PDA

View Full Version : Can't use my gifts

PopuraTaneshima
11-15-11, 03:43 AM
I keep thinking this is just me being dumb and not understanding this game, but since I haven't been able to figure it out, I'll ask.

Fot a while now, I keep getting gifts that don't give me the option to use them. For instance, right now I have 3 Stew, 2 Waffles, 1 Bacon & Eggs and 1 Mummy Pizza I received overnight from my neighbors, but it keeps telling me I can't use them because I don't have any in the inventory. What does this mean?

Sorry if this is just me not getting game basics. I checked the FAQ but didn't see anything related to this.

nmishii
11-15-11, 04:09 AM
Gifts in your Pending Gifts list give you the options of Accept and Decline.

If you have a gift in your Pending Gifts list that gives you the options of Use Gift and Gift Back, then it really isn't a gift. You are being notified that it has been at least 24 hrs since the last time you sent a gift to that person. If Use Gift is greyed out, then you have already used/served all your gifts of that item in My Gifts. You'll only get these messages for gifts that you have accepted.

If you are on Android, sometimes you'll see Gift Back greyed out. I believe that is a bug. You can go into Neighborhood and send a gift from there.

If you are on Android, the message will read "<Neighbor> sent you some <gift>" which doesn't make sense if you are being notified you are gifting back.

barleycoon
11-15-11, 05:41 AM
I keep thinking this is just me being dumb and not understanding this game, but since I haven't been able to figure it out, I'll ask.

Fot a while now, I keep getting gifts that don't give me the option to use them. For instance, right now I have 3 Stew, 2 Waffles, 1 Bacon & Eggs and 1 Mummy Pizza I received overnight from my neighbors, but it keeps telling me I can't use them because I don't have any in the inventory. What does this mean?

Sorry if this is just me not getting game basics. I checked the FAQ but didn't see anything related to this.
Please don't ever worry about asking any questions,everyone is always learning.
It can be hard to understand gifts too,sometimes with the gifting system you might not be able to use a gift if you have not been able to send that nbr a gift back.
It seems to confuse all your gifts,if for instance you couldn't gift back just one nbr.
You might get the message gift back and then you can't use that gift at all.
I find if I have just one nbr I can't gift back,if I switch off the game I can then obtain the rest of my gifts as long as I've been able to send those nbrs gifts though.
I hope I've explained it okay for you to understand a little better.

nmishii
11-15-11, 07:41 AM
Please don't ever worry about asking any questions,everyone is always learning.
It can be hard to understand gifts too,sometimes with the gifting system you might not be able to use a gift if you have not been able to send that nbr a gift back.
It seems to confuse all your gifts,if for instance you couldn't gift back just one nbr.
I find if I have just one nbr I can't gift back,if I switch off the game I can then obtain the rest of my gifts as long as I've been able to send those nbrs gifts though.
I hope I've explained it okay for you to understand a little better.

Hopefully the OP understands because this just completely confused me. I guess it works different in Android and iOS. Your responses are copied and italicized, my responses to your reponses are in normal text.

In my game, you can always use a gift whether or not you can send that neighbor a gift back. If the Use Gift button is greyed out, there are no gifts of that type in My Gifts. Maybe there's a bug in iOS where its grey when it shouldn't be. Whether its a bug or not, you can always go My GIfts and use the food gifts like before the gifting system was changed, or open a constructable and use the materials like before the gifting system was changed. If you send that neighbor a gift back, the message is removed from the pending gift list so you can't select the Use Gift button anymore so how would you know you can now use the gift if the neighbor was sent a gift?

I don't understand this. Bug in iOS? But you can always go into Neighborhood and gift.

I've explained this in my post. You can't use the gift because you have already used it. If there is a bug and the button is incorrectly greyed out, you can always go into My Gifts and use the gift.

You don't need to send a nbr a gift back in order to accept or use a gift from them. This is how its always been and hasn't changed in my game.