PDA

View Full Version : I want to more win Free City Cash

gencerker
11-23-11, 04:37 AM
I want to more win free City cash with download more games but;
it doesn't support my country.. (Turkey)

who can help me

barleycoon
11-23-11, 05:16 AM
Which device do you play on? Hopefully if we get new contracts, we will be able to earn some more city cash too.
Also, you could maybe try the competitions on the forum to win gems/city cash when they happen.

gencerker
11-23-11, 06:05 AM
Which device do you play on? Hopefully if we get new contracts, we will be able to earn some more city cash too.

my device "Turkcell T20 (Huawei Sonic U8650)"

sterlingempire
11-23-11, 07:15 AM
my device "Turkcell T20 (Huawei Sonic U8650)"

It doesn't support your country? I don't think there is anything you can do :(

Anyways, I don't think the "free city cash if you download _____ story" are active anymore.

gencerker
11-23-11, 07:26 AM
Anyways, I don't think the "free city cash if you download _____ story" are active anymore.

Yes. everytime, everyday everyhour advertising is it. But when I click Ok button, that is joining android market and Says: This item can not be installed in the country of your device.

expressW
11-23-11, 07:27 AM
If Google market isn't fully supported in turkey (meaning you can't get paid apps or make in-app purchases), then I'm assuming that your TL games were downloaded using a sim card supported by Google market or you downloaded the game while in another country right?

Are you getting the pop ups telling you that you can get 6free gems by downloading empire/zoo story etc? If you are getting the pop ups, then you will probably have to put a foreign sim card back in and download the games using WiFi. Remember to only download via the pop up.

Hope it helps!

expressW
11-23-11, 07:30 AM
@sterlingempire, Androids still get the 6 free gems with download offer, only Apple restricts this.
I got an empire offer 2 weeks ago...

One of the only Android perks we get...... :(

sterlingempire
11-23-11, 07:31 AM
Yes. everytime, everyday everyhour advertising is it. But when I click Ok button, that is joining android market and Says: This item can not be installed in the country of your device.

I think you are running a very old version of City Story. I never get these offers... OR, TeamLava is hiding them from me! :p

sterlingempire
11-23-11, 07:32 AM
@sterlingempire, Androids still get the 6 free gems with download offer, only Apple restricts this.
I got an empire offer 2 weeks ago...

One of the only Android perks we get...... :(

Aha, I knew it! :D Thanks, expressW. I thought they cancelled them all together because of the apple restriction.

gencerker
11-23-11, 07:38 AM
I think you are running a very old version of City Story. I never get these offers... OR, TeamLava is hiding them from me! :p

I'm updated last night its version Android 1.0.3 .

gencerker
11-23-11, 07:40 AM
Are you getting the pop ups telling you that you can get 6free gems by downloading empire/zoo story etc? If you are getting the pop ups, then you will probably have to put a foreign sim card back in and download the games using WiFi. Remember to only download via the pop up.
Hope it helps!

uhmm. if I try to hide ip (for other country IP) with WI-FI ... well is it possible ? that would be very wise :)

expressW
11-23-11, 07:53 AM
I have tried that before but it didn't work for me, you should give it a try too if you want but the best way is to use a foreign sim. Doesn't need to have credit but probably should be activated..

gencerker
11-23-11, 08:06 AM
but I cant find any sim ..

expressW
11-23-11, 08:09 AM
but I cant find any sim ..

How did you download the games originally?

You could probably buy pre paid sim cards over the internet.

gencerker
11-23-11, 08:27 AM
I found setup apk and I took the memory card

and installed game. thats all

expressW
11-23-11, 08:35 AM
Ohhhh......

To be honest, I am pretty sure TL do not intend for people who can't buy gems (I.e., people in Google UNsupported countries like turkey and China etc) to play their games.

I really can't help you much further... Maybe you can research about getting a foreign sim?

Rachael98
11-23-11, 08:54 AM
If you cannot download them, you will just need to check the Market availability.

