PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 40% Off sales..? :(

ilovecooper14
11-12-11, 04:23 PM
I don't know if this is true, but, I heard that TeamLava discontinued the 40% off sales.
I haven't seen one in a few months and I'm wondering if that rumor is true? I don't plan to buy any more gems unless there is a 30 or 40% off soon. I'm sorry, but no offense TeamLava seems to be getting cheaper by the day:(
I've been saving up for months now and I'm wondering why should I? :(:p

(Oh and yes, I'll end up buying more gems, even though I tell myself I won't :p)

Rachael98
11-12-11, 04:50 PM
Where did you hear that? I didn't.
I think that they're just rare...and special when they do come!

trenae
11-12-11, 04:55 PM
Hey ilovecooper14 -

TeamLava generally does not release information on if/when they will have promotional sales. As they are promotional - they can occur at various times - it's best to continue to log into your games to see if there is a sale.

ilovecooper14
11-12-11, 05:02 PM
Hey ilovecooper14 -

TeamLava generally does not release information on if/when they will have promotional sales. As they are promotional - they can occur at various times - it's best to continue to log into your games to see if there is a sale.
Lol a lot of people have told me that! And I just started to believe them because there used to be one every month or every two months :( lol

ilovecooper14
11-12-11, 05:03 PM
Where did you hear that? I didn't.
I think that they're just rare...and special when they do come!
One time.. There was a 40% off and I didn't get it T_T

JuniperFruit
11-12-11, 05:21 PM
I hope there is one soon...maybe on Thanksgiving all day they could have one :)

ilovecooper14
11-12-11, 05:32 PM
I hope there is one soon...maybe on Thanksgiving all day they could have one :)

Or a big Black Friday sale lol (black Friday is the day after thanksgiving, huge discounts at stores in USA:))

Zee_Zatara
11-12-11, 07:13 PM
There hasn't even been a 30% off sale in weeks! Just 20% off, one day a week (Tuesday) and that's it! TeamLava IS getting stingy. :(

ilovecooper14
11-12-11, 07:27 PM
There hasn't even been a 30% off sale in weeks! Just 20% off, one day a week (Tuesday) and that's it! TeamLava IS getting stingy. :(
Ikr. :( and now no gift w/purchases.. Just 'Special' Offers :(

expressW
11-12-11, 07:33 PM
Ikr. :( and now no gift w/purchases.. Just 'Special' Offers :(

Yep.. hate to say it but TL, definitely getting greedier!! I want those free gift with gem purchase back!!

Also, I don't think they had the 20% sale last week... Unless I didn't get it!!

pinkberry22
11-13-11, 03:18 PM
Yep.. hate to say it but TL, definitely getting greedier!! I want those free gift with gem purchase back!!

Also, I don't think they had the 20% sale last week... Unless I didn't get it!!

Yes there was one last week sometimes ppl don't get the sales
Anyway
Yes I started playing TL games in august ans I saw the 40% sale once till now
What sucks is it was the day after I first bought gems which worth 100$ and the next day BOOM 40% sale
Sucks right?

Rachael98
11-13-11, 03:22 PM
Yes there was one last week sometimes ppl don't get the sales
Anyway
Yes I started playing TL games in august ans I saw the 40% sale once till now
What sucks is it was the day after I first bought gems which worth 100$ and the next day BOOM 40% sale
Sucks right?

Right:(. That's just bad luck...

oncure
11-13-11, 03:24 PM
yeah right. Now Teamlava is cheap and no more 40% off, and even no gift w/ gems purchase.. We had to email to TL and let them know abt 40% gem on sale, because we have many holidays is coming up: Thanksgiving, Christmas and new year.:mad::mad:

shakiba
11-13-11, 04:33 PM
Ok I understand what everyone is talking about. Now TL has these limited time offer! This is worst than sale promotions or free gift purchase. There is a difference! I hope this won't be permanent. I know I don't buy gems buy u never know, maybe I will one day.. My pOint is, I hope this won't be permanent bc this is driving ppl nuts.

DaojinWildfire
11-13-11, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Not all players prefer the same options, so it is definitely hard to please everyone. We'll definitely forward your comments to the development team.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

felicitybliss
11-13-11, 08:47 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Not all players prefer the same options, so it is definitely hard to please everyone. We'll definitely forward your comments to the development team.

Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

Who is against gem sales? I don't think I've ever read one post that support full price gems year round. If you are referring to the discussion about free w/ purchase vs limited time offers, then the winning strategy is to change it up to satisfy many. TL seems to get stuck in a promotional rut using the same techniques week after week, which brings the deluge of dissatisfaction.

arch1
11-13-11, 09:34 PM
Who is against gem sales? I don't think I've ever read one post that support full price gems year round. If you are referring to the discussion about free w/ purchase vs limited time offers, then the winning strategy is to change it up to satisfy many. TL seems to get stuck in a promotional rut using the same techniques week after week, which brings the deluge of dissatisfaction.

