PDA

View Full Version : Not getting limited offers

pixelslave
11-15-11, 06:15 PM
I have not been offered at least the last three limited-time offers. I did not get a popup and I checked my tabs repeatedly and saw no new items. So I got to watch my neighbors add the poodle, for instance, and start cooking the new eclairs, but three days later when I finally get the update (Tuesday) there was no poodle for me. Am I somehow a second-class citizen? Do only some people get offered decor items while others don't? How do you explain/justify this favoritism?

It's bad enough to be the last to get an update, but then to miss out on the special offers as well adds to the insult.

ilovecooper14
11-15-11, 06:19 PM
Sometimes this happens to me; I never got the tea party offer(that was a while back) and never got the sweater vest offer in Fashion. The offers are given out randomly,(I dont know why), and sometimes we don't get them:o
You're not a second-class citizen; some of my neighbors didn't get the offer either:(

pinkster73
11-15-11, 06:30 PM
It happens in all games. As far as I know TL has never given a reason for the randomness of the offers.

mushroom79
11-15-11, 10:28 PM
then aren't they wasting a chance to make $$? I am sure many of those people who did not get the offer wouldalso like to buy the items!

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 07:25 AM
I don't understand it either. Im sure lots of people who don't buy gem items r getting the offers meanwhile those who do spend gems aren't getting them. TL is definetly losing out on more money by not offering the items to everyone. And it's just not fair if u ask me. I wonder if they'll ever explain why they do this.

barleycoon
11-16-11, 08:13 AM
I do wish all the players would get the same limited offers,it must be really frustrating to see an item you'd love but can't have.

pixelslave
11-16-11, 06:14 PM
It happens in all games. As far as I know TL has never given a reason for the randomness of the offers.

I don't believe it's random. Otherwise I'd get one once in a while. The players I see who have one limited item often have them all. That doesn't look random!

I'm more inclined to believe its by device. I got every offer on my iPhone, but none on my iPad. Unfortunately those were two different bakeries.

Also, it seems like only those who get the update on Friday get the offer and those who have to wait until Tuesday don't--a double whammy!

casadolce
11-16-11, 06:31 PM
It's a pity you weren't offered the poodle. It'll look good in your bakery, and you do buy a lot of gem items. TL's loss!

I'm on iPad and did get the offer and bought the poodle too.

I hope they'll find a way to get those offers to you.

ariesblu
11-16-11, 06:33 PM
I think this is the way that it will continue to be done. There's just nothing we can do.

nmishii
11-16-11, 06:44 PM
I don't believe it's random. Otherwise I'd get one once in a while. The players I see who have one limited item often have them all. That doesn't look random!

I'm more inclined to believe its by device. I got every offer on my iPhone, but none on my iPad. Unfortunately those were two different bakeries.

Also, it seems like only those who get the update on Friday get the offer and those who have to wait until Tuesday don't--a double whammy!

Do you play more on your iPhone than on your iPad? They might factor in the frequency of play into whether or not you get the offer.

I have gotten the limited and free gift offers every week on all 3 main games except for once in each of two games. I have not taken TL up on any of the offers. Except for the last month or so, I got all the weekly updates on Friday. I play those games daily.

I downloaded Fashion Story and City Story a while back just to get the free gems. For a while I opened the games just to get the daily bonus in case I decided to play later. While I was doing that, I never once received any of the random promotions offered at that time, or the popups for the weekly updates on Friday. I have since uninstalled the games.

I am on an Android.