PDA

View Full Version : 40% gem sale woohoo :-)

sourlicorice2
11-25-11, 04:11 AM
Hope everyone got the 40% gem sale today. I couldn't believe it when I went into my games. I love Fridays. So much though for not using my moms credit card anymore lol. Couldn't pass up 40% off. I ended up getting the 275 gem package on four of the games (City and Nightclub I tend to tap to quickly and lose gems so wasn't willing to risk getting them for those two). Now I'll be able to get lots of Xmas items when they come out. Thank you Thank you TL (I'd post a heart but my emoji doesn't work on the forum anymore now that I upgraded to 5.0) :-)

barleycoon
11-25-11, 05:12 AM
Thank you TL for the 40% off gem sale, a lovely surprise and lots of beautiful items to purchase.

JuniperFruit
11-25-11, 07:37 AM
Thank you TL! And so glad the sale came out while the limited time offers were still available.

mcgee22
11-25-11, 07:43 AM
Wish they would have been on all packages though. Can't afford to spend $12 or more in all games

sunnyDreams
11-25-11, 08:12 AM
Thank you TL! �� I hope everyone got this sale. I got it on my apple and android, so I very happy.

pegasus2010
11-25-11, 08:26 AM
My farm says gem sale but the page is blank. Actually for all of the last sales this has happened. ) :

sourlicorice2
11-25-11, 09:17 AM
My farm says gem sale but the page is blank. Actually for all of the last sales this has happened. ) :

Try emailing teamlava support at support@teamlava.com

barleycoon
11-25-11, 09:19 AM

Which device do you use?

pegasus2010
11-25-11, 09:35 AM
iPhone 4 is my only device

lambyo
11-25-11, 09:37 AM
How about a 40% off sale on the boxes? Sorry, just thinking out loud - my 40% off gems are burning a hole in my iPad waiting for 2pm EST.

ilovecooper14
11-25-11, 09:42 AM
How about a 40% off sale on the boxes? Sorry, just thinking out loud - my 40% off gems are burning a hole in my iPad waiting for 2pm EST.

Ugh, I play fashion and the updates roll out around 4/5 pm EST! I have a lot of waiting to do and a bunch of gems just sitting there...

kooky panda
11-25-11, 10:22 AM
Ugh, I play fashion and the updates roll out around 4/5 pm EST! I have a lot of waiting to do and a bunch of gems just sitting there...
me too!!!! I got smoke coming out of my pockets.. lol

ilovecooper14
11-25-11, 10:24 AM
me\\
me too!!!! I got smoke coming out of my pockets.. lol

I'm trying to stay off of fashion until then.
I've been trying for that leopard couch and the Lolita dress.. I know if I am on fashion long enough I will spend up all my gems before updates!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

kooky panda
11-25-11, 10:26 AM

This has been happening for IOS devices. Some people claim that restoring your device (make sure you restore as new) has fixed this issue, but other players claim they have restored and this has messed up their devices. For me, I go to setting, safari and clear out cookies, data, history, then restart my game and this usually works.
When that does not work(I did have issues with Bakery this morning). I played the game for a little bit, then I went into the gem screen and after a few seconds, the screen refreshed and my gem options showed up.

Note: on bakery, I did get a error message. I could not purchase the 580 or 275 gem pkg but the 105 gem pkg did go through.
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/c2570ad2.jpg

27Redd
11-25-11, 10:28 AM
Kooky do you know if everyone will be getting the 40% offer? My friend did not get it in her Bakery :( (Her ID is elljay777)

kooky panda
11-25-11, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to stay off of fashion until then.
I've been trying for that leopard couch and the Lolita dress.. I know if I am on fashion long enough I will spend up all my gems before updates!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

lol.... I have a feeling with fashion teasers and the sale, there may be boxes today. What would be really cool, is if the teasers ended up being constructibles for fashion.
(the counters). Boy that would really spice up fashion!!!

(note this is just my thoughts and wishes, I do not have any information on what the updates will be)

kooky panda
11-25-11, 10:32 AM
Kooky do you know if everyone will be getting the 40% offer? My friend did not get it in her Bakery :( (Her ID is elljay777)

I was not given any information on the sale(I was really surprised this morning). I am not sure if it went out randomly or not. I can try and find out, but I am not sure if any of the CM's will be on today.
From what I have seen today on the forum, some players are saying they have not received the sale in all their games.

ilovecooper14
11-25-11, 10:54 AM
lol.... I have a feeling with fashion teasers and the sale, there may be boxes today. What would be really cool, is if the teasers ended up being constructibles for fashion.
(the counters). Boy that would really spice up fashion!!!