I totally agree With felicitybliss. Customer satisfaction is no 1.

oncure
11-13-11, 11:30 PM
Yep, I guessed maybe we get gems on sale for BLACK FRIDAY Nov 26, 11... big sale all the store at USA, and TeamLava is not exception...LOL

ladyj0y
11-14-11, 04:17 AM
And no Gem Purchases anymore ;__; no interesting bits anymore ;__;

sourlicorice2
11-14-11, 08:53 AM
I say at least free gift item with purchase one week and the next week a limited offer etc. At least TL will be able to please more people that way. I do prefer the free gift items but would be happy if they alternated at least. I know it's hard to please everyone but at least this way would be a compromise and everybody gets what they want.

GroupMagma
11-14-11, 10:35 AM

I don't think DW is implying there's a customer group out there who wants to pay full-price all the time (though I wouldn't mind if such a group did exist). But we also need to balance customer satisfaction while keeping the game's economy intact. If we had 40% sales all the time, that would become the norm. However, while we haven't had a 40% sale in a while, that doesn't mean they're gone forever.

Rachael98
11-14-11, 11:02 AM
I don't think DW is implying there's a customer group out there who wants to pay full-price all the time (though I wouldn't mind if such a group did exist). But we also need to balance customer satisfaction while keeping the game's economy intact. If we had 40% sales all the time, that would become the norm. However, while we haven't had a 40% sale in a while, that doesn't mean they're gone forever.

You wouldn't mind if there was? I'm puzzled...why might that be:p?

Anyway, nice to hear that they can still exist.

DaojinWildfire
11-14-11, 03:02 PM
We have large playerbase that have different preferences and opinions, so it is difficult to accommodate everyone. Some players like the sales that offer gift items with gem packages. Some players prefer to just straight up buy the special items with the gems they already have. Some players don't want the special items at all, but prefer to have larger discounts. It is difficult to please everyone when players have different preferences. While you not like the current sales at the moment, there's a chance that they will change in the future to one that do you prefer.

nmishii
11-14-11, 03:28 PM

Can you also forward this suggestion to your development team:

Not everyone who gets a popup will want to purchase that specific offer. For example, I do not want mystical creatures on my farm, but I know there are many who do. I get the popup everytime I start up my game for 3 days with no intention to buy. Can you add a check box to your popups that say something along the lines of, "No, thanks. Please do not show me this offer anymore." The limited time offer can stay in the Design tab for the duration and the player can still buy it if he/she changes his/her mind. For the free gift with purchase, if anyone changes their mind after saying "No, thanks," its tough.

felicitybliss
11-15-11, 02:23 AM

Since this thread is about 40% off sales, daojinwildfire's response about players wanting different options means there are people who don't want 40% off sales or it is an off-topic response. There is little room for other interpretations.

Sales are irrelevant. It depends on the purchasing power behind the sale. If gems are 40% off, but item costs are increased 40%, then there really isn't a sale. There have been numerous sales for months, but the item costs have risen substantially. For example, in RS, gem tables used to cost 2 gems each. The new tables now cost 5 gems each. So, was there really a sale? NO!

I think the games economy has actually improved in TL's favor, if Halloween was an indicator. In-game gem item purchases were at absolutely ridiculous amounts. People paid dearly---despite the veil of "sales". Perhaps, the scale has tipped too far towards TL's game economy and needs to balance back with consumer satisfaction.

ozoz12
11-15-11, 02:45 AM
Got a feeling that they might do the 30/40% around Xmas time frame because they should due for a new theme like 'Hohoho!" it just my gut feel?
Also I would like to find out from TL what are we going to do with those coins? I have over $10M+ but it just sit there and doing nothing! I mentioned before, they should allow us to use the coins to trade with Gems so at least there is some motivation for all of us not always we need to buy Gem to get coins! Since they made so much money from all the players I guess it is the time for them to return something back to us! 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

ozoz12
11-15-11, 02:47 AM
You are absolutely right!!!!! ����������������������������������������

felicitybliss
11-15-11, 03:01 AM
[]We have large playerbase that have different preferences and opinions, so it is difficult to accommodate everyone. Some players like the sales that offer gift items with gem packages. Some players prefer to just straight up buy the special items with the gems they already have. Some players don't want the special items at all, but prefer to have larger discounts. It is difficult to please everyone when players have different preferences.
TeamLava Staff - DaojinWildfire (http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?12701-DaojinWildfire)
]

While your reply is very true in a broad discussion regarding promotional strategies utilized by TL, it doesn't address the question poised in the thread asking about the status of 40% off sales. In the second part of my statement regarding promotional ruts, TL seems to offer the same promotion for many weeks/months in a row. The free w/ purchase happens week after week until people became quite tired of the same old promotion and expressed dissatisfaction. Now, TL is on a kick with limited time offers. Once again, people are getting tired of it and expressing dissatisfaction. The solution utilized by many successful businesses is to frequently change special offers. It is marketing 101.

While you not like the current sales at the moment, there's a chance that they will change in the future to one that do you prefer.

