PDA

View Full Version : Something for everyone OR I'm getting bored!!

uvegot2bkidding
11-12-11, 05:20 PM
It's very well to sells gems as a cash cow for TL but there are those of us who love to play but are looking for ways to fuel our imagination without using a credit card! After Level 75 with loads of cash (coin), I'd like to find more decorative options in the store than solar panels to spend my hard won cash on! More seasonal or themed stuff would be fun! I'm sure the gem shoppers will keep buying too.

Rachael98
11-12-11, 06:14 PM
There are loads of coin items, and I've seen many a farm very beautifully decorated without a penny spent.
Solar Panels, Flowers etc. are new, but original things like Hay Bales are great!

ariesblu
11-12-11, 06:21 PM
Let's be realistic here. The majority of new animals, decor, etc have been for gems. I think he (or she) would like to decorate their farm with some of the newer material without having to fork over gems all the time to get it.

And if you read, the op said they in fact did not desire solar panels.

trenae
11-12-11, 06:25 PM
Hey uvegot2bkidding -

Don't forget to head on over to the suggestions thread/poll (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19530-Farm-Holiday-Winter-Poll-(-part-2)-11-1) to leave feedback about what items you'd like to see added to the game.

Also, keep in mind that there are regular community contests/events (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) you can participate in to try and win gems for your game(s).

Rachael98
11-12-11, 06:27 PM
Let's be realistic here. The majority of new animals, decor, etc have been for gems. I think he (or she) would like to decorate their farm with some of the newer material without having to fork over gems all the time to get it.

And if you read, the op said they in fact did not desire solar panels.

"Solar Panels, Flowers etc. are new".
I was merely pointing out that there are new coins items ("for everyone")-even if they OP doesn't want one-but that older things are also nice.
Additionally, TL is a business, and at the end of the day, a business wants to make money. Hence the necessesity of gems. And there are still lots of new items for coins available.

DerGelbeKaiser
11-12-11, 07:09 PM
Rachael, I know you love TL and their games, but, seriously, you don't need to defend every single critical post that pops up (or if you keep doing it at least TL should advance you a nice stack of gems for all the PR you'Re doing).
The game has the most beautiful crop selection of all the farming games (at least all the ones available for Android, yes, I have tried them all) but their animal system is complete pants. No choice, no animations, no stables, no extra functions (like cheese shops, looms etc.). And the gems are about three to five times more expensive that what you can buy in other sandbox games. I'm level 41 and bored, if it wasn't for my neighbours I would have given up weeks ago, I certainyl did on al the other story games.

But on the plus side, there's plenty of room for improvement. Who knows, maybe they'll even catch up on the animation side of things.

trenae
11-12-11, 07:10 PM
Guys -

As a reminder - please keep posts to topic of thread and refrain from personal attacks toward other posters.

nmishii
11-12-11, 09:35 PM
I agree with the OP. I would like to have more nicer coin items on which I can spend my millions of coins. They also need to keep the price of both gem and coin items a little more reasonable. We're looking for nicer coin items, not overpriced coin items.

They have released the vineyard, castle, meeting house and whatever that hut is called for 1-10M coins, and I appreciate TL doing that, but would like more coin options and variety.

And anyone at the higher levels with a lot of coins knows what is available for purchase for coins and gems, and probably have visited enough farms to see how they are decorated.

yanochka
11-12-11, 09:43 PM
Hey uvegot2bkidding -

Don't forget to head on over to the suggestions thread/poll (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19530-Farm-Holiday-Winter-Poll-(-part-2)-11-1) to leave feedback about what items you'd like to see added to the game.

Also, keep in mind that there are regular community contests/events (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) you can participate in to try and win gems for your game(s).

So far every item that has been requested ended up being offered in the store for gems or in a special box, again for gems. I have not seen solar panels on anyone's wish list. Gooses (yes, I meant gooses) are farm animals, yet they are offered for gems. I can understand that some more exotic animals cost gems (peacock, tiger...) - but gooses should be available in the store for purchase with coins. Yes, there have been some new items available for coins, however in comparison to gem items it is a very small percentage. Yes, I am aware that TL is a business and I have heavily contributed to their income. But on the other side, it would be nice to have more of farm items for coins. Every time there is a poll, there are so many wonderful ideas for game/inventory items improvements. And then we get a tiger or a solar panel. Why????? Please start listening to our feedback or stop pretending that you even want it. Also, improvement to customer service and timely processing of problem tickets need to be implemented ASAP. For example, I opened a problem ticket last Tuesday - when I finally got my weekly update and bought a llama with gems, then got out of sync message and poof my llama and gems disappeared (and yes, I reloaded the game, I reinstalled the game, checked my inventory several times, checked behind all buildings, etc.) - I've been checking every day on the status of my problem ticket, asking for updates, and no one has even looked at the ticket yet....

