PDA

View Full Version : Halloween items being removed from all games

GroupMagma
11-23-11, 05:48 PM
Out with the old, in with the new.

Please note that all Halloween items are being removed from all our games. This will be the policy moving forward with seasonal content; when the holiday season is over, the items will no longer be available from the Store or Design menus. Master those crops, recipes and orders right away!

This will not affect animals/decorations/etc. you've purchased and wish to keep in the game, like Nightmare in Farm Story, the Bat Belfry in City Story, and more.

ilovecooper14
11-23-11, 05:51 PM
Aw. :(
I only have 8 caramel apple trees :( loll

kooky panda
11-23-11, 05:53 PM

I just bought 50 and put them out.... .

ilovecooper14
11-23-11, 06:00 PM
I just bought 50 and put them out....

When? T.T last time I checked they were not in my store- no Halloween box or anything in all games :o

Bubblesrocks247
11-23-11, 06:00 PM
After today or what day extacly???

sunnyDreams
11-23-11, 06:12 PM
Halloween is over & I'm excited for the new decorations. And, THANK YOU for the limited time decorations. I didn't get all the offers when they came out, so now I can buy the items I wanted but missed.

greygull
11-23-11, 06:14 PM
On my iPad - Farm both regular and Halloween versions, they're already gone. Still have everything in the other games.

driftboutique
11-23-11, 06:15 PM
That makes sense. But can you guys please make sure to be clear about what items are holiday specific when they are released? I didn't realize the caramel apple tree was tied to Halloween so I didn't rush to master it like I did with the stuff that was more obviously holiday-themed :( My mistake, but I don't want it to happen again.

xokay
11-23-11, 06:17 PM
So glad I managed to master all of the crops and recipes. I hope you all did, too.

kooky panda
11-23-11, 06:17 PM
When? T.T last time I checked they were not in my store- no Halloween box or anything in all games :o

I put my trees out about three days ago but I will not be able to master I do not think since the trees are gone in the store so my master bar is gone too

manger63
11-23-11, 06:19 PM
darn!The Halloween costumes were so cute!

pinkster73
11-23-11, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the notice :p. I have 5 caramel apple trees. or 6.

xokay
11-23-11, 06:24 PM
Oh no.. so confused about the Caramel Apple tress :( I definitely didn't have time to master those.

pinkster73
11-23-11, 06:27 PM
Oh no.. so confused about the Caramel Apple tress :( I definitely didn't have time to master those.

No. And we got about a 2 minute notice to master them

bawpotter
11-23-11, 06:27 PM
GM, when will this be happening?

pinkster73
11-23-11, 06:28 PM
GM, when will this be happening?

It's already done. They're gone.

xokay
11-23-11, 06:29 PM
It's already done. They're gone.

:( ........

nmishii
11-23-11, 06:31 PM
GM, if you're going to remove holiday stuff very soon after the holidays, in the future you release shorter holiday crops for Farm Story?

You gave less than 2 months to master the candy corn and caramel apple trees. In order to have mastered caramel apple trees by now we would have had to buy at least 28 at a cost of 840000 coins, and picked them immediately after they were ready. We would have gotten 2 gems, but lost 750000 coins.

swiep07
11-23-11, 06:36 PM
And please tell us what trees and crops are holiday stuff

nmishii
11-23-11, 06:41 PM
Oh, Darn. The small and ugly 2 gem ghost flowers and black roses are gone also. I guess I won't be able to master those now. :p

swiep07
11-23-11, 06:42 PM
Oh what a big bummer! Lol

3cala
11-23-11, 06:43 PM
Glad I searched before posting "Where did the candy corn go??????". OMG I was SOOOOOO close to mastering it. This game finds new and punishing ways to annoy me on a daily basis. So close to giving up on it.

sehana
11-23-11, 06:48 PM
Awww man, again :( ... I like having all the seasonal content year round :(.

So will the holiday stuff be coming back next year or there will be new content for next year?... Thinking ahead :p

quentinsmommy
11-23-11, 06:51 PM
Glad I searched before posting "Where did the candy corn go??????". OMG I was SOOOOOO close to mastering it. This game finds new and punishing ways to annoy me on a daily basis. So close to giving up on it.

"Oh Darn!" Same exact thing here! I was a sliver away from mastery....:(:(

MrsPamB
11-23-11, 07:32 PM
So if I understand correctly, I am never going to be able to master all of the caramel apple trees on my farm?

A little advance notice is a nice thing sometimes...

pinkster73
11-23-11, 07:36 PM
So if I understand correctly, I am never going to be able to master all of the caramel apple trees on my farm?

A little advance notice is a nice thing sometimes...

You got a 2 minute notice. That's not enough? :p

pinkster73
11-23-11, 07:37 PM
I'm confused. Can we still master the trees or not?

kooky panda
11-23-11, 07:38 PM
I'm confused. Can we still master the trees or not?

I am checking on this.

bigbux3
11-23-11, 07:44 PM
THANK YOU!!!!
...I mean... Oh no!

nmishii
11-23-11, 08:42 PM
I am checking on this.

