PDA

View Full Version : Star Ratings

sb2378
11-17-11, 03:40 PM
I am going on vacation for a few weeks and want to avoid losing my star ratings. I've noticed other players who don't play for a while but maintain their star ratings by blocking the door. Is there some other way to do this besides blocking the door? I'd like some of the excessive amounts of food I have to get used up whilst I'm away. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks!

barleycoon
11-17-11, 03:44 PM
Some players say the more you log into your game then your star rating drops more.
When blocking the door it can result in a quick sale of all your food so it's risky,sometimes running the game for a while may help.Not sure if blocking the door affects your star rating for nbrs.

kooky panda
11-17-11, 03:45 PM
I believe I saw somewhere that if you do not open your game up to play, your star rating will not decrease. I have never tested this.

nmishii
11-17-11, 04:02 PM
I monitor my neighbors abandoned places before deleting them in case they are unexpectedly unable to play for awhile (phone problems, personal emergencies, etc). I have seen abandoned places keep their star rating at 4, most likely because they don't log in. I've seen others drop, and I assume they are logging in.

I was out of the country for a week, and when I logged in my star rating was 0 on all my games. But I think it was a 4 before I logged in because non-neighbors watered my farm just the day or two before, and they wouldn't have done that if I were a 0.

I blocked my door in RS and BS before I left because I was a relatively new player and didn't know what would happen if I left it unblocked. I did not have a problem when I returned, but there seems to be more of a problem now than then with blocking your door. If you have enough food, or don't mind coming back to empty counters, it probably wouldn't hurt to leave the doors open. I would do that now if I were going away for awhile and not able to access my games.

bawpotter
11-17-11, 06:03 PM
I believe I saw somewhere that if you do not open your game up to play, your star rating will not decrease. I have never tested this.

Sadly, this in insorrect. I have been away and haven't opened the app for days, still lost ratings.

nmishii
11-17-11, 06:15 PM
Sadly, this in insorrect. I have been away and haven't opened the app for days, still lost ratings.

I think the way it works is your rating stays until you open your app then it catches up. If you were away for days, and then just before opening your game saw it from another device, it would be at what it was when you last left. But once you open your device it catches up and drops your rating. Haven't done this, but this is what it seems like to me based on my time away earlier this year and monitoring neighbor's abandoned places since returning.

greygull
11-17-11, 06:32 PM

Yes, if you don't open, the rating stays the same. It's when you open that it drops - I've checked it a couple of times, using two devices.

sb2378
11-17-11, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the responses! Looks like I will keep the door open and hope my rating doesn't drop.

gail66
11-17-11, 10:08 PM
I have a neighbour that has left there game in play for three weeks now he's door is open customers are entering but he's food is still on the counters now way has he cooked food to still be there that long! tables are full of tips so I know hes not playing or cooking any thing so dose that mean he's deleted this game he's star ratings are 4 , i know hes on iphone . i i i play this game every day and my ratings always drop down even tho I'm always at 4 stars why ?

kooky panda
11-17-11, 10:12 PM
I have a neighbour that has left there game in play for three weeks now he's door is open customers are entering but he's food is still on the counters now way has he cooked food to still be there that long! tables are full of tips so I know hes not playing or cooking any thing so dose that mean he's deleted this game he's star ratings are 4 , i know hes on iphone . i i i play this game every day and my ratings always drop down even tho I'm always at 4 stars why ?
I think it is was has been stated. If you do not enter your game or open it you star rating will stay where it is. Once you open the game then if you have not been tipping, then the star rate will drop.
He probably has not opened his game in a while.

gail66
11-17-11, 10:34 PM
I think it is was has been stated. If you do not enter your game or open it you star rating will stay where it is. Once you open the game then if you have not been tipping, then the star rate will drop.
He probably has not opened his game in a while.

but how can all food still be on counters I leave my game a few hours and my food on my counters ave been disappearing I know he hasn't cooked that much food to be still there after 3 weeks

greygull
11-17-11, 10:37 PM
but how can all food still be on counters I leave my game a few hours and my food on my counters ave been disappearing I know he hasn't cooked that much food to be still there after 3 weeks

Because he hasn't opened the game. Even though you can see it, it's not affecting him yet. I have a couple of neighbors that quit around January, they still have food, and decent star ratings. Now, if they opened their games, the food would be gone, and their star rating would immediately drop to 0.

nmishii
11-17-11, 10:47 PM
I think what you are seeing is also frozen in time like the person's rating. When the person opens his game he'll/she'll probably see all the counters clear and his/her rating at 0. Then if you were to visit, you'd see his/her counters clear and rating at 0.

I have a neighbor that left his door open and didn't return. I ended up deleting the neighbor but invited him for when he returned (I stupidly did this for 2 neighbors). He hasn't returned and this happened in the early summer. I just went to his bakery; he is a 4 star and has all his food on his counters. Customers are still coming in 24/7 and eating the food.

gail66
11-17-11, 10:52 PM
Because he hasn't opened the game. Even though you can see it, it's not affecting him yet. I have a couple of neighbors that quit around January, they still have food, and decent star ratings. Now, if they opened their games, the food would be gone, and their star rating would immediately drop to 0.

so when you say that they don't opened it you mean that they ave deleted this app off there phone the data is sill there but it's because we can still see it that it looks like there still in play

nmishii
11-17-11, 10:58 PM
The person may or may not have deleted the app off their phone. It doesn't matter.

TL does not delete players games off their servers. When you visit their restaurant, your game is getting that players restaurant off the TL servers and you see what is on the server, not on their phone.

gail66
11-17-11, 11:03 PM
ok thank you for your kind help 