PDA

View Full Version : Making tipping our neighbours easier IDEA ...

solar2shine
11-14-11, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if you can make tipping our neighbours easier. I was thinking along the lines of something similar to the way we can gift multiple neighbours at a time ... why can't we tip multiple neighbours at a time. We would be able to choose how much and to which neighbours we can tip. This will save a [] load of time that I waste going back and forth btwn all my neighbours, screens in btwn to get to each one and leaving tips.

Just a thought ....

nmishii
11-14-11, 12:04 PM
These are social games, and a tip all feature would take away from the social interaction with neighbors.

barleycoon
11-14-11, 12:05 PM
I understand your point of view and alot of players have limited time.
I love visiting my nbrs individually and seeing their design changes,I love the social aspect of the game.
To save time alot of players,only tip back nbrs who have tipped them.

starstar2
11-14-11, 03:52 PM
I too also love to c my neighbour shop day to day.
In a way, I can discover new items on how to place it and more ideas.

Ur thought is good, but it will make me lazier.

Rachael98
11-14-11, 03:58 PM
I also think that it would severely detract from the social aspect.

And also "don't fix what doesn't need fixing"

ilovecooper14
11-14-11, 04:01 PM
I think that tipping takes longer because the 'neighbors' section always reloads after visiting 3 or 4 neighbors.. Maybe instead of your idea TL can make the neighbor screen so it doesn't reload quite as often..? :)

nmishii
11-14-11, 04:10 PM
I think that tipping takes longer because the 'neighbors' section always reloads after visiting 3 or 4 neighbors.. Maybe instead of your idea TL can make the neighbor screen so it doesn't reload quite as often..? :)

My neighbors section is always alphabetical. I don't have the luxury of having neighbors at the top even for 3-4 neighbors. I'm on Android, so that explains that. I'd like this if it were implemented platform-wide at the same time; it would be easier.

Scrolling through the neighbor list used to drive me up the wall. That was when I had >100 neighbors. Then I cut my list down to under 50 and it was manageable. I now average less than 40 neighbors in my games and it doesn't really bother me the way it is.

What I would like is to fix some of the server delays. I post on my neighbors walls and sometimes it sits in "Processing..." forever and I usually get out. This is what takes up the most of my time when I tip. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to whine about it. I'd like it to not happen at all. That would make tipping my neighbors easier for me.

ariesblu
11-14-11, 04:22 PM
My neighbors section is always alphabetical. I don't have the luxury of having neighbors at the top even for 3-4 neighbors. I'm on Android, so that explains that. I'd like this if it were implemented platform-wide at the same time; it would be easier.

Scrolling through the neighbor list used to drive me up the wall. That was when I had >100 neighbors. Then I cut my list down to under 50 and it was manageable. I now average less than 40 neighbors in my games and it doesn't really bother me the way it is.

What I would like is to fix some of the server delays. I post on my neighbors walls and sometimes it sits in "Processing..." forever and I usually get out. This is what takes up the most of my time when I tip. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to whine about it. I'd like it to not happen at all. That would make tipping my neighbors easier for me.
Ditto on all three points.

Hawaiianmomma
11-14-11, 04:39 PM
All I ask is when I go back to my friend list is it continues more than a few times to where I last left off...other than that it doesn't bugaboo me

ilovecooper14
11-14-11, 05:11 PM
All I ask is when I go back to my friend list is it continues more than a few times to where I last left off...other than that it doesn't bugaboo me

Exactly my point!:)

Hawaiianmomma
11-14-11, 05:17 PM
hi hi baby

nmishii
11-14-11, 06:27 PM
This feature that puts the next neighbors at the top of the list is something that Androids don't have. It seems popular among those that do have it. Super Mods, is this something that will come to Android soon?

But even if will come, my first choice in ways to make tipping easier for me is still to not have to see "Processing..." for a long time when I write on neighbors' walls.

bakerbelle
11-14-11, 06:37 PM
I would love to be able to scroll from one neighbor to my next neighbor... does that make sense? So I could go into "neighbor mode" and go to my first neighbor, then click a magic NEXT button and go directly to my next neighbor. I do want to see them all, but the scrolling just gets painful. I found myself removing friends to have a shorter list, and I felt really harsh doing that.