Be careful with assumptions. I did not say that I don't like the current sales promotion, but it happens to be true. I don't like any promotions that creates inflation of purchase power. GM should be quite happy as I am firmly in the "no sales of any type" group. I have played many months and have watched the per item cost of in-game gem items rise dramatically. The cost of some gem items are more then double. This is probably due to the costs associated with these "sales/promotions"....Everything must be paid for in some fashion.........

GroupMagma
11-15-11, 11:41 AM
While your reply is very true in a broad discussion regarding promotional strategies utilized by TL, it doesn't address the question poised in the thread asking about the status of 40% off sales. In the second part of my statement regarding promotional ruts, TL seems to offer the same promotion for many weeks/months in a row. The free w/ purchase happens week after week until people became quite tired of the same old promotion and expressed dissatisfaction. Now, TL is on a kick with limited time offers. Once again, people are getting tired of it and expressing dissatisfaction. The solution utilized by many successful businesses is to frequently change special offers. It is marketing 101.

Be careful with assumptions. I did not say that I don't like the current sales promotion, but it happens to be true. I don't like any promotions that creates inflation of purchase power. GM should be quite happy as I am firmly in the "no sales of any type" group. I have played many months and have watched the per item cost of in-game gem items rise dramatically. The cost of some gem items are more then double. This is probably due to the costs associated with these "sales/promotions"....Everything must be paid for in some fashion.........

I wouldn't say people overall have expressed dissatisfaction with either the Limited Time or Free Gift sales. We are continuing to utilize different sales types to see what our customers like and gravitate to, but that doesn't mean other sales haven't been well-received, or won't be used in the future.

143Blue
11-15-11, 10:41 PM
omg yay!! 40% offers will still exsist!! lol so many ppl told me they dont offer it and i was so sad lol thnxs now i can look foward to buy gems again:)

143Blue
11-15-11, 10:45 PM
oooo lets all chat "christmas sale! Christmas sale!' u no as a holiday thing 40% off at christmas? cuz then alot of the players(like me) can finally buy the 580 pack!!:) :) :)

sourlicorice2
11-16-11, 08:27 AM
oooo lets all chat "christmas sale! Christmas sale!' u no as a holiday thing 40% off at christmas? cuz then alot of the players(like me) can finally buy the 580 pack!!:) :) :)

I've never bought the 580 pack but with a 40% discount I'd probably cave and buy it for at least one of my games.

ilovecooper14
11-16-11, 09:07 AM
I've never bought the 580 pack but with a 40% discount I'd probably cave and buy it for at least one of my games.
Ah. I've been saving up; thought there would be a 40% a while ago. Now I have enough money to buy quite a few packs of 580:cool::D:o
Lollll😂😂

pinkberry22
11-16-11, 09:32 AM
Ah. I've been saving up; thought there would be a 40% a while ago. Now I have enough money to buy quite a few packs of 580:cool::D:o
Lollll😂😂

And we are best buddies who share gems together right =D?

dalula
11-16-11, 03:04 PM
Maybe one in Thanksgiving wouldnt hurt... :)

oncure
11-16-11, 10:58 PM
how about gems on sale after Thanksgiving Nov 25:p:o

143Blue
11-16-11, 11:19 PM
Lollll😂😂
lol i dont use my own money cuz really... i rather spend it on real stuff and clothes frm like store n were i can wear the stuff to school lol so i use my dads credit card:P

Wilbursworld
11-16-11, 11:26 PM
😊I usually only buy gems when they have the 40% sale because I'm on a budget. They still have them occasionally but I did notice a 20% of on Treasure Story today

Wilbursworld
11-16-11, 11:27 PM
I love that idea! Why not it would fit right in!

iris2005
11-19-11, 02:03 PM
I don't think TL will give us 40% off anymore.

143Blue
11-19-11, 02:58 PM
black friday gem sale! black friday gem sale!!:)

iris2005
11-20-11, 01:55 PM
yay! black Friday gems on sale 40% off on Nov, 25 :(:(:(

nmishii
11-20-11, 02:31 PM
Black Friday 40% gem sales would be nice for those buying gems. If Friday comes and goes and no gem sale, you can always hope for one on Cyber Monday.

ilovecooper14
11-20-11, 02:48 PM
Black Friday 40% gem sales would be nice for those buying gems. If Friday comes and goes and no gem sale, you can always hope for one on Cyber Monday.

That's what I was thinking; this is a cyber game; cyber Monday! ;););)

dalula
11-20-11, 06:07 PM
I heard someone say they got a 40% off and a free gift with gem purchase. is there such thing as that? :confused:

Good days for sales... 1. Thanksgiving! :) 2. Black Friday (lots of people have already suggested this... i think its a great idea) 3. Christmas! (farther away)

kooky panda
11-20-11, 07:06 PM
I heard someone say they got a 40% off and a free gift with gem purchase. is there such thing as that? :confused:

Good days for sales... 1. Thanksgiving! :) 2. Black Friday (lots of people have already suggested this... i think its a great idea) 3. Christmas! (farther away)

I have had a 40% off sale (a while ago) and then I also got the offer for buy gems get free gift, but you cannot use them at the same time. When I hit the package gem on the pop up it did not give me the 40% off sale.