I play several other games and there are so many choices for coins or premium stuff for gem equivalent. Every time there is a new content (and not just three items a week) I think - why can't we have that in Farm Story. Customer service is incredible- every issue is resolved within 24 hours most of the time. Why can't we have that in Farm Story? I love the game, but as time goes by I am getting more and more disappointed. If it wasn't for my wonderful neighbors and friends, I probably would've quit a long time ago!!!!

trenae
11-12-11, 09:51 PM
yanochka -

I'm not an employee of TeamLava's - however I'm happy to pass the link to the thread to a Community Manager (TeamLava employee) to take a look at.

yanochka
11-12-11, 09:58 PM
yanochka -

I'm not an employee of TeamLava's - however I'm happy to pass the link to the thread to a Community Manager (TeamLava employee) to take a look at.

I appreciate your offer, however I've provided feedback on this topic numerous times directly to TL and recently to GM as well. Honestly, I don't think it will make any difference.

nmishii
11-12-11, 09:59 PM
Lately whenever there is a poll, I vote for the items that can be mastered, since those will be for coins. Sometimes I'll vote for decorations. And now I never vote for anything that might be require a client release, since they'll only give those to iOS. Everywhere people are asking for items in the teasers and polls to be for coins. I vote thinking that TL will not take our ideas seriously, as evidenced by most of the releases.

I no longer get excited when the teasers come out since I know decorations and animals will be for gems or a promotional item. When a decoration/animal is released for coins, I am happy, instead of disappointed that the item is for gems.

The more that TL sees that we want something, the more likely it'll be for a lot of gems, or worse. Look at how much everyone said they wanted a tractor, and after months we finally got one ... in a box.

It would really be nice if TL would listen to their customers and provide the items asked for, often for coins as people mostly request.

farmerrobbo
11-13-11, 04:43 AM
....It would really be nice if TL would listen to their customers and provide the items asked for, often for coins as people mostly request.

Well said! I totally agree.

DerGelbeKaiser
11-13-11, 05:41 AM
Guys -

As a reminder - please keep posts to topic of thread and refrain from personal attacks toward other posters.

I really don't think a mildly critical remark qualifies as a personal attack, but thanks for focussing everybody's attention on my post.
I would count the knee-jerk posts of 'but there are lots of coin items' that come up every time someone complains about the fact that about 80% of the available animals are for gems (which, btw, is the topic of this thread) - but I don't want to get this thread locked.
And I'm actually quite serious about my suggestion of giving gems to Rachael. He's in dire need of some and supplies about 90% of the cheerful pro-TL posts on this board (not that I'm counting, just estimating!) - and I don't think that there is anything seriously wrong with that but some recognition would be nice to make up for occasionally facing sarcastic beasties like me. :-)

Rachael98
11-13-11, 05:42 AM
Who doesn't love the TL games;)?

It's undeniable that all request items are for gems...coincidence, I don't think:p. It would be nice.
Then again, it's unfair to say that they don't have coin items.

Rachael98
11-13-11, 05:43 AM
Oh, and I really don't do this for gems:). I do it because I want to.

DerGelbeKaiser
11-13-11, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=Rachael98;170373]Who doesn't love the TL games;)?

Well, to be honest once I realized just how big the discrepance is between the iOS version and the Android version I lost a lot of my early enthusiasm for the game. I still play FS and have said a gazillion times (still not counting!) how lovely the crop desgns are but I'm also getting rather bored. And four animals for coins (ok, now I'm counting) is simply not enough for any decent farming game.

DerGelbeKaiser
11-13-11, 05:47 AM
Oh, and I really don't do this for gems:). I do it because I want to.

I know that, sweety. that's why I was suggesting it :-)

uvegot2bkidding
11-13-11, 06:16 AM
Thanks for comments and any attempt to let TL know how it can improve the game. Like others, if not for many wonderful neighbors, I'd find other ways to have fun. So let's make this FUN!!

uvegot2bkidding
11-13-11, 06:19 AM
Exactly! Let's hope they listen.

reokster
11-13-11, 06:30 AM
Rachael, I know you love TL and their games, but, seriously, you don't need to defend every single critical post that pops up (or if you keep doing it at least TL should advance you a nice stack of gems for all the PR you'Re doing).