Love the game... keep it cute!

etotheg
11-15-11, 11:21 AM
I agree that a tip all option should be available but also leave the option to visit whoever you want. Trying to tip 200+ neighbors every day is impossible so people get skipped.

badger8
11-15-11, 11:34 AM
This feature that puts the next neighbors at the top of the list is something that Androids don't have. It seems popular among those that do have it. Super Mods, is this something that will come to Android soon?

But even if will come, my first choice in ways to make tipping easier for me is still to not have to see "Processing..." for a long time when I write on neighbors' walls.

As far as I can tell, iOS users don't have this feature either. I'm on iPad with a recent upgrade to 5.0 and my nbr list has always been alphabetical. I've never gotten next nbrs to the top of any list. I have to scroll through everyone too.
Does this really exist??

kooky panda
11-15-11, 11:43 AM
Ios nbrs list are alphabetical like android, and we do have to scroll down the list to get to each nbr.

What is different on IOS right now, it when you are visiting a specific nbr and you hit the gift button while you are at their bakery, when you nbrs list comes up that one specific nbr will show up as the first nbr . In Fashion and I think it is RS, that one nbrs is automatically checked for you.

There is not next nbr option on IOS. The rest of the list is in alphabetical order.

badger8
11-15-11, 11:48 AM
Gotcha. Yes, this is the case in RS gifting. It actually also happens in BS gifting, but the box isnt checked- you have to do it manually.
Thanks Mom!

nmishii
11-15-11, 11:59 AM
Ios nbrs list are alphabetical like android, and we do have to scroll down the list to get to each nbr.

What is different on IOS right now, it when you are visiting a specific nbr and you hit the gift button while you are at their bakery, when you nbrs list comes up that one specific nbr will show up as the first nbr . In Fashion and I think it is RS, that one nbrs is automatically checked for you.

There is not next nbr option on IOS. The rest of the list is in alphabetical order.

Thanks for the clarification. On Android, in RS, but not Farm or BS, it doesn't matter where I choose to gift a neighbor, the gift list is displayed with that neighbor checked, but the list is still alphabetical. No big difference here.

But from the two posts below, it sounded like neighbors moved to the top of the list. I'm not sure what was meant here then.

kooky panda
11-15-11, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the clarification. On Android, in RS, but not Farm or BS, it doesn't matter where I choose to gift a neighbor, the gift list is displayed with that neighbor checked, but the list is still alphabetical. No big difference here.

But from the two posts below, it sounded like neighbors moved to the top of the list. I'm not sure what was meant here then.

I think what they are saying is when you are trying to go down and tip each of your nbrs one at a time, you can maybe get 3-4 nbrs in, (each time when you come back you start where your left off on your list).
but after a couple of nbrs when you go back to the list, you do not stay where you left off, it will refresh and take you all the way back to the top of your list and you have to scroll down to where you left off.

This is also one the things, that has been suggested to be changed. It is a pain, especially for me, because I then forget who was the last nbr I has just gone too.
(bad memory).

nmishii
11-15-11, 12:13 PM
I think what they are saying is when you are trying to go down and tip each of your nbrs one at a time, you can maybe get 3-4 nbrs in, (each time when you come back you start where your left off on your list).
but after a couple of nbrs when you go back to the list, you do not stay where you left off, it will refresh and take you all the way back to the top of your list and you have to scroll down to where you left off.

This is also one the things, that has been suggested to be changed. It is a pain, especially for me, because I then forget who was the last nbr I has just gone too.
(bad memory).

Okay, this is different. Mine always goes to the top of the list.

RoseMiti
11-15-11, 12:17 PM
What happens to me is that sometimes when I'm visiting neighbors and tap the social button to choose the next, the neighbors' list shows in the same last position it was instead of showing the first neighbors of the list. So it's almost a "get next neighbor on the list".
But it doesn't happen always and when it does, it doesn't last for much time. After visiting some neighbors, the list returns to the default position.

Hawaiianmomma
11-15-11, 12:52 PM

(bad memory).