Thank you. And if there's a time limit on mastery, can you find out when the crops have to be mastered by?

dd1313
11-23-11, 11:43 PM
Aw dose this mean the candy corn macaroons are gone from bakery?! Those are my favorite! I have over 200,000 of them :D

mushroom79
11-24-11, 12:25 AM
this time round is worse than the last! we did not even have 24 hr to do anything about items not mastere yet!

Rachael98
11-24-11, 12:32 AM
Incidentally, even with a fully expanded farm if you played back to back (eg. as soon as one crop is ready, you harvest it), would you be able to Master all three crops (plus the time for buying gems). If you used all your space for crops though, no trees.

IMO, a little soon-just some feedback:).

nmishii
11-24-11, 04:03 AM
Incidentally, even with a fully expanded farm if you played back to back (eg. as soon as one crop is ready, you harvest it), would you be able to Master all three crops (plus the time for buying gems). If you used all your space for crops though, no trees.

IMO, a little soon-just some feedback:).

It takes 2500 plantings/harvestings to master a crop. A 24x24 field is 576 plots. 2500/576 = 4.34 plantings/harvestings. If you plant 500 or more crops at a time, it'll take 5 times.

Candy corn was a 1 day crop. You can master it in 5 days.

I don't remember how long it took for the ghost flower or black rose. If the black rose was the same as the other roses, it took 36 hrs. That would be 7.5 days to master. A two day crop would take 10 days to master. To master both the black rose and ghost flower would cost 10000 gems.

So it is possible to master all 3 crops in less than 2 months.

To master the caramel apple trees in the time they gave us would take 32 trees. I said 28 earlier but was incorrectly counting from L2 to L4. You need to pick 870 trees to master. Its a 2 day (46 hr) crop. To compute how many days it takes to master 870 trees is 870 trees * 46 hrs / 24 hrs/day / number of trees planted.

pinkberry22
11-24-11, 05:02 AM
We get less than 24 hours notice and then poof gone? I didn't even get to finish mastering and I loved the pumpkin ice cream and wanted to stock this up!
We should have had a one week notice or something!
Not less than 24 hours!
Why TL keep making things worse and worse even the good things like the limited time sale they made it bad by not giving it to everyone!
I was very close to master Halloween recipes! Now that's like 5 gems gone!

nmishii
11-24-11, 05:36 AM
We get less than 24 hours notice and then poof gone? I didn't even get to finish mastering and I loved the pumpkin ice cream and wanted to stock this up!
We should have had a one week notice or something!
Not less than 24 hours!
Why TL keep making things worse and worse even the good things like the limited time sale they made it bad by not giving it to everyone!
I was very close to master Halloween recipes! Now that's like 5 gems gone!

We got way less than 24 hours. I think GM may have been typing in the message as the engineers were working on deleting the items.

They did say once that the Halloween items weren't going to stay around long. But they never gave a date, and it was wrong of them to to not give a notice and ample time for people to finish up mastering the items.

mushroom79
11-24-11, 05:48 AM
well whats' new? Anything that has to do with getting free gems, this type of things always happen. Why am I not surprised? The holiday items in Aug were one, the almost nil drop rate of collectibles were another, and now this. And most of all the lack of confirmation button.

pinkberry22
11-24-11, 05:50 AM
We got way less than 24 hours. I think GM may have been typing in the message as the engineers were working on deleting the items.

They did say once that the Halloween items weren't going to stay around long. But they never gave a date, and it was wrong of them to to not give a notice and ample time for people to finish up mastering the items.

Yes! I was even sleeping at that time!
And they said the items will be removed but as u said they didn't gave a date!
They owe us a notice week or even days before they remove it!
Then what the point if this topic?
I saw a topic before about holiday items beening removed and the GM gave a date and notice!
So I was waiting for it, but this?
And if u read the title again (items BEING removed) so guess like u said they were removing the items when this topic was posted LOL ironic that the GM said go master all! LOL

goldenwaves
11-24-11, 05:54 AM
well whats' new? Anything that has to do with getting free gems, this type of things always happen. Why am I not surprised? The holiday items in Aug were one, the almost nil drop rate of collectibles were another, and now this. And most of all the lack of confirmation button.

Exactly. More customer dissatisfaction from Team Lava. I don't check this forum every day so boy was I surprised to find the items removed this morning.

A little warning, like a pop-up during the game (there's annoying pop-ups for everything else!!!!) would have been nice.

nmishii
11-24-11, 05:57 AM
It would be nice if they could give more than a week's notice. It may be physically impossible for some people to finish mastering the holiday items in that amount of time.