That is just hilarious!!!! And true.

barleycoon
11-13-11, 07:06 AM
It's very well to sells gems as a cash cow for TL but there are those of us who love to play but are looking for ways to fuel our imagination without using a credit card! After Level 75 with loads of cash (coin), I'd like to find more decorative options in the store than solar panels to spend my hard won cash on! More seasonal or themed stuff would be fun! I'm sure the gem shoppers will keep buying too.
I do think TL try to offer both gem and coin items,I love having the weekly updates and all the other new elements to the game.These changes have kept my interest and I'm afraid at times I am tempted to buy the lovely gem items.
I don't feel the gem prices are so incredibly high like in some other non TL games,we get lots of sales and I often feel the design of a particular item,does warrant the gem price asked by TL.
I love seeing the teasers,and I have probably brought more.I know not everyone can afford lots of gems,so it's wonderful TL give us the option to master and earn free gems.
I hope TL continue in giving us so much choice and wonderfully designed items,that look amazing on our farms.

nmishii
11-13-11, 07:42 AM
I do think TL try to offer both gem and coin items,I love having the weekly updates and all the other new elements to the game.These changes have kept my interest and I'm afraid at times I am tempted to buy the lovely gem items.
I don't feel the gem prices are so incredibly high like in some other non TL games,we get lots of sales and I often feel the design of a particular item,does warrant the gem price asked by TL.
I love seeing the teasers,and I have probably brought more.I know not everyone can afford lots of gems,so it's wonderful TL give us the option to master and earn free gems.
I hope TL continue in giving us so much choice and wonderfully designed items,that look amazing on our farms.

Out of curiosity, do you type this text in everytime someone asks for more coin items or complains about gem prices, or do you copy and paste from a text file? I'm not trying to be mean, but I think that you can save time by copying and pasting. I do it all the time, and its a real timesaver. Just need to be careful because sometimes the special characters don't copy and paste that well.

barleycoon
11-13-11, 07:55 AM
Out of curiosity, do you type this text in everytime someone asks for more coin items or complains about gem prices, or do you copy and paste from a text file? I'm not trying to be mean, but I think that you can save time by copying and pasting. I do it all the time, and its a real timesaver. Just need to be careful because sometimes the special characters don't copy and paste that well.
No,I do not copy and paste and I'm replying to the thread not individual posters.
This is my view,and once again I need to ask to kindly please stop this,it's not fair to anyone.

expressW
11-13-11, 08:08 AM
I don't feel the gem prices are so incredibly high like in some other non TL games,we get lots of sales and I often feel the design of a particular item,does warrant the gem price asked by TL. .
Hi, I agree with majority of what u say but I just have to comment, TL games are the most expensive games I have ever played. It's way more expensive than the very similar Japanese story games or smurf village etc...
I have bought gems nearly every week since June when I started playing but its really getting expensive and I agree that should make better and more coin items... I think they should switch the ratio of two new gem items and one coin item to two new coin items and one gem item....

nmishii
11-13-11, 08:13 AM
No,I do not copy and paste and I'm replying to the thread not individual posters.
This is my view,and once again I need to ask to kindly please stop this,it's not fair to anyone.

I understand that's your view, I have read it a lot. Because of that, I was just trying to save you some time. I'll stop trying to help you as you requested. No harm, no foul.

DerGelbeKaiser
11-13-11, 09:21 AM
*snickers*
Well, there two of each on this thread (two enthusiasts and two sarcastic critics) so all in all it's a good balance.
Oops, I'm counting again - and am off topic, sort of. Ok, erm...what to do to not get bored...erm...count the black dots on a field of flint corn?? That doesn't cost gems.

barleycoon
11-13-11, 11:02 AM
Hi, I agree with majority of what u say but I just have to comment, TL games are the most expensive games I have ever played. It's way more expensive than the very similar Japanese story games or smurf village etc...
I have bought gems nearly every week since June when I started playing but its really getting expensive and I agree that should make better and more coin items... I think they should switch the ratio of two new gem items and one coin item to two new coin items and one gem item....
Thank you, I do hope we continue to get lots of lovely coin items.
Some of the other mobile games available,really do charge to much for in app purchases.
But,no one ever has to buy gems,just using your coins is a very real possibility.
As,I play many of the story games I do spread out which I spend gems on.
None of the other developers seem to other sales either.

glittergirly1
11-13-11, 11:58 AM

Let me know if they do! I'll Gladly do some TL butt kissing for gems!

nmishii
11-13-11, 12:16 PM
Let me know if they do! I'll Gladly do some TL butt kissing for gems!