SE: Nope, only took them away from us:p.

gencerker
11-23-11, 09:12 AM
I really can't help you much further...

than I calling Mr.barleycoon =)

I am hopeful..

kooky panda
11-23-11, 09:16 AM
Gencerker
You may want to email support@teamlava.com
Give them all your information, country, device, etc and tell them the issues. They may have some information they can give you.
Tell them you have been to the forum and we were not much help. lol

barleycoon
11-23-11, 09:22 AM
than I calling Mr.barleycoon =)

I am hopeful..

Thank you, let's hope we do get updates really soon with new contracts. So it gives everyone the opportunity for more free gems.

Rachael98
11-23-11, 11:48 AM
Gencerker
Give them all your information, country, device, etc and tell them the issues. They may have some information they can give you.

Hey, we tried:p.

NB: Should you get an e-mail telling you to come back here, reply to them stating that your issue requires their support. (Check tickets here (support.teamlava.com)).

gencerker
11-23-11, 11:53 AM
"kooky panda, thx I will ... =)

woodlake123
11-23-11, 11:54 AM
what we can get free cash?!?

yaaa

gencerker
11-23-11, 04:01 PM
I sent a mail that support and waiting

Rachael98
11-23-11, 04:14 PM
I sent a mail that support and waiting

Status Check (support.teamlava.com), though be aware that it could take them a few days (or more as I imagine that they'll be inactive over USA Thanksgiving, even though many people might take the day off as a chance to play, then need help with something.

xcellent
11-24-11, 08:42 AM
How did you download the games originally?

You could probably buy pre paid sim cards over the internet.

Im not sure about androids, but u can play TL games, with or without sim card as long as u have internet connection.... I am playing with my sister's iphone without sim card altho the pop up of "pls insert sim card" is really annoying! U can also use a non working sim card to play,again the pop up, "sim card lock" will keep coming out! Lol!

gencerker
11-24-11, 10:16 AM
Off course I need a sim card for playing game because its connections internet.

xcellent
11-24-11, 12:02 PM
Off course I need a sim card for playing game because its connections internet.

If ur device has a wifi u can play without sim card... Im playing on ipad 1 without sim.... And ipod doesn't have sim..... Wifi is the source of my internet connection..... ;-)

expressW
11-24-11, 05:57 PM
Im not sure about androids, but u can play TL games, with or without sim card as long as u have internet connection.... I am playing with my sister's iphone without sim card altho the pop up of "pls insert sim card" is really annoying! U can also use a non working sim card to play,again the pop up, "sim card lock" will keep coming out! Lol!

Yes, u can play with just WiFi and no sim.

The reason why I asked any sim is that Google market does not support paid apps for all countries, TL games are only listed as free but the hope that players will eventually buy gems so it is not listed in the truly free category. Google knows where you are in the world via your sim card and network provider.
That's why I said you need a foreign sim, its the only way to bypass Google and be able to download these type of games and paid apps.

expressW
11-24-11, 06:49 PM
Gencerker

Hey, I really tried to help this guy but the reality is, if you can't find the games on Google market naturally, either your device or country is incompatible and you shouldn't be playing.
TL staff can't help either.

The only way you can get free CC now is to master contracts or enter contests.

If he wants the free city cash then he can either harass Google until they make Turkey a country that can get paid apps and buy in app purchases or he can go online get a foreign sim card and pop it in to download the James TL are offering free CC for.

xcellent
11-26-11, 10:55 AM
Yes, u can play with just WiFi and no sim.

The reason why I asked any sim is that Google market does not support paid apps for all countries, TL games are only listed as free but the hope that players will eventually buy gems so it is not listed in the truly free category. Google knows where you are in the world via your sim card and network provider.
That's why I said you need a foreign sim, its the only way to bypass Google and be able to download these type of games and paid apps.

Oh sorry i didn't read that part...... Does foreign sim bypass google? .... Cos my mom has a local sim card from her country and when she tried opening it here (mid east)-- it says "invalid sim card- network not found".... She bought roaming sim card (from her country), and the network here (mid east) appears as her network.... Does google cannot identify the current network? instead it identify the network where it was bought?