They should really tell people how long the items will be available WHEN they first release the holiday items. But because they don't tell us everything, not just with hoiiday items, it makes them look like they're running their company from the seat of their pants.

epiphany
11-24-11, 07:13 AM
ain't all bad i suppose, no more stupid 10coin cat o' lantern gifts can be sent. Got to agree with the consensus of opinion on this thread, more notice of these holiday item withdrawal would have been welcome. But, hey ho its only your customers that you are annoying........

aromakiss
11-24-11, 07:43 AM
Not fair! I thought only decorations should be removed. If I knew earlier, I would have prepared all Halloween drinks, food, clothes etc.... :( now I'm missing out gems...

Momoko_peach
11-24-11, 08:06 AM

That's why I'm definitively leaving those games. I spent too much money for greedy people.
Any consideration for the customer. ANY.
You'll be pleased with a new recipe, they cancel it with any notification, you'll find an item cool, you'll never be able to have it because only a few selected players can buy it (as for the pastry couch).
Every new item costs some gems or CC now. The best example is Zoo Story. Almost EVERYTHING costs gems, even the energy.
The mentality of the developpers is getting worse and worse. I prefer to leave before we'll have to pay a monthly bill to go on the game.

xcellent
11-24-11, 08:11 AM
Darn! Im only one recipe away from my graveyard brownies to master it!
And i haven't started with the porridge! Valentine cookies in RS are still available--- anyway it will be valentine soon again...

At least give us a time frame of those recipes so we can master it in due time! Low level players like me doesn't have complete appliances to master one day recipes/crops for less than a month! And a week notice at least to give chance to those who are almost done with it! Darn!

casadolce
11-24-11, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the warning, after the fact! D'oh!

(>_<)! <--------- me being upset

mushroom79
11-24-11, 08:30 AM
C'mon TL, if ALL limited time offers for ALL games are offered to ALL players instead of randomly, you would make MORE GEMS!!!! Its a WIN-WIN situation! You get more gems and make ALL players happy! Any idea how disappointing it is for players who hear that the limited items are coming back and YET they have missed it ONCE again due to the randomness?

make MORE GEMS by making random offers for ALL players, not by taking away recipes/items without notice (i say without notice because most of us saw the notification whilst the items were being removed) and reducing collectibles drop rate which disappoints players and make them quit!

sourlicorice2
11-24-11, 08:46 AM
Luckily I've mastered all Halloween items (in preparation of them being removed it was all I made) but the caramel apple trees as I forgot about them. I do have 51 sitting in storage and would like to know if I can still master them and get the gems.

Limaxa
11-24-11, 09:30 AM
Not cool

pinkster73
11-24-11, 09:38 AM
I'm on the forum all the time and didn't have time to get more caramel apple trees before they disappeared. So nmishii, great goddess of math, how long will it take me to master them? I have 6.

yanochka
11-24-11, 09:39 AM
I just mastered caramel apple tree and got a gem and gnome for it!!!!!

troubletz
11-24-11, 10:20 AM
Thanks so much for the pre warning, the Cupcakes have been available since they came out and now you decide to change your pattern. We all believed based on your past history that these items wouldn't go away and that we had time to master. I could see taking the gifting items away, makes sense, but not the cooking items. Not to mention that many users didn't get the Halloween items til Halloween was over, not cool and as a paying customer I am not happy about this. Also keep in mind that many if not most of your "paying" customers don't even come to this site. Way to keep them posted.

angeluk72
11-24-11, 10:24 AM

I like you was so close to mastering candy corn, it would have been nice for tl to give notice rather than just post a message on the forum saying they are gone. They did the same with collectibles. Even when users post angry and frustrated messages they don't seem to take them on board as they do the same things over and over.... I like many other users love the games but am becoming frustrated that tl make decisions and act immediately rather than discuss and take on board users suggestions..

nmishii
11-24-11, 10:35 AM
I'm on the forum all the time and didn't have time to get more caramel apple trees before they disappeared. So nmishii, great goddess of math, how long will it take me to master them? I have 6.

I'm the great goddess of using Microsoft Excel. It does all my math for me now.

278 days, if you pick them immediately after they are ready.

If you planted 6 trees on the day they were released (Sept 30), then you would be done July 4 at the earliest.

joey33
11-24-11, 10:46 AM
I'm not happy about this, you should give us at least one week notice before remove. Not cool at all��

smartchoice
11-24-11, 10:47 AM
This is so stupid why don't u just let it be?

aiyayu
11-24-11, 11:07 AM
Master those crops, recipes and orders right away!
Hm I think a little (like a week) more warning time is warrented to master items before they are taken out of the game a few hours after this message. Really now.

Can Pumpkin Icecream stay? Ice cream machine doesnt have a whole lot of recipes to start with at all

pinkster73
11-24-11, 11:09 AM
I'm the great goddess of using Microsoft Excel. It does all my math for me now.

278 days, if you pick them immediately after they are ready.

If you planted 6 trees on the day they were released (Sept 30), then you would be done July 4 at the earliest.

Wow. That's super. Not.

driftboutique
11-24-11, 12:15 PM
I'm just worried about what other items will be removed. Like, is baked pears a thanksgiving item? Will they be gone soon?