No one would take me seriously if I did. After reading all my posts to date, they'd all laugh.

reokster
11-13-11, 04:54 PM
seems like tensions are running high amongst players these days. maybe TL should listen up and give the players what they want. They still have TONS of people buying gems...so don't give me that **** that they need to make money as a business. WE ALL KNOW THIS ALREADY!!!! They should still try to please us with coin items, too....otherwise....WHAT IS THE POINT OF COLLECTING COINS?????? no one has seemed to ask that question yet. Why give us coins if we can't really...i mean REALLY...spend them on anything great. Theoretically....we should be collecting gems.

HEY TL!!! WHAT IS THE POINT OF COLLECTING COINS???????

Seems to me that TL has gone the way of most businesses.....and that's called GREED!!!!

pinkster73
11-13-11, 05:20 PM
Cue someone posting about how TL offers many wonderfully items for coins

expressW
11-13-11, 06:13 PM
Thank you, I do hope we continue to get lots of lovely coin items.
Some of the other mobile games available,really do charge to much for in app purchases.
But,no one ever has to buy gems,just using your coins is a very real possibility.
As,I play many of the story games I do spread out which I spend gems on.
None of the other developers seem to other sales either.

I don't mean to be persistent but which games charge more than TL? Some games have a cover charge if you want premium stuff and no adds but that's different. If you compare similar games like smurf village, puccas restaurant or the hot spring story games etc, its way way more expensive.

expressW
11-13-11, 06:20 PM
I mean, TL is way more expensive.... Smurfberries cost $25 for 350 and to build a special house cost 25-30 smurfberries.

Anyway, u can't tell everyone to play for free, yes u can but if everyone plated for free TL would go under. People are happy to support TL, but not if they become so greedy!!!

felicitybliss
11-13-11, 09:10 PM
I agree. TL is, by far, the most expensive game I play. Gems cost about $0.20 each. The limited time piano in fashion was 50 gems, which amounted to $10. That is simply insane for a virtual, 2D picture. I don't think it is about the gems package prices, but the number of gems required to purchase a virtual picture of an item.

I wholeheartedly agree that TL needs to turn a profit, but I believe they are outpricing the market. I also understand that the shelf life of the game is very short--many of my neighbors have hit level 96 and quit. However, I can buy an interactive video game for $35 like dragonquest IX. It is highly interactive w/ really great graphics. After 2,000+ playing hours and a year later, I still have not made it through the game. Nintendo managed to make a tremendous profit and paid development costs before game release. TL is earning and designing as they get income. When i compare the $35, it is a complete game vs. 3.5 pianos at TL. It seems that TL wants to charge luxury prices for an economy model.

ariesblu
11-14-11, 12:16 AM
I agree. This game is expensive to play if you desire the gem items in your game. It is a costly game.

barleycoon
11-14-11, 12:33 AM
I agree. This game is expensive to play if you desire the gem items in your game. It is a costly game.

On some of the other non TL games you even need gems etc to open gifts,if you so happen to not have any.
Some of the other games,do charge alot and I'm afraid I really don't want to have to mention names as that's not fair on the developers involved.Yes,the game would be more expensive if you brought every gem item but some players do that they adore their game and invest alot of time and money into it.You get enjoyment out of what ever option you choose,it's a free app and no one is forced to buy gems ever.Even though the piano was at 50 gems,if you buy gems in the sale or save up free gems it is considerably cheaper then.I just feel we are incredibly lucky to get the amount of free gems that we do and to be given gem sales.Hopefully,we might get a 40% of sale soon,it would please everyone.

ariesblu
11-14-11, 02:48 AM
On some of the other non TL games you even need gems etc to open gifts,if you so happen to not have any.
Some of the other games,do charge alot and I'm afraid I really don't want to have to mention names as that's not fair on the developers involved.Yes,the game would be more expensive if you brought every gem item but some players do that they adore their game and invest alot of time and money into it.You get enjoyment out of what ever option you choose,it's a free app and no one is forced to buy gems ever.Even though the piano was at 50 gems,if you buy gems in the sale or save up free gems it is considerably cheaper then.I just feel we are incredibly lucky to get the amount of free gems that we do and to be given gem sales.Hopefully,we might get a 40% of sale soon,it would please everyone.
Personally I can think of more than just gem sales that would please everyone. And I do not know what games you are talking about, but there are some games that I do spend money on, because they treat their audience right, and they are worth it. In regards to tl, stuff is still pricy.

yanochka
11-14-11, 07:09 AM
Personally I can think of more than just gem sales that would please everyone. And I do not know what games you are talking about, but there are some games that I do spend money on, because they treat their audience right, and they are worth it. In regards to tl, stuff is still pricy.