Just curious, maybe i can use for my sister's phone.....

expressW
11-27-11, 12:48 AM
Hmm... The network working or not doesn't really matter in my experience. When I have to work in China where Google does not support paid apps or any apps which eventually want payment from user, I have to put in my Aussie or hong Kong sim card to find the apps I want. If I want to buy gems while in China, it's even more annoying, you have to leave your sim in there for up to a few days and then somehow Google let's you make in app purchases and shows you the top paid apps list.

If u want to try something for your sisters phone, u should put in the foreign sim, connect to Android market and see if works. If you can't find some apps on your phone, then you can log onto the market from the internet and download that way.

Honestly, I'm not sure how, why or what Google does but that's just my experience of trying to bypass googles weird rules.

xcellent
11-27-11, 04:19 PM
I Forgot, my sister's phone is iphone and need micro sim..... And when i tried in my samsung galaxy phone, my mom pinch me :"(.... She said roaming sim will double the costs of her telephone bill :-((.. (is that true?, cos if not, i will return the pinch! Loool! :-D)

Before i forget.... Her country and here in mid east doesn't restrict any internet payment so i guess i wont be able to check it out.... (just wanna return that pinch tho! :-b)

Rachael98
11-27-11, 04:21 PM
I Forgot, my sister's phone is iphone and need micro sim..... And when i tried in my samsung galaxy phone, my mom pinch me :"(.... She said roaming sim will double the costs of her telephone bill :-((.. (is that true?, cos if not, i will return the pinch! Loool! :-D)

Before i forget.... Her country and here in mid east doesn't restrict any internet payment so i guess i wont be able to check it out.... (just wanna return that pinch tho! :-b)

It depends completely on where you are-look into it.

pinkster73
11-27-11, 04:26 PM

Umm I haven't read this thread but I do need to say NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR PHONE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND USE IT AS AN ALARM CLOCK IN YOUR ROOM!!!! A $600 alarm clock! Roaming fees are brutal. You will only do it once

xcellent
11-27-11, 04:28 PM
It depends completely on where you are-look into it.

I guess telephone calls have different charge that internet usage? Cos when she's calling to her country, call is charging $8-10 for 15 minutes (in their money it's around 500 pesos)....and roaming as she said is double.... Haven't tried it with internet cos i've been warned! Lol!

xcellent
11-27-11, 04:29 PM
Umm I haven't read this thread but I do need to say NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR PHONE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND USE IT AS AN ALARM CLOCK IN YOUR ROOM!!!! A $600 alarm clock! Roaming fees are brutal. You will only do it once

I guess that pinch is reasonable! Lol!

pinkster73
11-27-11, 05:22 PM
I guess that pinch is reasonable! Lol!

Omg I was so naive. That will never happen again. Think of all those gems I could have had for $600!

expressW
11-27-11, 08:24 PM
Sigh...The dreaded data roaming trap. I fell into that one too when I first got my HTC. I got charged 300USD for 1.5 days of roaming.
But after that experience, I found that you CAN roam safely. What you have to do is turn off mobile data AND
Roaming. This way guarantees you won't be charged for data roaming charges. It's very important you turn off both, especially the data roaming. You will still be able to make international calls, but it stops you from using data.
If you are properly connected to WiFi, they won't charge you as well.
I do this all the time when I travel, haven't been charged since the first time.

Back on topic though, the network doesn't have to work or be connected. the pre-paid non-roaming sim might work. The sim just has to be from a Google approved country and your WiFi has to work. Remember to turn OFF mobile data and roaming though.
However, I guess since its your moms sim, she has every right to not let you experiment.

There are no restrictions on idevices that I know of, so you should be able to find TL games on idevices. The above stuff about bypassing Google is for Androids only.

expressW
11-27-11, 08:31 PM
Looking back at the above comments, I want to clarify that there is two types of services network providers generally offer, phone and data. Don't get the two mixed up.

There is no need to get either of the two branches working, when u log into Google market, it somehow detects what network/country of origin u may be from via your sim card and allows you to use the market. You don't need the ability to make
phone calls or data roam.

xcellent
12-01-11, 09:33 AM
So when i use internet in her (roaming) sim, it wont charge in data roam? Or phone bills?--- using wifi?..... (if it wont-- my finger is itchy to return the pinch! Lol! Btw-- I can joke with my mom.. ;-).. )