It's most disappointing in fashion where there are items like the vampire costume that just look like regular lingerie. No reason not to have them year round. I had my store layout set up on the presumption of their availability. Hope they release two new outfits before my stock runs out :p

jtm101
11-24-11, 01:17 PM
Aww this really sucks, i have 40 odd Caramel apple trees out on my farm and all for nothing now? Please at least give us a weeks notice to master these seasonal items again.

What are your plans for other season items still in the games? Like Celebration and Valentinefoods in FS, these were not removed, so why dump halloween things!!

I was going to buy a dozen iTunes cards today, but after this rash decision i dont think i should bothervspending more money on a company like this.

ilovecooper14
11-24-11, 01:17 PM
You know, I didn't think that the gothic walls were going to go away. I only had 8 and if I knew that they were gonna disappear I would've bought more. It's sad because they look good all year round. This was too soon.

driftboutique
11-24-11, 01:59 PM
You know, I didn't think that the gothic walls were going to go away. I only had 8 and if I knew that they were gonna disappear I would've bought more. It's sad because they look good all year round. This was too soon.

I know, I really wanted to do my whole boutique in those :(

ilovecooper14
11-24-11, 02:02 PM
I know, I really wanted to do my whole boutique in those :(

I am so sad :( I liked those walls lol

ilovecooper14
11-24-11, 02:12 PM
Now I am heart broken lol
No more masquarade mask. I never bought it. :p

AiCandies
11-24-11, 02:19 PM
Waking up and finding that the recipe you're mastering is suddenly gone doesn't make a nice gaming experience.
Definitely not one I'd pay for.

I understand the items must go... but I really don't understand why we can't have a message come up -I don't know- a week in advance.

kooky panda
11-24-11, 02:26 PM
I just mastered caramel apple tree and got a gem and gnome for it!!!!!

Oh yeah. Mine are due in later I will check for mastery leaves too.

Rachael98
11-24-11, 02:28 PM
Well, that's a relief.

briguynv
11-25-11, 01:19 AM
LOL I can't believe anyone is actually SURPRISED at the total LACK of consideration on the part of TL... they do this ALL the time, it's all they know HOW to do, treat us like [], give us NO notice, take things way too quickly... they NEVER LEARN from their mistakes over & over!!! I'm just thankful that the minute the recipes in BS & RS came out for Halloween, I immediately started cooking them like crazy and think I completely mastered some of them... but not all. I know I got 1 gem for level 2 on all of them, but missed some getting to level 4... because I thought I had TIME!! I never imagined we would only have them for 3 weeks especially after giving them to us SOOOOO LATE!!!!

What frustrates me... IF they are gonna put these on a "time-limit", related to "when" the holiday periods are... then they NEED to GIVE them to us in a timely manner to begin with, then let us know HOW long AFTER the exact holiday we will have them. But waiting until a few days before the holiday to give them to us, then take them away a couple of weeks later is RIDICULOUS!! NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH TIME!! We should be given the items 3-4 weeks BEFORE the holiday, and they should REMAIN in place for a MINIMUM of 4 weeks after, so we have a CHANCE to master things COMPLETELY!! Giving us 2-3 weeks TOTAL to master is NOT enough time! MANY, MANY players don't have big enough places, not enough stoves/ovens/etc to master everything in such a short time frame!

So TEAM LAVA... this is just ONE MORE total SCREW UP and proves you have ZERO appreciation for your players, your CUSTOMERS, the people who are buying gems, buying ridiculously over-priced gem items, etc... someone at TL needs to wake up and realize some major changes need to happen! You screw with us with things like this, with the total massive screw up with the gifting change, NO timely notifications of IMPORTANT changes... etc, etc... you just continue to treat your customers like garbage... and that's SHAMEFUL!!

nmishii
11-25-11, 01:40 AM
Yes, TL gives almost no notice on many of the things they do. It shows a lack of planning or lack of consideration for their customers, or both. I wish they'd give more notice.

In RS/BS I have mastered everything so I wait for the weekly updates and master them before the next update, and planned and mastered candy corn by Halloween, so I wasn't affected by this decision except for mastering caramel apple trees. I am somewhere between Level 2 and 3 on that. I wasn't planning on mastering that tree or the sugar apple tree anyway.

The one thing I am happy about is that they took the Halloween gifts off the gift lists. I was still getting them and now won't. I wish they'd remove the Valentine Cupcakes from the RS gift list. I still get those sometimes.

myporcelainlife
11-25-11, 03:14 AM
I would have liked an advanced warning before you pulled all the halloween stuff....

fai0sal
11-25-11, 03:58 AM
i see people complaining all time but TL didn't do anything in response. Actuly, they become worse.
I don't even know what to say!!! Because it doesn't matter to them 

barleycoon
11-25-11, 05:23 AM
Maybe TL needed to remove those items to make space for new items yet to be released. I guess next time with special/ seasonal items, we will have to master more quickly. They were amazing items in the first place, and I'm grateful we recieved them at all. Hopefully, we will continue to get amazing updates.

lambyo
11-25-11, 06:36 AM
During the great pop up debate, the mods said the reason they bombard us with them is because most players don't visit the boards to be informed about stuff. If that's true, then why not a pop up announcing the removal of seasonal items?