(note this is just my thoughts and wishes, I do not have any information on what the updates will be)

I think it's a box, too. The robe has no accessories(the faux fur coat teaser didn't either, and it's in a box)
So that's why I think it's a box :)

krissyloveskevin
11-25-11, 10:51 PM
So are %40 off Gem sales pretty rare to see?

nmishii
11-25-11, 11:22 PM
They had a 40% off sale in the early summer. And now this one.

sourlicorice2
11-26-11, 11:33 AM
I have a nbr who didn't get the offer for 40% off. I'm thinking it's another stupid randomness thing that Ill never understand. My self I was lucky and got them on all games and very happy to get it. But everybody should have definetly gotten this offer. She said it may be her tipping point with the games. Who knows if she'll keep playing or quit. Right now she's pretty mad and I can't say I blame her especially when she has spent money on the game before.

jwmiller
11-26-11, 01:07 PM
I have a nbr who didn't get the offer for 40% off. I'm thinking it's another stupid randomness thing that Ill never understand. My self I was lucky and got them on all games and very happy to get it. But everybody should have definetly gotten this offer. She said it may be her tipping point with the games. Who knows if she'll keep playing or quit. Right now she's pretty mad and I can't say I blame her especially when she has spent money on the game before.

I am said neigbor (I am a 'he' btw :p). Before anyone asks, I'm on android and have tried reinstalling/restarting etc..

When I started playing Farm, one of the things that hooked me was how different each farm was when visiting. A lot of each persons personality came through. Yes, you can do that without spending a dime... but it just feels more like your own when you invest in it. I've put a lot of time into decorating, visiting neighbors etc.. And I've spent a fair amount of money on decorations.

So, I see TL bring back limited time stuff and sme cool new items. I'm like woo. Then I read between the lines about a gem sale Woo. Then I get up Friday and see people getting 40% off WOOOO.

So, I sit by all day waiting and waiting. My updates seem to come later in day so no big deal. As time passes, I decide it must be an error! At which point, I start the reinstall/reset process. After trying several over several hours, I decide to check the forums to see what's up. And I read that it is most likely a random thing!!! :mad:

I hope this is not the case. I can live with bugs, parity isues etc, but not this. If I went to store to buy the latest whatever and got to the register only to find out random people were buying it cheaper, I would leave!!

If this is the case, I wont be spending my money on the game. I also won't be displaying gem items on my farm. I can't in good conscience advertise to other players that spending money is good. I will probably keep playing because of great neighbors like soullicorice, but my money will stay put.

JoJo

sourlicorice2
11-26-11, 01:20 PM
I am said neigbor (I am a 'he' btw :p). Before anyone asks, I'm on android and have tried reinstalling/restarting etc..

When I started playing Farm, one of the things that hooked me was how different each farm was when visiting. A lot of each persons personality came through. Yes, you can do that without spending a dime... but it just feels more like your own when you invest in it. I've put a lot of time into decorating, visiting neighbors etc.. And I've spent a fair amount of money on decorations.

So, I see TL bring back limited time stuff and sme cool new items. I'm like woo. Then I read between the lines about a gem sale Woo. Then I get up Friday and see people getting 40% off WOOOO.

So, I sit by all day waiting and waiting. My updates seem to come later in day so no big deal. As time passes, I decide it must be an error! At which point, I start the reinstall/reset process. After trying several over several hours, I decide to check the forums to see what's up. And I read that it is most likely a random thing!!! :mad:

I hope this is not the case. I can live with bugs, parity isues etc, but not this. If I went to store to buy the latest whatever and got to the register only to find out random people were buying it cheaper, I would leave!!

If this is the case, I wont be spending my money on the game. I also won't be displaying gem items on my farm. I can't in good conscience advertise to other players that spending money is good. I will probably keep playing because of great neighbors like soullicorice, but my money will stay put.

JoJo

Oops sry guess I should have paid attention to your avatar on the game.. My bad.

shakiba
11-27-11, 12:30 PM
The 40% off sale is gone.... lets hope there is one for christmas too...
- ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS...... 40%SALE! OOHHH BAAABY! - :)

ilovecooper14
11-27-11, 12:35 PM
Next Gem sale should be on Christmas - lots of people will get iTunes cards and that would be a good profit for TL!;):):D

kooky panda
11-27-11, 03:31 PM
I did check and no not every game was offered the 40% off sale. It was sent out to random games.

shakiba
11-27-11, 06:12 PM
I did check and no not every game was offered the 40% off sale. It was sent out to random games.

I know. I feel bad for those who havn't even got them. :(

dalula
11-29-11, 05:10 PM
Next Gem sale should be on Christmas - lots of people will get iTunes cards and that would be a good profit for TL!;):):D

that's a great idea!!! Still have $36 remaining for 3 packages of 105 gems! :) Too bad TL can't really do 50% off sales (ex: half of $4.99 is about $2.50 but mainly i think its about making a profit.)

sourlicorice2
11-30-11, 08:44 AM
that's a great idea!!! Still have $36 remaining for 3 packages of 105 gems! :) Too bad TL can't really do 50% off sales (ex: half of $4.99 is about $2.50 but mainly i think its about making a profit.)

And to think they would have made more of a profit by offering the sale to everyone.