I second that!!!

glittergirly1
11-14-11, 07:41 AM
I've even been tricked into buying gems.. There's a little pop up on treasure story that comes up asking you to get more food from your backpack. I've noticed that after so many times it just magically changes and asks you to trade 10 gems for full meter. This tricked me the first time!

Not only are they greedy they're trying to steal ur gems from you too

gabo84
11-15-11, 10:11 AM
I agree. TL is, by far, the most expensive game I play. Gems cost about $0.20 each. The limited time piano in fashion was 50 gems, which amounted to $10. That is simply insane for a virtual, 2D picture. I don't think it is about the gems package prices, but the number of gems required to purchase a virtual picture of an item.

I wholeheartedly agree that TL needs to turn a profit, but I believe they are outpricing the market. I also understand that the shelf life of the game is very short--many of my neighbors have hit level 96 and quit. However, I can buy an interactive video game for $35 like dragonquest IX. It is highly interactive w/ really great graphics. After 2,000+ playing hours and a year later, I still have not made it through the game. Nintendo managed to make a tremendous profit and paid development costs before game release. TL is earning and designing as they get income. When i compare the $35, it is a complete game vs. 3.5 pianos at TL. It seems that TL wants to charge luxury prices for an economy model.

Well said.

quentinsmommy
11-17-11, 01:51 PM
I've even been tricked into buying gems.. There's a little pop up on treasure story that comes up asking you to get more food from your backpack. I've noticed that after so many times it just magically changes and asks you to trade 10 gems for full meter. This tricked me the first time!

Not only are they greedy they're trying to steal ur gems from you too

I've done that on Treasure, too, and just yesterday, I was making a flower garden on Farm and ran out of coins and accidentally mistapped "Buy More Coins for 10 Gems" and blew 10 hard-earned gems that took two months of mastery to earn.:mad: I was soooo close (1 gem away) to finally buying a horse.:mad: Farmer John (my farm name) was not a happy camper.:mad: That's a very common annoyance in the TL games. So many people are begging for a gem confirmation button.

myweedpatch
11-17-11, 03:10 PM
Im getting kinda bored with the Farm Story game. Just a few months ago, I couldnt put it down and I spent a small fortune on gems. But when they started with all the fantasy, non farm items...it started to become well, not so fun. Just this week...a flying pig. Why? why not a turkey? or new houses? or water tiles? why a flying friggin pig? we have 2 types of pigs already. I have a few friends and family members that play too and they are experiencing the same thing, especially those on android where no new things are being introduced for them like the collectables and badges. BTW, collectables.... If this is going to continue, the prizes need to be changed frequently. I really dont want any more antique plows or tool sets or beehives.... please change things up a bit and stop with all the non-farm items for a while. I want to see evergreen trees, new houses, new fencing (wagon wheels, brick, logs), a log cabin, water features (tiles, waterfalls, rivers, swimming pools, etc), new animals that are actually on a farm (turkey, barn owls, field mice, white geese/goose, etc), and decorations that are NOT green like a real old fashion farm windmill, water tower, etc. or if we have gnomes, change em up with new outfits, colors and posing.

Im sure Im not alone in these feelings....someone relay this to Team Lava please. Not just for me, but for all of us.

pinkster73
11-17-11, 03:12 PM
Im getting kinda bored with the Farm Story game. Just a few months ago, I couldnt put it down and I spent a small fortune on gems. But when they started with all the fantasy, non farm items...it started to become well, not so fun. Just this week...a flying pig. Why? why not a turkey? or new houses? or water tiles? why a flying friggin pig? we have 2 types of pigs already. I have a few friends and family members that play too and they are experiencing the same thing, especially those on android where no new things are being introduced for them like the collectables and badges. BTW, collectables.... If this is going to continue, the prizes need to be changed frequently. I really dont want any more antique plows or tool sets or beehives.... please change things up a bit and stop with all the non-farm items for a while. I want to see evergreen trees, new houses, new fencing (wagon wheels, brick, logs), a log cabin, water features (tiles, waterfalls, rivers, swimming pools, etc), new animals that are actually on a farm (turkey, barn owls, field mice, white geese/goose, etc), and decorations that are NOT green like a real old fashion farm windmill, water tower, etc. or if we have gnomes, change em up with new outfits, colors and posing.

Im sure Im not alone in these feelings....someone relay this to Team Lava please. Not just for me, but for all of us.

I want everything you listed. Ps I think its a pigasus

Sherecycles
11-18-11, 09:40 PM
I totally agree. It's getting boring, especially for android users. I want to expand further and but some more new items. I dont understand why our requests aren't taken seriously since we are the paying customer. I have so many coins and gems but nothing to really buy with them. A new expansion should be added at different levels and more items should be added ast each new level.