Also, nice to remind us that stuff to purchase would be disappearing (so we could quickly spend money), but not so we can master/stock up on recipes (which is free).

TL, at least pretend to care - there are many similar games out there vying for our hard earned cash. It's very difficult to regain a customer's trust once you've lost it. There are many unhappy people here - if they leave they may not return.

lambyo
11-25-11, 06:37 AM
Just wanted to add, I have no problem with the removal of seasonal stuff - just want a few days notification so I can complete my collection.

fai0sal
11-25-11, 07:58 AM
everybody you are wasting your time... For me i'm just want to know , to where it will end..

seastripes
11-25-11, 08:25 AM
oh nooo i love the halloween items :(

sourlicorice2
11-25-11, 09:29 AM
Yes, TL gives almost no notice on many of the things they do. It shows a lack of planning or lack of consideration for their customers, or both. I wish they'd give more notice.

In RS/BS I have mastered everything so I wait for the weekly updates and master them before the next update, and planned and mastered candy corn by Halloween, so I wasn't affected by this decision except for mastering caramel apple trees. I am somewhere between Level 2 and 3 on that. I wasn't planning on mastering that tree or the sugar apple tree anyway.

The one thing I am happy about is that they took the Halloween gifts off the gift lists. I was still getting them and now won't. I wish they'd remove the Valentine Cupcakes from the RS gift list. I still get those sometimes.

I'll b happy not to get anymore halloween gifts. I wasn't affected either as my places r big enough and have plenty of appliances that got everything mastered excep caramel apple tree (but I have 51 in storage so can still master them I think). I feel bad for the lower level players who didn't have enough time to master.

MiniLaura
11-25-11, 12:16 PM
I am not upset that TL is removing seasonal items quickly. It makes sense to me. However, now that they have made this decision, I hope that future seasonal items that are destined to be limited-time items are clearly marked as such in the store. Perhaps the border/frame around the item in the store could be a different color. Or perhaps have a little "seasonal" flag.

Such a simple modification would help players plan their time better. It would also encourage players to spend their gems more quickly, making this idea a win-win for the players and TL.

3squares
11-25-11, 01:39 PM

Please note that all Halloween items are being removed from all our games. This will be the policy moving forward with seasonal content; when the holiday season is over, the items will no longer be available from the Store or Design menus. Master those crops, recipes and orders right away!

This will not affect animals/decorations/etc. you've purchased and wish to keep in the game, like Nightmare in Farm Story, the Bat Belfry in City Story, and more.

Please identify which, if any, of our remaining recipes are "seasonal content". Thank you.

ddenise
11-25-11, 02:25 PM
awwwww! will they be back next year or will there be new items?

nmishii
11-25-11, 03:05 PM
The Halloween items offered last year were removed and not offered this year. Got new items. It appears they won't be offered next year, but new items will be offered.

driftboutique
11-25-11, 03:09 PM
I am not upset that TL is removing seasonal items quickly. It makes sense to me. However, now that they have made this decision, I hope that future seasonal items that are destined to be limited-time items are clearly marked as such in the store. Perhaps the border/frame around the item in the store could be a different color. Or perhaps have a little "seasonal" flag.

Such a simple modification would help players plan their time better. It would also encourage players to spend their gems more quickly, making this idea a win-win for the players and TL.

Fantastic idea. Love it.

Rachael98
11-25-11, 03:10 PM

That is an awesome idea.

sophiacml
11-25-11, 07:48 PM
TL, you can remove them but do give us more than 2 months period to master everything before removing it. By the way, out of how many percentage of players that actually know about this forum to login & check the status of the announcement? That led to many players end up unable to master everything. Still, best way, not even removing them!

nmishii
11-25-11, 08:00 PM
TL, you can remove them but do give us more than 2 months period to master everything before removing it. By the way, out of how many percentage of players that actually know about this forum to login & check the status of the announcement? That led to many players end up unable to master everything. Still, best way, not even removing them!

It didn't really matter whether you are a regular on this forum or don't come here at all. GM gave almost no notice, seconds to a couple of minutes, that the Halloween items would be removed that day. There was no time for anyone to master anything. Or probably even buy decorations.

So please don't feel you were left out of the notification. An in-game notification well in advance, ideally in the store when you buy the item, would have been ideal, and should happen in the future.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:15 PM
Two questions (I play Bakery Story), what about seasonal items you've bought, will those remain in your bakery and/or in your design tools or are they being removed completely and will they be returned during next years holiday season? And 2, what is master? I don't get collectables on my Samsung Fascinate phone, so I've mastered cooking several of the foods, but how does that tie in w/items purchased?