Mahalo Nui Mrs.KookyI have a pension cryptic tongue naturally...lol...at times I need a translator

solar2shine
11-15-11, 01:40 PM
I would love to be able to scroll from one neighbor to my next neighbor... does that make sense? So I could go into "neighbor mode" and go to my first neighbor, then click a magic NEXT button and go directly to my next neighbor. I do want to see them all, but the scrolling just gets painful. I found myself removing friends to have a shorter list, and I felt really harsh doing that.

Love the game... keep it cute!

I agree - I think having the option to visit your neighbours individually is important but being able to tip multiple neighbours at once would be nice too. I think my thought for the 'tip all neighbours' idea came from the fact that it is rather tedious to go through all the screens to get from one neighbour to the next. It would be great if we could tip one neighbour, hit 'next' and then go to the next neighbour on our list as bakerbelle had mentioned. The way they have it now, I think I spend more time going back to the main screen, tapping thru the screens to get to my neighbours, then tipping them - except when, as mentioned previously, it 'resets' itself to the top of the list - then I have to remember who I tipped last.

I am having a blast with this game also ~ don't really see the "social" aspect of it but I do like seeing the other bakeries. Thanks for the fun! :D

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 08:59 AM
As far as I can tell, iOS users don't have this feature either. I'm on iPad with a recent upgrade to 5.0 and my nbr list has always been alphabetical. I've never gotten next nbrs to the top of any list. I have to scroll through everyone too.
Does this really exist??

Nope I'm on ipad2 and don't have that feature.

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 09:00 AM

I hate that when u go to post and it takes forever to process.

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 09:02 AM
Nope I'm on ipad2 and don't have that feature.

Lol I guess I should read all posts first before posting. The answers was already given.

tracye68
11-16-11, 01:34 PM
Well, hopefully TL will make 'tipping your neighbors' easier....I work full time and have two active boys so I can't tip on a daily basis. I play two other TL games too so, I would love to see a more convenient method of tipping. My largest neighbor list is with FS...I just can't manage daily tipping given the amount of time it currently requires. Even though I had to delete a few (who didn't seem active anymore), the task is very time-consuming. I try to be a good neighbor, but unfortunately, the time constraints cause me to skip people.

barleycoon
11-16-11, 02:19 PM
Well, hopefully TL will make 'tipping your neighbors' easier....I work full time and have two active boys so I can't tip on a daily basis. I play two other TL games too so, I would love to see a more convenient method of tipping. My largest neighbor list is with FS...I just can't manage daily tipping given the amount of time it currently requires. Even though I had to delete a few (who didn't seem active anymore), the task is very time-consuming. I try to be a good neighbor, but unfortunately, the time constraints cause me to skip people.
It is hard tipping daily sometimes,I try not to have too many nbrs.
Some of my nbrs just gift when they are really busy,I'm sure you are a really good nbr.
Some players do half their list of nbrs one day and then the other the next day.
I don't mind at all if I'm not tipped daily,as it's not always possible.

kathreg
11-25-11, 07:01 AM
Perhaps if we can see if we tipped our neighbors, the way we know if we have gifted them. Sometimes I go back to the same neighbors to see if I tipped them already.

kathreg
11-25-11, 07:04 AM
I TOTALLY agree! A 'next' button would be fantastic!

dd1313
11-25-11, 08:35 AM
I also think that it would severely detract from the social aspect.

And also "don't fix what doesn't need fixing"

Yeah, same here i like seeing my neighbors new design and leaving a note on the wall. It gives me ideas sometimes. Also it would take away the social interaction

pajuma
04-30-12, 10:59 PM
I would like a way to multi-tip as well

DAmanding
05-01-12, 07:56 AM
I'm on an iphone 4s and the first time I go to visit my nbrs each day, after the visit the visited nbr goes to the bottom of the list and the next unvisited nbr is at the top. After the first visit of the day the list stays in alphabetical order all the time until the next day's reset. I find this a VERY handy feature because if I have to stop tipping part way through the list I can come back later and pick up where I left off. But the downside is that if I go visit someone to return a message and forget to tip them on that first visit, their name drops to the bottom of my list and I miss them when I do my tipping rounds later on.