twice and I restarted twice still nothing. I did send a copy of my receipt and the other info they need . But my account is not reflecting my purchase. In my time zone it's 6:00 pm so I bought the gems 5 1/2 hrs ago.

Wait for Support then.

27Redd
11-26-11, 06:03 PM
Guess what? Now that the sale is over I can buy gems :( I can't believe it. At least I know I am able to, however I am hoping TL will see my purchase attempts/receipts (15 I think in total) and still be able to help me out. Kooky or Greygull, should I email them again with this new info to add to my ticket? Or do you think they are aware of issue? They probably are........

DaojinWildfire
11-28-11, 02:45 PM
You probably need to set up your Payment Methods in your Google account. Since you just merged Checkout and Wallet together, you need to accept the Terms and Conditions online first, and then set up your payment methods. Try accessing your Google Checkout (http://checkout.google.com) account, which will most likely take you to Google Wallet.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

27Redd
11-29-11, 12:19 PM
Thanks DW but I did check that and was able to make other purchases using it, just not on TL for gems :(

DaojinWildfire
12-02-11, 05:07 PM
Thanks DW but I did check that and was able to make other purchases using it, just not on TL for gems :(
What's the exact error message you get in the transaction receipt?
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

ginicourt
12-02-11, 09:47 PM
I am STILL waiting for this issue to be resolved. I have not been able to buy gems since Nov 15. Whenever I try to purchase gems, a pop up says I need to accept Terms of Service, which I have already done. Google keeps sending me a link that does not work, since I have already accepted ToS. I wish someone from Team Lava could help me with this problem.

expressW
12-02-11, 10:40 PM
I use Android and have had no issues, unless the merge hasn't hit me yet....

Simple and very stupid question but the only ToS I have clicked since I was notified of Google wallet was to click, I accept the terms and conditions etc blah blah blah.... On the bottom of the screen but before the pay with mastercard button...

expressW
12-02-11, 10:42 PM
The question actuallu was have you clicked that? There wasnt any extra popups for ToS

ginicourt
12-03-11, 06:52 AM
There is NO WAY to accept ToS in-app, it must be done online. And YES I clicked accept, which is why I have said that I have accepted ToS. The only other way is to make an online purchase, and I have done that as well. I am STILL unable to purchase gems. And when I ask TL for help, the only answers I receive are for Apple users.

barleycoon
12-03-11, 07:29 AM
There is NO WAY to accept ToS in-app, it must be done online. And YES I clicked accept, which is why I have said that I have accepted ToS. The only other way is to make an online purchase, and I have done that as well. I am STILL unable to purchase gems. And when I ask TL for help, the only answers I receive are for Apple users.
I noticed on your earlier reply, about Google sending a link that does not work. Have you tried contacting Google?
To see if they can resent it and assist you?

ginicourt
12-03-11, 08:19 AM
Yes, I finally received a reply from Google, and both times they gave me the link which they SAY will prompt me to accept ToS. But of course it doesn't, BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY ACCEPTED ToS. I have been fighting this issue for 3 weeks now, mainly because no one is READING my complaint and just replying standard responses. Deleting & reinstalling does not help, links for accepting ToS no longer work on my account, & telling me how to take screen shots on an iPod don't even apply to me.