Thanks all!

kooky panda
11-25-11, 08:22 PM
Two questions (I play Bakery Story), what about seasonal items you've bought, will those remain in your bakery and/or in your design tools or are they being removed completely and will they be returned during next years holiday season? And 2, what is master? I don't get collectables on my Samsung Fascinate phone, so I've mastered cooking several of the foods, but how does that tie in w/items purchased?

Thanks all!

the halloween items you have bought and are using or storing you will be able to keep. (as long as you do not sell them).
Androids currently do not have the collectibles option.

nmishii
11-25-11, 08:22 PM
You can keep the decorations you bought and use them anytime you want, but cannot buy more Halloween items.

You can continue baking the Halloween items you had started, and if you reach a new level that will happen. But you cannot make more and master them.

The master we're talking about in this thread is mastering food, which you have already done, not collectables.

PrissysGoodies
11-25-11, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the explanations!!

briguynv
11-26-11, 06:06 AM
So... the BIG question now is... WHAT recipes are holiday or not? Are ANY... ANY... of the recent recipes we've been given since Halloween considered "Holiday" like for Thanksgiving? Most don't seem to be in my opinion, but I would like someone to be CLEAR, so I know if I have to hurry to master them because you're planning on removing them in a week or two... or are they standard recipes that are staying? So Baked Pears, Meat Pie, Olives & Cheese, Mutton Leg (kind of seems Thanksgiving to me, so I'm nervous on that one)... Pecan Pie, Eclairs, Key Lime Pie, Jasmine Tea??? I think that's all the recent ones after Halloween, but just to be clear, are ANY others considered "temporary"????? Can I take my time mastering these, because I still have lots of others to master... OR do I have to HURRY on just these like I did with Halloween ones?? Are there ANY other recipes from the PAST that you're planning on removing in the near future? Like the Valentine Cupcakes we still have in RS? Or ANY others that MAY be considered holiday related?? What do we need to RUSH on, what can we relax on?? That's ALL I'm asking!!

I agree with whoever suggested adding a little "flag" or mark or something on the recipe page, that shows us that it's temporary, so we know to HURRY! But I understand that would require more programming... so how about a written LIST right here on the forums, and those of us that come here can TRY to pass the word around all over to those players that don't visit here. I say that because I KNOW how against popups you are... oh wait, I mean important popups that is... I'm now getting BOMBARDED with popups worse than ever, but those are advertising ones, not important announcements... God forbid you should put important ones up... instead you slam us with ads that seem to be never-ending lately! Last night, I opened the game, and before I could DO anything, I got 6 popups, which takes TIME also, very frustrating WASTE of my time... then I started playing, and then within a few minutes, 2 more ads popped up... 8 altogether, including a few DUPES! It is SO frustrating that you do that, but don't have the COMMON DECENCY to give us EARLY WARNINGS for removal and such... you can't bother with IMPORTANT things... you can't bother with decent NOTICE, like a couple of WEEKS or a month! Totally UNPROFESSIONAL and very POOR business practices!!!

Just KEEP US INFORMED!!! It's really not that difficult to COMMUNICATE with people!! It's pretty simple actually... and that earns you respect, which earns you happier customers, who then spend more... the way things are going, I would be very surprised if people continue to spend the way they have been... I believe they will get fed up even more so and slow way down in spending, if not stop altogether! SHOW the players respect, and they will value that respect and thank you by giving you their BUSINESS and their hard earned CASH!

nmishii
11-26-11, 06:31 AM
So... the BIG question now is... WHAT recipes are holiday or not? Are ANY... ANY... of the recent recipes we've been given since Halloween considered "Holiday" like for Thanksgiving? Most don't seem to be in my opinion, but I would like someone to be CLEAR, so I know if I have to hurry to master them because you're planning on removing them in a week or two... or are they standard recipes that are staying? So Baked Pears, Meat Pie, Olives & Cheese, Mutton Leg (kind of seems Thanksgiving to me, so I'm nervous on that one)... Pecan Pie, Eclairs, Key Lime Pie, Jasmine Tea??? I think that's all the recent ones after Halloween, but just to be clear, are ANY others considered "temporary"????? Can I take my time mastering these, because I still have lots of others to master... OR do I have to HURRY on just these like I did with Halloween ones?? Are there ANY other recipes from the PAST that you're planning on removing in the near future? Like the Valentine Cupcakes we still have in RS? Or ANY others that MAY be considered holiday related?? What do we need to RUSH on, what can we relax on?? That's ALL I'm asking!!

I agree with whoever suggested adding a little "flag" or mark or something on the recipe page, that shows us that it's temporary, so we know to HURRY! But I understand that would require more programming... so how about a written LIST right here on the forums, and those of us that come here can TRY to pass the word around all over to those players that don't visit here. I say that because I KNOW how against popups you are... oh wait, I mean important popups that is... I'm now getting BOMBARDED with popups worse than ever, but those are advertising ones, not important announcements... God forbid you should put important ones up... instead you slam us with ads that seem to be never-ending lately! Last night, I opened the game, and before I could DO anything, I got 6 popups, which takes TIME also, very frustrating WASTE of my time... then I started playing, and then within a few minutes, 2 more ads popped up... 8 altogether, including a few DUPES! It is SO frustrating that you do that, but don't have the COMMON DECENCY to give us EARLY WARNINGS for removal and such... you can't bother with IMPORTANT things... you can't bother with decent NOTICE, like a couple of WEEKS or a month! Totally UNPROFESSIONAL and very POOR business practices!!!

Just KEEP US INFORMED!!! It's really not that difficult to COMMUNICATE with people!! It's pretty simple actually... and that earns you respect, which earns you happier customers, who then spend more... the way things are going, I would be very surprised if people continue to spend the way they have been... I believe they will get fed up even more so and slow way down in spending, if not stop altogether! SHOW the players respect, and they will value that respect and thank you by giving you their BUSINESS and their hard earned CASH!

I agree.

They already have limited time offers borders on the weekly limited items on some games and some platforms. So they can easily implement borders for seasonal items.

aiyayu
11-27-11, 07:37 AM
The limited time animals on Farm Story have a timer slapped on their border, so implement somedthing similar on everything else that exit the games.

Don't warn us stuff is being taken out a few hours before it happens, its about crueler than no warning at all.

Ice cream makers, fryers, grills, don't really have many recipes, so just keep those recipes in game. Some holiday items like V-day cookies & cupcakes, celebration (screams 4th of july) trifles & cupcake still exsist, so why not some Halloween ones? Really now, noone is gonna die if Pumpkin Ice Cream stays, that machine has only SIX choosable recipes!

aiyayu
11-27-11, 07:39 AM
I forgot mention that with timer borders, there isn't a need for a warning pop-up, to which the anti pop-up people ought to like too

lolita11
11-27-11, 06:28 PM
Can we get some clarification on the carmel apple trees and leveling up with them? I still have them on my farm & I'm wondering if I will ever be able to level up on them? I can't see their status because they were removed, so should I assume I'll never get anywhere with them?

Thanks for your time!

redbites
11-27-11, 06:31 PM
Can we get some clarification on the carmel apple trees and leveling up with them? I still have them on my farm & I'm wondering if I will ever be able to level up on them? I can't see their status because they were removed, so should I assume I'll never get anywhere with them?

Thanks for your time!
I mastered mummy pizza when it wasn't in the cookbook on restaurant story so I presume it's the same with farm

kooky panda
11-27-11, 06:42 PM

Thanks for your time!

I am still getting leaves when I collect from the trees.

ariesblu
11-27-11, 07:53 PM
I have you beat. I only have 4.

143Blue
11-27-11, 07:58 PM

u both beat me i only have 2:( :(

ilovecooper14
11-27-11, 08:00 PM

Lol. I wish I would've known- I would've bought 30 more -.-

143Blue
11-27-11, 08:01 PM

i think i missed this somewhere but why is carmel apple trees removed? its not a halloween item lol sorry i didnt see anything or if i did my eyes just didnt want to read thosewrds:P

ariesblu
11-27-11, 08:04 PM
Same here. I had purchased those four the day before our three minute warning, and was planning on buying more once I freed up space, since I was about to finish mastering the trees already planted. Now there's no chance of me mastering any time soon.

143Blue
11-27-11, 08:06 PM
i think i missed this somewhere but why is carmel apple trees removed? its not a halloween item lol sorry i didnt see anything or if i did my eyes just didnt want to read thosewrds:P

found my answer lol wow i didnt no carmel apples related to halloween?

pinkster73
11-27-11, 08:18 PM

Ha ha I beat you! I have 6! Nmishii calculated I can master them in July 2012

nmishii
11-27-11, 10:15 PM
Ha ha I beat you! I have 6! Nmishii calculated I can master them in July 2012

2 trees: 834 days to master; if you planted them when released on 9/30 you can master them Jan 2014 at the earliest

4 trees: 417 days, Nov 2012

8 trees: 208 days, April 2012

nmishii
11-27-11, 10:20 PM
Same here. I had purchased those four the day before our three minute warning, and was planning on buying more once I freed up space, since I was about to finish mastering the trees already planted. Now there's no chance of me mastering any time soon.

I bought 6 when they were released due to space issues. Then when I mastered the pear trees earlier this month, I bought 7 more. I started designing my farm (I can't call it redesigning when I only had crops and trees on it) last week and was going to buy more but didn't get to that point when they removed the trees. So now I won't master them until March 2012, and I don't think I'll be playing that long.

Rachael98
11-28-11, 12:16 AM
2 trees: 834 days to master; if you planted them when released on 9/30 you can master them Jan 2014 at the earliest

*sigh*
lol, that's quite amusing actualyly.

ilovecooper14
11-28-11, 11:20 AM

I don't even know if I'll still be playing farm story by then. :p

alirob
11-28-11, 11:24 AM
Is there still time to get a carmel apple tree mastery?

kooky panda
11-28-11, 11:27 AM
Is there still time to get a carmel apple tree mastery?

I am still collecting from mine and getting leaves, I am not sure what level of mastery I am on, but I will let you know if I get my gnome.

3squares
11-28-11, 01:33 PM

GroupMagma, please identify which additional recipes, if any, are considered "seasonal content."

Thanks.

mushroom79
11-28-11, 08:52 PM
GroupMagma, please identify which additional recipes, if any, are considered "seasonal content."

Thanks.

We have NEVER been notified exactly what are the seasonal recipes that will be removed, just like the last time. THis time they remved ALL halloween items and informed us only when they are being removed. The last time we had about 24hr notice.

ariesblu
11-29-11, 03:14 AM

Thanks.
That would be something considerate to do.

briguynv
11-29-11, 05:47 AM
That would be something considerate to do.

Yeah... except I don't thing 'considerate' is in their vocabulary unfortunately...

But yeah, I'd like to know if anything we have right now is 'holiday'... like Thanksgiving or something? Would be nice to know if we should rush them.

So yeah... an actual response sure would be nice... although based on everything lately, I'm not holding my breath.

JuniperFruit
11-29-11, 06:13 AM
I wish we were able to gift things out of our inventory, that way we could give friends gem items that can't afford any and I would be glad to give away my 68 caramel apple trees sitting in inventory to help others master...

BellasPalace1
11-29-11, 09:28 AM
I didn't see it anywhere else, but will we get these same items back next year? If so, we should be able to continue with our progress. Even if we don't get to start back where we left off, at least we will know ahead of time that they will be taken out and we have to hurry to master them.

3squares
12-03-11, 10:42 AM

Thanks.

Hello? Hello? Do we have any more recipes that are considered "seasonal"? This is my third request.

Thank you.

mushroom79
12-03-11, 07:38 PM
Hello? Hello? Do we have any more recipes that are considered "seasonal"? This is my third request.

Thank you.

Hi 3sqaures, there is some response on this thread: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20251-Pls-tell-us-which-of-the-updates-are-Seasonal-items-recipes-and-which-is-permanent-!/page3

but do master the christmas ones asap

3squares
12-05-11, 08:10 PM
Thanks, 'Shroom!

Maureensdream
12-06-11, 08:49 PM
You know, it doesn't really make sense to continue to have Halloween story without any Halloween items being offered..... I would much rather have had a Christmas story as the festivities around Christmas are of a much greater duration than Halloween. Just a thought, but haven't you ever seen the nightmare before Christmas? I think it would have been fantastic to see what some of the creative farmers would have come up with had they had access to both Christmas and Halloween decorations. More importantly, it would be considerate to let people know in advance of completely removing items (keeping in line with the other posters to this thread). Also- I have a great idea for you- you have gem sales revolving around the Friday new items, etc..... however, for the people that don't get access until Tuesday- limited time items aren't available for those people as long- and those same people may not have access to gem sales. Again, just something to think about. Sounds like logistics are difficult and I understand that. Communication is the key to a successful business or democracy. I would recommend communicating your intentions clearly to players on a regular basis- and explain honestly why you make choices you do. That would be the valient thing to do.

shakiba
12-07-11, 03:05 PM
You know, it doesn't really make sense to continue to have Halloween story without any Halloween items being offered..... I would much rather have had a Christmas story as the festivities around Christmas are of a much greater duration than Halloween. Just a thought, but haven't you ever seen the nightmare before Christmas? I think it would have been fantastic to see what some of the creative farmers would have come up with had they had access to both Christmas and Halloween decorations. More importantly, it would be considerate to let people know in advance of completely removing items (keeping in line with the other posters to this thread). Also- I have a great idea for you- you have gem sales revolving around the Friday new items, etc..... however, for the people that don't get access until Tuesday- limited time items aren't available for those people as long- and those same people may not have access to gem sales. Again, just something to think about. Sounds like logistics are difficult and I understand that. Communication is the key to a successful business or democracy. I would recommend communicating your intentions clearly to players on a regular basis- and explain honestly why you make choices you do. That would be the valient thing to do.

There will be new holiday version apps.
Furthermore, I was wondering how ppl are still writing on this thread when halloween was long over.

Rachael98
12-07-11, 03:08 PM
There will be new holiday version apps.

...for BS as far as we know;).

Furthermore, I was wondering how ppl are still writing on this thread when halloween was long over.

Because this thread also covers the policy for Seasonal content:).

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gif
Rachael98...because Norman was taken:p! ...what:o?

Wednesday, 7th December 2011
Merry Christmas! 18 sleeps to go...

Rachael98:cool: (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gifhttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/mstrawberry24/tumblr_lumf2dtrjx1qibcty-1.gif

Join (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?do=join&groupid=18) the TeamLava Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.teamlava.com/group.php?groupid=18)!
Check out the TeamLava Fan page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663)!

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

Want a Signature made for you? PM me (forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1327), with any quotes, colours, info or images/GIFs you'd like in it and I'll do the hard work!:)

shakiba
12-07-11, 03:40 PM
The title aint very clear though :)